What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

I don't know why I keep getting food from this place. Just had another barely edible Patty melt. I guess I forget how shitty it's gotten then go back because I think it will be like it used to be. 

Maybe the regular burgers haven't fallen off as hard but they did something to the Texas toast that should be a felony. 

On 11/20/2022 at 3:16 PM, davidg said:

Got a #1 w/cheese, mustard only, no veggies as a road snack on my way home from visiting my dad this weekend and imagine my surprise when I looked in the bag and saw not one but 2 of the Spicy Ketchup - Limited Batch #2s in the bag without even requesting any ketchup. Girl working the window said they had just got some in so maybe this will be a regular thing. Great ketchup IMO and will hoard any I can get.

It really is damn good stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I don’t know about all this Debbie downer talk. I had a double with cheese, grilled onions and japs yesterday after a two month Whataburger hiatus and it was spectacular. My only regret was not asking for a side of gravy to dip the fries. 

had a whataburger over the holiday weekend, it was pretty good. damn fresh for sure 

This is an unpopular opinion. I believe we blame the entire decline of Whataburger on the Chicago thugs. I believe they are a convenient scapegoat and have certainly made things worse, but the decline started well before the sale. I think they were preparing the company for sale, were over expanding, and cutting where they could for at least a couple years before they sold it.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, DallasSooner said:

I want a Whatataquito which has potato, sausage and bacon in it.  Why do they not have that?  Yes i know I can add that to a regular taquito but I don't want to pay $18 for a taquito.  You'd think this would be an item they offered. Just an "everything" taquito. 

My app tells me this taquito combination is only $7 and not $18.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, DallasSooner said:

I want a Whatataquito which has potato, sausage and bacon in it.  Why do they not have that?  Yes i know I can add that to a regular taquito but I don't want to pay $18 for a taquito.  You'd think this would be an item they offered. Just an "everything" taquito. 

Give It To Me Want GIF

On 11/28/2022 at 4:38 PM, deft said:

You created the famous pecan pie shake and now you’re advocating for a boiled nut shake?

I appreciate you but I did not create that.  I thought dropping a slice of pie in the blender with ice cream was a thing.  I definitely knew of other people doing it before I did. 

On 11/28/2022 at 2:02 PM, Dutch said:

The sad part is those Chicago fuckers are probably hard at work on those items instead of bringing back the jap cheddar biscuit and green chile double.

Fuckers.

Ugh, I was crushed when the jalapeno cheddar biscuit was discontinued. The person in the drive thru could definitely hear the disappointment and heartbreak in my voice afterwards. Here's to hoping they bring it back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Whataburger has incredibly high inconsistency between locations. The one on S. Shepherd in Houston is consistent its suckage. I've started bypassing that one and ordering from the one on Westheimer in River Oaks which has much better quality. Even then, I will order ahead on the app for in-store pick-up, wait until my allotted time and still have to wait 5-10 minutes to get my order. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, royiv said:

Westheimer in River Oaks which has much better quality

I lived down the street on Timmons for a year during law school in the 90s.  That River Oaks Whataburger was my go-to.  It's been solid for decades.  I miss it along with Baily's.

Man, with those two plus the summit, 1990s Timmons was great!

Edited by dcbc

On 12/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, royiv said:

Whataburger has incredibly high inconsistency between locations. The one on S. Shepherd in Houston is consistent its suckage. I've started bypassing that one and ordering from the one on Westheimer in River Oaks which has much better quality. Even then, I will order ahead on the app for in-store pick-up, wait until my allotted time and still have to wait 5-10 minutes to get my order. 

Whataburger deep on Harrisburg is consistently good. 

but the Popeyes across the street 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1