What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Deej said:

I rather pass on the shitty tomatoes they put on a burger at fast food places. 

Bad quality is another subject all together.  And if I get bad maters, I'll complain later about it.  But when I'm ordering, drag that sumbitch through the garden.

17 hours ago, elfenix said:

Yes, they're shitty out of season Florida tomatoes like you're going to get from 99% of restaurants in the US right now

Also like 99% of grocery stores in the country 365/24/7. IMO, they’ve really messed up tomatoes by making them less acidic and trying to make them last longer on the shelves. 

Decent farmers’ market or homegrown tomatoes (usually Celebrity) are so tremendously better than anything in a chain grocery store it’s like they not even the same object. 

Also: “Number Two with cheese, as many jalapeños as you can fit on it, Whatasized, extra large unsweet tea, no ice, spicy ketchup. No, nothing else, thanks.”

A little while back, they built a new Whataburger a couple of miles from my house. For the first couple of months, it seemed like the same woman was always on one of the registers. It didn’t take her very long before she was already entering my order as soon as the person in front of me walked away. I haven’t seen her for a while, but I like to think a person on the ball like that has upgraded her job and is doing well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...

I worked an overnight shift at the HLSR last night. I was running on a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and a pot of coffee. So I was understandably craving some sausage taquitos.

I received 99.999% egg with a trace amount of sausage at Holcombe Houston location. 

Tortilla and egg quality were good for fast food, but they didn’t put any sausage in that son of a bitch. 

Thanks Chicago. 

Well, the brand new Whataburger near us, which, early-on, proved itself capable of fucking up Christmas, but which seemed to have turned a corner and was getting most things right lately, has reverted to its old ways.  It's an early morning and I want to crab something that's going to blunt the edge of that last glass of red wine from the night before.  So after I drop the kid off for school, I run to Whataburger.  I decided to order something that tended to work on the app, but decided to skip the app and drive through and order at the counter so I could make sure they got it right.  Here's the order:

Honey-butter-chicken biscuit.  Cut the honey-butter.  Add and egg. 

So a chicken biscuit with egg, but on the app, you have to do it the way I ordered it.  The person taking my order got it, and the receipt bears that out.  I get my order, go to my car, open it up and give it a quick sniff.  All seems well.  I drive to the house, open the package and take a bite of that disgustingly sweet nastiness.  Those mother-scratchers put friggin' honey butter on there.  I wanted to drive back over there and pitch a fit like Reece Bobby after the TGI Fridays put damned onions on his damned steak!

But I didn't.  I ate it and hated every nasty-sweet bit of it and vowed not to go to this Whataburger for a while.

8 hours ago, futureman said:

honey butter on a biscuit slams.  are you ok?

I probably should have posted in the unpopular opinions thread, but while I like honey and butter on biscuits, once the chicken is in the mix, I don't want that syrupy sweet goo on it.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

I can get it. When the HBCB came out, my initial reaction was FUCK YES SOUNDS AMAZING, but every time I have gotten it, it just doesn't come close to what the sum of the parts should be IMO. I wouldn't turn one down if placed in front of me, but BOB and taquitos are superior, as was the true king, sausage egg & chz on a jalapeno cheddar biscuit, may he rest in power. 

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

I can get it. When the HBCB came out, my initial reaction was FUCK YES SOUNDS AMAZING, but every time I have gotten it, it just doesn't come close to what the sum of the parts should be IMO. I wouldn't turn one down if placed in front of me, but BOB and taquitos are superior, as was the true king, sausage egg & chz on a jalapeno cheddar biscuit, may he rest in power. 

breakfast burger on jcb, ranchero style, no ranch (or whatever salad dressing usually comes with it, the ranchero salsa is enough), is the best breakfast sandwich ever made at whataburger. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, futureman said:

sausage egg and cheese on jap cheddar biscuit is at the top of the mountain, looking down on the rest of the menu. 

The original inspiration for my recently ruined order was HBCB, nix the HB, add egg, sub jalapeno cheddar biscuit.  Sausage, egg, biscuit is my usual go-to.

/RIP JCB

Edited by dcbc

• 2 months later...

I haven’t been to WB in ages. AC was out over Memorial Day weekend and was too hot to make food. Went and got a patty melt. I was shocked - it was hot, melty, fries on point and only took 10 min total to obtain 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I haven’t been to WB in ages. AC was out over Memorial Day weekend and was too hot to make food. Went and got a patty melt. I was shocked - it was hot, melty, fries on point and only took 10 min total to obtain 

WBs run the gamut for quality product and service.  Some are simply allsome and others are not so great.

The best that I frequent are on Silber north of the Katy Freeway, BW 8 and Westheimer, the location attached to the HEB fuel station / stop & rob in Lytle,  Hondo location on Hwy 90 and the store off of 123 south of I-10 in Seguin.  Each is always consistent in quality and service.

On 3/15/2023 at 8:48 PM, dcbc said:

Well, the brand new Whataburger near us, which, early-on, proved itself capable of fucking up Christmas, but which seemed to have turned a corner and was getting most things right lately, has reverted to its old ways.  It's an early morning and I want to crab something that's going to blunt the edge of that last glass of red wine from the night before.  So after I drop the kid off for school, I run to Whataburger.  I decided to order something that tended to work on the app, but decided to skip the app and drive through and order at the counter so I could make sure they got it right.  Here's the order:

Honey-butter-chicken biscuit.  Cut the honey-butter.  Add and egg. 

So a chicken biscuit with egg, but on the app, you have to do it the way I ordered it.  The person taking my order got it, and the receipt bears that out.  I get my order, go to my car, open it up and give it a quick sniff.  All seems well.  I drive to the house, open the package and take a bite of that disgustingly sweet nastiness.  Those mother-scratchers put friggin' honey butter on there.  I wanted to drive back over there and pitch a fit like Reece Bobby after the TGI Fridays put damned onions on his damned steak!

But I didn't.  I ate it and hated every nasty-sweet bit of it and vowed not to go to this Whataburger for a while.

You should have just given it a few shakes of Chrystal or Louisiana and it would have been perfect  

36 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You should have just given it a few shakes of Chrystal or Louisiana and it would have been perfect  

Ooh.  Hot honey.  That's not a bad idea at all.  Question is, does that special draw in my office with all the Taco Bell fire sauce and ketchup have any leftover Schlotsky's LAHS that hasn't gone to vinegar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

If you’re a Wingstop fan, their hot honey is pretty damn good. 

There was a Pizza place here at one point, which, sadly, decided to pull up stakes.  They had a pizza called the Bee's Knees.  I saved a copy of the menu in case I ever wanted to try to recreate any of their pizzas.

The Bee's Knees:  Roast garlic puree, 4-cheese blend, pepperoni, Italian sausage, Mike's Hot Honey, thyme, orange drizzle

• Like 3

Upon hearing the news of the return of the jalapeño cheddar biscuit, on of my brothers asked chatgpt to write a poem:

Oh, Whataburger's delight,
A biscuit that ignites,
Jalapeño's fiery zest,
Cheddar cheese at its best.

Golden biscuit, warm and light,
With flavors that excite,
Spicy jalapeños dance,
Bringing joy with every glance.

Melted cheddar, oozy and rich,
Creating a heavenly pitch,
The perfect blend of heat and cheese,
A taste sensation that aims to please.

Morning or night, it doesn't matter,
This biscuit's a true chatter,
Whataburger's delight, so bold,
Leaving taste buds forever sold.

So, savor each bite with delight,
As this biscuit takes flight,
Whataburger's creation, a true gem,
The jalapeño cheddar biscuit, a culinary anthem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Upon hearing the news of the return of the jalapeño cheddar biscuit, on of my brothers asked chatgpt to write a poem:

Oh, Whataburger's delight,
A biscuit that ignites,
Jalapeño's fiery zest,
Cheddar cheese at its best.

Golden biscuit, warm and light,
With flavors that excite,
Spicy jalapeños dance,
Bringing joy with every glance.

Melted cheddar, oozy and rich,
Creating a heavenly pitch,
The perfect blend of heat and cheese,
A taste sensation that aims to please.

Morning or night, it doesn't matter,
This biscuit's a true chatter,
Whataburger's delight, so bold,
Leaving taste buds forever sold.

So, savor each bite with delight,
As this biscuit takes flight,
Whataburger's creation, a true gem,
The jalapeño cheddar biscuit, a culinary anthem.

1552d64d-98d5-43bf-b139-90b951f84ec0_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, they’re bringing the Jalapeño cheddar biscuit back FOR A LIMITED TIME! Lucky us!
Fuck that shit. That’s like your woman cutting you off for two years, then saying “I’m bringing back sex for a limited time - this summer only!” Oh, THANK YOU for your benevolence.
Fuck that shit, you yankee fucks. The JCB doesn’t visit the menu. It belongs ON the menu. God I hate these fuckers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I don't know why it annoys me, bur for some reason, Whataburger's new practice of asking for a name with the order instead of giving me a number on table tent really bugs me.  At least that is how my local Whataburger is doing things now; I don't know if it is done that way everywhere.

Also, if the customer is sitting down inside the restaurant, it should be automatic that napkins are brought out with the order.  It is bad enough I have to request ketchup but to also request napkins is just idiotic.  And it is also idiotic that I just cannot grab a handful of napkins myself.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don't know why it annoys me, bur for some reason, Whataburger's new practice of asking for a name with the order instead of giving me a number on table tent really bugs me.  At least that is how my local Whataburger is doing things now; I don't know if it is done that way everywhere.
Also, if the customer is sitting down inside the restaurant, it should be automatic that napkins are brought out with the order.  It is bad enough I have to request ketchup but to also request napkins is just idiotic.  And it is also idiotic that I just cannot grab a handful of napkins myself.

Probably because everyone was stealing the number tents.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2