College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

2 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Holy shit, was this destiny?  Is this the year I became a (gulp) Texas fan?  I feel so dirty.  I mean, who the fuck else would I follow/time invested?

Hi.

Pete The Clipart Pistol Pete - Oklahoma State University ...

Edited by JMFP

20 hours ago, Shaggybevo said:

If some states/teams/conferences/players want to play, please respect their decision.

If some states/teams/conferences/players don't want to play, please respect their decision.

Same thing for fans that want to attend/don't want to attend, please respect their decision.

Ultimately, everyone will have to live with the consequences of their own choices.

"You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.   If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.  You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill.  I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill."

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I want it to happen bc it means we didn’t have a second flare up.  But that’s a nice bonus.  Especially living in B1G headquarters...

Meanwhile, B1G is hoping for the worst, a complete collapse of the season in tradition rich towns of football royalty as Austin/ Norman & Tuscaloosa...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Holy shit, was this destiny?  Is this the year I became a (gulp) Texas fan?  I feel so dirty.  I mean, who the fuck else would I follow/time invested?

Please, don't put that misery on yourself.

Signed, someone who cares.

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Meanwhile, B1G is hoping for the worst, a complete collapse of the season in tradition rich towns of football royalty as Austin/ Norman & Tuscaloosa...

No one is hoping for the worst 

We’re just being realistic about how this virus works 

Did FL, TX, and AZ have huge outbreaks because people hoped for the worst? Or did that happen they ignored how the virus works and anyone with a brain could see what was going to happen in those states?

Pretty sure it’s the latter.

I would be ecstatic if we could play a full season but I think I know how this movie ends 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Did FL, TX, and AZ have huge outbreaks because people hoped for the worst? Or did that happen they ignored how the virus works and anyone with a brain could see what was going to happen in those states?

I would be ecstatic if we could play a full season but I think I know how this movie ends 

Nope. If you say anything that isn’t MUST PLAY FOOTBALL, you’re rooting for it to fail and you hate America and puppies and Jesus. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I think being fully remote is even worse for these students. Can you imagine just being in your dorms 100% of the time with the "responsibility" of going to class virtually but not physically?  They have to be partying 100%, being drunk or high, and trying to get laid.  Surprised all of them don't have COVID already.

Just keep the football players away from that.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Please, don't put that misery on yourself.

Signed, someone who cares.

I truly appreciate your concern but wth do you think I've been doing 1/2 of the last 20 years?  Don't forget, also a Dolphins fan, been stellar!!!

Edited by mulletpelini
what you call hell, I call home
  • Like 1

I think being fully remote is even worse for these students. Can you imagine just being in your dorms 100% of the time with the "responsibility" of going to class virtually but not physically?  They have to be partying 100%, being drunk or high, and trying to get laid.  Surprised all of them don't have COVID already.

The entire point of being a college football player for 70% of any team is to get drunk, high, and laid.

I truly appreciate your concern but wth do you think I've been doing 1/2 of the last 20 years?  Don't forget, also a Dolphins fan, been stellar!!!

Ditto on the Dolphins, but I can no longer claim to be a fan, abused spectator is more accurate.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sdhornesq said:

I don't see the logic in moving students into a dorm so they can take online classes.  Why not open the dining halls but make them bring a bag lunch?

Ditto on the Dolphins, but I can no longer claim to be a fan, abused spectator is more accurate.

I gave up on the dolphins years ago. We had unbelievable season tickets back in the Orange Bowl and I grew up with Shula’s Buonniconti’s and Griese’s kids.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

The funny thing is the shut down did absolutely fucking nothing in terms of the spread of the virus, but instead created a much worse environment for people to be happy and healthy. The only thing it did was delay the inevitable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The funny thing is the shut down did absolutely fucking nothing in terms of the spread of the virus, but instead created a much worse environment for people to be happy and healthy. The only thing it did was delay the inevitable. 

While most likely true, it was also very necessary

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, sdhornesq said:

I am under the impression that some schools have sent the students home, thus they must get high/ drunk/ laid in mom's basement.?!

13 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

It's not happening.  We have been 100% guaranteed by several posters here that there is absolutely no chance of football and everybody who thinks there will be is a complete moron.

The Venn diagram of the snarky “its cute you still think we will have a CFB season “ and “Ballgame” crowd is a circle.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Wtf?

His responsibilities as father are different from his responsibilities as a commissioner.

His son will be fine, but the old fat ladies cleaning his son's locker room probably won't be. As a dad he doesn't have to care about the old fat ladies, but as a commissioner he does.

At least that's my read on it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

His responsibilities as father are different from his responsibilities as a commissioner.

His son will be fine, but the old fat ladies cleaning his son's locker room probably won't be. As a dad he doesn't have to care about the old fat ladies, but as a commissioner he does.

weird stereotype is weird

I will say I would feel much more confident and comfortable with having a football season if we weren't having fans and unnecessary people at the stadium. I think the cleaning staff can probably be taken care of with the right gear, and they probably also have cleaning supplies with them.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I will say I would feel much more confident and comfortable with having a football season if we weren't having fans and unnecessary people at the stadium. I think the cleaning staff can probably be taken care of with the right gear, and they probably also have cleaning supplies with them.

Yeah, I think we should have a season but Im not sold on the fans part. I just think optics wise and logistically, fans is going to be a nightmare. Maybe they have a plan, but it seems short sighted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Here's a "double-down" on the issue, as the gubna' of Micheegan (purposely misspelled) is glad of no football:

24 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Likewise elsewhere too, but the question remains:

Well then are those players on the football team..?
Would those students have been tested at home..?
COVID, is beyond sports, should we shutter work..?

Edited by kopp0e

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Looks like The University needs to have some words with the Panhellenic Council.

The older members apparently signed a contract with UPC agreeing all bid day crap would not be in person or else they might lose official status... lmaooooo worked out pretty well