Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Michael Knight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Part 1 again at the Alamo a couple of weeks ago.  The last 20 mins or so drags, but otherwise, that movie rules so hard.  Just the best filmmaking across the board and the visuals and sound in the theater are incredible.  The CGI isn't seamless, but it's pretty damn close.  The whole movie feels tactile, which is a real rarity in big movies these days.

Can't wait for Part 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

I thought it wasn’t coming out for another week. Wife has no interest in watching it so I guess I will be waiting for streaming like part 1. 

You're not allowed to go see a movie without you wife?

25 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i never read the book nor saw the 80s version so i don't know the story that well...but i loved part one. about to sit down and rewatch to refresh my memory. we're experiencing this one in theater. much excite.

Tried to read the book and the Holy Bible but one of my dogs ate them. Seriously. I love the visuals of this story. Villeneuve doing work

On 2/26/2024 at 7:39 AM, atomheartbevo said:

From the biggest hardcore Dune nerd on YT.

just caught his spoiler review. And it’s exactly what I’ve been missing 

I can’t wait for you fucks to watch it on Thursday… so I’m not alone. 

hurry up already 

• Hook 'Em 1

PSA. Not sure if it was an imax only thing. But previews only lasted maybe 10 mins. 

they showed new mad max and the watchers. And then boom. Movie. 

I was thinking we was gonna get 20+ min previews 

Edited by kingkoopa6

was pretty awesome, I think the hype is too much....It isnt some crazy character developmental movie and its definitely not one of the greats. It just has a great cast, awesome visuals, builds off a classic book. If it was a woman it would be a real life 8.5 but youre not moving to a different country for it.

Easily one of the best sci-fi films I’ve ever seen and potentially a generational type film imo. Every scene hit. How Villeneuve was able to tackle complex issues such as politics and religion, and then execute it to the level he did was a master class. The cinematography was excellent but specifically in the third act he took it to another level. I’ll be seeing this at a minimum 3 times in the theater and I highly recommend seeing it in imax if possible. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I guess I’m an outlier. Yes, the cinematography was good not great. Some of the CGI stuff looked raw. The script was weak, especially when you consider what they decided to leave out.

If you enjoyed it, awesome. I’m glad I saw it in a IMAX theater. It would have been worse on a regular screen or on a TV. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, 59 Burst said:

I guess I’m an outlier. Yes, the cinematography was good not great. Some of the CGI stuff looked raw. The script was weak, especially when you consider what they decided to leave out.

If you enjoyed it, awesome. I’m glad I saw it in a IMAX theater. It would have been worse on a regular screen or on a TV. 

The only CGI that sucked was the arena crowd, in my opinion. That’s going to age super poorly. But a minor complaint overall

• Like 2

It was ok but it seemed like they really truncated the big battle scene at the end. I mean you got so much material to work with: dudes riding in on sandworms; massive sandstorm; future weapons; and all we got was three worms approaching the emperor’s encampment, and then a bunch of sort of knife, fights. And they kind of played it, that Paul and his group approached on foot from what look like over a mile away, I don’t ever recall him and his group riding a worm in. I mean, I actually like the Kyle McLaughlin version of that battle scene better.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Just came home from watching it. Awesome flick. My theatre didn’t have the sandworm popcorn box. I was disappointed.

image.thumb.png.12c7bdcbad9400cc4560d61040efd1d6.png

• Haha 8