2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

24 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I'm watching a live discussion with Jon Meacham right now.  He says that he's been talking to insiders on both sides, who are paying a lot of money for internal polls.  The universal consensus is that if the election were held right now (i.e., no  major bombshells that shift votes on election day) it would be a rout for Biden, in the 400 EV range.

Just reporting the news, don't shoot the messenger...

spacer.png

I assume that means he wins Texas and Florida and Ohio? That would be a huge number.

Nevada trending very similar to 2016 so far. After stalling out Monday of the final week of EV, Clark firewall looks to pick up steam to finish out strong. Friday is usually a huge turnout day as a lot of young DEM voters tend to procrastinate. 

Need 2 more days of big mail turnout to hit 80K+ which would be a hard mountain for Trump to climb.

ElgBxz4U8AIFY5L?format=jpg&name=4096x409

27 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I'm watching a live discussion with Jon Meacham right now.  He says that he's been talking to insiders on both sides, who are paying a lot of money for internal polls.  The universal consensus is that if the election were held right now (i.e., no  major bombshells that shift votes on election day) it would be a rout for Biden, in the 400 EV range.

Just reporting the news, don't shoot the messenger...

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Florida info 

I think Florida may be going to Trump. Lili Estefan is a popular host of Cuban decent on Univision and my wife tells me she is all in for Trump like never before and it seems many more Cubans are this time. She talks about the shitty job the moderator did for the third debate. Talks about all her friends agreeing. Last time around I did not hear my wife saying much about host being all in for Trump on Univision.

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I think Florida may be going to Trump. Lili Estefan is a popular host of Cuban decent on Univision and my wife tells me she is all in for Trump like never before and it seems many more Cubans are this time. She talks about the shitty job the moderator did for the third debate. Talks about all her friends agreeing. Last time around I did not hear my wife saying much about host being all in for Trump on Univision.

FWIW Cubans make up 6% of the Florida electorate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I'm watching a live discussion with Jon Meacham right now.  He says that he's been talking to insiders on both sides, who are paying a lot of money for internal polls. 

Take it for what it's worth but both Dave Wasserman of Cook Political and Jacob Rubashkin of Inside Elections have said that one of the best perks of their jobs is how often they get to take an under the table peak at district-level internal polls that are never released publicly. The gist is that, almost without fail, they show Biden doing ~10 points better than Clinton. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Nevada trending very similar to 2016 so far. After stalling out Monday of the final week of EV, Clark firewall looks to pick up steam to finish out strong. Friday is usually a huge turnout day as a lot of young DEM voters tend to procrastinate. 

Need 2 more days of big mail turnout to hit 80K+ which would be a hard mountain for Trump to climb.

ElgBxz4U8AIFY5L?format=jpg&name=4096x409

It is actually more than two days. Mail is going to continue to come in and be counted even after early voting is done. Democrats will have Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to further their lead with mail-in-ballots and Republicans will have no ability to offset it with in-person voting. 

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There's a lot of "counter-culture" and "shock value" voting in that demographic. My neighborhood has a group of recent high school grads that have Trump bumper stickers and Trump flags on their trucks. Being a Trump supporter in that demographic is the same as any teenage fad. It gets them attention, regardless if it is good or bad, and gives them something to rally around with their peers. Just based on my own observations, I have a good hunch that it will be a phase that they look back on and wonder what the hell they were thinking, like all teen fads.

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

There's a lot of "counter-culture" and "shock value" voting in that demographic. My neighborhood has a group of recent high school grads that have Trump bumper stickers and Trump flags on their trucks. Being a Trump supporter in that demographic is the same as any teenage fad. It gets them attention, regardless if it is good or bad, and gives them something to rally around with their peers. Just based on my own observations, I have a good hunch that it will be a phase that they look back on and wonder what the hell they were thinking, like all teen fads.

I have no doubt the above observations are true. I also have no doubt that the 18-24 vote is going to be overwhelmingly Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Sweet, mine has been counted. Thanks. 

So has mine and my son with the same name and some other dude in Austin who also like me voted on the very first day.

I know there is at least one other kid with our exact same name in Travis county who apparently hasn’t voted yet (he was in the same Little league baseball league as my son). He’s only 18 though so maybe he is out of the county in college. Tempted to have my son call him but he doesn’t know him very well so probably won’t. 

16 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Yup.  My teenage son asked for a Kanye 2000 flag just so he can be an asshole

That FL poll might be even more eye-popping than their GA poll yesterday. 

And Cohn just dropped his final NC poll for NYT.

Cohn makes it sound like was surprised by the result b/c the sample seemed a little light on black voters and had a higher % of Trump 2016 voters than actual results. In other words, might actually be underestimating Biden.

31 minutes ago, The Dog said:

incredibly flawed poll

somehow they managed to only poll people who have eaten at whataburger post-acquisition

the jerry jones and tom herman numbers are clearly fictitious

also, what the fuck is up with "queso" as a generic term in a list of specific people/places.

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

66-29 Trump in 2016

One thing to consider is that Trump may very well cause voter shenanigans that appear to hurt him, particularly in places that he's likely to win convincingly anyways. If he can point to voter fraud that helps Biden, he can make the case to cast the whole state's outcome in doubt, and get good PR on two fronts -- he can not only say he rightly predicted that there would be voter fraud, but ALSO appear magnanimous because he's pointing out cases that helped his opponent.

Trump has been blustering about wanting a clear winner declared on election night, but it seems like he's most helped by election night ending with chaos.

Florida.  Always Florida.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/29/election-2020-duval-canvassing-board-head-donated-trump-12-times-brent-shore-county-florida-vote/6066521002/

A local judge and head of Duval County’s vote-counting board has donated repeatedly to President Trump’s re-election campaign and other Republican efforts, and his home is covered in signs supporting Trump, despite rules requiring judges like him refrain from donations or public support.

Duval County senior Judge Brent Shore has served as chairman of the canvassing board because of his role as a county judge.

Yet judicial rules bar judges from political donations of any kind.

Senior county Judge Brent Shore, who has refused to change rules barring the public from photographing or videotaping vote-counting meetings, first donated $20 in 2016 to Donald Trump’s initial campaign for president. He has donated 11 more times since then to Trump for a total of $170, as well as donating $178 in the last two years to the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Congressional Committee and the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Outside his home, his yard holds a Trump sign and two signs for Republican U.S. Rep. John Rutherford. A Trump-Pence banner hangs from his front window, and four stickers cover the window panels by his front door.

“Americans for the Trump Agenda,” reads one. “Keep the heat on Congress.”

Violating the judicial canons could land Shore, who wouldn't answer questions for this story, in front of the Judicial Qualifications Commission, where judges are prosecuted and even removed from their positions depending on the seriousness of their violations.

Shore also may have violated the rules for canvassing board members. Canvassing boards, which right now have been counting mail ballots prior to Election Day, are three-person boards with a county commissioner, an elections supervisor and led by a county judge. They are banned from “actively participating” in campaigns or supporting candidacies.

The Division of Elections has said while campaign donations don't count as active participation, “displaying a candidate's campaign signs” would disqualify someone from serving on a canvassing board.

While Shore didn’t return requests for comment, his wife, Kathryn Petway Shore, answered the door Wednesday evening at their Atlantic Beach home and demanded to know how a reporter knew her husband had donated to Trump.

She then said the Federal Elections Commission’s donor database must be wrong because her husband hadn’t donated to Trump.

“I’m not convinced just because somebody put it on a list that my husband did it,” she said. The donations said they came from a Brent Douglas Shore who listed their home address and said his occupation was “judge,” “judicial” and “retired” and listed the “state of Florida” as his employer.

She said the six signs and stickers supporting Trump’s campaign and the two signs for Rutherford belonged to her and not to her husband.

“My husband would never do anything unethical or improper,” she said. “I am not a judge, and those signs are mine. And yes, that’s my half of the front yard.”

She said the sign on the other half of the yard was also hers. Yet a judicial ethics opinion explicitly says spouses cannot post political signs in the yard in front of homes where judges live. 

"The campaign sign in the yard of the residence jointly owned by the judge and spouse conveys to the public a message that the judge supports the candidate," the opinion said.

And for good measure:

Shore, who has taken an at-times caustic reaction to the media and to lawyers for the Duval Democratic Party, also led the board during the 2000 election when some 26,000 Duval votes for president were thrown out.

Lately, Shore has drawn criticism for his handling of the board as it has banned the public and media from photographing or videotaping the proceedings, despite repeated rulings from Florida courts saying board meetings cannot bar non-disruptive photography or recordings.

Though the initial rules went into place by Flower, Shore, who has criticized media coverage, has refused to change the rules, saying if he allowed journalists to photograph that he would need to “babysit” them. 

And a picture of His Honor, at work:

1924b84b-0f17-4b13-8e31-9b1cb0e97a83-Bre

6 minutes ago, ndawg said:

One thing to consider is that Trump may very well cause voter shenanigans that appear to hurt him, particularly in places that he's likely to win convincingly anyways. If he can point to voter fraud that helps Biden, he can make the case to cast the whole state's outcome in doubt, and get good PR on two fronts -- he can not only say he rightly predicted that there would be voter fraud, but ALSO appear magnanimous because he's pointing out cases that helped his opponent.

Trump has been blustering about wanting a clear winner declared on election night, but it seems like he's most helped by election night ending with chaos.

Imagine if his whole strategy was to rat fuck a few states like this, then he fucks around and loses Texas and makes the whole thing moot. 

source.gif

Edited by Pescado_Rojo

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

7bvo.gif

19 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

These are not the smartest guys.

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps it was unwise to go to war with the Post Office during a pandemic in an election year. 

cheeto is going there on saturday

high comedy value, but this could backfire

Edited by Hagbard Celine
derp