2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Something else worth noting: a brief search of the weather in various battleground places looks to be good weather on Tuesday basically all across the country.

Nothing there that would hamper turnout.

A friend that lives in New Orleans was talking about power outages from Zeta affecting voting. 

Jefferson and St.Tammany Parishes (red) are forecasting 80 percent power restoration over the weekend, Orleans Parish (Blue) is forecasting 10 days without power which overlaps Election Day.

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

The GOP court battles (to shape voting outcomes):

image.png.73b5a7d0a9e0ad9571c97e7b00363e3e.png

When you are deathly afraid of what the voters have to say about you via the exercise of your vote......you suck shit through a straw.  You COULD decide that you should find ways not to suck, so voters won't hate you.

But nope, the GOP goes all-in on "suck MORE shit through a straw, and LITERALLY oppose the principle of 'count every vote, and make sure every vote counts.'"  The GOP opposes the bedrock principle of government of, by, and for the people.

Never, ever forget that.  That is perhaps the greatest sin for which they cannot and must not be forgiven.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, 'stache said:

It shouldn't be close. That's why we worry.

This.  I mean, he's the shittiest president in history.  He's an absolutely awful, brain-damaged, psychotic human being.  In a sane, functioning country, he should be losing by a 90-10 margin.  This election should be perfunctory.  The fact that it is competitive stands as a goddamned granite monument to our utter fuckedness.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  I mean, he's the shittiest president in history.  He's an absolutely awful, brain-damaged, psychotic human being.  In a sane, functioning country, he should be losing by a 90-10 margin.  This election should be perfunctory.  The fact that it is competitive stands as a goddamned granite monument to our utter fuckedness.

In a sane country it would have all ended with his little publicity stunt on the escalator. But here we are, hoping and praying that the polls are right this time and that we can finally toss him into the trash heap of history.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Education has always been a badge of honor and status on the left, and an object of hatred and fury for the right, even as the leaders of the right reserve elite education for themselves. 

That's not true.  The academy as an enemy of the "common man" has morphed over time.  When Reagan did it, it was his brain trust (Hoover Institution and other right wing think tanks, neo, neo classical tomes like The Closing of the American Mind) against the liberal brain trust.  Now it's no brain trust. 

You may be defining "the Right" differently than I, but my point is there is an importance in understanding the difference in someone being "anti-educated" in and of itself and someone mistrusting the universities.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wisconsin will always be in play. The GOP there will figure out a way to mess with it even if it means burning ballots inside a building with people inside. They are mean sumbitches.

I am not a poll person per se, but I agree with the TX assessment. I mean I hope Biden gets it, it would be really neat but if one can trust the replies of respondents (for whom they voted, will vote for) in polls like the UMass poll then the R gap will be made up. With the weather being so nice, it seems they probably will turn out in force. I saw that there are going to be a lot of highway Trump parades on Sunday to keep their spirits high.

Honestly, I think Wisconsin is way, way outside of the "fuckery danger zone". Georgia, Florida, NC, and maybe even Pennsylvania are within the fuckery danger zone, but MI/WI are not.

Also, you should know that it's the morning/afternoon and as such you have to be optimistic. No doom until after 7pm.

ETA: What's our doom policy for the weekend? Is it just like an extended weeknight, full on doom time? Or is it beholden to the same AM/PM doom clock as regular weekdays?

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

sounds real confident.

So have a YUGE party in Florida, you big pussy.  Fuck Mar a lago.   Take down the Biltmore in Coral Gables.  Fill it with magats.   Accept the cheers of your adoring fans as the results come in.  

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Top drawer rant. Agree 

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Honestly, I think Wisconsin is way, way outside of the "fuckery danger zone". 

Also, you should know that it's the morning/afternoon and as such you have to be optimistic. No doom until after 7pm.

ETA: What's our doom policy for the weekend? Is it just like an extended weeknight, full on doom time? Or is it beholden to the same AM/PM doom clock as regular weekdays?

Rep for making me laugh, thanks I needed that.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

What's our doom policy for the weekend? Is it just like an extended weeknight, full on doom time? Or is it beholden to the same AM/PM doom clock as regular weekdays?

I laid it out in very simple terms, weeks ago.  Doom correlates to alcohol and drug usage.

Despite the fact that the majority of surlies "work" from home between roughly 9 AM and 5 PM, the indulgences don't really ramp up until dinner time.  That's on weekdays.  Starting Friday evening, on through late Sunday, it's fucking Caligula meets Hunter S. Thompson.

Weekends are doom, 24 hours a day.  This weekend?  Throw in getting mudholed by Okie Fucking State, and I fully expect a subscriber drop of maybe 30% by Monday morning.  The liver transplant list will explode, morgues will start to fill with overdose deaths, yada yada yada.  Few will even be sentient come Tuesday evening.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I laid it out in very simple terms, weeks ago.  Doom correlates to alcohol and drug usage.

Despite the fact that the majority of surlies "work" from home between roughly 9 AM and 5 PM, the indulgences don't really ramp up until dinner time.  That's on weekdays.  Starting Friday evening, on through late Sunday, it's fucking Caligula meets Hunter S. Thompson.

Weekends are doom, 24 hours a day.  This weekend?  Throw in getting mudholed by Okie Fucking State, and I fully expect a subscriber drop of maybe 30% by Monday morning.  The liver transplant list will explode, morgues will start to fill with overdose deaths, yada yada yada.  Few will even be sentient come Tuesday evening.

So doom time is when we're drinking?

Well shit, I just opened a beer.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I actually have pretty firm limits although I talk about alcohol freely on the internets. Too much family background to be cavalier about it in reality. I can get pretty gloomy and doomy but I'll use my words before I abuse my liver, because it's a hard one to recover that much I know.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, thepop said:

A friend of mine who goes to school in Alabama sent in a ballot request twice and hasn't received one. Bexar county. So fucked up how difficult it is to vote.

related story: https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/30/texas-voting-traveling-absentee/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1604082737&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Worried because their absentee ballots never arrived at their homes away from home, the two American University [Washington D.C.] students rented a Volkswagen Golf and drove 30 hours across half a dozen states to cast their votes in person this week.

or

Texan Bradley Bain told Cornyn on Twitter, in a comment that was retweeted nearly 30,000 times, that he was spending more than $400 to fly to Dallas and vote in person “because you ‘accidentally’ flagged me as committing voter fraud in 2018, took me off the voter rolls, and made me ineligible to vote by mail in 2020.”

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's also a testament to the capability of social media to envelop massive swaths of people within a shared hallucination. We joke about MAGA as a death cult, but in reality, that term might actually understate the danger. Cults have real world limits on their ability to spread. Traditional cults are more like Ebola... they turn people into mindless zombies so quickly their friends and family nope out of the batshit before the initiates can reel too many of them in. In a rather is-this-reality-or-a-simulation type move, I think that the MAGA "death cult" spread more like COVID. Because the only fundamental idea that is necessary to transmit MAGA from one person to another is that liberals are evil, it's core message is compatible enough to our shared reality that the normal social disconnection never happened. Which means it could infect a much, much larger population before the rest of civilized society could really understand what was going on and put a stop to the batshit.

As they get more and more estranged from the external material world, they're now all becoming more and more psychotic at the same time. But whereas when one person experiences psychosis all on their own, the people around them generally step in to put a stop to it, what happens when millions of people experience psychosis together? What about when a good number of them are gun owners?

We'll be finding out soon enough. Y'all can pump sunshine all you want, but I know I'll be on the ledge until further notice.

Edited by ndawg

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

TW must be on Hawaiian time or something. Good morning!  You will be surprised to find that this tweet made its way here not long after it was made. 

I'm slow in a sea of slow.  Have you looked around at Wal Marts in Oklahoma?