2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Im an angry bitter motherfucker. Fucking so tired and pissed off. So what am I going to pivot too?

Squeak out a win, let this motherfucker go to jail. Uncover dirt. Be punitive. Fix what you can you in intelligence and around the world but for the love of god burn this fuckface down. Sic the IRS on him. I want this piece of shit to go down the villains I. Ghost where the shadows drag his ass screaming into the fucking darkness. 

what I don't get is this happened while he was in office, why because he is out of office is it off fucking limits?

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Biggest takeaway I got watching coverage last night in a bunch of these tight races was the increasing amount of "Independent" voters. Their numbers are now within range of the main 2 parties is many more places. I think there is a much greater opportunity in 2022 and 2024 for middle of the road candidates to have a chance taking votes from both sides. I think there is a majority of people sitting in the middle that would love to have a 3rd candidate that doesn't represent either of these two parties.  While it would take right right candidate to have a real shot, I do feel like there actually is a shot. 

I've said for years that a moderate Democrat and a moderate Republican have more in common with each other than with a hardline liberal or conservative respectively.  A moderate party should be able to win every election.  The problem this hypothetical party would have is in raising enough funds.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Im an angry bitter motherfucker. Fucking so tired and pissed off. So what am I going to pivot too?

Squeak out a win, let this motherfucker go to jail. Uncover dirt. Be punitive. Fix what you can you in intelligence and around the world but for the love of god burn this fuckface down. Sic the IRS on him. I want this piece of shit to go down the villains I. Ghost where the shadows drag his ass screaming into the fucking darkness. 

If nothing else, bury the motherfucker in litigation.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Bojack said:

How do we win more Senate seats?  I won't list them all, but I count 22 states where I think it's unlikely we win statewide with anything other than a Manchin type.  That's 44 seats and I'm not counting states like Texas and Florida that I think could swing in the near future but have 2 Republicans now.  I'd truly like to hear a strategy that doesn't require the Dem to film all their commercials holding a shotgun.  

We win more Senate seats when Trump isn't on the ballot.  Those fucking people turn out in droves for their Mango God but mostly stayed home in 2018 - because they're not voting for policy or party - they're voting for that orange shit-gibbon.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

So what I’m starting to get out of this election is that the future is in the Democrats direction , but it’s going to be grind. There’s not going to be a 1932 style realignment.

While it pains me to say it, I think Trump doesn't get enough credit for the way he's expanded the republican base. And as disgusting as it is, his confidence and positivity draws people in. Moronic people but we have a lot of them. Once Trump fades, I think I the GOP loses a lot of the Trump expansion.

Based on the electoral map, I doubt it.  Trumpism is here to stay for a while.  He will keep whipping them from outside the government and they wont cross him.  They cant.  

It’s also possible that R politicians will briefly align themselves with Ds to destroy Trump (financially, if not supporting criminal charges). They will need him completely out of the picture ASAP so they can start shoring up for the midterms.

6 minutes ago, Bojack said:

How do we win more Senate seats?  I won't list them all, but I count 22 states where I think it's unlikely we win statewide with anything other than a Manchin type.  That's 44 seats and I'm not counting states like Texas and Florida that I think could swing in the near future but have 2 Republicans now.  I'd truly like to hear a strategy that doesn't require the Dem to film all their commercials holding a shotgun.  

So Democrats need to run Manchin types (or Tester types, or insert state-specific equivalent). Not news! It’s hard to build a coalition starting by writing off 40% of the overall electorate.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I've said for years that a moderate Democrat and a moderate Republican have more in common with each other than with a hardline liberal or conservative respectively.  A moderate party should be able to win every election.  The problem this hypothetical party would have is in raising enough funds.

"moderate" isn't a political ideology. It's called Conservatism. We have lots of people who don't want big change or much change, that's conservatism for real. We need a Conservative party (change only when change needed). We need a Progressive Party (not afraid of big changes, but based in science/data)) and we need a Liberal Party (We tryna change up in this bitchhhhhh) 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

While it pains me to say it, I think Trump doesn't get enough credit for the way he's expanded the republican base. And as disgusting as it is, his confidence and positivity draws people in. Moronic people but we have a lot of them. Once Trump fades, I think I the GOP loses a lot of the Trump expansion.

Yeah, no politician from either side has been an idiot-whisperer to the extent that Trump is an idiot-whisperer.  It is not something that either party can easily replicate.

4 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

WHy the hell is Pennsylvania taking so long?

The Philadelphia City Commissioners (our election administrators) currently list 463,00 votes counted in Philadelphia so far, and I just posted that the Republican commissioner, Al Schmidt, told CNN there are a total of 350,000 mail-in ballots, with that number potentially rising as ballots that were mailed before today arrive. That suggests that there are probably more than 200,000 mail ballots still to be counted here — and they are likely to lean very Democratic in this heavily Democratic city. Importantly, it also suggests Philadelphia turnout may not get to the 710,000 votes cast in 2016, although that will depend on number of outstanding mail ballots.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

OK cool Joe is going to win.

2022 and 2024 lets ACTUALLY EXCITE VOTERS by promising them wages, jobs, healthcare, and housing! DEAL!??!

This is probably wishful thinking but maybe the republican moderates actually work with Biden to get some things done. More likely they'll do what they did 8 years ago with an agenda of making Biden a one-term president.

Biden can also accomplish a lot by undoing the shit Trump has done with exec orders and deregulation. Foreign policy will shift too. The Senate a progressive legislative agenda would have been ideal but the country will be a lot better off with Trump gone.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

GA is still likely biden. ATLANTA is what's left. Stop dooming about if he won or not he clearly didn't win. Biden is cruising to a victory that is a lot closer than it should have been if America cared about America. 

Democrats have shown that they don't have the real fight in them. They are going to fall into the GOP narrative of changing the rules for party. 

The problem with changing the rules for party, is they should be changing the rules for America. The 2 party system is so broken that a huge amount of people voted for a president with literally no platform. The GOP has literally no platform. Think about that for a second, that is a failed state. Democrats just have to add in their no platform and then poof. 

How is it a problem with a two-party system when only one of those parties is broken? How exactly would a third party change that? Maybe Ralph Nader can save us? Or maybe if Bernie was the head of a third party, Trump would somehow not have won Florida? 

The problem is the propoganda arms of the right with their weaponized misinformation and large swath's of the US unable to protect themselves against that propoganda.

The problem is the senate and EC's excessive weight to low-population, far-right states.

Those problems can minimized (PR/DC statehood and regulate facebook, etc.) but it would take Dem control in the Senate.  

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

YEah calm the fuck down Jesus Christ it's not even 9PM

Biden is going to win. 

Even Fox says Biden has 238.  He needs 32; that would be NV (6), MI (16), and WI (10).

My math game was been pretty shaky lately but with him ahead in all three of those states things are looking pretty good.  

9 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

These people aren't republicans and they're not voting for republicans - they're voting for Trump.  He's still going to have a lot of power once he's out because he'll use his devoted followers as a force for/against the Republican party until he's dead or in jail.  The grift won't end once he leaves the White House.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

It’s also possible that R politicians will briefly align themselves with Ds to destroy Trump (financially, if not supporting criminal charges). They will need him completely out of the picture ASAP so they can start shoring up for the midterms.

Short of video of him banging a kid, I dont hold out hope that Rs will turn on him in significant enough numbers.  Trump and Rs will blow off all his financial bullshit as "business" and say hes being persecuted for being successful, all the standard R bullshit. Rs will still be scared of MAGA.  

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, no politician from either side has been an idiot-whisperer to the extent that Trump is an idiot-whisperer.  It is not something that either party can easily replicate.

I agree with your first sentence, I strongly disagree with your second. I think of Trump as like a Michael Vick. Soon there was a VY, and now dual threat QB's are the norm. Trump's approach will be replicated by many, and I suspect some will be more successful at it than Trump. All it takes is one person to decide to take that path and demonstrate its validity, and plenty more will follow. Lets be honest, we aint running out of idiots anytime soon in the good ole US of A. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

This reminds me a lot of 2018. Election night was disappointing, Florida Florida'd, Ohio went red. And then, we went west, and Democrats started winning. And the days after the election went even more heavily in the Democrats favor.

Washington is not a place to live in. The rents are high, the food is bad, the dust is disgusting and the morals are deplorable. Go West, young man, go West and grow up with the country.