2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Those states need to change their vote counting methods after this... no reason they should not be able to count prior to election day, even if just a couple days prior

A lot of them did if the law allowed but others required the legislature to do something and there simply wasn't enough time. We'll see some changes.

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Nothing about the results from last night indicate that Texas is turning blue. A historically inept, unpopular racist will win this state by 8 points. The house did not flip, as was predicted. Cornyn won running away. This state is as deeply red as it ever was. 

I said someday buddy. and i thought it was 6 points

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Probably all of the black people in Detroit that told Trump to go fuck himself.

Again, to be clear, what I'm seeing is a bunch of people claiming a >100,000 vote dump came in that was literally 100% Biden. I'm trying to figure out what BS they're talking about. 

9 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I don't think you can take her out of the Senate. There's going to be at most a 1 vote difference, one way or the other. Mass has a Republican governor so he'll appoint a Republican. 

This was talked about when she was in the running for VP. There are ways around it that have been used in other states. Worst case scenario, it would only be temporary and a special election would be held a few months later. Here's a write up on the workarounds. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-18/elizabeth-warren-s-path-to-becoming-vp-is-easier-than-it-looks

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Elizabeth Warren is never getting approved by a McConnell-controlled Senate.

So, Elizabeth Warren, Acting Secretary of the Treasury?

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The governor doesn’t get to appoint the replacement. The Mass legislature does, I believe. They’re super blue. 

He does. But as noted in my link above, the legislature could change that. 

1. The "dump" was 169k votes that Biden won approximately 85%. That is almost identical to how the vote changed and broke in the Senate race in 2018. Heavy Dem area. No issue.

2. All 3 states (MI/WI/PA) tried to get the legislatures to count early. All 3 are R run and fought it. The states aren't trying to fix it.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

He won't run again. I predict that he will die in circumstances just murky enough  that they will allow Q-Anon types and conspiracy buffs the room to REALLY  stretch out.   It will be a parting gift from the President.

I'm hoping he and Melanie pull an Adolph / Eva Braun scenario.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Texas will never go blue. But hopefully we can force the GOP's platform to change and become more progressive to be able to hang on to Texas. 

Yeah I logged in to FB for the first time in a year or so to see what was flowing across the Permian Basin FB, it was nauseating.

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If/when Biden wins, it will be great. 

I think the majority (literal in this case) woke up today depressed because they realized that there is still a large portion of the country that saw 4 years of Trump's narcissism, corruption, pettiness, mismanagement, anti-democratic shit and we're still like, yep he's my guy. 

It's depressing

Somehow, someway, Biden will have a lot of repairing to do, should he win.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Agree with Irish. If anything this was a step backwards. Historic turnout,  no change, and that’s WITH an amoral POS at the top of the ticket. Get anyone “reasonable” and this flimsy dem coalition falls apart and texas goes back to +12 or more. 

That assumes Trumpistan comes out to vote en masse without their God on the ticket.  2018 gives us some clue that they won't.

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Quoting myself here because:

The Democratic Party is so fucking inept.

No, Cubans are complete dumbasses. They still think of republican and democrat in 1960s terms. I bet 99 percent of them have no idea they're actually voting to lose thier healthcare, voting for worse relations with cuba so they'll never have a chance to go back and get land, and voting for increased racial prejudice against them. 

The same is true for a ton of Texas Mexicanos. The margin in Texas came down to a few hundred thousand. If a strong united latino front showed up against the same issues republicans and trump are attacking them with they would have flipped Texas and this would be over. They would have  also ousted Cornyn and made the senate tighter and could do the same to Cruz next time if they wanted. Then they'd have a ton of leverage negotiating with Biden/democrats as a group for policy changes that benefit latinos in Texas because the Dems would know that without them they might have lost the presidency and might not be able to get a senate majority. They could also negotiate with republicans in Texas to get shit changed fast or we'll keep screwing you locally and ousting your people. 

Instead it looks like Biden and Dems will have the presidency in spite of Texas latinos so there's no room for negotiation at all. No leverage. No policy changes whatsoever to benefit them as a discriminated against minority group in Texas. Latinos have the numbers in Texas, Florida, and Arizona to do massive damage to either side and be in position to negotiate a ton of change but frankly they're being too stupid as a whole to capitalize on it. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So you’re saying Joe Biden is better for America?

I'm saying that at this point in time, under the conditions we are in, and with a Senate controlled by Republicans, that may be the case.  Nobody really hates Biden - not even the most die hard republicans or Trumpkins as you call them, they just think he is unfit for president and are concerned that he is a puppet for others in the party. If America gets a neutered Biden, that we may be better off than having half of America marching through the streets with urine bombs and fireworks. 

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

I'm saying that at this point in time, under the conditions we are in, and with a Senate controlled by Republicans, that may be the case.  Nobody really hates Biden - not even the most die hard republicans or Trumpkins as you call them, they just think he is unfit for president and are concerned that he is a puppet for others in the party. If America gets a neutered Biden, that we may be better off than having half of America marching through the streets with urine bombs and fireworks. 

I thought the urine bombs and fireworks were happening either way? Should I drain my urine bombs?

16 minutes ago, LTbear said:

So for people who followed through the night, on some of the crazy boards a lot of people are complaining about a middle of the night "138,000 vote dump" in Michigan that was "100% for Biden, totally impossible." Anyone know what they're referring to?

Trump said it, so you know it's truthful. Total truthiness.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Yeah I logged in to FB for the first time in a year or so to see what was flowing across the Permian Basin FB, it was nauseating.

There are also a lot of people like me and my dad that voted Biden that don't generally like voting dem. The "never Trump" contingent.

I actually think Biden getting 5 million votes in Texas says a lot. As did the Beto/Cruz race being within a couple points. 

But, it's still Texas, folks. There aren't many black voters outside of Houston and Dallas. Hispanics don't vote as dem as they probably should. 

I am confused.  Trump said very loudly last night that we should stop counting ballots.

This is why people bitching about Democrats failing to do enough to win over voters are misguided. Trump is going to argue both sides of the ballot counting issue less than 12 hours apart and none of his supporters will blink an eye.  How exactly do you overcome that?

Edited by kevwun

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump ran one of the worst campaigns imaginable and he’s still competitive.

That's probably true - but the DNC needs to be better. They were just good enough this time around but we need less 80 year old white guys.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Those states need to change their vote counting methods after this... no reason they should not be able to count prior to election day, even if just a couple days prior

I know that's also the case in Michigan and Pennsylvania. GOP state legislatures, under a gerrymandered stranglehold, prevent election officials from doing this because they know chaos narrative behooves them.

• Hook 'Em 3