2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

I think just Wisconsin.  Michigan will likely be recounted because Trumps lawyers will force it.

Wiscy is not auto-recount.  GOP should be leery about requesting one if the final margin is under 1%.  And, also, they can't file until all the provisional ballots are counted, which could be Friday.  Three days of the media repeating that Biden won will not be good for Trump.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I'm worried Nevada will be the monkey wrench. What votes are left to be counted?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-nevada-president.html

86% of the estimated vote total has been reported.

Timing of results:The state’s election division announced Wednesday morning that no more results would be updated until noon Eastern on Thursday. Remaining votes include mail ballots received on Election Day, those that will arrive over the next week and provisional ballots.

Just now, mdmost said:

I'm worried Nevada will be the monkey wrench. What votes are left to be counted?

Apparently the numbers favor Biden there regardless of how close it appears.

Washoe County(Reno) only reporting 76% and Biden is ahead by 4.2 points 

Clark County(Las Vegas) only reporting 72% and Biden is ahead by 7.5 points. 

Heavily democratic counties and the majority of the population in Nevada. 

1 minute ago, hpslugga said:

I really would like to know how bad his affinity for that Nutless Wonder known as Sheriff Joe hurt him in that state. Really curious.

Trump/GOP have pretty much given away Arizona. Trump has had feuds with a decently popular senator and an extremely popular senator. The gop appointed the loser of a senate race to the vacant seat (like, wtf, did they not realize the message that sends to voters?). Being cozy with racist Joe is just icing on the cake. 

8 minutes ago, G650 said:

I mean, at best I'm glad that I was wrong that there weren't enough decent humans in America to save the country, but there's still 47% shitheels. We have a long way to go.

There are 70-75M baby boomers in this country.  Let's just hope a lot of those fuckers drop dead soon.  Not sure that will fix the issue but I naively hope so.  One day the Rs won't be able to win with a platform that caters exclusively to old white boomers and uneducated bigots.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, mdmost said:

Again, big city (Vegas).

There really aren't any broad swaths that Trump can bank on. It's all mail-in shit originating from big cities, regardless to what state you're referring. Vegas isn't helping, Phoenix isn't helping, Detroit isn't helping, Philly and Pitt aren't helping, Milwaukee and Green Bay aren't helping. He's pretty much screwed as long as the votes are counted.

2 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

England's not far behind the US. Lots of dumbasses pushing for things that will harm them. Maybe not US levels yet but trending that way. 

The wife, niece, and I probably head to either the BVI or some other place with a strong ex pat community and gives me the ability to easily work remotely. 

Yeah, as an arch Anglophile this pains me to say, but the UK is equally as idiotic. Scotland still ok.

I'm angling Switzerland still in Lugano area.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder if some of the increases in Trump votes was pandemic fatigue, meaning people are just tired of lockdowns and worrying. They'd rather say fuck it and just let the chips fall where they may. Granted, if it hits their family, it will be someone else's fault. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

What was the last Wisconsin poll that was anywhere close to Biden +1?

Which I don't get. You are in the state now being most hit by Covid and you are fine with the guy telling you to eat shit and just live through it?

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I wonder if some of the increases in Trump votes was pandemic fatigue, meaning people are just tired of lockdowns and worrying. They'd rather say fuck it and just let the chips fall where they may. Granted, if it hits their family, it will be someone else's fault. 

I think that absolutely had some effect

Yeah, I've wondered that too, along with thinking that the resurgence of COVID in Europe has maybe made trump's non-plan for fighting it look a little less bad by comparison.

3 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

One day the Rs won't be able to win with a platform that caters exclusively to old white boomers and uneducated bigots.

First step for Democrats is to stop using this "excuse" and self-reflect. There are votes to be won from the Rs and they need to work on winning them.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Yeah, as an arch Anglophile this pains me to say, but the UK is equally as idiotic. Scotland still ok.

I'm angling Switzerland still in Lugano area.

We are looking at Spain and will have nothing to do with local politics. As long as I can eat jamon iberico, drink rioja wine, and travel around Europe, I don't give a rat's ass about elections and such. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dirk X West said:

Yeah, I've wondered that too, along with thinking that the resurgence of COVID in Europe has maybe made trump's non-plan for fighting it look a little less bad by comparison.

I think this was a factor, as well.  Hell, we had held the EU up as the gold standard of how we should've responded and they ended up in worse shape than the US as we approached the election. 

Which I don't get. You are in the state now being most hit by Covid and you are fine with the guy telling you to eat shit and just live through it?

Well, if the choice is have a job and risk it or SHUT DOWN, plenty of people are going to want to risk it.

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Trump up by around 120K in Georgia, but DeKalb County still has 20% to count and Biden is winning 3 or 4 to 1. This is gonna be close.

If you’re a Biden supporter that doesn’t matter much. Icing on the cake, yes. But watch Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin, and Michigan. That is a clear road to victory currently. It would also make Georgia, NC, and Pennsylvania irrelevant.