2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Biden’s got it. While this “slow motion” vote counting has been painful, I truly do love the thought of just how much pain and suffering it’s causing Trump. 

Watching him try and deal with the fact that voters are directly targeting him is immensely enjoyable. Keep flailing Donny boy, keep flailing. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Judge Sullivan keeping his eye on that fuckface DeJoy and his postal fuckeration

spacer.png

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-post-office-ballots/u-s-postal-service-says-1700-ballots-found-in-pennsylvania-facilities-idUSKBN27M0LC

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) said about 1,700 ballots had been identified in Pennsylvania at processing facilities during two sweeps Thursday and were being delivered to election officials.

In a court filing early Friday, USPS said 1,076 ballots, had been found at the USPS Philadelphia Processing and Distribution Center. About 300 were found at the Pittsburgh processing center, 266 at a Lehigh Valley facility and others found at other Pennsylvania processing centers.

Ballots must be received by Friday evening in Pennsylvania in order to be counted. The vote for the U.S. president remains extremely close and Pennsylvania is one of the states that remains undecided.

About 500 ballots were also discovered in North Carolina during sweeps, USPS said on Friday.

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan on Thursday had ordered twice daily sweeps at USPS facilities serving states with extended ballot receipt deadlines as votes were still being counted in U.S. election battleground states.

Hmmm.  That's the same judge that presided of the Flynn trial?  

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

Biden’s got it. While this “slow motion” vote counting has been painful, I truly do love the thought of just how much pain and suffering it’s causing Trump. 

Watching him try and deal with the fact that voters are directly targeting him is immensely enjoyable. Keep flailing Donny boy, keep flailing. 

That's what that stupid reality TV "star" gets for focusing on the optics of giving the illusion of an early lead. That motherfucker, for his entire life, has been all about the sizzle and none about the steak.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So all bullshit aside, does Trump win this election if there was no global pandemic? I feel like his handling of covid actually flipped a lot more republicans than he realized. I saw more “Arizona republicans for Biden” signs around here than I saw “Biden/Harris” signs. 

The few Republicans I know that didn’t vote for him just couldn’t stand him anymore. Fatigue. They were exhausted of the daily barrage of “him”. But, yep, no COVID and he beats Joe. 

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'm about to go pick up a buddy and play golf this morning. When the official call is made (probably when we're on the 2nd or 3rd whole) our whole foursome is gonna crack open a cold one, toast our country, and tell Trump to go fuck his own face.

a bud in Houston is as anti-trump as most of us.  He's playing at his CC today w/ 3 trumpkins.  He said if it gets called he's giving them all a big round off u middle finger GIF by Midland

• Like 1

I'm starting to think there's not much emphasis placed on critical thinking skills at the Louisiana State University.  

Not all flagships are created equal, I guess. 

Speaking of ships, one dumbass on there at least noted that it's not a conspiracy by Republicans to help defeat Trump, they just don't want to attach themselves to the sinking ship that is Trump right now.  Perfectly reasonable human nature. 

Edited by Lobo

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-national-security-officials-horrified-by-his-election-lies?ref=home?ref=home

Even members of President Donald Trump’s own national security team are worried about the misleading information he’s pushing about the vote count. And they’re increasingly concerned that the president will not respect the final results.

Top national security officials say they have spent the days since the election tracking disinformation about the vote count, including Team Trump’s efforts to erode trust in the ballot tallying and reporting process. Despite working with the big social media companies to flag some of those falsities, officials say there is little they can do to prevent the president’s team from propagating disinformation in public—from Twitter to nationally televised press conferences. With increasingly flagrant efforts by Trump to cast doubt on the vote tallies, officials are preparing for how to handle a situation in which the race is officially called for Joe Biden—and Trump refuses to concede.

He’s already insisted multiple times that he’s the real winner of the election, and that many of Biden’s ballots are “illegal.” The consequences of such behavior will increase exponentially if Trump disputes the official result, officials say.

One senior official said they are “clear-eyed” about that possibility. “Based on what we saw today on Twitter and elsewhere… there’s a chance that things get even worse and we have to be prepared,” that official said.

Spoiler

If that happens, according to two officials familiar with the matter, one of the options would be to have the FBI or the Department of Homeland Security make a public statement reaffirming the integrity of the results of the vote. Officials said there is no such plan currently in place but officials have discussed the possibility.

“What’s happened here in the election is that people are standing up for integrity of the vote. The public seems to be assured enough that the legitimate ballots are being counted. The result will be what the result is,” said Dan Coats, the former director of national intelligence under Trump. “Candidates can say whatever they want to say but in the end it’s the facts that matter. The winner wins and the loser hopefully understands that with grace and accepts the loss.”

National security and intelligence officials have for months warned that the most serious disinformation threat to the election was domestic, not foreign. But the fact that officials are contingency planning for President Trump ignoring or fighting back against the final results of the 2020 presidential elections highlights the extent to which his own administration is concerned about his attempts to mislead the country.

On Thursday evening from the podium in the White House briefing room, the president told the American people that he had won the election, “if you count the legal votes.” That, of course, is misleading for several different reasons. For starters, the president is asserting, without any evidence, that illegal ballots have been cast. The president also claimed that “big media, big money, big tech” had conspired to “rig” the election against him, in part by putting out overly optimistic polls for Biden. Also untrue. The president’s nonsensical rant followed two days of him falsely claiming on Twitter victory in states that are still counting ballots. Twitter has flagged nine of the president’s tweets as misleading in recent days.

Asked for comment Tim Murtaugh, director of communications for the Trump campaign, said, “Silicon Valley’s mission to censor the President of the United States continues.”

Certain there were no foreign attacks on the election infrastructure, national security officials focused in the last several days on working closely with social media companies such as Twitter and Facebook to clamp down on domestic disinformation. The majority of that disinformation, they said, stemmed from Team Trump’s attempts to delegitimize the vote as tallies trickled in from states such as Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania. Despite efforts to block misleading Trump content, the president and his team continue to push forward with a campaign aimed at eroding trust not just in the ballot counting and reporting systems but in the entire electoral process.

“Through huge effort and great resolve, we as a nation rebuffed the known efforts of foreign adversaries who would seek to undermine our system and advance their own interests,” said Sue Gordon, former deputy director of national intelligence. “The fact that our own leaders are sowing distrust in the system, and, worse, suggesting malfeasance, dishonors the work done to make the election happen as it did, and creates a new opening for malign actors to achieve their aims.”

On Thursday, Team Trump made a mad-dash, erratic and disjointed attempt to save the president from defeat, with advisers appearing on various conservative television networks telling viewers that the election was rigged; that massive amounts of Biden votes have shown up randomly in “sacks”; and that state election officials have disallowed Trump representatives from overseeing the vote counting process.

Trump has also dispatched his lawyers, including Rudy Giuliani, to Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Nevada to file lawsuits that question the legality of the votes cast. At time of publication, Biden was gaining more votes than Trump was in Georgia, Nevada, and Pennsylvania. With the counting over in Michigan, Biden emerged on top.

The lawsuits vary in allegations and do not call for the same fix. In some states Team Trump is calling for vote counting to stop, while in other states Trump representatives are pushing states to continue counting every last vote. Asked about the Trump campaign's assertion that ballots in Pennsylvania were somehow invalid, state Attorney General Josh Shapiro told CNN’s Erin Burnett that there is “no legitimacy to those comments.” 

“We’re following the law here in Pennsylvania. We’re counting these legal votes. We are not going to get into any back-and-forth on the rhetoric or the politics. We will respect the will of the people of Pennsylvania,” he said.

In Nevada on Thursday, Ric Grenell, who briefly succeeded Coats as director of national intelligence, appeared with other Trump campaign officials to announce the filing of a lawsuit. “We believe that there are dead voters that have been counted,” he said, without providing a single piece of evidence to back up his assertion. After allegations of widespread voter fraud, officials in County Clark, Nevada, where Las Vegas is situated, said they only found one instance of fraud—a Trump supporter who tried to vote twice.

Beyond the lawsuits, Trump and his advisers have launched a massive campaign to challenge the entire electoral system, alleging that it is rigged and set up to favor Democrats. Trump has tweeted phrases throughout the day like “STOP THE FRAUD!” and “ANY VOTE THAT CAME IN AFTER ELECTION DAY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!”

And his son, Donald Trump Jr., followed along, posting on Twitter that there was voter fraud in Michigan, Nevada, Wisconsin, and Georgia with the hashtag #stopthesteal. As previously reported by The Daily Beast, a Facebook page titled “Stop the Steal” racked up hundreds of thousands of followers on Wednesday. It included members involved in previous Republican campaigns. Administrators include two Breitbart alumni who participated in a border wall scheme that led to federal charges

Twitter labeled all of those posts as misleading.

Since 2016, national security and law enforcement companies have worked much closer with social media companies to combat disinformation than in previous election cycles. In the run-up to the presidential election, FBI officials tipped off Twitter and Facebook to the presence of Iranian and Russian government-backed fake accounts and news platforms attempting to influence public opinion around the presidential election.

Both Twitter and Facebook have policies that allow election misinformation by candidates for office to remain on their platform on public interest grounds. Where the companies differ is in how they label misinformation from candidates.

“Due to the abdication of responsibility of those in power to create systemic change to our information ecosystem, we're playing a similar hand to that which was played in 2016, although labeling misinformation allows us to play that hand slightly better and is a good move by Twitter, and Facebook appears to be following suit,” Lisa Kaplan, the founder of the disinformation tracking firm Alethea Group says. “Given where we are, labeling is the responsible thing to do.”

Twitter updated its policies in advance of the election to add a disclaimer to the bottom of premature victory claims that warns: “Official sources may not have called the race when this was Tweeted."

But for posts that include misinformation about the voting process itself, the company has gone further and actively hidden tweets under a warning that “Some or all of the content” included may be misinformation. Social media users have to click through the warning first in order to see the underlying content.

Facebook has used a much lighter visual touch when labeling election misinformation from candidates on their platform. Instead of actively hiding offending posts from candidates, the platform allows them to remain immediately visible but attaches labels to the bottom of the post with claims from independent fact-checkers that tell visitors: “Election officials follow strict rules when it comes to ballot counting, handling and reporting.”

“Both systems ignore the fundamental problem of President Trump’s messaging on social media—it’s designed to confirm some people’s belief and the warning won’t stop this confirmation bias,” Clint Watts, and consultant and expert on disinformation told The Daily Beast. But between the two systems, Watts sees Twitter’s approach as “more effective.”

“Twitter’s warning prioritizes the warning over the content, whereas Facebook prioritizes the content over the warning,” he said.

Officials say they are concerned about what the next several days will bring in the way of disinformation efforts by Team Trump and its supporters.

While no large-scale protests have taken place since Election Night, national security officials said they are tracking the small gatherings at vote processing centers across the country where Trump supporters, some armed with guns, are demanding vote counting stop.

“As we work through the last vote, I urge intelligence and law enforcement officials to execute their independent, apolitical efforts and our political leaders to urge calm and voice confidence in the systems that are the model for free and open societies,” Gordon said.

Just now, G650 said:

You're goddamn right the common man has lost. Bitch.

I mean the common man has been losing outright since the 1970's, but the R strategy has been "keep pumping their little heads with big tales about how they're winning bigly." It's been working since Reagan and life for them hasn't been easier since then.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'm about to go pick up a buddy and play golf this morning. When the official call is made (probably when we're on the 2nd or 3rd whole) our whole foursome is gonna crack open a cold one, toast our country, and tell Trump to go fuck his own face.

Fine and dandy but you know Trump could fuck shit up in the courts?

Just now, closetohumping said:

Have you been paying attention to how badly that's gone for him so far? All that piece of shit has been able to do is get an order in Philly to "allow monitors," which I'm pretty sure they were already doing. Just because you bring a lawsuit doesn't mean you'll win it, and if you look at his history you'll notice he has a piss poor record on lawsuits. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Nah, just the fringe. Everyone else likely understands how mail works.

Damn, that's some A+ material.

I'll have a #3 and try to keep your tears out of my coffee please.

I'm stealing that one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

That avenue isn’t looking good for him. He didn’t even both trying to put a legal team together until Wednesday and the morons he has assembled haven’t been able to come up with any cognizable legal claims. Their filings are shit that would get you laughed out of 1L and some of them might end up getting sanctioned because they’re lying to courts about easily-verifiable facts.

Their plan was always to use the confusion of a slow count to steal this in the courts,  but it really seems like they thought the Supreme Court could just waive a magic wand. For people so invested in the idea that perception is all that matters, it’s wild that they didn’t do any of the necessary legwork to create the perception of a legitimate judicial intervention.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

That and the fact that if he had handled the pandemic better, he wouldn’t be in this drawn out situation.

So all bullshit aside, does Trump win this election if there was no global pandemic? I feel like his handling of covid actually flipped a lot more republicans than he realized. I saw more “Arizona republicans for Biden” signs around here than I saw “Biden/Harris” signs. 

Since white males are the only demographic that turned on Trump I’m going to say not COVID but his behavior. We’ve all dealt with ‘that guy’ in school and later at work and we voted him out.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Have you been paying attention to how badly that's gone for him so far? All that piece of shit has been able to do is get an order in Philly to "allow monitors," which I'm pretty sure they were already doing. Just because you bring a lawsuit doesn't mean you'll win it, and if you look at his history you'll notice he has a piss poor record on lawsuits. 

I heard the only thing they did was allow the monitors to get closer than 20 feet. The court changed it to six feet.

By the way, I also heard that the vote counting, at least some of them, are being livestreamed.

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

PA hadn't updated since 12:30, but just did a small one. Lead now 18,047. It will flip today and not look back. Georgia might go back and forth. 

GA will only go one way. Even the conservative counties were basically 50/50

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Nah, just the fringe. Everyone else likely understands how mail works.

Damn, that's some A+ material.

Poster #1: My daughter at Tulane has a Bernie sticker on her car and my overeducated idiot sons are all in for Biden.

Poster #2: Thats on you for sending her to Jewlane. Sounds like you’ve failed as a father all around. Three liberal loons.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/my-college-student-just-texted-me-a-projected-electoral-map-/92856660/

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That avenue isn’t looking good for him. He didn’t even both trying to put a legal team together until Wednesday and the morons he has assembled haven’t been able to come up with any cognizable legal claims. Their filings are shit that would get you laughed out of 1L and some of them might end up getting sanctioned because they’re lying to courts about easily-verifiable facts.

Their plan was always to use the confusion of a slow count to steal this in the courts,  but it really seems like they thought the Supreme Court could just waive a magic wand. For people so invested in the idea that perception is all that matters, it’s wild that they didn’t do any of the necessary legwork to create the perception of a legitimate judicial intervention.

And like I said earlier in the thread yesterday, the SCOTUS still has a modicum of decorum and respect for the institutions that ultimately landed them there. A judicial appointment does not include within it an obligation to bend the knee to Orange Joffrey, and they likely won't even hear the case much less would they be even able to do anything to ultimately overturn the overall result of the EC. This is where people have to learn that in the court of law, facts overwhelmingly dominate feelings and fantasy usually gets dwarfed by reality (Kitzmiller vs. Dover outside should have told you). If the Republicans weren't so hostile to critical thinking, they would understand that already. 

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Poster #1: My daughter at Tulane has a Bernie sticker on her car and my overeducated idiot sons are all in for Biden.

Poster #2: Thats on you for sending her to Jewlane. Sounds like you’ve failed as a father all around. Three liberal loons.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/my-college-student-just-texted-me-a-projected-electoral-map-/92856660/

Those overeducated idiots are just so dumb!

4 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I heard the only thing they did was allow the monitors to get closer than 20 feet. The court changed it to six feet.

By the way, I also heard that the vote counting, at least some of them, are being livestreamed.

I'm not too familiar with the finer details of the case as I only saw a very brief article, but if you're correct it would not surprise me...at all. Would love it if one of our resident law nerds would chime in.

Edited by hpslugga

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If only they had aborted the children who grew up to be blue *wistful sigh*

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Didn't someone make a post a couple of weeks ago showing that teh Donald's legal team had donated more in political contributions to Biden than their own guy?