Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

"I just ask you to go out and make sure all of your people vote. Because if they don't -- it's November 6 -- if they don't vote, we're going to have a miserable two years and we're going to have, frankly, a very hard period of time," he said.  "You're one election away from losing everything that you've gotten," he added. "Little thing: Merry Christmas, right? You couldn't say 'Merry Christmas.' "
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/28/politics/trump-evangelicals-midterms/index.html

What's more frightening: the fact that the sitting POTUS would really claim that 'Merry Christmas' had apparently been outlawed & he somehow made it legal again to say, or the millions of fucking voters who will believe this bullshit & cast their ballot purely on this non-issue?

Well I mean one time somebody said Merry Christmas to me and I shoved a 2019 Starbucks Holiday Cup, which features two homosexuals committing sodomy on a burning American flag, down his throat and laughed as he choked to death so evangelicals really have to be careful out there.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Welp, if there’s one good thing that comes out of this nonsense at least I don’t have to feel guilty about not being overly religious and skipping church anymore. So there’s that at least.

It shouldn't have taken a Trump presidency to get you there. 

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Because you were afraid of stubbing your toe, you chose to amputate your foot. Real smart. 

A Hillary presidency would've been a lot like her husband's presidency without the marital infidelity. If you didn't vote for Hillary then you voted for Trump, the worst human being to run for president in the history of the U.S. You have the blood of Americans in Puerto Rico on your hands. Children have been taken from their parents, some of whom may never see them again, because you didn't have the maturity to vote for the better of two options.

I don't understand that level of hate for Hillary, especially compared to Trump, but I'd be surprised if it didn't include the belief in at least one false allegation leveled against her over the years. Like Uranium One. Or that they had Vince Foster killed. Or that she could've prevented Benghazi. Surely you didn't fall for pizzagate. 

I didn’t vote for either and I have no guilt about it.

Again, if either party wants me to vote for their candidate, get better candidates.

Done with you on this.

• Like 1

So a communist foreign power and economic rival, China, hacked into the emails of the US Secretary of State. 

Trump was presented with three options:

1. Handle it privately with the appropriate intelligence and state officials
  2. Publicly call out China on this
  3. Don't publicly call out China, and instead publicly call out the FBI

Let’s go with option #3

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I didn’t vote for either and I have no guilt about it.

Again, if either party wants me to vote for their candidate, get better candidates.

Done with you on this.

'Because I don't like your candidate, I'm going to help get a much worse candidate elected.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You have the blood of Americans in Puerto Rico on your hands. 

How do you figure? I was told the handling of Maria in Puerto Rico was a success. It wasn't even a real catastrophe.... 

“If you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here with, really, a storm that was just totally overpowering — nobody has ever seen anything like this,” Trump said. “Sixteen versus literally thousands of people. You can be very proud. Everybody around this table and everybody watching can really be very proud of what’s taken place in Puerto Rico.”

Two weeks later, Trump was asked in the Oval Office how he would rate the administration’s response to the storm on a scale of 1 to 10.

“I’d say it was a 10,” Trump said. “I’d say it was probably the most difficult when you talk about relief, when you talk about search, when you talk about all of the different levels, and even when you talk about lives saved.”

• Like 2

That might be Melanie.  But Trump will never be Oliver Wendell Douglas.  He actually knew what being an American stood for.

Oliver Wendell Douglass was a P-38 pilot who was shot down and landed in the pretty Hungarian girl’s barn. So of course cadet bone spurs wouldn’t make that cut.

I just realized that Channel 39 ran A LOT of Green Acres and Hogan’s Heroes reruns in the summer...

Putin is not going to be happy about this:

Members of Eastern European Organized Crime Syndicate Convicted Of Racketeering and Other Violent Crimes

Defendants’ Crimes Included Setting Fire to a Sheepshead Bay Building Where a Rival Gambling Parlor Operated on the Ground Floor, Trapping Residents on the Floors Above 

Earlier today, following more than three weeks of trial, a federal jury in Brooklyn returned guilty verdicts against Leonid “Lenny” Gershman and Aleksey Tsvetkov on charges of racketeering, including predicate acts of illegal gambling, loansharking, extortion, arson and marijuana distribution.  The charges arose out of the defendants’ membership in an Eastern European organized crime syndicate that operated predominantly in the Sheepshead Bay, Brighton Beach and Coney Island neighborhoods in Brooklyn.  Gershman was also convicted of conspiring to traffick firearms, and Tsvetkov of wire fraud for an insurance scheme at Aces Auto Bodyshop, which he co-owned.  When sentenced by United States District Court Judge Brian M. Cogan, the defendants each face up to life in prison.

Richard P. Donoghue, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, James J. Hunt, Special Agent-in-Charge, Drug Enforcement Administration, New York Division (DEA), and James D. Robnett, Special Agent-in-Charge, Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation, New York (IRS-CI), announced the verdicts.

“Today’s verdicts hold Gershman and Tsvetkov responsible for years of using intimidation, violence and their association with Russian organized crime to inflict crimes on our local communities, including carrying out beatings in broad daylight and committing arson in the dead of night, endangering the lives of tenants and New York City firefighters,” stated United States Attorney Donoghue. “This Office and our partners on the DEA Strike Force have dismantled the defendants’ criminal syndicate and will continue to work tirelessly to prevent organized crime elements from flourishing in the Eastern District of New York at the expense of our residents.”  Mr. Donoghue expressed his grateful appreciation to the DEA’s New York Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Strike Force, which is comprised of agents and officers of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, New York, the New York City Police Department, and the New York State Police for their roles in the investigation. Mr. Donoghue also thanked the New York City Fire Department for its investigation of the arson and its heroic efforts in rescuing residents who were trapped in the building.

“This investigation and trial illuminated clues that solved international and domestic crimes committed by members of an Eastern European organized crime syndicate operating in Brooklyn, NY,” stated DEA Special Agent-in-Charge Hunt.  “Gershman and Tsvetkov relied on their associates in Russian organized crime known as “Thieves in Law” for some of their criminal acts, which included violence.  The Strike Force and the Eastern District of New York should be commended for their professionalism that resulted in today’s convictions.”    

“Today’s conviction is a decisive blow against this transnational organized crime syndicate,” stated IRS-CI Special Agent-in-Charge Robnett.  “IRS-CI is committed, with our OCDETF partners, to disrupt the flow of ill-gotten gains that is the life-blood for these criminals and unravel their complex networks.”

As proven at trial, between 2011 and May 2017, Gershman and Tsvetkov, together with co-conspirators from states of the former Soviet Union, operated as a racketeering enterprise, committing a host of crimes to enrich themselves.  Members of the criminal syndicate were linked to high-level members of Russian organized crime known as “thieves in law.”  The “Thieves” authorized syndicate members to use violence to protect their criminal activities. 

Beginning in 2016, the defendants partnered in an illegal high-stakes poker game on Coney Island Avenue.  The Coney Island poker spot, where the bets wagered on a given night could exceed $800,000, generated substantial illicit profits for the defendants’ criminal syndicate.  In the spring of 2016 the defendants and other syndicate members agreed to eliminate a competing poker spot by having two co-conspirators, both of whom testified at trial, set fire to a residential building on Voorhies Avenue where the rival game took place on the ground floor.  Two residents of the building, including a young boy, were trapped in their apartment by the resulting fire and had to be rescued by firefighters.  Both residents and firefighters suffered smoke inhalation, and one firefighter’s injuries required surgeries. 

Additionally, the defendants’ criminal syndicate preyed upon numerous extortion victims in the Eastern District of New York and elsewhere.  For example, as the evidence at trial proved, Gershman enlisted the help of “Thieves” in Russia who tracked down the father of an extortion victim in Moscow in order to determine where his son, who owed the syndicate more than $40,000, was living.  After locating the victim, Gershman was recorded on a wiretap stating, the “Thieves have found him . . . in Israel,” and “they were at [his] place today.”  As another example, Tsvetkov attacked a victim outside Aces Auto Bodyshop.  The assault was captured on Aces’ surveillance video, and showed Tsvetkov punching the victim in the face, and continuing to attack him in the middle of the street as the victim lay on the ground.  After the videotaped beating, which Tsvetkov saved to his cell phone, he boasted to a co-conspirator about putting the victim “to sleep.”  Gershman and Tsvetkov were convicted of pistol-whipping an individual they suspected to have stolen marijuana from their stash house, shattering his teeth with the firearm.

The government’s case is being handled by the Office’s Organized Crime and Gangs Section.  Assistant United States Attorneys Matthew J. Jacobs, Andrey Spektor and Sarah Evans are in charge of the prosecution.

“It is highly unusual, to say the least, for an American lawyer to write the president of a foreign nation to offer advice on that nation’s anticorruption efforts, [but] to do so without identifying the client or clients on whose behalf he is writing is astonishing,” Jeffress said.

“The only conclusion I can reach is that whoever put him up to this (and paid him) believes he will have influence because, and only because, he is the president’s lawyer.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Re the left will get violent if Rs lose the midterms.  Does this make sense even in Trump’s tiny brain?  If the left wins, the left will get violent?  

It actually really worries me because it means he's telegraphing that he expects violence by the right should the right maintain power in November.  

13 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

It actually really worries me because it means he's telegraphing that he expects violence by the right should the right maintain power in November.  

Exactly.  It's two fold.  He's using fear as one last gasp at trying to keep congress fully in R control and if they lose, he's inciting the R populace to violence in response.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

And again, not a single person on his side will point out the overwhelming blatant hypocrisy.  

Of course not.

Instead, they will apply one standard (don't use anonymous sources!) to every other person and media source in the world.....and will simultaneously take as gospel truth every single thing Cheeto Benito says/tweets based on anonymous sources, because the consistent track record of double standards tells us so.

This is what a post-truth, post-fact society looks like.  Enjoy.

30 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Oh, this is also telling.  McGahn is the guy counseling him that pardoning Manafort, firing Sessions, and firing Mueller would at least be a bad idea politically, if not flat-out opening a can of worms legally.  DOTUS has been going around McGahn (because he's not telling him what he wants to hear), and asking the same questions of Giuliani and Sekulow, his PERSONAL attorneys.  Who are of course telling him "Sure, Donnie!  Do whatever you want!  You're the king now!"

When McGahn is gone....Manafort is pardoned, Sessions and Mueller are fired.....and the GOP goes along with it.  All of it.