Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

28 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Who's sock is this?  8 posts, signed up Tuesday night.

I'm told he's the evil spawn of cajunhorn, but who knows?

Most likely a Russian of some kind though.

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just so you know, don't try and bait anyone into attacking you. Folks have been found guilty of manslaughter for similar behavior. I only say this because I genuinely don't think you know any better and I'm pretty sure you don't intrinsically value human life.

Bait whom exactly? I was responding to a post mentioning this particular group coming to my home and putting my family at risk. I certainly value life, I just value my family’s lives more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjhooker said:

that's nonsense.  I have looked at the few other posters who dare to post counter thought and they get very similar reactions and responses.  it is not a me thing as you say.  I enjoy political discourse and debate.  When it spirals into name calling it really no longer is discourse or debate.  

Obviously, you support it so please continue on.  

soy boy

11 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Bait whom exactly? I was responding to a post mentioning this particular group coming to my home and putting my family at risk. I certainly value life, I just value my family’s lives more. 

Well, just you saying "I hope they're keenly aware of the castle doctrine" indicates (to me, at least) that you intend to fire on them for any perceived infraction, which is legally jeopardizing to say. Especially since people have been found guilty of murder while exercising the castle doctrine based on previously stating an intention to cause harm. And the jury found him guilty of intentional homicide.

Just trying to help out a stranger on the internet if they went to court and discovered that their shitposting is admissible in court. Just ask BlackLab how that can go.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

You're right, gently bringing his right hand down onto the forearm of the intern who walked up into his space and started trying to literally take the mic out of his hand is a capital offense. Did he touch her? Yes, because she reached out and touched him first. He did not strike her. He did not even use force. He wasn't even rude about it. And this is the hill you choose to die on? Would you rather he have grabbed her by the pussy?

Also, still waiting on evidence of your antifa claims. Tick tock.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mob-chants-threats-outside-tucker-carlsons-dc-home

https://www.resetera.com/threads/thr-fox-news-host-tucker-carlsons-home-targeted-by-anti-fascist-protesters.79627/

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well, just you saying "I hope they're keenly aware of the castle doctrine" indicates (to me, at least) that you intend to fire on them for any perceived infraction. Especially since people have been found guilty of murder while exercising the castle doctrine based on previously stating an intention to cause harm. And the jury found him guilty of intentional homicide.

Just trying to help out a stranger on the internet if they went to court and discovered their shitposting is admissible in court. Just ask BlackLab how that can go.

That indicates to you that I would fire for any perceived infraction? Really? Or was it a statement that if any unruly mob were to set their sights on my home and family, completely unprovoked, that they better understand the Castle Doctrine? Which, of course, requires one of these knuckleheads to forcibly enter my residence. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

It's actually not CNN's job to condemn or approve anything. They're a news organization. They should just report the news outside of clearly identified opinion programming.

Maybe you should look for such an organization to inform yourself and make your own opinions.

Tucker is a lowlife, but no person should be made afraid in their own home or anywhere else.

This "mob," however, is not the same as the President of the United States calling members of the press enemies of the state. It's not the same as a synagogue attack. It's not the same as sending pipe bombs.

But enjoy that little victory in your little mind.

They should, but they don't.  Also Trump hasn't called members of the press enemies of the state.  He has called them enemies of the American people, not the American government (even though in their current form they are).

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Didn't want to CR the Daily Texan thread and didn't want to start a new thread here. 

This is a bad take. Trump rescinded an Obama-era EO that in addition to requiring gun checks for the mentally ill, also arbitrarily decided folks on social security who use a financial planner are mentally ill, setting a precedent for non-medical adjudications of mental illness. There's PLENTY to criticize trump over, but rescinding that EO is not one of them.

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

They should, but they don't.  Also Trump hasn't called members of the press enemies of the state.  He has called them enemies of the American people, not the American government (even though in their current form they are).

Are you familiar with the expression "government of the people, by the people"? So logically, if something is an enemy of the people it is intrinsically an enemy of the state?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

That’s the distinction you’re going with? 

Troll on. Not gonna bother. 

3 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

I am now eagerly awaiting CNN's condemnation of the Antifa group trying to break into Tucker Carlson's home and giving his home address out on Twitter as an attack on the free press.  Should I make some popcorn?  Maybe buy a book of crossword puzzles to work on while I wait?

There's a full write-up of everything you just mentioned on cnn.com right now.

And why should CNN devote any airtime to defending Tucker Carlson when his entire career is about attacking and demeaning members of the legitimate press?

Antifa is a bunch of terrorists and CNN has spent plenty of time saying so.  They did a full special about it.

So basically, you're an idiot again.

Lol I found the article for ya boi 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/media/tucker-carlson-protestors/index.html

Figures on the left and right quickly denounced the Antifa group's action. Former Fox host Megyn Kelly tweeted: "This has to stop... He does not deserve this. His family does not deserve this. It's stomach-turning."
"This is not okay," CNN host SE Cupp wrote. "By the political left, the political right or the deranged. Don't do this."
"Late Show" host Stephen Colbert weighed in as well, saying "Fighting Tucker Carlson's ideas is an American right. Targeting his home and terrorizing his family is an act of monstrous cowardice. Obviously don't do this, but also, take no pleasure in it happening. Feeding monsters just makes more monsters."
One of the leaders of Media Matters, a liberal media monitoring group that opposes Fox, also condemned the incident.
"This behavior is way over the line," senior fellow Matthew Gertz tweeted. "Going to someone's home, breaking their door, and terrorizing their family is unacceptable. It's also extremely counterproductive if your interest is actually in reducing his influence."
Max Boot, a conservative columnist and CNN commentator, said he agreed with Gertz.
"I think Tucker is a terrible influence on modern America but that doesn't justify harassing him at home," Boot tweeted. "Go high, not low."

Go figure they're talking about the the day's mass shooting and trump banning one of their reporters and trying to gin up false accusations against their reporter instead of poor ol tucky carly, right?

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

I am now eagerly awaiting CNN's condemnation of the Antifa group trying to break into Tucker Carlson's home and giving his home address out on Twitter as an attack on the free press.  Should I make some popcorn?  Maybe buy a book of crossword puzzles to work on while I wait?

Go fuck yourself

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This is a bad take. Trump rescinded an Obama-era EO that in addition to requiring gun checks for the mentally ill, also arbitrarily decided folks on social security who use a financial planner are mentally ill, setting a precedent for non-medical adjudications of mental illness. There's PLENTY to criticize trump over, but rescinding that EO is not one of them.

Are you familiar with the expression "government of the people, by the people"? So logically, if something is an enemy of the people it is intrinsically an enemy of the state?

Social Security DISABILITY.  People that draw disability and cannot manage their own finances.  Armybrat would have been able to buy guns as usual. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Captainant said:

LOL.... that's not remotely true and a horrible contortion of the truth.  You have no idea WTF you're talking about.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Let's also not forget what Trump said about vets with PTSD just a couple days ago.

Link? I’d love to send this to this guy I went to high school with who is in the army and isn’t a trump supporter but is a trump supporter. He also says he’s tired of losing fellow soldiers. 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

LOL.... that's not remotely true and a horrible contortion of the truth.  You have no idea WTF you're talking about.

That very may well be true, a lot has happened since then and I may be mis-remembering. Didn't mean to derail the thread, but id be happy to continue discussion in the gun control thread

57 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Didn't want to CR the Daily Texan thread and didn't want to start a new thread here. 

That's considered CR'ing up the DailyTexan forum?  That's really sad.  It's fucking retarded regardless of party and we should all agree and condemn the move.  But here we are.  Fucking pathetic. 

54 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

The point is that you seem to want CNN to make a statement about the Tucker story. That's not their job.

Arguing that they can be biased is a different subject. The subject here is that you expect a news station to do something news stations are not supposed to do. It says more about you than CNN>

Your enemies of the American people position doesn't really make much of a distinction. A government person calling someone or something an enemy of the people is a statement by the state.

But you're not worth the time to spend anymore thought on.

• Like 1

Buncha fucking soyboys upset that the press secretary of the united states is spreading doctored video to falsely accuse a journalist of assault. Snowflake soyboys. He's the president, he can do what he wants! Lock him up! He committed assault! I seen it on video!

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

So you disagree with the idea that a news organization SHOULD do that?

No, I disagree with the idea that CNN is in any way a News organization.

They are an opinion organization with some news sprinkled in when it advances their narrative.

Fox is no different, btw.  They're all pretenders and not very good ones at that.

The post I responded to with amusement in no way, shape, or form addressed what a news organization "should" do.  It bald faced claimed that CNN was all things pure and true in the News business.  I mean, it's interesting that the questioning revolves around my response rather that the ludicrous nature of what I was responding to.  Speaks volumes really.

T

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Link? I’d love to send this to this guy I went to high school with who is in the army and isn’t a trump supporter but is a trump supporter. He also says he’s tired of losing fellow soldiers. 

Unfortunately, I may have heard/seen a rehashing of part of this quote from two years ago. I can't seem to find anything more recent. Mea culpa for possibly, but unintentionally, spreading FAKE NEWS!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/heres-what-donald-trump-said-about-veterans-and-ptsd/2016/10/03/ea00d21c-8996-11e6-8cdc-4fbb1973b506_video.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.aa6cda440d18

2 minutes ago, Cajun said:

They are an opinion organization with some news sprinkled in when it advances their narrative.

You have every right to your opinion, but man, you are way off base.  It's in the running for the most idiotic thing posted here this week.  Good job!

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's actually not CNN's job to condemn or approve anything. They're a news organization. They should just report the news outside of clearly identified opinion programming.

Maybe you should look for such an organization to inform yourself and make your own opinions.

Tucker is a lowlife, but no person should be made afraid in their own home or anywhere else.

This "mob," however, is not the same as the President of the United States calling members of the press enemies of the state. It's not the same as a synagogue attack. It's not the same as sending pipe bombs.

But enjoy that little victory in your little mind.

7 minutes ago, Cajun said:

No, I disagree with the idea that CNN is in any way a News organization.

Fox is no different, btw.  They're all pretenders and not very good ones at that.

The post I responded to with amusement in no way, shape, or form addressed what a news organization "should" do.  It bald faced claimed that CNN was all things pure and true in the News business.  I mean, it's interesting that the questioning revolves around my response rather that the ludicrous nature of what I was responding to.  Speaks volumes really.

T

This is what you quoted and now claim what he said. You're projecting an opinion on him that he did not state.

26 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Buncha fucking soyboys upset that the press secretary of the united states is spreading doctored video to falsely accuse a journalist of assault. Snowflake soyboys. He's the president, he can do what he wants! Lock him up! He committed assault! I seen it on video!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

And they weren't trying to break in. They are essentially protesting an opinion talk host. 

They broke the door? Also threats of violence?

If right wingers were outside of Don Lemons house chanting "we know where you sleep" how do you suspect that would be portrayed in the media?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/39444147/mob-chants-outside-foxs-tucker-carlsons-home-breaks-door

"Every night you spread fear into homes — we remind you that you are not safe either"

Edited by Zavala
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

They broke the door? 

Also, if right wingers were outside of Don Lemons house chanting "we know where you sleep" how do you suspect that would be portrayed in the media?

Where are you seeing they broke in the door? I'm having trouble finding any sort of news on this besides that it happened