Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

11 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I voted.  I re-upped for the ACLU.  I call my congress-critters.  I'm doing what I can do.

I feel like the guys who are most likely to do something about it, say, one Mr. Mueller, probably are as well. 

My patience is wearing thin.  Mueller better have a big fucking hammer to drop by this spring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

My patience is wearing thin.  Mueller better have a big fucking hammer to drop by this spring.

You want Pence?  Because it would be Pence...he suck too.

We are stuck with this shit show one way or another until at least January 20, 2021. 

11 minutes ago, sachick said:

WTF does Jared have to do with an embassy opening in Jerusalem? And did it really not occur anyone that the optics would look bad if your kid and her husband stand showing everyone the pretty new plaque with daddy's name on it while people are killed just around the corner?

Well he's Jewish and

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Yes, I want Pence, when the alternative is Trump.   Same as I voted for Hillary, because Trump is worse. 

I want Pence as POTUS over Trump too actually but what happens to Trump in the process?  It's not like he's going to disappear. 

56 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"Trump gripes that he needs better 'TV lawyers' to defend him on cable news and is impatient to halt the 'witch hunt' that he says undermines his legitimacy as president," according to the report. 

It must really suck to have someone or something always questioning the legitimacy of your presidency.

Trump Indonesia Project is part of the Lido City development in Jakarta and is the first to link the US president’s business interests to Beijing’s epic infrastructure plan.

So, WTF? He is doing  personal business with China to the tune of 500 million, makes an abrupt change  and remove sanctions from  one Chinese company that is a national security concern This isn't bribery either, right? How is he doing this in the middle of an investigation? Fuuck. He is so greedy, he doesn't care if this fucks us hard. Is this not Treason?

11 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Trump Indonesia Project is part of the Lido City development in Jakarta and is the first to link the US president’s business interests to Beijing’s epic infrastructure plan.

So, WTF? He is doing  personal business with China to the tune of 500 million, makes an abrupt change  and remove sanctions from  one Chinese company that is a national security concern This isn't bribery either, right? How is he doing this in the middle of an investigation? Fuuck. He is so greedy, he doesn't care if this fucks us hard. Is this not Treason?

Next stop Chi town, Lido put the money down, let 'em roll

He said one more job ought to get it, one last shot 'fore we quit it

One for the road

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s treacherous but not technically treason.

We have to be at war for treason.

Now the Russia thing, I actually consider treasonous because he was knowingly part of the attack.

knowingly part of the attack? My brain isn't working to figure out what you mean.

21 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/01/15/577326163/after-a-year-in-office-questions-about-trumps-foreign-deals-go-on-and-on

Just before Inauguration Day on Jan. 20 2017, Trump tried to tackle the issues by holding a press conference. He promised he'd sign no new foreign deals while in office.

In a show of good faith, he said he had just been offered a $2 billion deal to open a golf course in Dubai, "and I turned it down!"

47 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s treacherous but not technically treason.

We have to be at war for treason.

Now the Russia thing, I actually consider treasonous because he was knowingly part of the attack.

Do you mean the attack on Syria? Where he told the Russians where we were going to drop the bombs so they could move out of the way? What are you talking about...that is the only guess I've got.

41 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

knowingly part of the attack? My brain isn't working to figure out what you mean.

He knew Russia was behind the email hacking because the IC told him during the campaign briefings and it was widely reported.  Yet, he publicly protected Russia by saying it wasn’t them.  He intentionally misled the public and protected Russia the entire time while they carrried out a multi pronged assault on our democracy which included hacking into state voting systems, reaching out multiple times to Trump’s campaign staff, and a sophisticated subversive online shadow campaign for Trump which was described in great detail in the Mueller indictment.

The FBI warned Trump the Russians might be trying to infiltrate his campaign but Trump didn’t give a fuck. In fact, he welcomed their assistance and asked for it publicly.  Afterwards, they tried to conceal all their meetings and connections with Russia.  When that failed, they went after the very institutions and Americans that might hold them accountable by attacking the FBI and attempted to shut down the Russia investigation.

If Trump isn’t a treasonous traitor, what else could he have possibly done that would have made him one?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

On 5/13/2018 at 5:10 PM, Blotto said:

Why do I get the feeling that in return for the ZTE concession:

1.)China agrees to buy soybeans from the US again.

2.)Trump will cite China's willingness to cooperate as the reason he delays tariffs, and we"ll be right back to where we were 3 months ago.

3.)Trump will claim this as the greatest trade negotiation in history. Edited to add, House Republicans will nominate Trump for the Nobel Prize in economics, paving the path for the rare Nobel double-up.

4.) Drenched in semen from their euphoric circle jerk, the Trumptards will buy replacement  MAGA merchandise further enriching Trump  AND the Chinese sweatshops that churn out that shit.

Art of The Deal, motherfuckers!

On 5/13/2018 at 7:54 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

5) Maninblack will carry water

6) China Contributing $500 Million to Trump-Linked Project in Indonesia

Yep...not even trying to hide it

7 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

but you said we have to be at war for it to be treason...so this isn't treason either then. But I agree, he is a traitor and the ZTE decision is as treacherous because it compromises our cybersecurity.

If Trump helped the Japanese plan the attack on Pearl Harbor, would that be treason? We weren’t technically at war but the United States was under attack.

That’s how I view what Trump did with the Russians in 2016 except worse because he thinks it would be great if we could get along with Imperial Japan, circa 1942.

Definition of Treason: Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Spoiler

I can’t imagine that Glenn Greenwald is too pleased to see James Risen’s latest article for The Intercept. Risen not only does a brilliant job of concisely explaining the conclusive evidence that Russia was responsible for the 2015 and 2016 hacks of the Democratic Party, he goes farther and makes the case that Donald Trump is plausibly guilty of treason which carries a potential penalty of death. Risen notes that most people don’t want to “go there,” but he’s willing to discuss it.

In some ways, I wish he wasn’t. At least, I think it’s a distraction from the main content of his article.

Still, Risen made a better case for treason than I thought possible. I’ve written that idea off from the beginning based on the fairly simple idea that Russia (at least at the time the collusion allegedly took place) could not be considered an “enemy” of the United States in any legal sense. To be more precise, even if our country should have considered Russia an enemy, our relationship wasn’t treated that way in most respects.

But the more you consider this question the murkier it gets. America has gotten out of the habit of declaring war on its enemies. And this makes it harder to draw a bright line around which countries are our enemies and which countries are not. If we apply the standard that we must be engaged in active combat, that would prove problematic in cases where we’re fighting through proxies, which was the case for the entire Cold War. Or we could look at the situation in Syria where both Russia and the United States have combat forces, but sometimes they are working for a common purpose even if usually they are not.

Ultimately, I think the strongest case against the treason charge is that Trump openly questioned our current relationship with Russia during his run for president. This certainly aroused surprise, outrage, consternation and suspicion, but it wasn’t considered treasonous by the electorate, clearly. If the proof that we were enemies with Russia is that we had placed sanctions on them for annexing Crimea and making incursions into Eastern Ukraine, then the people’s selection of Trump, despite his clear skepticism about those sanctions and willingness to lift them, seems to undermine the case. Do people at the ballot box have a say in who our enemies are and what constitutes traitorous behavior? I think their opinions have to be weighed heavily, if not perhaps as completely decisive.

Defining Trump’s stated policies as treasonous would run a gigantic risk of suppressing free speech, especially if it relied on a retroactive perspective that wasn’t available or prevalent at the time.

But this is a chicken and egg problem, isn’t it?

Looking back, we know now that Russia was doing more than run-of-the-mill espionage. They were trying to change the outcome of a U.S. election and they committed crimes in the furtherance of that project. Whether people knew or acted like it or not at the time, it’s clear that Russia was our enemy in the period when collusion is suspected to have taken place.

So, the collusion question comes back to the fore.

Let me to try to clarify this with a hypothetical example. Let’s say that this country was surprised in some kind of Pearl Harbor-type attack by a country that we didn’t consider to be an enemy. If we found out later on that a group of Americans were knowledgeable about the preparations and staging for this attack and sought to benefit from it politically, then we probably would have no problem classifying them as traitors. In that case, it wouldn’t matter that many people had thought we should improve relations with this country or even that the people voted for a candidate advocating improved relations. Those people were operating with incomplete information, but the traitors were not.

This is why the case for treason is stronger than I originally thought before reading Risen’s piece. It really hinges on what individual actors in the Trump campaign, including Trump, knew about what Russia was doing. So, in that light, let’s look again at the email Rod Goldstone sent Donald Trump Jr. when he initiated contact to set up the June 9th, 2016 meeting in Trump Tower.

The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

This is a part of the puzzle. The most important thing that we know for certain is that Goldstone explicitly wrote that the meeting was to be part of the Russian’s government effort to support Donald Trump. Without question, the Trump campaign knew that Russia was trying to help them win.

Whether the Trump team thought of it or not, this was already a form of attack on our country. But it’s not the whole picture. The Russians did more than provide some unsavory material about Hillary Clinton and other Democratic operators. They committed crimes in order to obtain that information. They hacked U.S. voting software suppliers and tried (perhaps successfully in some cases) to gain access to the computers of state and local election officials. They spent money on political advertising. They worked overtime to influence public opinion through the use of trolls, bots, authors of fake news, and social media tricks to boost legitimate news unfavorable to Clinton.

It matters greatly whether or not Trump or members of his team were aware of some or most of these activities. Jill Stein may have been unaware of them when she agreed to let the state-run cable news channel RT host the Green Party presidential debate, but what if the Trump campaign was witting?

This is a different way of looking at the question of treason. It’s not whether or not Russia was an enemy so much as whether what they did can be considered an attack akin to Pearl Harbor. If the act of interference changed Russia into an enemy instead of just one country among several (like Iran, for example) with which we have major disagreements, then anyone who was in on what they did can be considered a traitor.

To be honest, I am not comfortable with this line of argument. Not only do I think it’s a distraction from getting to the bottom of what happened, but it touches too closely on free speech and honest disagreement. It reminds me a bit of the folks who had their careers negatively impacted or ruined because they had been premature anti-fascists when they took the anti-Franco side during the Spanish Civil War. In that case, anti-Soviet hardliners looked back in time to before World War II to argue that people had been too sympathetic to communists. Setting aside that prescience about the greater threat of fascism should have been rewarded rather than punished, it’s problematic to judge people for what they believed in one era when things fundamentally change later on. It’s not that I’d apply this defense to the Trump team if they were actually witting, but there were (and still are) plenty of people who think we should seek better relations with Russia and I don’t think they should be tainted with suspicion of treason.

In my view, even if a treason case can be made, it would be too messy and inevitably involve too much collateral damage. I don’t think anything is gained by going down a path that can lead to hysteria or McCarthyist purges. It would also escalate tensions with Russia in a way that might not be in our foreign policy interest, or tie future politicians’ hands who want to improve relations but feel that they cannot.

Yet, I have changed my mind about the basic charge. I thought it was preposterous and totally unsupported by the language of the Constitution and the law. I no longer think that. If collusion is convincingly demonstrated, I now think it’s a much closer call.

So this guy is looking at the same event as you are to see if it can be called Treason. He thinks it fits conspiracy better. If Brisket is right and only Treason will get rid of this fuckstain then this doesn't cut it. fuck.

He knew Russia was behind the email hacking because the IC told him during the campaign briefings and it was widely reported.  Yet, he publicly protected Russia by saying it wasn’t them.  He intentionally misled the public and protected Russia the entire time while they carrried out a multi pronged assault on our democracy which included hacking into state voting systems, reaching out multiple times to Trump’s campaign staff, and a sophisticated subversive online shadow campaign for Trump which was described in great detail in the Mueller indictment.
The FBI warned Trump the Russians might be trying to infiltrate his campaign but Trump didn’t give a fuck. In fact, he welcomed their assistance and asked for it publicly.  Afterwards, they tried to conceal all their meetings and connections with Russia.  When that failed, they went after the very institutions and Americans that might hold them accountable by attacking the FBI and attempted to shut down the Russia investigation.
If Trump isn’t a treasonous traitor, what else could he have possibly done that would have made him one?

Well, when you say it like that, it kind of looks bad.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, otisdog said:

Pence is dirty...he's going down too...

We know he lied publicly about Flynn but I don’t know if he broke any laws.  It is funny how a year removed from the Flynn lie and pence still won’t talk to the media to address the question about why he lied.  I guess it saves us from having to listen to him.

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Trump helped the Japanese plan the attack on Pearl Harbor, would that be treason? We weren’t technically at war but the United States was under attack.

It would make him the enemy.  Whether or not it makes the action "treason" is semantics.

12 hours ago, woohorn said:

Melania is staying in the hospital for the rest of the week after what is normally an outpatient procedure.

I guess her parents aren't capable of caring for her in suburbia.

I know this sounds impossible to believe, but I think the White House is lying.  I think the kidney story is bullshit.

Wild Speculation: Either the procedure was more complicated than what they've stated, or there is some reason to keep her in there for observation.  Certainly the Trumps have the means to have around the clock care at home, and I would have to imagine that would be her preference over staying in a hospital room. But, if she OD'd, either intentionally or accidentally, that would get her an extended stay under observation.  An OD would also been rough on the kidneys, but wouldn't require a procedure. 

It has nothing to do with anything, and it's not something reporters should look in to, but the story just sounds wrong.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think it's far more likely that the kidney condition is less "benign" than indicated than her hospitalization is because she OD'd.  That's kinda left field.

She probably OD'd on "winning". Unfortunately, that's an occupational hazard of being married to dotard.

Certainly the Trumps have the means to have around the clock care at home, and I would have to imagine that would be her preference over staying in a hospital room.

Melanija apparently lives with the Knavs, not the drumpfs. Also, the whole point of the unnecessary stay is to avoid drumpf until after he leaves for Florida Friday afternoon.

I think it's far more likely that the kidney condition is less "benign" than indicated

Nah, her office wants sympathy for her and WH wants distractions. ZERO reason to downplay severity, EXCEPT that drumpf was out golfing during "procedure".

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think it's far more likely that the kidney condition is less "benign" than indicated than her hospitalization is because she OD'd.  That's kinda left field.

Was my first thought as well, but I am biased by watching some folks I know battle kidney cancer. 

no sense wishing harm upon her.

"PEOPLE TELL ME SOME ARE SAYING" it has something to do with karma or punishment for enabling drumpf. "I AM ALSO HEARING THAT OTHERS ARE SAYING" she made all of those birther comments, so she's not so innocent.

23 minutes ago, woohorn said:

"PEOPLE TELL ME SOME ARE SAYING" it has something to do with karma or punishment for enabling drumpf. "I AM ALSO HEARING THAT OTHERS ARE SAYING" she made all of those birther comments, so she's not so innocent.

Signs that you may be having a stroke:
  • Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
  • Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
  • Sudden trouble seeing or blurred vision in one or both eyes.
  • Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.

24 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I heard its not a kidney thing. Some are saying she's getting some sort of plastic surgery. That entire fucking family has had more plastic surgery, botox, etc than an entire roster of porn stars.

Making Melania Great Again?

36 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I heard its not a kidney thing. Some are saying she's getting some sort of plastic surgery. That entire fucking family has had more plastic surgery, botox, etc than an entire roster of porn stars.

She's gonna come out of that hospital looking like Michelle, isn't she?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1