Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

So, I can only assume that the good and righteous folks who don’t approve of the orange shitgibbon are all on the same page, right?

everyone else should either be ostracized or hang from a rope - you choose your own level of involvement.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

If God is a just God, someday soon our country will suffer a great catastrophe/collapse, and we Americans will need to seek refuge among our neighbor nations...and they will treat us EXACTLY as we treat the foreigner.

Well, well…by fantasizing that a just God will, and should, take vengeance on our nation, you’ve joined the ranks of Jerry Falwell, who said 9-11 was an act of a vengeful God, and John Hagee and Pat Robertson, both of whom said basically the same thing after Hurricane Katrina.

2 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Well, well…by fantasizing that a just God will, and should, take vengeance on our nation, you’ve joined the ranks of Jerry Falwell, who said 9-11 was an act of a vengeful God, and John Hagee and Pat Robertson, both of whom said basically the same thing after Hurricane Katrina.

You seem to be regarded  -post less.

Edited by VRHorn

4 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Your reading comprehension is, like, really bad

I'm seriously at the point where I cannot participate in this thread, or even the news anymore, without getting to such a point where I would either: a) actively participate in the overthrow of the government, or b) completely separate myself and family from the truth of what we have become. 

The revolutionary inside of me cannot make the leap in cognitive dissonance that would allow me to participate anymore. 

I have hated what this country has become during my lifetime to such a degree in enduring my own circumstance (a lot of which my own choices have wrought) that I've become a self persecuted meme and completely overwhelmed, but have always held the hope that I could overcome, this being a country where one could, but am seeing that my faith in this ideal has been misplaced.

If I am to be completely honest, all that I have done to improve myself after my previous life has been a complete waste of time, and a lot of money (debt) in overcoming my circumstances. That being said, if we aren't even human enough as a nation that we could generate the compassion to keep families of asylum seekers together, what would give me the hope that one could truly get a second chance in this life? 

I am disgusted. But even moreso that I am literally stuck here as no other country on this Earth would allow me to immigrate. 

I'm truly fucked.

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Smartest, strongest, hard working, loyal. 1 of 4 ain't bad. Of course, the makeup of his cuckstituency is catastrophic for us.

I think folks with parents hooked on fox news need to strike out a new course to save this country. We need to prevent the olds from voting en masse. Talk to a lawyer and get guardianship proceedings going. Do it for your country. Accuse your parents of being incapacitated today!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Smartest, strongest, hard working, loyal. 1 of 4 ain't bad. Of course, the makeup of his cuckstituency is catastrophic for us.

I think folks with parents hooked on fox news need to strike out a new course to save this country. We need to prevent the olds from voting en masse. Talk to a lawyer and get guardianship proceedings going. Do it for your country. Accuse your parents of being incapacitated today!

My wife was talking to her mother just the other day.  MIL refuses to believe that Russia (or anyone working on their behalf) tried to influence people on Facebook.  But MIL is absolutely 100% convinced that George Soros or his minions do.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

My wife was talking to her mother just the other day.  MIL refuses to believe that Russia (or anyone working on their behalf) tried to influence people on Facebook.  But MIL is absolutely 100% convinced that George Soros or his minions do.

I missed out on my George Soros check.  Where do I sign up?

Trump's approval ratings have dropped in all 50 states since the inauguration.  This isn't in and of itself all that unusual -- Obama's approval ratings did the same 2009-2010 -- but the actual % change is more extreme for Trump.  Fully 30 states saw a bigger % drop than any in Obama's first term.

538 (Trump's approval ratings)

Gallup (Obama's approval ratings)

36 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Trump's approval ratings have dropped in all 50 states since the inauguration.  This isn't in and of itself all that unusual -- Obama's approval ratings did the same 2009-2010 -- but the actual % change is more extreme for Trump.  Fully 30 states saw a bigger % drop than any in Obama's first term.

538 (Trump's approval ratings)

Gallup (Obama's approval ratings)

Lolz Louisiana holding the strongest for Trump, right next to Alabama.

FML

44 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

90% approval by Republicans is absolutely ridiculous.

Not only that, but my earlier post regarding MIL disbelieving Russia and George Soros?

She is in the 90%, and she now believes the FBI should be abolished, or at least "reformed".

That's the direction the Republican Party is headed.  

Edit:  She also absolutely loves the President on Twitter, for she believes it's the only way the "truth" ever will get out about his presidency.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Not only that, but my earlier post regarding MIL disbelieving Russia and George Soros?

She is in the 90%, and she now believes the FBI should be abolished, or at least "reformed".

Edit:  She also absolutely loves the President on Twitter, for she believes it's the only way the "truth" ever will get out about his presidency.  

Your MIL sounds like fun.

Bingo.

That’s who we are now.

We never had a fucking chance.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Your MIL sounds like fun.

I've said it before in the past, and I'll reaffirm it again.  She and my FIL if not 1%'ers, are damn close.  He makes great money at his gig, all their kids have graduated from college, grandchildren nearby, they have their health, etc.  No debt at all.  They literally have everything going well for them in their lives.  They are "good people".  

Yet politically, they are a lost cause.  

59 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

What I find interesting is that an interparty approval rating that high is normal coupled with an overall high approval rating but that's not the case here.  Not surprisingly, the GOP base is totally detached from the rest of America.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I've said it before in the past, and I'll reaffirm it again.  She and my FIL if not 1%'ers, are damn close.  He makes great money at his gig, all their kids have graduated from college, grandchildren nearby, they have their health, etc.  No debt at all.  They literally have everything going well for them in their lives.  They are "good people".  

I know the types.  Everything has gone well in their immediate lives but they will tell you society as a whole is going to shit.  It's like all of the 1%ers who bemoaned the Obama years yet those years were watershed years for that crowd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, softlynow said:

Remember in the '70s when everybody was freaking about cults? We need to have an army of Fox News deprogrammers. On our orders, they could kick in the doors of brainwashed olds and take them off to reeducation camps. If nothing else, if seize enough of them at one time it will destroy Hannity's ratings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I am more than familiar with these type folks.  I belong to a civic club made up mostly old rich white guys.  

When politics come up in the discussions I usually gnash my teeth unless an opportunity presents itself to call out the bullshit.

The club was buzzing around the day before Devin Nunes’s #releasethememo and I was being told things like “people in the FBI are guilty of treason, the FBI was so corrupt, and Comey is a fraud/liar.”  I actually lost my shit and went off. Saying things like, “you know the FBI is who protects us from terrorist attacks right? You know bashing the FBI makes their jobs more dangerous? They are basically our military on the homeland that defend and protects us? Do you respect the troops or not?”

Another time I got into some heated conversations about the flag bullshit.

This group of “good people” are exactly like your in laws.  We did a straw poll during the Republican primaries and Trump was the overwhelming winner.  I actually had to write in Kasich on my ballot because no one knew who he was at the time.  Ben Carson came in second thanks to some high school kids that attended the meeting.

They drank the Trump koolaid early.  Before the election, one member told me if Trump doesn’t win, he didn’t think he would ever vote Republican again.  So weird.

2 hours ago, longhorndude said:

Good write up about our fucked up tyrant loving orange god king

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/15/trump-dictators-authoritarians-strongmen-649635

Edelman went on: “I’ve seen this play out in Turkey, and that’s how this stuff gets normalized. And after a while, people say, OK, that’s the way it is.”

That’s about as unfunny as it gets.   Flynn needs be in jail with Manafort.  

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:
Great lovers

Yeah the Witch Hunt will be what goes down as a dark and dangerous period in American History. Not the whole separating children from their parents because they're dirty foreigners. Not the jerkoffs who work for him using the Bible to justify this shit. 

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

well, you have to consider the republican party is now made up of brothel owners, child sex predators, and common clay of the new West.   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nivek said:

well, you have to consider the republican party is now made up of brothel owners, child sex predators, and common clay of the new West.   

I wonder often about how much of this "OMG Republicans all still love Trump" stuff stems from the fact that only Trumpists will now id as Republicans. 

No surprise here.

But advocates inside the administration, most prominently Stephen Miller, Mr. Trump’s senior policy adviser, never gave up on the idea. Last month, facing a sharp uptick in illegal border crossings, Mr. Trump ordered a new effort to criminally prosecute anyone who crossed the border unlawfully — with few exceptions for parents traveling with their minor children.

And now Mr. Trump faces the consequences. With thousands of children detained in makeshift shelters, his spokesmen this past week had to deny accusations that the administration was acting like Nazis. Even evangelical supporters like Franklin Graham said its policy was “disgraceful.”

Among those who have professed objections to the policy is the president himself, who despite his tough rhetoric on immigration and his clear directive to show no mercy in enforcing the law, has searched publicly for someone else to blamefor dividing up families. He has falsely claimed that Democrats are responsible for the practice. But the kind of pictures so feared by Mr. Trump’s predecessors could end up defining the major domestic policy issue of his term.

Inside the Trump administration, current and former officials say, there is considerable unease about the policy, which is regarded by some charged with carrying it out as unfeasible in practice and questionable morally. Kirstjen Nielsen, the current homeland security secretary, has clashed privately with Mr. Trump over the practice, sometimes inviting furious lectures from the president that have pushed her to the brink of resignation.

But Mr. Miller has expressed none of the president’s misgivings. “No nation can have the policy that whole classes of people are immune from immigration law or enforcement,” he said during an interview in his West Wing office this past week. “It was a simple decision by the administration to have a zero tolerance policy for illegal entry, period. The message is that no one is exempt from immigration law.”

The administration’s critics are not buying that explanation. “This is not a zero tolerance policy, this is a zero humanity policy, and we can’t let it go on,” said Senator Jeff Merkley, Democrat of Oregon.

“Ripping children out of their parents’ arms to inflict harm on the child to influence the parents,” he added, “is unacceptable.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz