Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

19% approval for KJU is deplorable and surprising to me, even though I thought my expectations for hardcore Trumpkins couldn’t be any lower.   We are pretty ignorant and uninformed, but that number can’t just be a function of totally oblivious respondents who don’t know he’s a murderous tyrant.

Did Trump speak of him approvingly? Then the Trumpkins approve.

Yeah, Hillary tried that.  Just go back and read some of her campaign speeches on Trump.  She called out everything.
The facts don’t matter anymore.   
Emotional appeal is the only thing that wins people over.

True but Hillary was extremely disliked, and there has always been a cloud over her dealings that makes few trust her. Have a wide range of respected Democrats start calling it out, then it would be much more effective. It’s basically what the Republicans did with Obama, except they didn’t rely on facts in many cases.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

19% approval for KJU is deplorable and surprising to me, even though I thought my expectations for hardcore Trumpkins couldn’t be any lower.   We are pretty ignorant and uninformed, but that number can’t just be a function of totally oblivious respondents who don’t know he’s a murderous tyrant.

Tahoe laid it out for us in the Roy Moore thread.

Being a Democrat is worse than being a child molester to most Republicans.  While KJU loses points among Republicans for not being white, he also just complimented King Trump, so of course he is looked upon more favorably than someone like Pelosi.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Tahoe laid it out for us in the Roy Moore thread.

Being a Democrat is worse than being a child molester to most Republicans.  While KJU loses points among Republicans for not being white, he also just complimented King Trump, so of course he is looked upon more favorably than someone like Pelosi.

But he's Asian which is the only minority Republicans like.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gotta give Trump credit. 

He keeps bitching that the Democrats won’t do anything. 

So he and Miller figured out something that is gonna give them reasons (and the means) to do all kinds of big things next year. 

Donald Trump is really bad at politics.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

True but Hillary was extremely disliked, and there has always been a cloud over her dealings that makes few trust her.

Right, she lied once about sniper fire therefore Trump is just as credible as she is.

The dislike of Hillary was manufactured and not based in policy or reality.  This was by design.

“Hey gang, there is really ambitious smart lady on the other team that’s going to cause us problems.  What can we do to destroy her so no one likes her when the time comes?”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Right, she lied once about sniper fire therefore Trump is just as credible as she is.

The dislike of Hillary was manufactured and not based in policy or reality.  This was by design.

“Hey gang, there is really ambitious smart lady on the other team that’s going to cause us problems.  What can we do to destroy her so no one likes her when the time comes?”

She's been disliked since her husband's presidency.  It was not manufactured.  I decided to work on Obama's campaign because I despised her so much.  I almost voted for Trump because of her.  Almost.

5 minutes ago, deech said:

She's been disliked since her husband's presidency.  It was not manufactured.  I decided to work on Obama's campaign because I despised her so much.  I almost voted for Trump because of her.  Almost.

So you got duped?

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don't disagree that Trump is an idiot, but for some reason democrats cannot wrap their minds around the fact that Hillary was an unlikable character and easy to rally around, against. I think that should be like Step 1 of moving forward. Admit that Hilary was a dog as a candidate and stop trying to defend her likability and move on. Or maybe it's just democrats keep taking the bait of the "Hillary will never be president" types who keep harping on her for some reason. I equally don't understand the point of talking about her or keeping her in conversations in H2 of 2018. Weird stuff on "both sides", as they say.

Not liking Hillary Clinton is akin to not like John McCain.  Let's not get too far out over our skis here.  She is fairly devoid of charisma but outside of the right wing echo chamber no actual person with a brain believes she is guilty of 1% of the shit that is ascribed to her.  She's a highly intelligent career politician, with little to no personality, and a vagina.  That last point is what draws the ire.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not liking Hillary Clinton is akin to not like John McCain.  Let's not get too far out over our skis here.  She is fairly devoid of charisma but outside of the right wing echo chamber no actual person with a brain believes she is guilty of 1% of the shit that is ascribed to her.  She's a highly intelligent career politician, with little to no personality, and a vagina.  That last point is what draws the ire.

See I disagree.  It's the highly intelligent career politician that is what I think draws the ire more than anything with me.  She's played the game for decades and is way too good at it.  

8 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So you got duped?

By whom?  Obama?  I still voted for HRC based entirely on the lesser of two people I don't like much rationale.  

Just now, deech said:

See I disagree.  It's the highly intelligent career politician that is what I think draws the ire more than anything with me.  She's played the game for decades and is way too good at it.  

By whom?  Obama?  I still voted for HRC based entirely on the lesser of two people I don't like much rationale.  

By believing the bullshit enough that you despised her. That’s retarded. Sorry but it is.

You think Obama didn’t play the game. Obama was the most skilled politician of my lifetime. It’s ridiculous to hate HRC for something that is just a characteristic of politicians

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

So, do you think Miller has his own password so he can use his own device, or is he in the shitter with the boss, dictating the content of the tweets? I think he likes the aroma, so he pulls up a stool next to flatulent Donny, grabs the Jitterbug and types it himself.

Yes to all of the above. In addition I bet Donnie stands up and bends over like a three year old so Miller can wipe his ass afterwards.

2 minutes ago, deech said:

It's the highly intelligent career politician that is what I think draws the ire more than anything with me.  She's played the game for decades and is way too good at it.  

Ambition, experience, AND wisdom?  Don’t let this lady anywhere near the nuclear codes.

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

By believing the bullshit enough that you despised her. That’s retarded. Sorry but it is.

You think Obama didn’t play the game. Obama was the most skilled politician of my lifetime. It’s ridiculous to hate HRC for something that is just a characteristic of politicians

It is hating someone for displaying competence to do job, which is fucking insane. 

14 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Space Force

I still love the quote when he was talking to the Air Force (I think).  He goes on about the space army or whatever and then ends it with, "does that make sense?"

Just slays me.  No it doesn't make sense you buffoon!

incredulous.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The dislike was not manufactured.  It happened as soon as Bill took office and she wanted a role in policy making. Plus the Whitewater stuff, etc.. By the time 2016 rolled around, it had been hanging there for almost 25 years. 

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

The dislike was not manufactured.  It happened as soon as Bill took office. By the time 2016 rolled around, it had been hanging there for almost 25 years. 

Benghazi was bullshit

Whitewater was bullshit

Email server was bullshit 

Add another dozen absurd fake conspiracy scandals that were BULLSHIT

It was absolutely manufactured over time.

CDDA4D22-79E1-4B76-B7A6-6F471B8FAC74_zps

http://www.people-press.org/2015/05/19/hillary-clinton-approval-timeline/

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Benghazi was bullshit

Whitewater was bullshit

Email server was bullshit 

Add another dozen absurd fake conspiracy scandals that were BULLSHIT

It was absolutely manufactured over time.

CDDA4D22-79E1-4B76-B7A6-6F471B8FAC74_zps

http://www.people-press.org/2015/05/19/hillary-clinton-approval-timeline/

I must be older than you, because I clearly remember people hating her in the early 90s. 

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I am not saying Obama didn't play the game.  I was just not a huge fan of the Clinton presidency for a lot of different reasons that aren't worth going into on the Donald Trump thread. Then she cherry picked a Senate seat, voted for the Iraq war, and the hits just kept on coming.  So yeah, I felt that the Iraq war was the stupidest fucking decision in modern history and I despised anyone who voted for it.  If that makes me retarded.  Sorry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

It's pretty simple.  People often don't like women who seek power.  Where a man is ambitious, a woman is 'cunty.'  

That must be why everyone hates Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  Good point.  

Stop with this lowest common denominator bullshit.  Her vote on Iraq had nothing to do with her gender.

I often ask people why they dislike Hillary and quite a few people can't really say why. Voting for Iraq is most often the answer given by liberals like myself. I was nowhere near voting 3rd party or for Trump but fuck anybody whose judgement is so terrible that they thought the Iraq War was a good idea. Bill's metoo baggage doesn't help. I agree that a great deal of the dislike for Hillary is due to her being a target of the right for so long but we'd be better off if the Clintons just went away, fair or not.  

Her brother Hugh was/is sleazy and had all kinds of corruption clouds surrounding him.   Notwithstanding that nothing stuck, whitewater involved some very questionable deals.  The Clintons largely skated on those items and sadly set the tone for what we now have by having many excuse Bill's sexual harassment/assault (sorry, you can't have a consensual relationship with a subordinate) because they liked having him in office.

Now we're completely wheels off, up is down, truth means nothing, and reporters struggle to call outright lies misstatements because they fear that the public grows tone deaf if they call lies lies.

Edited by DDD Dad

It doesn’t matter whether it’s fair or not that she’s hated. Because she is, and because of that she by herself can’t be the only one calling out Trump’s lies. It has to be Democrats that are relatively well respected and liked. If you want to debate whether Hillary is qualified or actually guilty of things she’s been accused of, that belongs in another thread.

10 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I often ask people why they dislike Hillary and quite a few people can't really say why. Voting for Iraq is most often the answer given by liberals like myself. I was nowhere near voting 3rd party or for Trump but fuck anybody whose judgement is so terrible that they thought the Iraq War was a good idea. Bill's metoo baggage doesn't help. I agree that a great deal of the dislike for Hillary is due to her being a target of the right for so long but we'd be better off if the Clintons just went away, fair or not.  

Unfortunately Hillary is living in Trump’s head 24/7, rent-free. We are just one bad Big Mac away from him ranting on Twitter that she’s following him around the White House at night. 

There is no way the man on the street can have any opinion on Whitewater other than "the Clintons are not guilty".  There just isn't.  KENNETH FUCKING STARR refused to advance the case.

Come.

On.

The world is inhabited by stupid people.  They have a voice.  They have a vote.  It doesn't mean their voice should be listened to.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bojack said:

True....and despite all of that, if she gets some better drugs, campaigns in the battle states, and plays a little dirtier etc.

3 hours ago, retread said:

image.png

Side note, amusing (and maybe a parent-brag about his independent analysis?) -- the boy sent me this text earlier:

So I did the math on how much it would cost to make part of Trumps new “space force”

It costs $4,654 on the best heavy lift rocket to put a kilogram into space.

It costs 116,000,000 to make an F-35, the most technologically advanced plane.

The F-35 has a max takeoff weight of 27,000 kg

To put an F-35 in low earth orbit it would cost $241,658,000, place cost plus launch cost

That’s for one plane, and airplanes don’t even work in space, so you’d need to develop an entirely different spacecraft. And how do you get that craft back? What flies it? How does it refuel? What are the weapons, who are you even fighting in space?

I don’t think Trump understands the enormous cost of a “Space Force”, and that Space is international territory and no nation will have control.

Edit, after a bit more math, since this new “Space Force” is to be “separate but *equal*” I calculated how much it would cost to put all of the American A-10 Warthogs, AC-130s, B-52s, B-1s, and B-2s in space.

The number got too big for the rest of the air force to be calculated, but to put the entire inventory of these 5 aircraft into low earth orbit,

it would cost a grand total of

*$ 70,043,658,688*

Seventy Trillion dollars, for only 5 kinds of Aircraft. Which don’t even work in space. 

Wait wait, 7 trillion. The commas and zeros are off. So much for “separate but equal”.

[compliment the boy on his analysis]

Well trump can keep his small dick out of my kind of stuff and stuff he doesn’t know about

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is no way the man on the street can have any opinion on Whitewater other than "the Clintons are not guilty".  There just isn't.  KENNETH FUCKING STARR refused to advance the case.

Come.

On.

The world is inhabited by stupid people.  They have a voice.  They have a vote.  It doesn't mean their voice should be listened to.

Well, of course she did kill Vince Foster, though. You gotta admit that. Personally, with her bare hands. Maybe her teeth too.