Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

When did gen z start? How come they are back to naming by letters?

Us gen x'ers are the forgotten generation. Even though we lost many of our brothers in the Cola Wars and we pretty much invented the angsty teen movie plot that is still used today. 

• Like 1

Hopefully the millennials will vote this fall and save the republic. If they do vote they will. 

And fuck all y’all claiming the young voters dont ever vote crap. Generation X didn’t vote because even if we did our vote didn’t matter anyway as it was always gonna be way overwhelmed by the boomers (and we thought we were too cool to vote anyway, hell maybe we were).

The lowest birth rate in America history was in the 70s with 1973 as the lowest year for births ever after Roe v. Wade came out in January of that year. All the Gen X voters apparently got aborted that year (although the native birth rate trend was going way down before that anyway). 

After that birth rates eventually climbed up again which is why we now have so many fucking millenials whining about their crappy jobs and student loans and such. And they are actually altogether right in their complaint, so hopefully they counter the still alive boomers crappy trump inspired vote and instead overwhelmingly vote dem this fall.  Guess we shall see. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

I’m bias but I think gen X is ready to step up too, especially the women. The slacker generation grew up on stories and music from the civil rights era/Vietnam.  Most have no idea what that was like and never got a real culture war to call their own.  They finally have something worth fighting for/defending.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Hopefully the millennials will vote this fall and save the republic. If they do vote they will. 

And fuck all y’all claiming the young voters dont ever vote crap. Generation X didn’t vote because even if we did our vote didn’t matter anyway as it was always gonna be way overwhelmed by the boomers (and we thought we were too cool to vote anyway, hell maybe we were).

The lowest birth rate in America history was in the 70s with 1973 as the lowest year for births ever after Roe v. Wade came out in January of that year. All the Gen X voters apparently got aborted that year (although the native birth rate trend was going way down before that anyway). 

After that birth rates eventually climbed up again which is why we now have so many fucking millenials whining about their crappy jobs and student loans and such. And they are actually right in their complaint, so hopefully they counter the still alive boomers crappy trump inspired vote and instead overwhelmingly vote dem this fall.  Guess we shall see. 

It's not really a Gen X or generational thing. It's a young people don't get off their asses thing. 

400px-Voting_Trends_by_Race_and_Age.jpg

Luckily plenty of millennials aren't so young (> 18-24) anymore and Gen X is voting now. 

FT_17.08.01_MillennialVote_1-1.png

FT_17.08.01_MillennialVote_2-1.png

Hopefully they all come out in a non-presidential year. 

11 hours ago, Woodrow Call said:

I think we're headed toward a period of extreme economic instability. Markets don't like volatility, and everything about this administration is volatile. Then there's the issue of the tax cuts. The deficit is going to be massive. And then there's the trade war.  All of this adds up to a perfect storm.  

I don't think it's the "perfect storm" at all... I think it's more like that Trump's such an epic, know-nothing moron who has no actual overall plan whatsoever, that there's bound to be some kind of fucking huge tsunami of shit bound at the end of all these massive clusterfucks

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m bias but I think gen X is ready to step up too, especially the women. The slacker generation grew up on stories and music from the civil rights era/Vietnam.  Most have no idea what that was like and never got a real culture war to call their own.  They finally have something worth fighting for/defending.

To this I agree. We finally may actually have some backup in numbers from the millenials to actually make a difference for once.  And if so it will be the women leading the charge. 

Fox News and other various Russian backed propaganda sites (like fox itself) like to tout numbers that supposedly back trump approval based on what they hopefully consider “likely” voters. Rasmussen is a perfect example of this. It’s propaganda designed to try to suppress the vote they fear is coming. Time to prove that bullshit wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RPM said:

22363080_fb_1508429227.0471_funds.jpg

Narrator: He chose poorly.

40 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Losing the gains gays have made just to piss off libs. 

The Trump gays must be so conflicted.  On one hand Trump is taking away their hard earned rights.  On the other hand he is fucking them hard in the ass. 

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Aren’t we told on this very website day after day that it’s LIberals who are intolerant of others?  Who keeps saying that?

Remember when Rocko said Trump will leave the gays alone? 

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Strzok spent 33% less time on the Mueller investigation than Manafort did on the Trump campaign. Trump likes to dismiss Manafort's role because he was part of the campaign fur such a short time. 

I'm so stealing this sentence. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Being wedged between two self-important generations is our culture war.

• Like 1

Not sure why the anti-gay thing is making the rounds now. Story is from September of last year and comes from Newsweek, a source I have come to distrust, even though it consistently tells me what I want to hear. Because it consistently tells me what I want to hear. (That Trump is a shitbag.) It's like the Palmer Report of the MSM these days, and its empowered by a name most Americans trust. 

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Not sure why the anti-gay thing is making the rounds now. Story is from September of last year and comes from Newsweek, a source I have come to distrust, even though it consistently tells me what I want to hear. Because it consistently tells me what I want to hear. (That Trump is a shitbag.) It's like the Palmer Report of the MSM these days, and its empowered by a name most Americans trust. 

I used to like TIME but when the f'k have they done a report on any of this in recent news?  They are the sloth bear of news agencies.  Hell, I think National Geographic is faster these days. I'm drunk--long day and I'm calling in sick tomorrow.  It's true, I will be by then.  

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

CNBC London reports 50,000 protesters will greet Trump: ‘Impossible to overestimate just how despised he is’

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/cnbc-london-reports-50000-protesters-will-greet-trump-impossible-overestimate-just-despised/#.W0ZmQrLlnZU.twitter

Trump will claim it as a victory.  

Largest rally ever!

Bigger than his inauguration crowd.

Let me guess.   Gold.  

https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-am-b57223c5-f899-410d-9975-453dd81f313d.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

President Trump wants to update the paint job on the next version of Air Force One, ditching the iconic robin's-egg blue (which he calls a "Jackie Kennedy color") for a bolder, "more American" look.

• Trump rarely gets into the weeds of government negotiations. But he sat down in the Oval Office with Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg in February to personally hammer out the $4 billion deal for a pair of replacement 747s for use as Air Force One (the call sign for whatever aircraft the president is on).

Axios has learned that Trump had one specification for the plane that could cause tension with the Air Force and surprise around the world:

• Trump wants to change the plane's signature blue-and-white look that goes back 55 years, to a redesign of the presidential aircraft by President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jackie Kennedy in the early 1960s. 
  • We’re told that Trump wants a color scheme that "looks more American" and isn’t a "Jackie Kennedy color." He doesn’t think the current blue (technically "luminous ultramarine") represents the USA.
  • The president's preferred design is believed to include red, white and blue. 

"He can do it," said a source familiar with the negotiations, when asked about whether Trump can make the change: 

• But the change could cause friction with the Air Force. We're told some top officers like the current look, which they point out is "known around the world."

Another upgrade: Trump is quite proud of his personal Boeing 757, which he used as his campaign plane: 

• We're told he wants the presidential bed aboard Air Force One to be larger and more comfortable — more like the executive livery package on his personal plane than the current, couch-like sleeping configuration aboard Air Force One.
  • Trump may only get to enjoy his dream ride if he's reelected: The new 747s are very unlikely to be in presidential service before Jan. 20, 2021. Two planes still need to be converted from commercial aircraft into flying White Houses.

When I told presidential historian Michael Beschloss about Trump's plans, he replied: "Why would anyone want to discard an Air Force One design that evokes more than a half-century of American history?"

• "Every time you see that blue trim and the words 'UNITED STATES OF AMERICA' spelled out in that same typeface as an early version of the Declaration of Independence, it brings back JFK landing in Germany to speak at the Berlin Wall, Richard Nixon flying to China, Ronald Reagan stepping off the plane to see Gorbachev in Iceland and a thousand other scenes of Presidents in our past."
  • "JFK and Jackie Kennedy approved that timeless design (created pro bono by the premier mid-20th century industrial designer Raymond Loewy) to replace an earlier version of Air Force One that had simply said 'MILITARY AIR TRANSPORT SERVICE' and which made conspicuous use of the color orange, which Kennedy rightfully found 'gaudy.'"
  • "It was JFK who chose what Loewy called the 'luminous ultramarine blue' that has appeared on every version of Air Force One (and some other Presidential aircraft) from 1962 on."
  • "Anyone who doubts how strongly Americans feel about the way Air Force One looks should go to the Reagan Library in California and see how many people go there to look at the plane that Ronald Reagan flew on while he was President."

Edited by Francisco 2.0

23 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's like these idiots think that our fearless Cheeto has some sense of history, or even some inkling of gravitas.

Let me guess.   Gold.  
https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-am-b57223c5-f899-410d-9975-453dd81f313d.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

President Trump wants to update the paint job on the next version of Air Force One, ditching the iconic robin's-egg blue (which he calls a "Jackie Kennedy color") for a bolder, "more American" look.

• Trump rarely gets into the weeds of government negotiations. But he sat down in the Oval Office with Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg in February to personally hammer out the $4 billion deal for a pair of replacement 747s for use as Air Force One (the call sign for whatever aircraft the president is on).

Axios has learned that Trump had one specification for the plane that could cause tension with the Air Force and surprise around the world:

• Trump wants to change the plane's signature blue-and-white look that goes back 55 years, to a redesign of the presidential aircraft by President John F. Kennedy and First Lady Jackie Kennedy in the early 1960s
  • We’re told that Trump wants a color scheme that "looks more American" and isn’t a "Jackie Kennedy color." He doesn’t think the current blue (technically "luminous ultramarine") represents the USA.
  • The president's preferred design is believed to include red, white and blue. 

"He can do it," said a source familiar with the negotiations, when asked about whether Trump can make the change: 

• But the change could cause friction with the Air Force. We're told some top officers like the current look, which they point out is "known around the world."

Another upgrade: Trump is quite proud of his personal Boeing 757, which he used as his campaign plane: 

• We're told he wants the presidential bed aboard Air Force One to be larger and more comfortable — more like the executive livery package on his personal plane than the current, couch-like sleeping configuration aboard Air Force One.
  • Trump may only get to enjoy his dream ride if he's reelected: The new 747s are very unlikely to be in presidential service before Jan. 20, 2021. Two planes still need to be converted from commercial aircraft into flying White Houses.

When I told presidential historian Michael Beschloss about Trump's plans, he replied: "Why would anyone want to discard an Air Force One design that evokes more than a half-century of American history?"

• "Every time you see that blue trim and the words 'UNITED STATES OF AMERICA' spelled out in that same typeface as an early version of the Declaration of Independence, it brings back JFK landing in Germany to speak at the Berlin Wall, Richard Nixon flying to China, Ronald Reagan stepping off the plane to see Gorbachev in Iceland and a thousand other scenes of Presidents in our past."
  • "JFK and Jackie Kennedy approved that timeless design (created pro bono by the premier mid-20th century industrial designer Raymond Loewy) to replace an earlier version of Air Force One that had simply said 'MILITARY AIR TRANSPORT SERVICE' and which made conspicuous use of the color orange, which Kennedy rightfully found 'gaudy.'"
  • "It was JFK who chose what Loewy called the 'luminous ultramarine blue' that has appeared on every version of Air Force One (and some other Presidential aircraft) from 1962 on."
  • "Anyone who doubts how strongly Americans feel about the way Air Force One looks should go to the Reagan Library in California and see how many people go there to look at the plane that Ronald Reagan flew on while he was President."

It’s no tan suit
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, SKJ said:

It's like these idiots think that our fearless Cheeto has some sense of history, or even some inkling of gravitas.

I don't really have a problem with a redesign. It's just that Trump has such poor taste in design and decoration, it's bound to be tacky looking. We need to make sure someone else is in office before this gets done. 

• Like 2