Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

He was in a no-win situation. There was no correct course of action. There were only courses of action that would lead to bad things.  He did what he thought was the right thing because in his estimation Hillary was going to win anyway. That turned out to be incorrect. But that wasn't an evil choice, it was simply an incorrect decision.  

I completely disagree.  There was one correct course of action, and that was literally the course of action that he was required to follow by policy.   Write up a recommendation and send it to DOJ.   Don't give a press conference to share your personal opinions on things that you think were bad (but not criminal) and don't commit to commenting publicly on an investigation in the future if it reopens, against department policy.   Easy peasy. 

And he did what he did because he's built his reputation and self-image on being the guy beholden to nobody.  He's the ref who intentionally makes a bad call against the winning team to even things out so nobody will think he was unfair to the other side.  Only this time it made that team lose. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Uh, no.  Comey is pushing Mt. Rushmore status.  You guys playing the "don't fall for a moderate Democrat perspective" are fucking fools.

What has James Comey actually done that was good?

He got Trump elected then got fired. Then he made sadface on TV and wrote a book about how noble he is.

Why do you idiots love this guy so much?

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Y'all are completely missing the point, but that's not surprising.  Comey is NOT the problem here.  Idiots who push hyper-left agendas ARE the problem.

Like who? What? What the hell do you even mean by "hyper-left"? Universal healthcare? Paid time off for new mothers?

Well, that would be you, BT.  You're the fucking problem.  And if you fuck this up with your stupid pie-in-the-sky contagion, then you're just as bad as any Trumpkin.  I'm serious,  you have the strategic mind of RC Slocum's retarded brother.

• Like 7

Hey guys, I was out on vacation. Did I miss anything?  

Everybody here still in a tizzy about Russia?   I guess we’re the exception here.

https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2018/07/19/lunatic-politics-part-2-its-becoming-impossible-to-have-a-conversation/

“When Gallup recently asked Americans what the most important (non-economic) problem facing the country today is, the amount of people saying Russia was so low they couldn’t even attribute a number to it.

Think about that. We’re being divided into two camps of increasingly insane and angry people because of hysteria surrounding an issue nobody even cares about. As usual, we can thank mass media for turning this topic into its singular obsession as well as promoting an environment of cultural insanity and stupidity.”

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Y'all are completely missing the point, but that's not surprising.  Comey is NOT the problem here.  Idiots who push hyper-left agendas ARE the problem.

Much of the support for Nazism resulted from a perception that the only alternative was Communism.  The way reasonable politics prevails in this country is by reasonable people not falling for that trap.  One can oppose Trump without demanding free college, state-sponsored healthcare, and guaranteed minimum income.  

I’m not saying those are bad policies.  I’m just saying that they shouldn’t be a litmus test for Democrats.  The opposition needs every vote it can get.  Trump is the biggest threat to this country since the Confederacy.  If Dems intend to stop him, they can’t insist on pushing far left policies at the same time.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, that would be you, BT.  You're the fucking problem.  And if you fuck this up with your stupid pie-in-the-sky contagion, then you're just as bad as any Trumpkin.  I'm serious,  you have the strategic mind of RC Slocum's retarded brother.

Why are you centrists such pussies?

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Everybody here still in a tizzy about Russia?   I guess we’re the exception here.

https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2018/07/19/lunatic-politics-part-2-its-becoming-impossible-to-have-a-conversation/

“When Gallup recently asked Americans what the most important (non-economic) problem facing the country today is, the amount of people saying Russia was so low they couldn’t even attribute a number to it.

Think about that. We’re being divided into two camps of increasingly insane and angry people because of hysteria surrounding an issue nobody even cares about. As usual, we can thank mass media for turning this topic into its singular obsession as well as promoting an environment of cultural insanity and stupidity.”

OMG!  We’re all freaking out about something none of us are even aware of!!!!

Fuck off with your bullshit.

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

That's a really insightful article from July 19th based on a poll taken in June. Fortunately nothing has happened related to Russia since June so it's a very valid conclusion.

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What the fuck is libertyblitzkreig.com?

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Universal healthcare and maternal leave is not hyper left.

No, they aren't, but BT's total agenda is clearly hyper-left, and it is in direct conflict with what should be the current goal, which is to wrest this fucking government back from authoritarian wannabes who are dangerously close to taking us down.  I don't know why this is even a discussion.  I guess this is part of the argument against "college for everybody".

22 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

They care about it. They just care about other things more. 

It's a huge issue.

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

lol

*loses all states and Congress for a decade*

"I knew we shouldn't have run radical leftists like ... <shuffles notes> ... Hillary Clinton."

No, they aren't, but BT's total agenda is clearly hyper-left, and it is in direct conflict with what should be the current goal, which is to wrest this fucking government back from authoritarian wannabes who are dangerously close to taking us down. 

5a972322aae6051d008b45b4-750-375.jpg

Any specifics on this terrifying specter of the "hyper-left" agenda that is going to drive normal, sane people into the arms of Donald Trump?

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Much of the support for Nazism resulted from a perception that the only alternative was Communism.

What in god's holy name are you talking about? The only alternative to what? This is word soup

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What in god's holy name are you talking about? The only alternative to what? This is word soup

It's not word soup.  It's obvious what he was saying.  As for the rest of your spew, good luck.

Edited by jimmyjazz

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

libertyblitzkrieg.com?

I quite literally laughed out loud at that, but I managed to avoid spitting beer on my keyboard (LOLers).

29 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

What the fuck is libertyblitzkreig.com?

Non partisan blog with decent traffic.  The guy is a disgruntled former Wall St trader initially disgusted by the Financial Crisis and our govt response.  

37 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That's a really insightful article from July 19th based on a poll taken in June. Fortunately nothing has happened related to Russia since June so it's a very valid conclusion.

I still suspect that the Russia situation is low on the average person’s list of concerns.  

29 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

[TRUMP]Something that isn't fake news[/VOTERS]

He hates Trump.  Try again. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, longhornmatt said:

I look forward to next month's summit in the Maldives when Trump agrees to a new Iran deal that is easier on Iran than the first one, proclaims victory, and then pledges the US Army Corps of Engineers to help build a pipeline from Iran to Russia free of charge.

With American steel!

What a weird place for a summit.  There’s not enough runway for all those leaders to leave there at once should shit go sideways.  

23 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It is absolutely not clear at all. It's insane.

Either you need to learn English or you need to study history.  Nazism was presented as the alternative to Bolshevism.  That’s why Nazis were obsessed with communists.  

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Either you need to learn English or you need to study history.  Nazism was presented as the alternative to Bolshevism.  That’s why Nazis were obsessed with communists.  

If Trumpism is the Naziism in your historical allusion, what the fuck is the Communism that supposedly drove people to Trumpism/Naziism?

Hillary? Obama?

Hillary and Obama ARE centrist moderates already. They didn't support any of those three things that you're equating with Communism ("free college, state-sponsored healthcare, and guaranteed minimum income").

It makes no sense.

45 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I still suspect that the Russia situation is low on the average person’s list of concerns.  

Worrying about traitors is probably pretty low on the radar, too. I guess that means when someone commits treason everybody will say, "Hey, let him go. Who cares about treason?"

You just keep thinkin', Butch. That's what you're good at.

butch_cassidy_and_the_sundance_kid.jpg

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

The moderation of the Clinton campaign was necessary to win the 92 election.  Mondale lost 49 states to Reagan, and Dukakis didn't do a whole better against HW Bush.  Bill Clinton then made HW Bush a one-term President even though HW presided over the most successful and painless major war effort ... well, pretty much ever.   Bill Clinton is a resounding success story for the Democrats.  A far left candidate that checks all the ideological purity boxes would have been massacred again, just every other Democrat nominee in the 20 years before that going back to 1972 except for the one time when Carter BARELY beat post-Watergate Gerald Ford.

The moderation of the policies during the Clinton Presidency was because Republicans took Congress, so what else was going to happen?   

Even with all the moderation, Clinton would have lost if not for Perot. 

He can't yell at his best bud, the very impressive Un, so why not another paper tiger?

At least they're paper until you land a couple of hundred thousand American soldiers (likely all alone this time as our allies North Korea, Turkey, China, and Russia likely won't send help) and the real killing begins. It will make a hell of a TV show for a couple of months until we look down and see our boots stuck in the sand.

For the second time tonight:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He can't yell at his best bud, the very impressive Un, so why not another paper tiger?

At least they're paper until you land a couple of hundred thousand American soldiers (likely all alone this time as our allies North Korea, Turkey, China, and Russia likely won't send help) and the real killing begins. It will make a hell of a TV show for a couple of months until we look down and see our boots stuck in the sand.

For the second time tonight:

giphy.gif

Israel would offer us thoughts and prayers.