Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

21 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comey rips Giuliani pretty good in his book.

Comey was working in the SDNY when Giuliani was the federal prosecutor.  Comey says Rudy operated a lot like Trump.  He would take credit for everything, even stuff he had nothing to do with and you should never get in between Rudy and a microphone.

Basically, he was an asshole. 

One of my favorite newish conspiracy theories: the Russian mob got to Rudy and all his crusading against the Five Families was designed to strengthen the Russian Mafia at the expense of Rudy's paisans. 

43 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

One of my favorite newish conspiracy theories: the Russian mob got to Rudy and all his crusading against the Five Families was designed to strengthen the Russian Mafia at the expense of Rudy's paisans. 

Um, there is some smoke to that theory but I don't buy it.  The Russian mob rise in NYC conveniently happened during the crackdown on the Italian mob. 

One thing is for sure, it's pretty clear why Rudy's recent wife got the fuck out of dodge.

It’s hard to keep track of Trump’s distraction narratives over the past 18 months

Uranium One

Nunes unmasking 

Obama wiretap Trump Tower 

Release the Memo

Peter Strozk text messages

FISA abuse

Comey tapes

#Spygate 

Agry conflicted Democrats 

Deep State conspiracy 

Bruce Ohr

Just keep throwing shit Dotus, I’m sure something will stick eventually 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They are not acting though.  The recent Unite the Right rally showed that the younger ones looking for a fight are scared of being identified.  

They also hit their peak numbers, and Hillary isn't running again.

They also had the wrong kind of publicity and scrutiny shined down upon them with the Q stuff.  While the older folks may not trust say NBC News overall, the actions of the Q folks they see on TV and what they read online is going to make them take a step back and wonder if that NBC News expose had a little bit of truth to it.

For Trump's target audience, the Q stuff is too complex, and far too encompassing.  Look at TexAgs - plenty of the Q fans there are confused as hell about things.  When you confuse folks, and when you bring in so many elements, you risk each of those elements turning off this or that group of people.  The best theories are simple and can be understood within a few minutes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I really think you’re minimizing it here.  A lot like the people that say “Russia has always meddled in our elections.”  

The dynamics have significantly changed and I’m not just being hyperbolic, there are statistics that back this up. 

I had an in-law somewhat involved with the Republic of Texas group during their standoff back in the '90s, and I was down the road from Koresh's compound.  I read lots of the cheesy survivalist pulp novels from the 80s.  Alex Jones made his millions from selling them stuff.  Trump fed into their paranoias with the birther bullshit.

These people have always been around.  Many of them were nothing more than keyboard warriors.

Admittedly, they seemed to have really ramped up their rhetoric and actions up through last few years, and many started to transition from keyboard warriors to putting on the khakis and polo shirts and heading over to Pier One and grabbing a tiki torch.

But then they started getting outted on social media.  Average Americans and the media alike began publicly identifying these people when they showed up at rallies, or with whom they identified with/spoke to and later obtained positions in the White House.  Families booted them out of their homes, they were booted out of schools, lost jobs.

And they got really fucking shy.  And a lot of them decided to go back to being keyboard warriors.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

For the record, I’m not afraid of the violent extremists.  They’re loons and not a significant threat to overthrowing anything by force.  However, more tragedies and bloodshed will happen because current leadership isn’t doing enough to confront the problem on their side, and that starts with Trump at the top.  The consequences of those tragedies will lead to more knee jerk solutions that infringe on everyone’s rights in the name of safety and security.  Things like too much gun control and censorship on the internet.  Do you see where this is going? 

Nothing happened after Sandy Hook, when a gun-grabbing Muslim-Marxist Community Organizer from Chicago, Kenya, named Barrack Hussein Obama was President and a bunch of little kids were slaughtered.  Nothing happened when a lone nut killed 58 and injured 850.

Speaking of which, where the fuck were all of these people when Barrack Hussein Obama defeated a Vietnam war hero?  Seems like that election should have brought them out in droves.

There will be more tragedies and bloodshed, and it will have little to nothing to do with these people, and/or it will not be a direct cause of it.   Mentally ill people are still mentally ill, whether they are being inspired by aliens in UFOs anal-probing them, or something they read on reddit, or some girl turning them down.

Internet censorship?  Doubtful when they are already being booted off of social media, losing their ability to sell their bullshit through Amazon, Etsy, eBay, PayPal, Craigslist (And eBay owns PP and part of Craigslist).   We have far more to worry about from the ISPs fucking with our traffic.

As for gun control, we're going to get pretty strict gun control within our lifetimes.  I've already told you multiple times how it's going to happen - we are not far off from somebody live-streaming a mass shooting in a school, with your average American being able to watch kids being gunned down live.  No Republican is going to risk the chance of protecting the gun lobby when America as a whole watched a mass shooting play out from inside.

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nothing happened after Sandy Hook, when a gun-grabbing Muslim-Marxist Community Organizer from Chicago, Kenya, named Barrack Hussein Obama was President and a bunch of little kids were slaughtered.  Nothing happened when a lone nut killed 58 and injured 850.

Speaking of which, where the fuck were all of these people when Barrack Hussein Obama defeated a Vietnam war hero?  Seems like that election should have brought them out in droves.

There will be more tragedies and bloodshed, and it will have little to nothing to do with these people, and/or it will not be a direct cause of it.   Mentally ill people are still mentally ill, whether they are being inspired by aliens in UFOs anal-probing them, or something they read on reddit, or some girl turning them down.

Internet censorship?  Doubtful when they are already being booted off of social media, losing their ability to sell their bullshit through Amazon, Etsy, eBay, PayPal, Craigslist (And eBay owns PP and part of Craigslist).   We have far more to worry about from the ISPs fucking with our traffic.

As for gun control, we're going to get pretty strict gun control within our lifetimes.  I've already told you multiple times how it's going to happen - we are not far off from somebody live-streaming a mass shooting in a school, with your average American being able to watch kids being gunned down live.  No Republican is going to risk the chance of protecting the gun lobby when America as a whole watched a mass shooting play out from inside.

Do you know how ISIS propaganda works?

Do you think it has zero connection to incidents of violence? 

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nobody disputes that, but comparing them to ISIS is silly.

Really?

Because I've never traveled to Syria, and don't intend to.  For those of us who 1) live in the US, and 2) have no intention of traveling to ISIS strongholds, Incels are without question the greater statistical risk.  My daughter is going off to college next year.  I think her odds of being killed by a sexually frustrated utter failure of a human being are higher than her being killed in a suicide bombing by a dude yelling Allahu Akbar.  Because statistics, and math and shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Really?

Because I've never traveled to Syria, and don't intend to.  For those of us who 1) live in the US, and 2) have no intention of traveling to ISIS strongholds, Incels are without question the greater statistical risk.  My daughter is going off to college next year.  I think her odds of being killed by a sexually frustrated utter failure of a human being are higher than her being killed in a suicide bombing by a dude yelling Allahu Akbar.  Because statistics, and math and shit.

Her odds of being killed by an incel terrorist are still far lower than being hit by some asshole blowing through a redlight or some bitch messing with Facebook on her cellphone while driving.

But Trump said MS-13 is going to kill us all anyways.

Edited by atomheartbevo

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Her odds of being killed by an incel terrorist are still far lower than being hit by some asshole blowing through a redlight or some bitch messing with Facebook on her cellphone while driving.

Agreed, and always have.  That said, on the hierarchy of folks to worry about, sexually frustrated dudes make the list for her.  ISIS doesn't.

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Agreed, and always have.  That said, on the hierarchy of folks to worry about, sexually frustrated dudes make the list for her.  ISIS doesn't.

I can see that, but I think this threat of Qanon incels is way overblown.

Those people were sexually frustrated long before now.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

giphy-2.gif?w=550&h=309

This is not the farthest or hardest home run ever hit. But I believe that it is the home run most murdered relative to the player's ability. I don't think it's possible for George Springer to hit a baseball harder than that. Pissed off at the misplay in centerfield, 95mph fastball belt high and just on the inner half, unloaded with everything he had, and just the sound the contact made told you it was gone. Ball hadn't even cleared the infield and there was a fist in the air from this young lady (this post is also doubling as an imgur test):

imgur>

edit - dammit imgur

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2

In thinking about it, I think he's pretty trapped to - while he seems to ignore his lawyers, notice that for all of his incessant whining, he's not firing people to get to Mueller, or having people fired.  On some level, somebody has gotten through to him that he will be in a world of legal or political shit if he does that, because it's clear that he's scared shitless of Mueller.  I am 100% certain that if he could have fired people to get to Mueller without being in a world of shit before now, he would have.
Whoever that person(s) is that has kept him from firing Mueller, has probably told him he can tweet about certain things, but not others, although I still think he gets away from their instructions at times when he's twitter-shitting.
As for where the big money is - we already know what the Kochs are doing.  In general, those with The Big Money probably have access to information we don't, and many play a long game, and they want to keep those already bought-and-paid-for lawmakers in Congress.  It feels like they are taking a knee and trying to run the clock out on Trump.  If they have their folks stick their necks out too far for Trump in the here and now, there is a real risk that they will not only see their folks booted out of office in 2018 and 2020, but they will be replaced with a group of people who will set their agenda back many years.  
Even worse, if this Russian stuff is as bad as it looks, and if the GOP decides it's truly the Party of Trump as the GOP Chairwoman said and is willing to go down defending Trump, the GOP Big Money folks are potentially facing the problem that the GOP will successfully be labeled as the Party of Putin.  That means that they will have to discard a lot of their bought-and-paid-for legislators and start from scratch.  It could take many election cycles for the GOP to recover from that (assuming it does).  
Also, look at how fast Trump started reversing a lot of Obama-era stuff.  Imagine a Democratic President with a Democratic Congress.  Their first priority, besides nailing Trump and his supporters to the wall, will be reversing all of the damage they see being done by Trump and Co.  Not only that, but they will most likely act in such a way to make it harder for somebody like Trump to reverse their efforts in the future.
The problem for GOP Big Money is that even though they are trying to take a knee and run the clock out, right now, in August of 2018, the Trumpkins still hold a lot of power - enough that they (or a nasty tweet from Dotard) can sink a Republican politician if they don't play along.  
It's hard to take a knee and run out the clock when somebody else on your team has the ball and is disregarding common sense.

Great post - I hope that most of this comes to pass and we can course correct, but we’re sitting at a precipice and I fear that we could easily fall in either direction.

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can see that, but I think this threat of Qanon incels is way overblown.

Those people were sexually frustrated long before now.

QAnon is just a symptom of a larger problem in the right wing media.

Outfits like Alex Jones, alt-right media, NRATV, and other internet hate groups target vulnerable people and fan the flames of their pre-existing grievances.  It pushes people to become more radical in their ideology.  Yeah, they were already crazy but they weren’t dangerously crazy.

Do we really need to go over how active measures works again? 

This isn’t some unknown phenomenon.  Violent radical left wing groups operated the same way back in the 70s (SLA).  Patty Hearst didn’t just wake up and decide to be a leading domestic terrorist one day.  She was indoctrinated into it over time through isolation and propaganda.

Movements like QAnon aren’t violent yet but they’ve cleared the path and developed a large specific target audience for something that could be worse.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Alternative facts, and now truth isn't truth.  This is the republican party.  Sorry to be an echo chamber by pointing out this outright absurdity.

This is where we’re at. Pointing out the absurdity of the President’s personal attorney saying the truth isn’t the truth needs to be accompanied by an apology, for being in an echo chamber?  What in the god damn fuck is going on?