Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

From a foreign policy standpoint, it's not terrible this is the way it went down or that it got out.

A report of POTUS ordering an assassination of Assad should make Assad think twice about using chemical weapons on kids.

Nixon and Kissinger had a similar tactic with Vietnam.  The strategy was to portray Nixon as an uncontrollable Mad Man and Kissinger was the only thing holding him back. 

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

From a foreign policy standpoint, it's not terrible this is the way it went down or that it got out.

A report of POTUS ordering an assassination of Assad should make Assad think twice about using chemical weapons on kids.

Nixon and Kissinger had a similar tactic with Vietnam.  The strategy was to portray Nixon as an uncontrollable Mad Man and Kissinger was the only thing holding him back. 

The important part is that the Pentagon feels it can blow off the president. That's a tad concerning.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

The important part is that the Pentagon feels it can blow off the president. That's a tad concerning.

would you rather they follow him? this is no longer about the office, but the clown occupying it. IF we ever return to sanity, I don't think we would expect this kind of reaction going forward.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It's concerning because it emboldens the Pentagon to ignore future presidents not named Donald Trump.

Fucking this. Any norms we had have been entirely eroded. Trump has fucked basically every aspect of the government and its operation at this point

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

Only issue is that it somewhat proves the "Deep State! Deep State! Deep State!" theory. His followers can now say that the deep state has been cutting off the Presidency at its knees the whole time. 

And while this is a good thing in the case of DOTUS, it is not necessarily a good thing for the institutional stability and Constitutional powers of the Executive Branch.

Thanks a lot, Donald.

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Only issue is that it somewhat proves the "Deep State! Deep State! Deep State!" theory. His followers can now say that the deep state has been cutting off the Presidency at its knees the whole time. 

Who fucking cares? We need to stop pretending the the presidents followers matter. They are fewer. They are dumber. Shun them. Cast them out. Fuck inclusion when it comes to these people. They excluded themselves when they abandoned logic and reason in favor of bigotry and prejudice. Fuck them. 

• Like 1

Both (1) that the so called president is an immoral shithead with less brainpower than my cat's turds and (2) that there was essentially a soft military coup are problems.   It's not possible to rate which in the long term is worse or to separate out these two things.

13 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

The President has the power to FIRE anyone of his subordinates for not following orders.

The pentagon blowing him off is 100% on Trump. 

46 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

South Vietnam will be forever grateful.

Thank goodness the great humanitarian Kissinger kept us from bombing Cambodia and destabilizing that country. It could have ended up as a real human tragedy!

And we haven't even touched on the tremendous success of our Latin America policies!

Foreign policy geniuses!

• Like 2

The ironic thing about the military refusing to follow orders, is that they were trying to prevent large-scale wars or direct assassinations by the US, something that past military leadership was okay with.

Yes, it's disconcerting, but it's also frightening as hell that the only thing standing between us and fucking things up even worse in the world, is officers ignoring Trump or softening his orders.

Trump gives no fucks if we assassinate Assad.  The military?  Well, Syria truly breaks up and ISIS runs wild, and we find ourselves sacrificing a lot more Americans to keep Iraq, a least part of it, intact, because if they pull in Iraq, then Saudi Arabia is fucked.

36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's concerning because it emboldens the Pentagon to ignore future presidents not named Donald Trump.

There's truth in that. But maybe the criterion is if the president in question even notices that he's being ignored. Maybe that's a protocol for judging competency.

No doubt, it's shaky territory as a precedent.

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

South Vietnam will be forever grateful.

Thank goodness the great humanitarian Kissinger kept us from bombing Cambodia and destabilizing that country. It could have ended up as a real human tragedy!

And we haven't even touched on the tremendous success of our Latin America policies!

Foreign policy geniuses!

Mistakes were made.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

The ironic thing about the military refusing to follow orders, is that they were trying to prevent large-scale wars or direct assassinations by the US, something that past military leadership was okay with.

Yes, it's disconcerting, but it's also frightening as hell that the only thing standing between us and fucking things up even worse in the world, is officers ignoring Trump or softening his orders.

Trump gives no fucks if we assassinate Assad.  The military?  Well, Syria truly breaks up and ISIS runs wild, and we find ourselves sacrificing a lot more Americans to keep Iraq, a least part of it, intact, because if they pull in Iraq, then Saudi Arabia is fucked.

And all Russia.

That recording of Trump's conversation with Woodward is great. This book is going to be very damaging because of the man behind it and Trump knows it. For the 30% of the country that chugs Trumps jizz, it wont matter, but for everyone else pondering the state of the nation, it's going to resonate.

I personally don't give a fuck about what Omerosa, Avenatti, etc... have to say, because their motivation is laregly their own notoriety, and their integrity is about on par with Trump. Woodward is a different beast altogether. His track record is basically the gold standard of journalism in the US. Trump didnt try to intimidate Woodward like he does the majority of the GOP, and it's because he knows it will have no effect. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

That recording of Trump's conversation with Woodward is great. This book is going to be very damaging because of the man behind it and Trump knows it. For the 30% of the country that chugs Trumps jizz, it wont matter, but for everyone else pondering the state of the nation, it's going to resonate.

I personally don't give a fuck about what Omerosa, Avenatti, etc... have to say, because their motivation is laregly their own notoriety, and their integrity is about on par with Trump. Woodward is a different beast altogether. His track record is basically the gold standard of journalism in the US. Trump didnt try to intimidate Woodward like he does the majority of the GOP, and it's because he knows it will have no effect. 

Trump came across like a giant incompetent puss in that transcript instead of the way he usually comes across: as a giant incompetent asshole.

3 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

tl;dr: We’re fucked

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Horrifying.

2 hours ago, staboner said:

nothing surprising here at all

These.  There's literally nothing in that summary that surprises me.  Y'all think I've been exaggerating.  I've SEEN deranged leadership in other organizations before...I know EXACTLY how these things play out, and what a cancer a leader like Trump is.  The danger he presents cannot be exaggerated.  It's that bad.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's not concerning, it's refreshing.  You phrased it wrong, anyway.  The Pentagon feels it SHOULD blow off the President, and they're absolutely correct.

Well, there's certainly this fact: the Pentagon and our troops have a legal obligation to REFUSE illegal orders.  I am glad that they are actually taking that into account.  But...

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

And while this is a good thing in the case of DOTUS, it is not necessarily a good thing for the institutional stability and Constitutional powers of the Executive Branch.

Thanks a lot, Donald.

...anytime we put our military in a position where they have to conduct that calculus, it's dangerous as hell.

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Both (1) that the so called president is an immoral shithead with less brainpower than my cat's turds and (2) that there was essentially a soft military coup are problems.   It's not possible to rate which in the long term is worse or to separate out these two things.

Both, and they are equal.  Again, what I've been hollering about from the get-go.  We elected a deranged shitbag to occupy the most powerful chair in the world, and that's stand-alone as horrific as it gets.  But because we did that, we ALSO have done unspeakable damage to the institution, norms, and the proper balance of power.  It may NEVER be restored.  We just broke our fucking country, and I doubt that we can fix it.

But, hey....Gorsuch!

45 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Trump came across like a giant incompetent puss in that transcript instead of the way he usually comes across: as a giant incompetent asshole.

How can trumpkins hold this guy up as some bastion of toughness when he comes across as a little bitch in that transcript. Blaming everyone he can possibly blame for not telling him Woodward wanted to talk with him. Why would anyone want to interview him anyway? He would be saying the same fucking thing over and over like he did in the transcript. 

What’s the over/under of how many of the ex-Presidents have given orders to ban trump from their funeral?  My guess is that Carter and Bush 43 don’t have that instruction.   
I do think that all of them or their spouses wouldn’t allow trump to speak under any circumstance. 
Bush 43 will outlive him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ya coulda called me.

I called your minions and associates. I had lunch with your chief liar, Kellyanne.

I never heard about it. Wait, here's Kellyanne now. Not a great piece of ass. Kelly, you talk to this guy?

Yes. We had lunch. I did protocols.

Well, I didn't hear about it. Except for that one guy. But that was quick. Anyway, I'm a great guy and would have liked to have been able to tell you about it, Bob. I mean we've talked twice in twenty years. You coulda called.

I did everything I could.

Well, nobody told me. I've gotta a secretary. You coulda called her. I'm really a great guy. Best guy ever. That would have been really good in your book. Is that in your book?

It's a very honest look at you and your White House.

Then it's not going to be fair. I'm really great. The best. I coulda told ya if you woulda called.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'd toss in that I don't think any ignoring or softening of Trump's orders were done in isolation - they most likely had the full blessing of Mattis and Kelly (and McMaster).

And Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will say nothing and do nothing.  They are less than zeros.  If our country is the proverbial Level 1 trauma patient in need of competent oversight and care, Paul and Mitch disconnected the tube transfusing blood and pain meds and wedged it under the mattress.

7 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

And Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will say nothing and do nothing.  They are less than zeros.  If our country is the proverbial Level 1 trauma patient in need of competent oversight and care, Paul and Mitch disconnected the tube transfusing blood and pain meds and wedged it under the mattress.

.....after taking millions of dollars in laundered campaign contributions to do just that.

Remember, these guys didn't just betray your country.  They betrayed it for the money that buys them just a bit more political power for a bit more time.  We weren't betrayed for 30 pieces of silver - we were betrayed for the transitory power for a couple of years that the 30 pieces of silver bought.

19 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Nah, they were more like the people who believe that faith is the only cure, and therefore have refused all treatment.  But they were super concerned when they prayed about it.  If God wanted us to get better, he would've fixed our trauma.