Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s never too late to do the right thing.  I think Gowdy actually feels guilty for the Hillary witch hunts...especially after he saw some of the underlying evidence of what they have on Trump’s people.

It’s weird because there was no tradition period.  He just flipped like a switch.  Went from water carrying Gowdy to woke Gowdy over night.  

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So we should be expecting a "Mueller says there was no collusion" tweet?

Can anyone say what he will tweet? 

It might be Mueller is trying to give Trump some confidence that all is well so he will think it is safe to step into the FBI interview trap.

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So we should be expecting a "Mueller says there was no collusion" tweet?

As clearly stated in report, I am not under investigation because there was NO COLLUSION and I have agreed to meet with Mueller team this afternoon to answer questions in order to quickly conclude the investigation so we can get to work MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! 

6 hours ago, Lurch said:

Now the “feel it in the pocketbook” will be more direct.

China knows exactly what the fuck they're doing, unlike Dotard.  You can bet your ass on it that they'll go out of their way to make sure FatFuckStain and his horde of dipshits will get hit harder than the rest of America.  

China knows exactly what the fuck they're doing, unlike Dotard.  You can bet your ass on it that they'll go out of their way to make sure FatFuckStain and his horde of dipshits will get hit harder than the rest of America.  

All China will do is flood every other market with their products and cripple he US manufactured products.

The China tariffs are a bit crazy. When he first announced this plan, the general sentiment was that it shouldn’t be imposed on every country, but only the countries that were problematic in trade. The general belief, as I understood it, was that these tariffs should’ve been primarily against countries like China. Now China is taking the bandwagon-opportunity to hit back. Would it have played out differently if Trump had taken a more measured approach and only imposed tariffs on countries like China? I guess there’s no way to know, but this doesn’t really seem like it’s going to work out well.

Imagine this dude's reaction if Obama literally did the same thing and caused this guy to lose 35k a year. He would have probably taken his guns and drove to the Whitehouse.

But don't worry, his vote is "at risk."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Imagine this dude's reaction if Obama literally did the same thing and caused this guy to lose 35k a year. He would have probably taken his guns and drove to the Whitehouse.

Lulz.  You ruined my life and the lives of many just like me! Consider my yelp rating for you reduced to 4 stars, mister. 

6 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Much like McCain, he is "gravely concerned"

Sadly, 2/3 of the American people are going to learn more about basic economics due to trumps stupid trade war

Fixed it.

The other 1/3 will learn that the Japs and immigrants are to blame. We went through a horrible recession based on phony Wall Street investments and they blamed democrats and poor people. The best bad solution to prevent a total collapse of our economy -bailouts- also galvanized the Republican base. They’ll learn nothing.
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

At risk until Trump says something bad about the brown people. 

China isn’t going to get into a war with us. We need each other too much. Trump is not use to dealing with a group like this. Every other group has given him what he wants: a win. China is different. They can’t be seen as weak on the world economic stage.  

All Trump wants is to be able to say that he got something from China that the black guy couldn’t get. I am guessing China is trying to figure out what to do to make that happen without losing face. The problem with Trump is that he can’t not gloat on Twitter after it happens.  

trump voting soy farmer on NPR this morning (paraphrasing): I hope Trump doesn't put the tariff situation on the backs of farmers.  I hope his negotiating strategy and end goal includes us.

That's the problem.  They don't realize he has no strategy and has no end goal.  We are a year and a half in.  They need to take their blinders off.  They need to understand they were swindled by a carnival barker.

12 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i'm waiting for China to get fed up with his bullshit and say "You know what?  We're calling the debt due on all these Treasury bonds we own.  Payment in full is due tomorrow by 5:00 pm or consider yourself in default."

Want to know how I know that you have no idea how treasury bonds work?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, retread said:

Even if we "pull out" of Syria I bet we leave 10,000 troops behind and a dozen military bases.  It was announced just yesterday that we'll be building two new bases in Manbij.

https://aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/us-setting-up-2-bases-in-manbij-northern-syria/1106989

Our armed forces have more staying power than herpes.  

Edited by Fozzz

43 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i'm waiting for China to get fed up with his bullshit and say "You know what?  We're calling the debt due on all these Treasury bonds we own.  Payment in full is due tomorrow by 5:00 pm or consider yourself in default."

When you owe the bank $1M, the bank owns you.  When you owe the bank $1B, you own the bank.  

If anyone in the universe understands this, it's Donald Trump.

24 minutes ago, Washpark said:

last Q had treasuries being oversubscribed. 

With the tax plan, we are going to be pushing more supply to the market. The issue isn’t China selling, it is then buying more this year. We need them to increase their purchases. And I doubt they don’t. Again, this is all show by a school yard bully. 

35 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

trump voting soy farmer on NPR this morning (paraphrasing): I hope Trump doesn't put the tariff situation on the backs of farmers.  I hope his negotiating strategy and end goal includes us.

That's the problem.  They don't realize he has no strategy and has no end goal.  We are a year and a half in.  They need to take their blinders off.  They need to understand they were swindled by a carnival barker.

Yeah, the guy in charge of trade policy has multiple huge bankruptcies and had to close another business due to a class action fraud settlement.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's not just Trump it's the whole party over country and at this point party over self mentality that Rush, Fox News, etc have created.

I saw an interview yesterday with a teacher from Oklahoma who was protesting for raises and increased funding for students etc. He said that he has worked at Subway and Braums and as a cashier in addition to his teaching job to send his kid to college. When asked what his message is to lawmakers he replied "they need to work something out because midterms are coming and it they don't fix this they could run a fencepost with an R after their name and I would vote for them" 

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

It's not just Trump it's the whole party over country and at this point party over self mentality that Rush, Fox News, etc have created.

I saw an interview yesterday with a teacher from Oklahoma who was protesting for raises and increased funding for students etc. He said that he has worked at Subway and Braums and as a cashier in addition to his teaching job to send his kid to college. When asked what his message is to lawmakers he replied "they need to work something out because midterms are coming and it they don't fix this they could run a fencepost with an R after their name and I would vote for them" 

They've successfully created tribes that have nothing to do with facts, issues, or independent thinking.

You are a member of a tribe.  You are loyal to that tribe.  What that tribe actually does or stands for doesn't mean anything.  You vote for the tribe.  If the tribe is for fiscal restraint, you're for fiscal restraint.  If tomorrow, they are against fiscal restraint, you're against fiscal restraint.  All that matters is your tribe. 

Oh, and that you hate the "other."  Gotta hate the "other."  They've done a great job of lumping groups into the "other" -- evil mexicans (CRIME!), black folks (BLACK LIVES MATTERS IS TERRORISTS!), and liberals (literally everyone who doesn't pledge 100% loyalty to Donald Trump).  Funny thing is, when you add up all the folks included in the "other" group, you end up with something like 2/3 of the population.  But for that 1/3 they've got locked down, they are LOCKED DOWN.  That's why Trump's approval rating will never go below 35%.  There's literally nothing he can do to lose the loyalty of the tribe.