Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

11 hours ago, retread said:

I didn't know what it was, but I did believe that Kavanaugh was chosen and rammed through for something different from conservatism. Something sinister to help Trump and the GOPs who will be having trouble treading the rising water of their criminality.

Thanks for posting this. It's a shame the mass media are generally too dull and set in their ways to even see this story. They are too comfortable with the  usual right vs left narrative. They spend hours telling us the same thing over and over and never bother to go deeper.

For a GOP to vote down Rapist, Drunk Kavanaugh, he/she will have to be clean of the growing scandal. If the NRA and other organizations were conduits for Russian bribes to GOP campaigns, some office holders may be in jeopardy even if they didn't actually know that the money was Russian. If it's the NRA, then I imagine all GOPs are vulnerable.

I wish there were a McCain or Kucinich on the GOP side to vote his conscience. This upcoming case likely means Kavanaugh gets a pass unless there is a smoking gun superglued to his hand and his dick in a drunk minor.

How low can we go?

theabyss.jpg

On 9/29/2018 at 4:04 PM, brown water said:

So lying about service is a problem.  What about lying to avoid service?  I'll hang up and listen President Bone Spurs. 

Not even close to the same thing. Only a total douchebag would compare the two.

So a new trade agreement is a good thing and something that should be positive for him. But he just can't help himself. He has to make some asinine comment that makes him look like an idiot. And of course it's the press' fault that anybody makes any negative comments. 

Edited by Mo Horn

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So a new trade agreement is a good thing and something that should be positive for him. But he just can't help himself. He has to make some asinine comment that makes him look like an idiot. And of course it's the press' fault that anybody makes any negative comments. 

The problem for the Donald is, it's not really new. It's an update of NAFTA. In fact, it expands NAFTA, which is weird because the Donald is Murica first.

But I guess the important thing is to fool the base into thinking he negotiated a whole new deal which, incidentally, doesn't go into effect until 2020 and still has to be approved by Congress, which may or may not be willing to give the president a win by calling NAFTA something else. 

Gamble is potentially a big case in that the Supreme Court could hold that double jeopardy applies to state governments because they are not separate sovereigns under the law.  (this is currently an exception to double jeopardy under another case from I think about 60-70 years ago)  I think there are pros and cons for this in that one could argue that a state should not prosecute someone for the same crime that for example has already been convicted under federal law.  Some also argue that there are few federal and state law overlaps and that having no separate sovereign exception would have a fairly low impact overall.  Also keep in mind some states already have a law barring the state from putting on trial a person for the same crime that has already been convicted on the federal level.  On the other hand, in theory this could also mean that if someone receives a pardon from a federal conviction, this could bar states from prosecuting because they had already received a conviction.  This might be relevant in the context of presidential pardons in particular.   

18 minutes ago, sachick said:

What's so infuriating is that you can't do shit about being belittled. You just have to stand there and accept the insult.

I would have said I respectfully withdraw my question and sat down. Or turned around and left. 

You don't have to sit there and be insulted like that.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I would have said I respectfully withdraw my question and sat down. Or turned around and left. 

i would have asked "Can you, at least once, answer a question with a direct answer, without first insulting the person asking the question?"

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Nah, I would have stated that "I want that comment to hang in the air for a moment." And have uncomfortable silence for a few seconds, then ask my question. Point out what an idiot he is in a way he cannot really control.