Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So, just to be clear, posting obvious lies, then defending those lies, repeatedly, after being called out, is not subject to banning. Got it.

edit to add: Don't ignore him, fellow surls. Neg him repeatedly to bring the crowd source ban.

it's not a lie if he believes it.

seriously, that's a significant part of our voting public. 

that's where i struggle with posters like him and that tjhooker guy who shat all over a thread a couple of weeks ago. 

do i become the oppressive banning mod, or do we allow ourselves to see the actual psychosis of the trump defenders who definitely did not vote for him but find lib tears funny or something.

this is where i vacillate as a mod. on the one hand, it looks clear to me that atticus is not posting in good faith. 
on the other hand, there is a significant part of the electorate that acts and thinks like this poster, so banning him would be counter-productive. yall are well on your way to crowd sourcing him, though, and his history has been less than stellar overall, so i'm fine letting that be the outcome.
but it's definitely something for me to think about. 

Can you see if someone has multiple accounts?

Agent47 showed up out of nowhere recently and tried but failed to act like a stereotypical over the top liberal but the way he posted was very reminiscent of another new to the board poster. Just curious if my idiot radar was correct.

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Don't ignore him, fellow surls. Neg him repeatedly to bring the crowd source ban.

If you crowd source him he'll just come back with another name. Repeat ad infinitum. Let him scream into the darkness with no one of worth ever taking the time to respond to him.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't engage the troll.  Just neg him and be done.  He is not interested in an honest conversation, so fuck him.

I've given out more negs in the last 5 minutes than the last 5 months. 

I should have just hit ignore instead. That's on me.

Edited by RPM

13 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Notice that Hamhocks Huckabee is no longer going with "assaulted an intern", and is going with "refused to surrender a microphone".  They know that they were full of shit.

I wonder if she is subject to slander for stating that Acosta had assaulted or laid hands on an intern. She used the lying video as evidence. I wonder if they could even get the intern to say she was assaulted or had hands laid upon her.

Edited by RomaVicta

14 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

do i become the oppressive banning mod, or do we allow ourselves to see the actual psychosis of the trump defenders who definitely did not vote for him but find lib tears funny or something.

I side on not having a mod ban them, particularly if they are on the express neg train to Bolivia. Atticus' fate is largely sealed by vote of the people. 

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Agent47 showed up out of nowhere recently and tried but failed to act like a stereotypical over the top liberal but the way he posted was very reminiscent of another new to the board poster. Just curious if my idiot radar was correct.

it's increasingly difficult to see if someone has multiple accounts due to the ubiquity of the mobile network.

but agent looked clean to me on the IP addresses i clicked.

If you want to distract people from discussing serious or breaking news on message boards, Facebook, etc.,  you pay somebody in the Third World a small amount. They hop on message boards using proxies/VPNs and try to bog down discussion threads over technicalities concerning unrelated stories that happened days ago, but are still fresh enough to piss everybody off 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just don't really see the argument that he is the gateway to fascism in France when he ran against and beat a fascist (or at the very least an extreme nationalist).

Because his policies further hollow out the middle and lead more people to the far-right, which will at least feign to care about their worries.  In the face of secular stagnation you can't fight fascism with technocratism.  Only the left has the weapons needed to fight that kind of beast.

Edited by Fozzz

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I suspect I know who Agent47 is and he's posted here previously.  He's just being a little more restrained this time.  Slightly.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's not a lie if he believes it.

seriously, that's a significant part of our voting public. 

that's where i struggle with posters like him and that tjhooker guy who shat all over a thread a couple of weeks ago. 

I don't get this, or, I don't see it this way.  Saying 1+1=3 is a lie, period.  Believing it has nothing to do with it.  

A perspective that is reasonable and defensible, what the FL civic law calls fairly debatable, ok, not a lie.  But just any foolishness does not qualify (as the courts have held in civic due process cases).   You don't want to make a ruling without a clear bar, don't want to make it your judgement.  

I trust your judgement, Hayden

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

guys, he'll let us know when it's bad.  i feel better.

I think this confirms that Trump is still in the game.  When he barricaded himself and refused to make an appearance at two consecutive veteran memorials I was curious if he was recoiling in defeat.  But he wasn't.  He simply couldn't go out in the rain because of ... his hair.  The President of the United States was absent for two consecutive ceremonial layups because his own hair can be an obstacle in the wrong weather.  Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Lady Bird Johnson's beauty regimens provided them more mobility and weather options than Donald Trump's beauty regimen.  

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Jackie's husband's brains were on her jacket and she still made it to the inauguration of his successor.

That's just not fair, Mr. Fuck.  Those were strong women from a tough era.  It's an unreasonable measurement and too high of an expectation to insist that President Trump exhibit the same resiliency of the women from that era.  

8 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Jackie's husband's brains were on her jacket and she still made it to the inauguration of his successor.

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

That's just not fair, Mr. Fuck.  Those were strong women from a tough era.  It's an unreasonable measurement and too high of an expectation to insist that President Trump exhibit the same resiliency of the women from that era.  

just so we are all crystal clear: was this when america was great?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SameSame said:

STFU,  Your entire premise is dishonest.   You can't start from a position of dishonesty, then try to make everything fit into your lies.  STFU

While AtticusFinch is clearly wrong and/or an imbecile here, I’d like to point out, on other forums, the Trumpkins have really convinced each other the video wasn’t altered and wasn’t deceptive.

All I’m saying is there are people that really do live in that alternative reality.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

just so we are all crystal clear: was this when america was great?

Yes.  It was a time when men and women both could go outside in light rain.  Today men can't leave home unless you're transferred by vehicle directly into the tunnel of an arena in West Virginia or Ohio.  I suppose you're trying to convince us that you're some kind of superhuman badass and that you're impervious to rain on your hair.  You're real tough from that keyboard.    

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While AtticusFinch is clearly wrong and/or an imbecile here, I’d like to point out, on other forums, the Trumpkins have really convinced each other the video wasn’t altered and wasn’t deceptive.

All I’m saying is there are people that really do live in that alternative reality.

while it is easy for the rest of us who aren't complete fucking morons to read posts like those of Atticus Finch, TJHooker, and other Trump bootlickers and apologists and think, "there is no way anyone can be this fucking stupid in real life; this has to be a troll," there are actually lots of people - tens of millions of them - who are actually that stupid - in real life.  the chances are pretty good that a number of them will be posting on this very website, being completely sincere in their own eyes and minds while being exposed as obvious liars and charlatans with every word that they write to the rest of the world.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

what's up with this?

wow, the hen is running the fox house.

The president has also decided to remove Mira Ricardel, the top deputy for national security adviser John Bolton, officials said. A National Security Council spokeswoman declined to comment.

The president became involved in that decision at the urging of first lady Melania Trump, whose staff battled with Ms. Ricardel during the first lady’s trip to Africa last month over seating on the plane and requests to use National Security Council resources, according to people familiar with the matter.

The first lady’s team told the president that they suspect Ms. Ricardel is behind some negative stories about Ms. Trump and her staff.

Ms. Ricardel also repeatedly clashed with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and his Pentagon team over staffing decisions and policy differences, according to people familiar with the feud. That discord has created a chill in relations between Ms. Ricardel and Defense Department officials wary of her intentions, these people say.

Ms. Ricardel has served as a vital ally for Mr. Bolton as he settled into his West Wing role after taking the national security job in April. Mr. Bolton lost another loyalist last month when his longtime friend, Fred Fleitz, stepped down after serving just six months as chief of staff and executive secretary for the National Security Council.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/wsj-says-deputy-nsc-director-to-be-canned-over-spat-with-flotus

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

while it is easy for the rest of us who aren't complete fucking morons to read posts like those of Atticus Finch, TJHooker, and other Trump bootlickers and apologists and think, "there is no way anyone can be this fucking stupid in real life; this has to be a troll," there are actually lots of people - tens of millions of them - who are actually that stupid - in real life.  the chances are pretty good that a number of them will be posting on this very website, being completely sincere in their own eyes and minds while being exposed as obvious liars and charlatans with every word that they write to the rest of the world.

Yes, and if you go to their turf and challenge them like AtticusFinch did here, except in reverse, you too will be tagged a troll and possibly banned.  

This parallel universe effect is by design. 

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Yes.  It was a time when men and women both could go outside in light rain.  Today men can't leave home unless you're transferred by vehicle directly into the tunnel of an arena in West Virginia or Ohio.  I suppose you're trying to convince us that you're some kind of superhuman badass and that you're impervious to rain on your hair.  You're real tough from that keyboard.    

joke's on you, i recently shaved my head. i am impervious to rain on my hair! BOW BEFORE ME

Strange when the First Lady's staff announces a NSC firing.    Ricardel was an odd one.   Either she or her boss, Bolton, made some news in the spring by eliminating the need of a dedicated cyber security coordinator role on the National Security Council.  I'm sure the day to day duties were covered but they didn't want the presence on the NSC.

Could be a sign that Bolton is on shaky grounds as she was his hire.  Same for Kelly if Nielsen gets fired. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

All of these people are ghouls.  Can't Bolton just deploy U.S. troops to Yemen, Jordan, Syria and Qatar in peace?  

cross post to the say something positive about the Trump administration thread.  somehow we haven't managed to get ourselves into a bunch of wars.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Strange when the First Lady's staff announces a NSC firing.    Ricardel was an odd one.   Either she or her boss, Bolton, made some news in the spring by eliminating the need of a dedicated cyber security coordinator role on the National Security Council.  I'm sure the day to day duties were covered but they didn't want the presence on the NSC.

Could be a sign that Bolton is on shaky grounds as she was her hire.  Same for Kelly if Nielsen gets fired. 

Hillary Clinton predicted mass firings by Trump shortly after the midterms.