Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe Trump has just had it with being President and doesn't care about the ceremonial aspect of being head of state.

Makes me wonder.  He lost three states, four I’d you want to toss in AZ, last week that he can’t win without in 2020.  And the House is getting ready for January.  .

15 minutes ago, Chooky said:

He responded quickly -- with ignorant, rancorous bullshit two days ago.  He has been whipped into submission two days later to do his job.  Fuck this guy.

God, I so loath the bragging about the actual day to day things that a president has to do as part of their job as if it is some benevolent gesture coming from the recesses of his heart.

• Like 1

The following is all hearsay/conjecture and should be taken with a grain of salt.

There’s some speculation out there the BIG power players in the GOP are looking to push Trump out...somehow...I don’t know how, maybe forced resignation.

This includes people like Murdoch that feels like the long term viability of Fox News is in jeopardy if it keeps it’s wagon hitched to the Trump train. 

They see the writing on the wall with the midterms and want to move in a different direction for the preservation of the party/brand.

In short, they want to retain power but their current arsenal of weapons (Trump and everything that comes with it) isn’t going to cut it because it’s a dying movement.

However, they want to avoid alienating the Trump loyalists/base so they need to come up with a smooth exit strategy complete with narratives to soften the blow. This means they will blame the democrats as usual.

Again, this all speculation but it does make logical sense so I thought I’d share. 

I personally think the GOP is fucked either way but pulling the plug now to avoid the bigger catastrophe down the road does make sense.

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The following is all hearsay/conjecture and should be taken with a grain of salt.

There’s some speculation out there the BIG power players in the GOP are looking to push Trump out...somehow...I don’t know how, maybe forced resignation.

This includes people like Murdoch that feels like the long term viability of Fox News is in jeopardy if it keeps it’s wagon hitched to the Trump train. 

They see the writing on the wall with the midterms and want to move in a different direction for the preservation of the party/brand.

In short, they want to retain power but their current arsenal of weapons (Trump and everything that comes with it) isn’t going to cut it because it’s a dying movement.

However, they want to avoid alienating the Trump loyalists/base so they need to come up with a smooth exit strategy complete with narratives to soften the blow. This means they will blame the democrats as usual.

Again, this all speculation but it does make logical sense so I thought I’d share. 

I personally think the GOP is fucked either way but pulling the plug now to avoid the bigger catastrophe down the road does make sense.

In 2015-16, Team R saw this coming and did nothing at all.  Through primary season and the debates, they sat back and let this thing get bigger than the party. They embraced (at arms length) Trump and his merry band of degenerates. The genie is out of the bottle and it's not going back in.  A GOP civil war?  Trump's 35% or whatever isn't going to just sit back and take it.   

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

In 2015-16, Team R saw this coming and did nothing at all.  Through primary season and the debates, they sat back and let this thing get bigger than the party. They embraced (at arms length) Trump and his merry band of degenerates. The genie is out of the bottle and it's not going back in.  A GOP civil war?  Trump's 35% or whatever isn't going to just sit back and take it.   

Something else has happened over the last three years that has gone largely unnoticed.  The GOP base has become stronger because of Trump.  

When Trump showed up many of his supporters hated people like McConnell and Ryan, the GOP establishment types.  Since Trump has been in the White House, he has become the GOP establishment through things like tax cuts for the rich, Gorsuch, and Kavanaugh.  These moves brought the trumpkins back home to the GOP. 

Trump’s base will sit back and take whatever their thought leaders on Fox News tell them.  Where are they going to go? The democrats? Nah, they will come running to another GWB or Ted Cruz.

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump’s base will sit back and take whatever their thought leaders on Fox News tell them.  Where are they going to go? The democrats? Nah, they will come running to another GWB or Ted Cruz.

Trump teaming up with Sinclair to form Trump TV.  Just a thought.

Or joins forces with One America News.  Their production values are mid-80's, but their respective audience doesn't give a shit.  OANN is for those folks who think Fox News has become liberal leaning.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

34 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Murdoch is almost entirely to blame for Trump eventually becoming president. 

I’d argue the MSM is equally to blame by completely mishandling Trump in their coverage and normalizing him as a candidate.  Trump worked his voodoo on them by making the entire process a circus too ridiculous to take seriously.

God, I so loath the bragging about the actual day to day things that a president has to do as part of their job as if it is some benevolent gesture coming from the recesses of his heart.

What is it Chris Rock said?

A motherfucker doesn’t get a cookie for doing shit he’s supposed to do!

• Like 1

Murdoch, Russia and WikiLeaks is responsible for this. It's an international coup. A foriegn invasion. And the American right is the Mississippi Burning jury which allowed it. The KKK, the alt right, the white power nazi sympathizers, the Confederate rubes, the Russian bought NRA, this is the gang responsible for the demise of America.

The GOP and the Trump Presidency is a seditious scourge. It deserves to be over thrown and reviled by history. Just like the GWB voter. Just like the Tea Party stooge. Just like southern segregationist.

Half of America is the worst stripe of humanity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or it means FNC is hurting for advertising. I can’t see the Trumpy Bear folks spending as much as a car manufacturer, etc.

Its a bear with an American flag literally stuck up its ass. I don't think that they are bringing down major market spend. 

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So.  Tired.  Of.  Winning.

It is exhausting.

I don't know if was across all agencies (probably), but Trump's WH basically ignored the transition materials prepared during 2016 by the Obama administration.

Michael Lewis describes very little transition at Commerce, DOE, and Agriculture. There are several articles out there by him on this topic. Last I heard, 700 of the most important positions in govt remain unfilled.

Edited by retread

lol at marked safe from rain

This is one of those fool ass things people will continue to use to make fun of him and the kind of stuff that I suspect REALLY gets under his orange leathery skin.

And that article mentioned above about the DOE is TERRIFYING. If that happened - and of course it did - our government may take decades to repair. Beyond the obvious superficial recovery from cleaning up a place after a bunch of meth making redneck fucksausages move out.

Just the basic mundane, bureaucratic functions have been all fucked up and their shit’s all retarded.

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And that article mentioned above about the DOE is TERRIFYING. If that happened - and of course it did - our government may take decades to repair. 

Just the basic mundane, bureaucratic functions have been all fucked up and their shit’s all retarded.

Here's the detailed Vanity Fair article from Michael Lewis re: the mismanagement of the DOE transition

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/department-of-energy-risks-michael-lewis

Towards the end of the article, it describes the percolating environmental dangers posed at the Hanford site in Oregon.

Lewis has done at least one interview on NPR describing risk at the national level. Lewis' thesis is that people (voters) don't recognize or appreciate  risk when it goes from 1 in 1,000,000 to 1 in 10,000. They don't care.

The US government is the largest manager of risk ever, and it's being very poorly managed.

Edited by retread
  • Like 2