HBO Max streaming service

Saint Austin

On 3/18/2022 at 10:21 PM, Post Oak said:

2 eps so far of this one and it's pretty good.  A few too many dicks for my liking but some naked women to balance it out

Just noticed this when I went in to watch an episode of Peacemaker tonight. Will check this out.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:21 PM, Post Oak said:

2 eps so far of this one and it's pretty good.  A few too many dicks for my liking but some naked women to balance it out

Just watched the episodes available and I like the hell out of this cast. Story is well crafted and smart. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of  dicks. Fortunately, they're all smaller than mine so I'm not intimidated. I won't bow to the patriarchie.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Does it have the old Food Network shows where they actually cooked and wasn’t a stupid game show?

It’s got a ton of old and new ones that aren’t broadcast. The best cooking show right now is Magnolia Table. Joanna Gaines is very down to earth making food families eat. She shows her fuck ups and makes light of them.
  • Like 1

King Richard was pretty awesome. I didn't want to like it because I'm not a Will Smith fan but it was highly enjoyable.

<edit: for posterity's sake I would like to note that my post was early in the day of 3/27 and the academy awards were later that night. Also I had no idea that motherfucker was going to win an academy award for his performance...he was better than I expected but no way in hell did he deserve an award>

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

Phoenix Rising is two part doc about Marilyn Manson and his horrific treatment of women; Evan Rachel Wood and 13!others. His head on a stick would be fitting.

Julia is a new series about Julia Child’s life. She basically transformed the fortunes of public television. Very well done.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Phoenix Rising is two part doc about Marilyn Manson and his horrific treatment of women; Evan Rachel Wood and 13!others. His head on a stick would be fitting.

I mean this is the least horrible way possible, but do women date someone like Marilyn Manson expecting to be treated even decently?

• Like 1

Like, you don't marry Hope Solo because you expect a stable relationship and a great mother to your kids. You marry Hope Solo because the very real possibility that you wake up one morning with your balls chopped off and shoved down your throat keeps things spicy.

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Like, you don't marry Hope Solo because you expect a stable relationship and a great mother to your kids. You marry Hope Solo because the very real possibility that you wake up one morning with your balls chopped off and shoved down your throat keeps things spicy.

Staring George Costanza GIF

I mean this is the least horrible way possible, but do women date someone like Marilyn Manson expecting to be treated even decently?

If you each this and you see the same patterns we see over and over, especially in Hollywood and rock n roll. Marilyn Manson went after teen age girls and groomed them then terrorized them. Wood was 18 he was 32 when they started. Having been around battered women who are addicted to their pathetic abusive relationships it’s awful to see.

I have three granddaughters 7,4, and 3 and I pray they are able to be the strong women we are trying to make them, where they can twist the nuts off any scumbag that crosses the line.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:53 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Death on the Nile.

Gal Gatot.

Took me a while to see the Dr was Russel Brand. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him in a serious role before. Kept expecting his Aldous Snow character from Forgetting Sara Marshall/Get Him to the Greek

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Took me a while to see the Dr was Russel Brand. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him in a serious role before. 

I had to actually google who tf that was. And then was like, no fucking way. 

On 4/2/2022 at 12:04 PM, aggie08 said:

Or maybe you just have a thing for Arby's.

On 4/2/2022 at 12:04 PM, aggie08 said:

When you posted this, had you just read that the night before she'd gotten a DWI with her kids in the car?  Or, did you just assume that no one with a gash like that could be a good mom?

On 4/9/2022 at 8:04 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

The beginning was slooooow, but they had to set everything up I guess. The movie was fine once it got going, even if it was predictable. 

It was a gorgeous film.  Wish I could have sailed to Abu Simbel before the dam/relocation.

• Hook 'Em 1

I've spent the last 24 years studying medieval England from the conquest to the end of the Tudor dynasty, and ancient Rome, particularly the late Republic/early Principate.

I think Egypt is going to be my next area of endeavor.  The idea of a civilization/culture that was basically static for so many centuries is really enticing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Augustus said:

It was a gorgeous film.  Wish I could have sailed to Abu Simbel before the dam/relocation.

Really?  I thought the cgi looked like shit and the 1978 version shot on location looked better.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 5:04 AM, Post Oak said:

Wife and I started Starstruck last night on a whim.  It's witty and funny.  Pretty good. 

2 seasons of 6eps.  22mins and ep. 

Definitely bingeable.

Came here to post this.  We watched it over a few nights and really enjoyed it.  If you're looking for something easy to watch between all of the other stuff coming out this month, it's worth the time.

• 2 weeks later...
And here’s the trailer. This looks incredible.  There are a select few people who are ahead of their time.  Carlin was one  

I’m so old I remember George Carlin as the nerdish comic and then his return on Carson as the “hippie” comedian. Loved his stuff til he died.

Carson showcased so much comedic talent during his run. No one else is close.
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 9:48 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Southland has finally returned now on HBO. Originally on FX, it’s one of the best cop shows ever. I’m bingeing it again. Great writing and acting.

I may want to give this a rewatch. 

14 hours ago, Player said:

The Staircase is really good so far. Anyone else watching?

We just got through slogging through the 13 episodes on the Netflix documentary and I was kinda underwhelmed. Patterson is such an unlikable douchebag. 

Should I do the MAX version or nah?

On 5/16/2022 at 9:48 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Southland has finally returned now on HBO. Originally on FX, it’s one of the best cop shows ever. I’m bingeing it again. Great writing and acting.

*Season 1 on NBC and then TNT picked up when they cancelled it

And yeah it was a great show.  Michale Cudlitz, Regina King, Shawn Hatosy, C. Thomas Howell, and Ben McKenzie were all outstanding.

Edited by WBT

I may want to give this a rewatch. 

Just finished all of Southland. It is so powerful without commercials or a weekly cadence. It is very relevant today.

They also have the Closer which was a great show as well. About to watch it again and see how it works bingeing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bullzak said:

We just got through slogging through the 13 episodes on the Netflix documentary and I was kinda underwhelmed. Patterson is such an unlikable douchebag. 

Should I do the MAX version or nah?

The netflix doc was boring af. I watched portions of 2 episodes (1 and 9, the hearing to try to throw out the verdict) and that was all I could take. I don't know how you got through all 13 episodes. Must've been painful. I've heard the docudrama on hbomax is the far better between the 2 shows but I think you'd have to really be into the story to watch both shows. I'm going to skip it now that I know the story and ending.

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

I don't know how you got through all 13 episodes. Must've been painful.

It was the Bataan death march of television. Should have been 4 one hour episodes, tops. Despite all the shenanigans I didn't see anything that changed my mind either. In the end it was a self serving crap honestly.