COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

the only way this new normal ends for for everyone to get vax or everyone who doesn't get vax dies which means only people remaining are vaxxed. the damn thing is mutating every few months because selfish pricks refuse to get vax allowing the bug to hang around even longer and mutate. the only bad thing about it is that it's killing the unvaxed too slowly. i'm cheering for the bug. it'll take a few vaxxed along the way but will get rid of all the selfish pricks who allowed this shit to hang around.

edit: when you are unvaxed and get it, just don't go to the doctor. you thought you were too smart for the medical community, fuck you. wallow in your decision.

Why can’t the virus mutate in a vaccinated population? 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It's going to mutate regardless.  There is a large percentage of people in the world who won't take it because they cannot get it.  It's not going away.  The vaccine has way too many breakthrough cases of the vaccinated to kill off the virus even if 100% of the world population was vaccinated.  A LOL about getting people to comply with booster shots.

This is not the polio vaccine which basically eradicated it and offered near 100% efficacy against transmission.

The reason that this stuff is not analogous to polio is that non-human species are carriers, as well.  Vaccinate errbody -- this virus will still be around.

• Hook 'Em 1

It can mutate in an unvaxed or vaxed population. The virus replicates in both groups and mutations happen during replication. Mutations cannot be blamed on either group. 

If you can decrease transmissions, then you can decrease the number of mutations. Just slowing it down would be huge. Vaccinated populations will slow down transmissions.
  • Like 2

Mutations can occur in vaxxed of course  HOWEVER

the more the virus spreads and the longer it persists in an individual likely increases the opportunity for mutation.

Thus, a vaxxed population should slow the rate of mutation down considerably but not completely.

Not much about covid is black and white.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

Lol, looks like mark and Jack are now moderating the board.  My posts were deleted for poking fun at the idea of someone showing a fucking chart breaking down deaths into political categories?  But his posts talking about unvaxxed people needing to die stays up?

If only there were a forum where we could discuss the political aspects of an issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Cody2422 said:

Lol, looks like mark and Jack are now moderating the board.  My posts were deleted for poking fun at the idea of someone showing a fucking chart breaking down deaths into political categories?  But his posts talking about unvaxxed people needing to die stays up?

Mark and Jack? This isn’t Highlights magazine man.  If you need things broken down on that level I suggest Texags.  I should add, if you think vaccinated vs unvaccinated is a political thing, you are the problem.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Cody2422 said:

For having a name like Cody you deserve all the opprobrium thrown your way.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Mark and Jack? This isn’t Highlights magazine man.  If you need things broken down on that level I suggest Texags.  I should add, if you think vaccinated vs unvaccinated is a political thing, you are the problem.  

Definitely do not think that.  You wouldn’t know though because my posts were deleted.  I was simply calling out the guy saying that more republicans have died than democrats since the vaccine rollout. It’s a virus, it doesn’t give a shit about who You voted for

Tested positive this afternoon.  As did my wife.   Our son tested negative, but I am sure that will change.  Wife and I are both fully pfizered and the boy got his first shot last week.   Had mild symptoms early this week and tested negative on tuesday.  Took another test today just to be safe and boom.  I am a little congested as is my wife and our son is running a bit of fever but that is it.   Merry Christmas.

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

Definitely do not think that.  You wouldn’t know though because my posts were deleted.  I was simply calling out the guy saying that more republicans have died than democrats since the vaccine rollout. It’s a virus, it doesn’t give a shit about who You voted for

Yeah sorry I missed the post you referred to that was deleted. You are correct, it’s an equal opportunity killer, so get vaccinated.

On 12/14/2021 at 2:58 PM, MonkeyCigarette said:

Speaking of 2nd wave, I have now gotten Covid-19 twice (fully vaxxed). A guy in the office has had it 3x.

We are just going to have to normalize and live with the idea this isn't going away ever; it will forever mutate and live amongst us as the common cold. 

Gen Z gets it: 

Gen Z Is Done With the Pandemic

Though the specter of a new variant hangs over the holidays, young people have no plans to lock themselves down again.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/12/omicron-pandemic-fatigue-gen-z/620960/

As long as they vaccinate I don’t give a shit. But if they unvaxxed and take up hospital space, fuck’em. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, dmtx said:

All this means is the youngs in America will be fine, like they always have been. My oldest son in college just got Covid again. Probably his third time. Definitely second. He will be fine. 

The olds and the fats are about to get hit hard. And America has plenty of both. 

From Channel 4 in New York, seems like good news to me:

“But once again, city hospitalization numbers remain low. At the height of the pandemic, on average there were 1,600 patients being treated at city hospitals for COVID. In Dec. 2020, there were just 243; as of Monday, NYC hospitalizations were at just 43 — a 97 percent decrease from the pandemic peak.

"The omicron symptoms have been very mild. The impact on those vaccinated has been clinically mild. It's not converting to admissions to the hospital, or deaths," said Dr. Yves Derouseu, Emergency Services Director at Lenox Hill Hospital.”

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/this-is-a-whole-new-animal-breakthrough-infections-rattle-nyc-amid-omicron-surge/3456543/

Edited by Victor Lazlo
Don’t know why the text was bigger in separate paragraphs. Copied from the link
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Bravo said:

This is great! Seems like it isn't as deadly. We should all panic though. This is becoming the flu or cold. COVID virus is the common cold at it's base. That's why the vax didn't work. Books will be wrote on this. It is about treatment. No one knew but this is endemic. 

The vax didn’t work? That’s what you took from that article? Do you ever post anything that isn’t completely stupid? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Dude, I am vaxed. It works very well improving outcomes. I said that earlier. It isn't working very well at all stopping the spread. Now it looks like it may be completely ineffective at stopping the spread vs the new strain. You know it's OK to have a reasoned view of the vax. I see it as it is. Glad I took it but I am under no impression I am protected from getting it again. 

Thank you for letting us know you are vaxxed. Now certain posters don’t have to wish death upon you which is nice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I have a secret. I am partially vaxxed. I didn't think I needed 2 shots since I already had covid. I only had 1 Moderna. The horror! Neg away CR cabal. 

You have a very good chance at getting Omicron but most likely will have a mild illness. And you certainly will be contagious, very contagious.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bravo said:

I assume I'm going to get it with everything I am reading. Good thing is I bet with my natural immunity and whatever I may get from my 1 shot I'll be OK. I made it through my original infection. I'm not going to live my life scared. 

The data are pretty conclusive that if you have had COVID 1 shot = 2 in naive individuals.  That said, I would do the second as you are getting essentially a booster by just completing the primary series. 

• Like 1

the only way this new normal ends for for everyone to get vax or everyone who doesn't get vax dies which means only people remaining are vaxxed. the damn thing is mutating every few months because selfish pricks refuse to get vax allowing the bug to hang around even longer and mutate. the only bad thing about it is that it's killing the unvaxed too slowly. i'm cheering for the bug. it'll take a few vaxxed along the way but will get rid of all the selfish pricks who allowed this shit to hang around.

edit: when you are unvaxed and get it, just don't go to the doctor. you thought you were too smart for the medical community, fuck you. wallow in your decision.

Damn dude, maybe get off the internet for a while.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Moderna vaxxed x2 

Last Friday i was on a flight with a dude coughing his lungs out...(My gut tells me it was his inconsiderate ass)

This past Wednesday i had symptoms of what I thought was a cold...

Thursday had a terrible cough...fever wanted to hit but never did, i felt my body fight it off...

Friday a bit of daria(sic) and lost sense of smell....

Today i tested positive...I took 5000u/i of vitamin D and shit ton of C and few of zinc...I'm drinking plenty of water

What else do you opinionated assholes know that i should do....thanks i'll hang up and listen.

Edited by RollLeft

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

Moderna vaxxed x2 

Last Friday i was on a flight with a dude coughing his lungs out...(My gut tells me it was his inconsiderate ass)

Thursday had a terrible cough...fever wanted to hit but never did, i felt my body fight it off...

Today i tested positive...I took 5000u/i of vitamin D and shit ton of C and few of zinc...I'm drinking plenty of water

What else do you opinionated assholes know that i should do....thanks i'll hang up and listen.

First make sure your affairs are in order. Second, make an effort to say goodbye to family.

• Haha 2

On 12/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, burdine said:

Mutations can occur in vaxxed of course  HOWEVER

the more the virus spreads and the longer it persists in an individual likely increases the opportunity for mutation.

Thus, a vaxxed population should slow the rate of mutation down considerably but not completely.

Not much about covid is black and white.

This is correct.  The thought is a lot of these variants are coming from unvaxxed immunocompromised individuals that have persistent long lasting infections.  This allows the virus to have a huge number of replication cycles thus increasing the odds a random mutation will occur which leads to a competitive benefit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Moderna vaxxed x2 

If you are in a higher risk category you can try to get a monoclonal antibody infusion, but if you are healthy you should clear the infection in a couple of days thanks to your prior vaccination.  

Moderna vaxxed x2 

I'm certainly no Anthony Fauci, but here's my advice:

Stay home if you're sick. 

Once you're not sick, go live life.

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dontshootrude said:

This is correct.  The thought is a lot of these variants are coming from unvaxxed immunocompromised individuals that have persistent long lasting infections.  This allows the virus to have a huge number of replication cycles thus increasing the odds a random mutation will occur which leads to a competitive benefit.  

Didn't you post an article awhile back on the subject? I think it was when you first started posting on COVID.

The vaccines are not directly responsible for the mutations occurring in SAS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. 

Viruses mutate at a predictable frequency. We use that predictable mutation rate to determine where a virus came from, and how long ago it emerged. 

The ability of the SARs-CoV-2 virus to mutate and create new variants is mostly dependent on the amount of virus replicating. In other words, when there are more people infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, there is more possibility for mutations to occur and new variants to arise. 

The timeline for this claim also doesn't add up. The most problematic variant we've dealt with so far, the delta variant, was first isolated in October 2020 in India, from a sample collected in September 2020. India didn't begin a public vaccination campaign until Jan. 16, 2021. 

Below I've outlined all the variants of concern currently in the U.S., along with their country of origin, earliest sample date and when public vaccination began in each country. 

Alpha

• Location first detected: United Kingdom
  • Earliest sample date: Sept. 3, 2020
  • The U.K.'s vaccination efforts began Dec. 8, 2020

Beta

• Location first detected: South Africa
  • Earliest sample date: Sept. 1, 2020
  • South Africa's vaccination efforts began Feb. 17, 2021

Gamma

• Location first detected: Brazil
  • Earliest sample date: Oct. 1, 2020
  • Brazil's vaccination efforts began Jan. 18, 2021

Delta

• Location first detected: India
  • Earliest sample date: Sept. 22, 2020
  • India's vaccination efforts began Jan. 16, 2021

As you can see, all of the mutations we're currently dealing with emerged well before the COVID-19 vaccines were publicly available. Learn more about the variants of concern in the U.S. 

Vaccinating a large portion of the population will reduce the overall number of infections. Reducing the number of infections reduces the opportunities the virus has to mutate into new variants

Getting vaccinated, and encouraging your loved ones to get vaccinated, is the best way to prevent more dangerous future mutations. 

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/are-leaky-vaccines-causing-the-new-covid-19-mutations

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dontshootrude said:

If you are in a higher risk category you can try to get a monoclonal antibody infusion, but if you are healthy you should clear the infection in a couple of days thanks to your prior vaccination.  

Yes this is true . Since you are vaccinated you will likely be able to overcome the daria and loss of smell. If you weren’t vaccinated though, well let’s just say your chances of overcoming that type of illness is almost zero.

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Didn't you post an article awhile back on the subject? I think it was when you first started posting on COVID.

The vaccines are not directly responsible for the mutations occurring in SAS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. 

Viruses mutate at a predictable frequency. We use that predictable mutation rate to determine where a virus came from, and how long ago it emerged. 

The ability of the SARs-CoV-2 virus to mutate and create new variants is mostly dependent on the amount of virus replicating. In other words, when there are more people infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, there is more possibility for mutations to occur and new variants to arise. 

The timeline for this claim also doesn't add up. The most problematic variant we've dealt with so far, the delta variant, was first isolated in October 2020 in India, from a sample collected in September 2020. India didn't begin a public vaccination campaign until Jan. 16, 2021. 

Below I've outlined all the variants of concern currently in the U.S., along with their country of origin, earliest sample date and when public vaccination began in each country. 

Alpha

• Location first detected: United Kingdom
  • Earliest sample date: Sept. 3, 2020
  • The U.K.'s vaccination efforts began Dec. 8, 2020

Beta

• Location first detected: South Africa
  • Earliest sample date: Sept. 1, 2020
  • South Africa's vaccination efforts began Feb. 17, 2021

Gamma

• Location first detected: Brazil
  • Earliest sample date: Oct. 1, 2020
  • Brazil's vaccination efforts began Jan. 18, 2021

Delta

• Location first detected: India
  • Earliest sample date: Sept. 22, 2020
  • India's vaccination efforts began Jan. 16, 2021

As you can see, all of the mutations we're currently dealing with emerged well before the COVID-19 vaccines were publicly available. Learn more about the variants of concern in the U.S. 

Vaccinating a large portion of the population will reduce the overall number of infections. Reducing the number of infections reduces the opportunities the virus has to mutate into new variants

Getting vaccinated, and encouraging your loved ones to get vaccinated, is the best way to prevent more dangerous future mutations. 

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/are-leaky-vaccines-causing-the-new-covid-19-mutations

Probably? It is hard to keep track.  There have been a few interesting manuscripts on the subject.  This one comes to mind where they saw COVID evolution in a single immunocompromised patient receiving convalescent plasma treatment:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03291-y

Edited by Dontshootrude

33 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

Yes this is true . Since you are vaccinated you will likely be able to overcome the daria and loss of smell. If you weren’t vaccinated though, well let’s just say your chances of overcoming that type of illness is almost zero.

I doubt the daria was part of the deal.  I think i just ate some pizza that didn't sit well.  Only one of my shits was, not so much runny, just soft.  At least compared to most daria episodes, in years past, i've had.   The cough has tempered and i can breathe fine, on day 8, for now.  

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

I doubt the daria was part of the deal.  I think i just ate some pizza that didn't sit well.  Only one of my shits was, not so much runny, just soft.  At least compared to most daria episodes, in years past, i've had.   The cough has tempered and i can breathe fine, on day 8, for now.  

That’s great to hear. Stay strong, friend. My prayers are with you.

ea550165ad3a6f23783c772515612250.jpg

Edit: dammit. did not read entire thread before posting
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1