Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

11 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I know many guys like that. I tell them I didn’t like Hillary and voted for her anyway even though I’m in Texas and it didn’t matter, and that before I knew how bad Trump really was.

They say they won’t vote for trump but won’t vote for Biden either. I tell them that’s being a pussy. Make a choice. Don’t know if it works or not. 

At this point if they stay home and don’t vote (they’ll go out and vote for trump in secrecy) I’m willing to consider that progress. 

19 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Libertarians are those who have no clue what the answers are, so they espouse a policy of no answers/no regulation/no government.  They even developed their own party to support this idea.  That way they have someone to vote for, safely knowing their candidate has no chance.  But they can say they did their duty.  They voted.  

When whoever wins and tries to solve things with answers/regulations/government and it fails partially or completely, then they can sit back and say "We told you so.  Tell us how smart we are now."  

The plan is not to ever actually accomplish anything, but to boost egos of those too afraid to actually try to make anything better.  

They bring nothing of substance to the maintenance of our country.

Glibertarians.

Ralph Nader and this kind of shit philosophy yielded eight years of W/Cheney and more perpetual war.  Godammit.  In my dumbass state, if only ten percent more minority registered Dems had voted (presumably for Al), what a different world it would be.  Gore would have carried AL, our paltry electoral votes would have put him over 270 and the hanging chads wouldn't have mattered.  Assuming the results will be counted correctly, there's still time.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Libertarians are those who have no clue what the answers are, so they espouse a policy of no answers/no regulation/no government.  They even developed their own party to support this idea.  That way they have someone to vote for, safely knowing their candidate has no chance.  But they can say they did their duty.  They voted.  

When whoever wins and tries to solve things with answers/regulations/government and it fails partially or completely, then they can sit back and say "We told you so.  Tell us how smart we are now."  

The plan is not to ever actually accomplish anything, but to boost egos of those too afraid to actually try to make anything better.  

Bullshit. They are the only thing standing between you and the nanny state making you a continental breakfast, whether you want it or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Bullshit. They are the only thing standing between you and the nanny state making you a continental breakfast, whether you want it or not.

Yet Johnson won the nomination. Obviously the anti-toaster crowd isn't representative of the party.

22 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

It's like people never read Orwell.

Speaking of Orwell, I recall a young libertarian F250 writing a paper on Orwell and a critique of existentialism my Sophomore year in college. I was binge reading Popper and smoking a lot of pot at the time and I had some serious issues with continental philosophy and blamed it for the demise of Western Liberal Democracy. I remember explaining my paper to my professor and it looked something like this.

spacer.png

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's like people never read Orwell.

Speaking of Orwell, I recall a young libertarian F250 writing a paper on Orwell and a critique of existentialism my Sophomore year in college. I was binge reading Popper and smoking a lot of pot at the time and I had some serious issues with continental philosophy and blamed it for the demise of Western Liberal Democracy. I remember explaining my paper to my professor and it looked something like this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This guy is awesome

also libertarians are the “intellectual” version of the wal-mart fatasses decked out in paramilitary gear

The governor should call in the national guard to hunt down and remove those terrorists.

Not sure if anyone is familiar with Radley Balko but he has been banging on this drum years before it was something people wanted to talk about. Actually this entire topic is in the Libertarian wheelhouse and pretty much the meat and potatoes of Libertarianism for fucking ever. I doubt a month has passed in the past 20 years where Reason or Cato has not dropped an article on Prison reform, drug war, militarization of the police CJR, immigration, ICE, DHS, Patriot Act, etc...

For those new to the passion about law enforcement abuse but criticize Libertarians, you are like a person who discovered salads and want to smugly look down on vegetarians because they eat fish.

Progressives have been all over this forever too but moderates and centrists not so much. This abuse in Portland happened through the justification of the bipartisan support of the Homeland Security Act, thanks a lot Biden. Bernie being cool was against it of course.

To centrist and moderates fuck you, not progressives, y'all are cool.

spacer.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

The governor should call in the national guard to hunt down and remove those terrorists.

The governor is in a tight spot here.  Oregon as a whole leans left but eastern and southern Oregon (below Eugene) is pretty conservative.  Oregon has a QANON dork running for the Senate this year and a slip on how to deal with this could help that idiot.

That being said, if I were her, I would bring in the NG and have them around in the protest zone.   If they see something like what has been happening go down, instruct them to intervene.  Trump wants the governor's to step up.  Well, here we go.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

The governor is in a tight spot here.  Oregon as a whole leans left but eastern and southern Oregon (below Eugene) is pretty conservative.  Oregon has a QANON dork running for the Senate this year and a slip on how to deal with this could help that idiot.

That being said, if I were her, I would bring in the NG and have them around in the protest zone.   If they see something like what has been happening go down, instruct them to intervene.  Trump wants the governor's to step up.  Well, here we go.

Have the NG engage the feds?  I’m not sure thats even possible. They ultimately fall under the CiC, right?

21 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Have the NG engage the feds?  I’m not sure thats even possible. They ultimately fall under the CiC, right?

They only fall under his authority if he exercises it per the Constitution (Article II Section 2.)  Each governor has control unless that happens.  If he did so to keep control from Brown we'd have a very interesting situation. 

28 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Didn't a state use their NG to protect medical equipment for Covid from being confiscated from the feds?

I am not sure what happens if POTUS tries to assert control over the NG in direct conflict with a Governor but it sounds like a recipe for a constitutional crisis. In order words, a typical day in the era of Trump.

Holy fuck, these past several years have been a beating.

• Like 1

Didn't a state use their NG to protect medical equipment for Covid from being confiscated from the feds?
I am not sure what happens if POTUS tries to assert control over the NG in direct conflict with a Governor but it sounds like a recipe for a constitutional crisis. In order words, a typical day in the era of Trump.
Holy fuck, these past several years have been a beating.

I’m so ready to go a few days without thinking about the President of the United States. I think one of the things working against trump is just a general weariness related to his penchant for doing fucked up stuff to distract from the last fucked up stuff.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yuk said:

I’m so ready to go a few days without thinking about the President of the United States. I think one of the things working against trump is just a general weariness related to his penchant for doing fucked up stuff to distract from the last fucked up stuff.

Agreed. It's like looking after a room full of toddlers where you go from one mess to the next because as you are cleaning up one area they are wrecking shop in another area.

Hopefully a majority of the electorate have reached Schwarzenegger frustration from kindergarten cop.

200.gif

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Wasn't there some guy, a lot of people hadn't ever heard of him, who has been doing a lot of great things? Fred somebody?

19 hours ago, Celery Man said:

This guy is awesome

also libertarians are the “intellectual” version of the wal-mart fatasses decked out in paramilitary gear

Fuck is that guy on PCP?

23 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

so you want them to apologize for not supporting a nanny-state?  LOLz'

Expecting people to act like responsible human beings is so fucking scary, as well as  a gross overestimation of what many citizens actually want right now.  I can see how you feel threatened by such outlooks on life.

14 hours ago, F250 said:

Agreed. It's like looking after a room full of toddlers where you go from one mess to the next because as you are cleaning up one area they are wrecking shop in another area.

Hopefully a majority of the electorate have reached Schwarzenegger frustration from kindergarten cop.

Nah, the electorate is busy watching different shit shows/ distractions and are focused on anything BUT accountability/ solving corruption of lifelong politicians/ idiot citizens who think destroying shit is progress.

27 minutes ago, slorch said:

so you want them to apologize for not supporting a nanny-state?  LOLz'

Expecting people to act like responsible human beings is so fucking scary, as well as  a gross overestimation of what many citizens actually want right now.  I can see how you feel threatened by such outlooks on life.

279e4e3e-0127-4ef4-8cad-5689fed37f6f_tex

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Moms in bike helmets protecting younger people chanting "ACAB - All Cops Are Bastards"

Feels so fucking good.

"bUt My CuShY fEdErAl jOb!"

And to think, just a couple of years ago even just “Abolish ICE!” sounded beyond impossible.

Just catching up on this after being relatively unplugged over the weekend.

This shit is ridiculous and blatantly unconstitutional. Any other President would be impeached over this. I'm sure the saxks and onboards of the world are masturbating furiously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Just catching up on this after being relatively unplugged over the weekend.

This shit is ridiculous and blatantly unconstitutional. Any other President would be impeached over this. I'm sure the saxks and onboards of the world are masturbating furiously.

Oh they're already giving excuses for it (and by they, I mean dishonest right wingers in general, so maybe not them specifically as I neither know nor care what their flatulence about this is). They're saying "well they're destroying federal property and they have probable cause to arrest them!" It's just total bootlicker bullshit.