Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

Signature wins should be somewhat memorable. Who remembers them beating any of those teams other than the Alabama flukes?

"Oh yes, I remember that Aggie game against Kentucky. I caught it on the TV and I'm so glad I did. Wish I'd been there!"

"Oh man, don't forget that street fight against Auburn last year when the Tiger/War Eagles/Plainsmen were believed to be pretty good and A&M whupped 'em."

Signature wins? Boise State over OU in that wild bowl game. Clemson's national title game. Georgia finally beating Alabama. App State beating Michigan and A&M. Michigan beating OSU last year was a signature win for that program. Had we beat Alabama it would have been a signature win for us.

The win should mean something. Billy just decided to dilute the definition to beating any team presently or formerly ranked.

Amusingly, I googled signature win. A Texags thread from 2010 is at the top. This is a pretty good definition:

image.png.c202e8df54a242b6fe201074ed1f692b.png

Another aspect mentioned is that it reflects the uniqueness of the team. I'll throw the Aggies a bone and say that them beating a good team 17-0 during the Wrecking Crew days would have been a signature win.

Texas rushing for 300 yards to win a big game would have been signature in the Wishbone days.

Poor Billy, no signature wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Signature wins should be somewhat memorable. Who remembers them beating any of those teams other than the Alabama flukes?

"Oh yes, I remember that Aggie game against Kentucky. I caught it on the TV and I'm so glad I did. Wish I'd been there!"

"Oh man, don't forget that street fight against Auburn last year when the Tiger/War Eagles/Plainsmen were believed to be pretty good and A&M whupped 'em."

Signature wins? Boise State over OU in that wild bowl game. Clemson's national title game. Georgia finally beating Alabama. App State beating Michigan and A&M. Michigan beating OSU last year was a signature win for that program. Had we beat Alabama it would have been a signature win for us.

The win should mean something. Billy just decided to dilute the definition to beating any team presently or formerly ranked.

Amusingly, I googled signature win. A Texags thread from 2010 is at the top. This is a pretty good definition:

Another aspect mentioned is that it reflects the uniqueness of the team. I'll throw the Aggies a bone and say that them beating a good team 17-0 during the Wrecking Crew days would have been a signature win.

Texas rushing for 300 yards to win a big game would have been signature in the Wishbone days.

OU and UGA in 2018 felt like signature wins for Tom Herman when they happened. But they turned out to be the high points of his tenure rather than program-changing events. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Miami was gashing aggy in the run game getting 5-6-7+ yards regularly but never stuck with it.  Cristobal gonna' Cristobal I guess.  Little Briles will call a much better game than Miami did against them.  Arky pass defense is trash, but so is aggy pass offense.  Arky by about 10-13.

Aren't they missing some of their higher level secondary players. Sanders should have a field day, he's already at 5.5 sacks. Should easily get a few more this weekend. Damn, what he would mean to this pass rush instead of Oghoufo.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Aren't they missing some of their higher level secondary players. Sanders should have a field day, he's already at 5.5 sacks. Should easily get a few more this weekend. Damn, what he would mean to this pass rush instead of Oghoufo.

Catalon is out rest of the year.  Miles Slusher got hurt in game 1, but I think came back last week.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Catalon is out rest of the year.  Miles Slusher got hurt in game 1, but I think came back last week.

Damn, did Herman fuck up that recruitment. Catalon in this secondary likely leads to bowl eligibility last year, if he could stay healthy.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

Fc-HvikWYAIWpZL?format=jpg&name=mediumFc-HyHkWAAAqi5-?format=jpg&name=mediumFc-H0xHXwAA3hJu?format=jpg&name=mediumFc-H3GxXgAAwTod?format=jpg&name=mediumFc-HxpoX0AA-s3H?format=jpg&name=mediumFc-H0VAWYAE1QV5?format=jpg&name=mediumFc-H2gWWIAA2d-I?format=jpg&name=medium

I’m always impressed with how quick their mods are to suggest a direct conversation whenever they get the least bit of pushback. Not sure if it was mentioned before, but last week the texags host lost his shit with a YouTube poster during the show, challenged the poster to come say it to his face, later reiterated it in the comments, and then got reprimanded on air by Liucci for being thin-skinned and not moving on. It was entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The thing about signature wins is that you have to consolidate them afterward. They may have had some “signature wins” but they then proceeded to shit the bed in subsequent outings. That program really is the exemplification of premature ejaculation. Poor things, they’ve been afflicted for eight decades now. It’s all they know.

Btw, I’m a bit weird—the last two signature wins I associate with Texas are Michigan in the Rose Bowl (beating SC was a reiteration that VY is the greatest damn player to ever grace a college football field) and Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl (would’ve been OU that year if Gideon secured that interception in Lubbock). Both were consolidated the following season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/17/2022 at 4:12 PM, closetojumping said:

I don’t. I can say with 100% certainty that as of early this summer, he took Stewart’s bullshit during the 2022 recruiting cycle personally and had the opinion that Stewart was going to be all kinds of problems for ATM. Maybe his opinion changes later, but the dude was predicting this kind of shit. 

That’s great but I’ve actually met Evan Stewart. 

• Haha 8

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Miami was gashing aggy in the run game getting 5-6-7+ yards regularly but never stuck with it.  Cristobal gonna' Cristobal I guess.  Little Briles will call a much better game than Miami did against them.  Arky pass defense is trash, but so is aggy pass offense.  Arky by about 10-13.

Miami RBs did ok in the Bill C Advanced Box Score rushing portion:

image.png.6ee70101d6c624db0a61bccd0d92e6f4.png

full box

Spoiler

FdB71UdXEAQ3tpm?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Game on Paper: https://gameonpaper.com/cfb/game/401403890

super non explosive, basically right at average (47th percentile in EPA/rush) + A&M was terrible on run stuff rate.

image.png.52c85f19f0310affc495676d03c878ed.png

betting we see A&M's offense continue to drop by the way - they finished last year as the #59 OFEI team and right now (only through 2 weeks) were #58 lol guess King wasn't the answer in any metrics.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The only thing I remember about this game is that if the UK QB could have made a single, solitary, uno forward pass, UK would have won that game.  Not a doubt in my mind.  1 forward pass...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fong saying he's hearing FSU for Hykeem Williams

One of the Gomers on the 247 board was throwing a tantrum about it basically calling Tallahassee a dump.

Someone who went to Collie Station....on purpose had the stones to say that. Irony, table for 1.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

One of the Gomers on the 247 board was throwing a tantrum about it basically calling Tallahassee a dump.

Someone who went to Collie Station....on purpose had the stones to say that. Irony, table for 1.

What do you expect from them?  They call our stadium an asymmetrical mess. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TBGFL said:

Nothing you said is wrong, but I do want to make something perfectly clear:

Tallahassee is a fucking dump. In fact, there's a lot of similar looking cube architecture on Tallahassee as you see on the aTm campus. 

But if College Station stacked itself up on a mile of milk crates they'd still be looking up painfully at anything classified as "Just a dump." Because it's a fetid shithole. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nothing you said is wrong, but I do want to make something perfectly clear:

Tallahassee is a fucking dump. In fact, there's a lot of similar looking cube architecture on Tallahassee as you see on the aTm campus. 

But if College Station stacked itself up on a mile of milk crates they'd still be looking up painfully at anything classified as "Just a dump." Because it's a fetid shithole. 

Yup. Tallahassee blows, but College Station doesn't exactly have the FSU/FAMU party scene.

17 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

What - 20 points a game (108th in the country) doesn't excite you?  What if I told you it was against an FCS team, App ST, and Miami?  

Texas A&M is down to #62 OFEI team in the country. somehow their underlying OFEI metrics are even worse

• Offensive Drive Efficiency is 96th in the country (!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Points per Drive is 111st in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Available Yards Percentage (drive yards / drive yards available based on starting field position) is 104th in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Points per Play is 86th in the country
  • Offensive TD Rate is 104th in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Value Drive Rate (% of offfensive drives that conclude wit ha drive end value greater than start value based on starting field position) is 107th (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • First Down rate is 78th
  • Busted Drive rate is 36th
  • Turnover Rate is 60th

https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-ofei

Iowa is #86 in OFEI but underlying metrics have them as 105 in ODE, 101 in Points per Drive, 106 in available yards %, 100 in points per play, 100 in TD rate, 109 in value drive rate, 65th in 1st down rate, 27th in busted drive rate, 72 in turnover rate.
as a reminder they still have to play some STOUT defenses. Miss St is #10 in DFEI, Bama is #3, Ole Miss is #22, Florida is #24, LSU is #19. even the less good defenses they face are still ok - Auburn is #34, Arkansas is #45.

the next 3 weeks of Arky/@Miss St/@Alabama is going to be a tough stretch.

their offense is somehow going to look even more putrid as the preseason projections fall off.

it's going to kill their offensive metrics and hurt them recruiting wise even more.

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, NoName said:

Texas A&M is down to #62 OFEI team in the country. somehow their underlying OFEI metrics are even worse

• Offensive Drive Efficiency is 96th in the country (!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Points per Drive is 111st in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Available Yards Percentage (drive yards / drive yards available based on starting field position) is 104th in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Offensive Points per Play is 86th in the country
  • Offensive TD Rate is 104th in the country (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Value Drive Rate (% of offfensive drives that conclude wit ha drive end value greater than start value based on starting field position) is 107th (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • First Down rate is 78th
  • Busted Drive rate is 36th
  • Turnover Rate is 60th

https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-ofei

Iowa is #86 in OFEI but underlying metrics have them as 105 in ODE, 101 in Points per Drive, 106 in available yards %, 100 in points per play, 100 in TD rate, 109 in value drive rate, 65th in 1st down rate, 27th in busted drive rate, 72 in turnover rate.
as a reminder they still have to play some STOUT defenses. Miss St is #10 in DFEI, Bama is #3, Ole Miss is #22, Florida is #24, LSU is #19. even the less good defenses they face are still ok - Auburn is #34, Arkansas is #45.

the next 3 weeks of Arky/@Miss St/@Alabama is going to be a tough stretch.

their offense is somehow going to look even more putrid as the preseason projections fall off.

it's going to kill their offensive metrics and hurt them recruiting wise even more.

Should've used more exclamation points

• Haha 2