Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, NoName said:

"Mike assured us that they got what they wanted in Texas A&M because they got the Texas market, and they got a school which was very compatible with SEC schools."

Loftin's use of the word "assured" from a conversation that took place well before Texas and OU were even a part of the SEC expansion betrays so much insecurity. Not surprising in the least just interesting he'd say the quiet part out loud. 

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They're in the backup plan death spiral where your backups are going to the schools that actually recruited them and you end up with Max Merril

Catching up on this, I was recalling how smug the Aggies were in the summer. We're going for top guys. If we don't get those, we'll have to settle for 4-stars. Jimbo knows what he is doing.

There was also the rationalization about their small class at the time. Jimbo knows this is a small class, so he's being very picky.

There's still a lag for most of them to see what is really there to see. If you're not the son of an Aggie, you're not hoping and dreaming of playing for A&M. Has anyone ever heard anyone refer to A&M as their dream school? I won't deny that all teams pick up fans and catch the fancy of various players. This goes for A&M, too. But nobody dreams of Aggie. 

Now they're a national joke likely to remain so.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

There's still a lag for most of them to see what is really there to see. If you're not the son of an Aggie, you're not hoping and dreaming of playing for A&M. Has anyone ever heard anyone refer to A&M as their dream school? I won't deny that all teams pick up fans and catch the fancy of various players. This goes for A&M, too. But nobody dreams of Aggie. 

There are 1-4 solid suburban white OL every year that earnestly did dream about playing for aggy. Unfortunately for them, this is a year with only one of them (Thomasson) when they could have really really used 4.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It's an amazing shit fire. I don't think I've ever been anywhere near as low about Texas as I would be about A&M if I were an Aggie. 

I have an Aggie BIL, great guy, and nephews. We never goad each other or talk shit. I never pull for the Aggies, but I do feel good for them when the Aggies are doing well. I can't help but sympathize with Aggies like that. 

Such a nightmare that they can't make a change. I love watching it because of their culture of pathologically hating and demonizing us. No other school obsesses like they do.  It's hard to explain to people who don't know. They think I'm just ragging on a rival. I point out that I don't feel the same way about OU or Arkansas or any other school we play. They're all basically college students just like we are. The differences are subtle between other schools. No such thing as subtle in Aggie world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Catching up on this, I was recalling how smug the Aggies were in the summer. We're going for top guys. If we don't get those, we'll have to settle for 4-stars. Jimbo knows what he is doing.

There was also the rationalization about their small class at the time. Jimbo knows this is a small class, so he's being very picky.

Now they're a national joke likely to remain so.

Do Aggy Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

They are going to get some guys this week that'll look good to the eye like this QB, maybe the TE from Stanford, and another one or two and Looch and company will boast about Jimbo the great on the recruiting front.

No way that QB stays two years behind Weigman, probably in the portal this time next year.