Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

22 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Looch is indeed saying this, then we should expect a few more surprises right?

Screenshot_20221216-122732_Chrome.jpg

Interesting spin he put on it. A few days ago someone here said what is really going to happen. The poster basically said wait till players go home and start catching crap for being part of a dumpster fire. 

19 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Interesting spin he put on it. A few days ago someone here said what is really going to happen. The poster basically said wait till players go home and start catching crap for being part of a dumpster fire. 

Out of state mercs aren't very loyal, who knew?

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Things aren’t great for Aggie now, but it’s not a disaster yet. Now if Weigman and/or a few other top players were to portal then the CTJ comment about the very best leaving too would come to fruition. I would like to see this. 

Their disaster is existential. Deep down in their hearts, they don't believe anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Things aren’t great for Aggie now, but it’s not a disaster yet. Now if Weigman and/or a few other top players were to portal then the CTJ comment about the very best leaving too would come to fruition. I would like to see this. 

A couple of key guys from last class hitting the portal over the holiday break should be enough to push Billy over the edge of madness. I would very much love to see this. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I don't think people necessarily around college football think Texas is a rising program under Sarkisian. He's never proven it. For all the shit they talk over there in Austin on Twitter and stuff, their record last two years is 5-7, 8-4. It's the same at A&M. Now, they'll say, well, we went from 5-7. You also have a coach that's never done a damn thing. In fact, he's actually done the opposite of a damn thing as a head coach twice.

I get that Sarkisian has plenty to prove and to achieve. And that no one at Texas wants 8-4 to be seen as a successful season going forward. That said, Sarkisian has won just as many SEC West titles as Jimbo and I wouldn’t trade the roster Sarkisian is building and the progress guys are making for what Jimbo’s brewing down in College Station. 

And when you have to throw the vaunted Kyle Field atmosphere under the bus to explain your recruiting woes, it may be that that you don’t grasp the situation or aren’t being intellectually honest. Or both. 

When Texas rolls into Kyle in 2024/5, I think Texas is going to work A&M on both lines of scrimmage, at the skill positions, and on the sidelines. Sarkisian is going to go Conan’s “what’s best in life” on them. And Texas will win the West and the SEC before they do. We’ll see whether Luicci or I am right about Texas’ being a rising program under Sarkisian. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Looch radio:
Longhornfrenzy1
Billy in his feelings

Billy Liucci: And last year at this time, A&M was perceived as a rising program, even though they were 8-4. To recruits, they see Texas as a rising program right now, not a rising program necessarily, but momentum.

And hey, they got Arch Manning‍. That's what got that thing going for them. Johntay Cook‍ tweets a lot. Kids see it and then he's up front and center. A&M had that last year in Bobby Taylor. It's just a perception momentum thing.

I don't think people necessarily around college football think Texas is a rising program under Sarkisian. He's never proven it. For all the shit they talk over there in Austin on Twitter and stuff, their record last two years is 5-7, 8-4. It's the same at A&M. Now, they'll say, well, we went from 5-7.

Hey Billy Goat Liucci, you fuckface: https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/FSU-Tennessee-lead-college-footballs-10-programs-on-the-rise-heading-into-2023-200269959/#200269959_2

Spoiler

10 programs on the rise heading into 2023

Here are 10 programs who ended the season on a relative hot streak and are on the rise heading into 2023:

TEXAS LONGHORNS

11476865.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Scott Wachter, USA TODAY Sports)

You may not find a more talented quarterback room in college football entering the 2023 season than what Steve Sarkisian will have with the Longhorns — and that's with Hudson Card entering the portal last week. Quinn Ewers returns, along with the arrival of five-star commit Arch Manning. Texas will have to replace several veterans, notably tailback Bijan Robinson, but this season's eight-win finish showed the Longhorns have fully removed themselves from 2021's struggles and are set on returning back to the top of the Big 12 under Sarkisian. Currently, Texas is trying to close the deal on a top-5 class for 2023, per 247Sports.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Looch radio:

Longhornfrenzy1
Longhornfrenzy 🎄🎅🏼🤘🏼 · @Longhornfrenzy1
 17th Dec 2022 from TwitLonger

Billy in his feelings
Dalton Hughes: Why would any stud linebacker not want to play behind all of the studs we have along the defensive line? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Thanks, Liuch.

Billy Liucci: Yeah, I think some of it's just program momentum, like the last question. These guys see that. These guys see that; they feel it. They feel it on social media. It influences them today. And last year at this time, A&M was perceived as a rising program, even though they were 8-4. To recruits, they see Texas as a rising program right now, not a rising program necessarily, but momentum.

And hey, they got Arch Manning‍. That's what got that thing going for them. Johntay Cook‍ tweets a lot. Kids see it and then he's up front and center. A&M had that last year in Bobby Taylor. It's just a perception momentum thing.

I don't think people necessarily around college football think Texas is a rising program under Sarkisian. He's never proven it. For all the shit they talk over there in Austin on Twitter and stuff, their record last two years is 5-7, 8-4. It's the same at A&M. Now, they'll say, well, we went from 5-7. You also have a coach that's never done a damn thing. In fact, he's actually done the opposite of a damn thing as a head coach twice. But it's perception. And it's what they perceive where it's going.
And so I think if you say, why don't they get a linebacker? I think it has to do with the fact that Anthony Hill was at A&M and watched the Aggies get smoked by Florida on a no atmosphere Saturday.

We talk about all those dudes that came to A&M because they watched the 'Bama game and stormed the field, and they were at the Auburn game. And that was how we tried to tell the country, look, this is why they did this class. Well, the opposite happened at Kyle Field until a few weeks ago this year. Some kids were here, and watched them lose to App State. You watch them lose to Ole Miss, you watch them get dusted by an average Florida team. That stuff adds up. And also, when you're giving up yards like you are defensively, and you see a couple of linebackers on the field in most of the game, maybe that affects you too on some level

I do love this. “The records are the same the last 2 years.” Let’s ignore the 5-7 came this year in Jimbo’s 5th year.  Jimbo maybe the only coach that would have a job after going 5-7 in year 5 at a P5 school, without any kind of title. Nobody is thumping their chest about 8 wins, but going from 5-7 to 8-4 in your second year is a rising trend line. It may continue to trend higher or it may not, but it is irrefutable that the trend is currently positive for Sark

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Billy in his feelings
Dalton Hughes: Why would any stud linebacker not want to play behind all of the studs we have along the defensive line? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Thanks, Liuch.

Billy Liucci: Yeah, I think some of it's just program momentum, like the last question. These guys see that. These guys see that; they feel it. They feel it on social media. It influences them today. And last year at this time, A&M was perceived as a rising program, even though they were 8-4. To recruits, they see Texas as a rising program right now, not a rising program necessarily, but momentum.

I don't think people necessarily around college football think Texas is a rising program under Sarkisian. He's never proven it. For all the shit they talk over there in Austin on Twitter and stuff, their record last two years is 5-7, 8-4. It's the same at A&M. Now, they'll say, well, we went from 5-7. You also have a coach that's never done a damn thing. In fact, he's actually done the opposite of a damn thing as a head coach twice. But it's perception. And it's what they perceive where it's going.

The question:

Why would any stud linebacker not want to play behind all of the studs we have along the defensive line? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Thanks, Liuch.

The [long] answer: 

Billy Liucci: Yeah, I think some of it's just program momentum, like the last question. These guys see that. These guys see that; they feel it. They feel it on social media. It influences them today. And last year at this time, A&M was perceived as a rising program, even though they were 8-4. To recruits, they see Texas as a rising program right now, not a rising program necessarily, but momentum.[?]

spacer.png

And hey,[Texas] got Arch Manning‍. That's what got that thing going for [Texas]. Johntay Cook‍ tweets a lot. Kids see it and then he's up front and center. A&M had that last year in Bobby Taylor. It's just a perception momentum [?] thing.

I don't think people ... think Texas is a rising program under Sarkisian. He's never proven it. For all the shit [Texas] talks over there in Austin on Twitter and stuff, [Texas], record last two years is 5-7, 8-4. It's the same at A&M. Now, [Texas]'ll say, well, we went from 5-7. [Texas] also has a coach that's never done a damn thing. In fact, he's actually done the opposite of a damn thing [?] as a head coach twice. But it's perception. And it's what they perceive where it's going.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Follow up question:

spacer.png

And that's why a linebacker wouldn't want to come play behind our fabbo defensive line?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Follow up answer:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

Looch radio:

Longhornfrenzy1
Longhornfrenzy 🎄🎅🏼🤘🏼 · @Longhornfrenzy1
 17th Dec 2022 from TwitLonger

Billy in his feelings

And so I think if you say, why don't they get a linebacker? I think it has to do with the fact that Anthony Hill was at A&M and watched the Aggies get smoked by Florida on a no atmosphere Saturday.

We talk about all those dudes that came to A&M because they watched the 'Bama game and stormed the field, and they were at the Auburn game. And that was how we tried to tell the country, look, this is why they did this class. Well, the opposite happened at Kyle Field until a few weeks ago this year. Some kids were here, and watched them lose to App State. You watch them lose to Ole Miss, you watch them get dusted by an average Florida team. That stuff adds up. And also, when you're giving up yards like you are defensively, and you see a couple of linebackers on the field in most of the game, maybe that affects you too on some level

Well Looch, it's like this.  When you are not the main rival of your main rival, it's a probability that your school is not considered an elite football school and therefore lacks the pedigree to absorb a 5-7 season with minimal damage.  So sit back and enjoy what a 5-7 season does for a consistently mediocre team.  There's always next year.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Texas ranked 29th in the country in rushing defense this year. A&M ranked 124th.

Keep that in mind when you see ags wonder who no one is impressed by their "amazing" D-line and why LBs would rather play behind ours.

So Mailbox is clearly the original satya, but who's manning satya's account now?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8