Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

6 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Even if it is Grimes and he did run the offense, that is not worrisome in the slightest. Baylor fans I know are not pleased with his constant turtle-ing in games and that was on display yesterday, just like it was the week before against TCU. 

#25 OFEI team in the country. I know Baylor fans love to bitch about everything but them running Grimes off would be hilarious.

8 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Even if it is Grimes and he did run the offense, that is not worrisome in the slightest. Baylor fans I know are not pleased with his constant turtle-ing in games and that was on display yesterday, just like it was the week before against TCU. 

This is silly. Grimes is a really good OC

7 minutes ago, Yesh said:

I only mentioned Grimes as opposed to every OC looking for a raise because I assume Burton has legit contacts.

I believed he and Riley are their top two choices. Not sure if they’ll get either of them though 

I have a hard time believing any upwardly mobile OC would take the aggy job. 

Ritz Bitz will still be running the offense. Yeah theyll drop a ton of cash on you. But youd be putting your career trajectory in peril.  

Would those G5 HC jobs still be out there for you, after Jimbo has fucked up several years of offense in your name?  

How long would it take you to dig yourself out of that hole, with jimbos stink on you?

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

He MIGHT be a redass, got his masters there and married an Aggie VB player.   Plus have you seen how they like to give money away?   He just might become the highest paid assistant with the least amount of actual work to do while having the job security that comes with the HC $85M buyout

I don’t know about job security. It’ll be easier to throw an OC under the bus than buy out Jimbo

Yeah if it doesn’t look better under a new OC it’s a chance for Jimbo to say see it’s not the plays. He already had a recent press conference where he was asked about a new OC and he bristled and basically said a Go is a Go a smash is a smash and a new OC isn’t going to revolutionize anything 

Just now, Dondrysdale1 said:

It is how they get Novosad to flip from Baylor.

Imaging blowing that recruitment like three times.

Dudes parents went to A&M. Met at A&M. Literal maroon house.

Blew it when he first committed to Baylor, never offered even though he camped there many times.

Blew it again when he re opened (tOSU offered before A&M! They paid Nelson to come in the SAME WEEKEND that Novosad came)

With everything else happening since then and still without a QB commit they can't get him back on campus.

Imaging losing a recruitment for a huge position of need, with a guy who lives in a maroon house, to a school with a true sophomore starter at QB and who plays in the big 12. That should lead to changes in and of itself.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Imaging blowing that recruitment like three times.

Dudes parents went to A&M. Met at A&M. Literal maroon house.

Blew it when he first committed to Baylor, never offered even though he camped there many times.

Blew it again when he re opened (tOSU offered before A&M! They paid Nelson to come in the SAME WEEKEND that Novosad came)

With everything else happening since then and still without a QB commit they can't get him back on campus.

Imaging losing a recruitment for a huge position of need, with a guy who lives in a maroon house, to a school with a true sophomore starter at QB and who plays in the big 12. That should lead to changes in and of itself.

rawImage.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Yesh said:

Bobby Burton said he was hearing Jeff Grimes as a potential target for aggy OC.

So.. let me get this straight. 

Jimbo is having his hands violently yanked off the steering wheel of the offense, so his solution would be to go hire a guy with an offense as boring as his? I see this ending very very well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheRRKid said:

I don’t know about job security. It’ll be easier to throw an OC under the bus than buy out Jimbo

The scenario as I see it is Jimbo giving in and hiring an OC.  A few games in, Jimbos meddling makes for an even worse offense than before resulting in the OC being fired as Jimbo blames everything on new OC and he takes over OC duties again. 

"See, I told you so".

• Hook 'Em 2

Grimes hasn't done shit at Baylor that has impressed me. I'm guessing Jimbo likes him he's run first and a former OL coach. I would endorse this hire. 

Lil Riley would be insane to make a horizontal move from a CFP team to aggy. The money will be there, He should wait out a better opportunity. 

52 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Grimes hasn't done shit at Baylor that has impressed me. I'm guessing Jimbo likes him he's run first and a former OL coach. I would endorse this hire. 

Lil Riley would be insane to make a horizontal move from a CFP team to aggy. The money will be there, He should wait out a better opportunity. 

The offensive improvement from 2020 to 2021 was impressive, imo 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I assume he'd have to take a paycut to go to Nebraska. ATM will give him another big raise if needed. Unless Rhule makes him DC, I'm skeptical of it happening

Serious question does Rhule call the plays on defense? I don’t remember if he called plays at Baylor 

Edited by Codaxx