Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

35 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Joey McGuire is a good coach, and yes Texas has been a dumpster fire, but it is absolutely ridiculous that we are in a competition with a school that’s a much bigger dumpster fire than us led by what’s basically an enhanced high school football staff. What bizarro world are we living in?

We're not

this thread. this recruiting board.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

We’ll that’s not nothing, but it is pretty weak tea if you are on the Tech side hoping for this to happen. 

Stupid sips, he’s obviously going to Tech and trying to get as many recruits to show up in Austin so he can pied piper them all with him to the armpit on the plains.  

Here’s the way I see this weekend happening. 

QE and his fam walk into Austin. They head straight to SARKS office where there are some bright shiny NIL contracts sit on his desk. QE signs the paperwork and the blast out on IG and Twitter that he is a Longhorn again. 

Then he walks into the next room where a few of the recruits he talked into coming down are waiting for him…. Each has a smaller but significant NIL waiting for them… they all decide to commit and the Tale of Quinn Ewers has its next chapter begin. 

That’s my prediction. 

Just now, Obh said:

QE and his fam walk into Austin. They head straight to SARKS office where there are some bright shiny NIL contracts sit on his desk. QE signs the paperwork and the blast out on IG and Twitter that he is a Longhorn again. 

Then he walks into the next room where a few of the recruits he talked into coming down are waiting for him…. Each has a smaller but significant NIL waiting for them… they all decide to commit and the Tale of Quinn Ewers has its next chapter begin. 

That’s my prediction. 

Conor Mcgregor Who The Fuck Is That Guy GIF - Conor Mcgregor Who The Fuck  Is That Guy Stanthesmog - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 6

I know I'm getting off topic with this but just wanted to recap the Ewers portal timeline a bit:

1. He goes into the portal. His top school choices are Texas, A&M, and Tech.

2. A&M says no thanks.

3. Reports come out that he is flying out to meet with the Tech staff. Tech 9.95ers obviously jump on this report and start feeling very bullish about their chances of landing Ewers. They feel that since they're the first to get an audience with Ewers he must be serious about his decision to come to Tech.

4. The visit reportedly goes well. Some insiders say that he "loved" Tech.

5. Reports come out that before his Lubbock visit, Sark already had an in-home visit with Ewers.

6. Tech 9.95ers start rumbling about McGuire bringing in Riley Dodge to be the QB coach at Texas Tech.

7. Those rumors turn out to be false.

8. It is announced that Ewers will take an official visit to Texas this weekend where he will be mingling with several 22' recruits.

9. Tech 9.95ers report that McGuire and his new OC Kittley will be having an in-home visit with Ewers on Wednesday night.

10. That visit did not happen. Or, it didn't happen at Ewers home, because Quinn was out hunting yesterday and McGuire was at a Houston awards event last night.

---------------------------------------------

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like anytime Tech gets some momentum with rumors, they turn out to be partly untrue or blatantly false.

"Ewers is hoping on a plane and will visit with Tech first!" Yes, he is taking a visit. No, Tech isn't the first.

"We're hiring Ewers old high school coach!" No you are not.

"McGuire is having an in-home visit with Ewers tonight!" No he did not. He may have met with him at an event, but definitely not an in-home visit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Aslan24 said:

I know I'm getting off topic with this but just wanted to recap the Ewers portal timeline a bit:

2. A&M says no thanks.

3. Reports come out that he is flying out to meet with the Tech staff. Tech 9.95ers obviously jump on this report and start feeling very bullish about their chances of landing Ewers. They feel that since they're the first to get an audience with Ewers he must be serious about his decision to come to Tech.

5. Reports come out that before his Lubbock visit, Sark already had an in-home visit with Ewers.

6. Tech 9.95ers start rumbling about McGuire bringing in Riley Dodge to be the QB coach at Texas Tech.

8. It is announced that Ewers will take an official visit to Texas this weekend where he will be mingling with several 22' recruits.

9. Tech 9.95ers report that McGuire and his new OC Kittley will be having an in-home visit with Ewers on Wednesday night.

10. That visit did not happen. Or, it didn't happen at Ewers home, because Quinn was out hunting yesterday and McGuire was at a Houston awards event last night.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like anytime Tech gets some momentum with rumors, they turn out to be partly untrue or blatantly false.

"Ewers is hoping on a plane and will visit with Tech first!" Yes, he is taking a visit. No, Tech isn't the first.

"McGuire is having an in-home visit with Ewers tonight!" No he did not. He may have met with him at an event, but definitely not an in-home visit.

Excellent. Now recap this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Joey McGuire is a good coach, and yes Texas has been a dumpster fire, but it is absolutely ridiculous that we are in a competition with a school that’s a much bigger dumpster fire than us led by what’s basically an enhanced high school football staff. What bizarro world are we living in?

Our dumpster fire of a team this year still hung 70 on tech. I am not sure what he thinks the alternative is. Like just because they get a new coach they are magically going to upgrade every player on the roster?

8 minutes ago, Obh said:

That’s my prediction. 

Bad prediction. Pretty sure no 22 commit can sign a NIL deal because they are still in school, some still playing football. Ewers can, he is already a college athlete.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Curtis Ewers twitter follower update: https://en.whotwi.com/cewers2/friends#

image.thumb.png.8d1ae9cd55f3fd0a618706febeecd29e.png

Surprised this hasn't gotten more run / forensic analysis given the lack of recent developments.

As someone already noted, Evan Stewart is among the recent follows. Other recent ones include Dewberry, as well asthis 4-star OL out of Georgia (committed to Tennessee and no Texas (or TTU) offer listed) and a couple other Tennessee folks. 

Recent Tech-related follows include Zach Kittley (new OC/QB coach) and Sean Razloznik (SLC DL coach and TTU grad). 

Couple others that stuck out to me were two SCAR coaches: Marcus Satterfield (OC/QB coach) and Justin Stepp (WR coach). Perhaps there was actually smoke to the SCAR 247 thread where an poster / purported message-board insider claimed that they were a dark horse for QE - that thread was public when I checked a couple days ago, but they've since took it under premium. 

Don't see any Texas follows on the first page, guessing he's probably already following most coaches/commits of import from back when Quinn was committed here. 

9 minutes ago, Obh said:

That’s my prediction. 

Except the school doesn't have anything to do with NIL contracts. Are you trying to summon the bridge troll known as Plonski with this post?

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

In related news, Tech board is melting over the LA times article that grades the JM hire out at a solid "C": 

C Grade hires

Joey McGuire, Texas Tech: The Red Raiders were 5-3 in Matt Wells’ third season when they fired him, so they must have really been pining for a fresh start. They moved quickly to pluck McGuire from Baylor, where he had been a part of successful seasons under Matt Rhule and now Dave Aranda.

But McGuire’s biggest draw for Texas Tech was the connectivity of his story as a former high school football coach at Cedar Hill outside of Dallas, where he won three state championships before Rhule brought him to Waco. The Red Raiders just didn’t seem like themselves under Wells, and it will be McGuire’s job to get their guns up in the newly-renovated Big 12.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

this thread. this recruiting board.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair."

It was the haters, it was the sunshine pumpers, it was the day crew, it was the night crew, it was due to the coaches, it was due to the players, it was the impatience in rebuilding, it was the 12 years of despair.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Aslan24 said:

2. A&M says no thanks.

Good run down except apparently Kittley, the Tech OC was the one who went in-home with Ewers yesterday, not Maguire. But I think you’ve accurately assessed the trend and where this is headed. 

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

So my happiness depends on the whim of a teenage football player and I’m searching for pictures of a murderer’s vagina. All in all, I’d say I’m a pretty successful adult. 

Quoth the Longhorn: He will likely bring us recruits and also screw us over because he hasn't been challenged at all in college and will get the shit hit out of him in the pros. 

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

In related news, Tech board is melting over the LA times article that grades the JM hire out at a solid "C": 

C Grade hires

Joey McGuire, Texas Tech: The Red Raiders were 5-3 in Matt Wells’ third season when they fired him, so they must have really been pining for a fresh start. They moved quickly to pluck McGuire from Baylor, where he had been a part of successful seasons under Matt Rhule and now Dave Aranda.

But McGuire’s biggest draw for Texas Tech was the connectivity of his story as a former high school football coach at Cedar Hill outside of Dallas, where he won three state championships before Rhule brought him to Waco. The Red Raiders just didn’t seem like themselves under Wells, and it will be McGuire’s job to get their guns up in the newly-renovated Big 12.

I know that the LA times is the place I like to go for all things Texas football. I hope this doesn't turn into an Art Briles like cult following. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Good run down except apparently Kittley, the Tech OC was the one who went in-home with Ewers yesterday, not Maguire. But I think you’ve accurately assessed the trend and where this is headed. 

Ah, I misunderstood that part. Still, all the reports before the in home stuff was that McGuire was going to be there.

4 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

C Grade hires

Were you not the flight aware person on the Urban Thread before @closetojumping had you ganked?

6 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

If there was an in-home with Kittley yesterday, haven't seen a peep about how it went (unless it was covered by night crew during the 2:00 - 8:00 a.m. window). 

Just three pages back... 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/15884-ewers-or-bust-bustunless/&do=findComment&comment=3897234

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

If there was an in-home with Kittley yesterday, haven't seen a peep about how it went (unless it was covered by night crew during the 2:00 - 8:00 a.m. window). 

Austin Massey said the visit went well and that it was important for Quinn to see how he would fit into Kittley's offense.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust