Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

Just now, Junior Bonner said:

So the head coach didn't do an in home two days before he was set to be in Texas? That reminds me of Mark Cuban filming Shark Tank while the GM met with free agents.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Junior Bonner said:

As mentioned, covered by night crew during the 2:00 - 8:00 a.m. window. I was F5'ing this thread most of yesterday through 2:00 a.m. Woke up without the usual masochistic thoughts, so really can't be expected to wade through whatever was discussed during that stretch (frankly surprised it was anything QE-related). But do appreciate the link. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Obh said:

Here’s the way I see this weekend happening. 

QE and his fam walk into Austin. They head straight to SARKS office where there are some bright shiny NIL contracts sit on his desk. QE signs the paperwork and the blast out on IG and Twitter that he is a Longhorn again. 

Then he walks into the next room where a few of the recruits he talked into coming down are waiting for him…. Each has a smaller but significant NIL waiting for them… they all decide to commit and the Tale of Quinn Ewers has its next chapter begin. 

That’s my prediction. 

Tell everyone you don't know how this shit works by telling everyone that you don't know how this shit works. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

i still hate your avatar.  needs an update to QE.

Your not alone in the hate, many have expressed the same. If I had elite tech or graphic design skills I wouldn't be a lawyer, but if you're friends with LSUFreek or someone of gif-editing caliber, by all means I'd love a QE update (please also have them change the socks from meatchicken to TTU or OU). 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Tech flirtation seemed to have two goals in my unsourced and generally uncalled for opinion.

1. The Ewers seemed to upset a lot of Texas high school coaches (no source just reading the room) by jumping ship a few weeks before the season started and potentially opening a can of worms for future stars. This was amended by pumping up McGuire and getting Riley Dodge in the spotlight as a future college coach.

2. They are a savvy family and knew the value of trying to leverage those relationships at Tech and TCU. If the Ketch numbers are correct then I would assume this moved quadrupled his original NIL projections at Texas. I do believe he would have went to Tech if Texas balked at the thought of matching and exceeding their NIL opportunities but they knew how desperate we were to make this happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Huck really has developed some vitriolic side such that posts that aren’t up to par will get called out and the poster will get called names. 

Life goes on. 

This should be added to the lexicon of Surly, you've been Huckleberry'd. Which is to say called stupid lol. It's a rite of passage nowadays. 

Edited by WinningIsHard
english is hard
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Well, yeah, of course we'll need until tomorrow.

Rome didn't collapse in a day ... 

True. It collapsed over a one-year period after Quinnius Ewerinius  signed with the Visigoths and played played a year for them  and then portaled to the Vandals and the Romans couldn't handle it. 

12 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

roman GIF

True story, there was a guard who was an extra that actually couldn't hold it together.  The last half of the scene was ad-libbed after an extra 'ruined' the take.  They (Monty Python) thought it was funny, so they rewrote it and put it in the film.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Surprised this hasn't gotten more run / forensic analysis given the lack of recent developments.

As someone already noted, Evan Stewart is among the recent follows. Other recent ones include Dewberry, as well asthis 4-star OL out of Georgia (committed to Tennessee and no Texas (or TTU) offer listed) and a couple other Tennessee folks. 

Recent Tech-related follows include Zach Kittley (new OC/QB coach) and Sean Razloznik (SLC DL coach and TTU grad). 

Couple others that stuck out to me were two SCAR coaches: Marcus Satterfield (OC/QB coach) and Justin Stepp (WR coach). Perhaps there was actually smoke to the SCAR 247 thread where an poster / purported message-board insider claimed that they were a dark horse for QE - that thread was public when I checked a couple days ago, but they've since took it under premium. 

Don't see any Texas follows on the first page, guessing he's probably already following most coaches/commits of import from back when Quinn was committed here. 

in case folks don't know re: SCAR, the Ewers are close with Landon Samson, have both been liking stuff associated with SCAR for a while - it isn't new on that front

interesting they took the insider post premium.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Looks like he's just finding out about it lol

Miles: Where do you live?
Buck: In the city.
Miles: You have a house?
Buck: Apartment.
Miles: Own or rent?
Buck: Rent.
Miles: What do you do for a living?
Buck: Lots of things.
Miles: Where's your office?
Buck: I don't have one.
Miles: How come?
Buck: I don't need one.
Miles: Where's your wife?
Buck: Don't have one.
Buck: It's a long story.
Miles: You have kids?
Buck: No I don't.
Buck: It's an even longer story.
Miles: Are you my dad's brother?
Buck: What's your record for consecutive questions asked?
Miles: 38.
Buck: I'm your dad's brother alright.
Miles: You have much more hair in your nose than my dad.
Buck: How nice of you to notice.
Miles: I'm a kid that's my job.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust