Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Here, put this object that's roughly the same diameter as your windpipe into your mouth unknowingly. Oh no something went wrong!

this has been done in tv and movies several times, but my personal favorite is "everyone says i love you" with ed norton doing his woody allen impression.

it was tasteful, believe me.  enjoy your dinner.

The way Ted has learned absolutely nothing about the basics of 'football' in 3 seasons of being a head coach in the UK is absolutely charming. Or perhaps it's just a lazy writers' ploy for even more and cheesier Sudekis jokes. 

I'd drill Jack. I'd drill Kaylie. Looking forward to watching a bit of playful vibrator action between the two of 'em.

The show seemed to pick up the pace a bit in the most recent episode despite the inexplicable dick string gag. But still the only laughable moment for me was Nate falling on his face while crossing the street.

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I'd drill Jack. 

Good luck with that

On 30 June 2021, she announced on Instagram that she identifies as queer, stating that she found it freeing to "finally embrace and explore [her] queerness."[8] On 24 October 2021, Balfour announced on Instagram that she and Abbi Jacobson had been romantically involved for a year.[9] As of August 2022, Balfour and Jacobson are engaged.[10]

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Good luck with that

I mean, my wife also wouldn't approve let alone the real life actress...Purely figuratively speaking, which I thought was obvious.

Speaking of...I recently began listening to the podcasts of Ali Kolbert, a Jewish comedian who identifies as queer. So funny.

Edited by Chopper

Due to travel, I got a few weeks behind on the show, so two weeks of comments.

I really like the totality of this show and where things are going with it. Are some of the stories a touch out there? Sure, but as a whole this show is still damn good. Someone else said it was the best thing on TV - can't 

On 4/19/2023 at 10:57 AM, RPM said:

Triangles

Try Angles

Barbecue sauce

LOVED this throwback to Donald Duck in Mathmagic land. HILARIOUS. The True Spirit of Adventure - so good.

I think its all these little easter eggs that this show has that are fantastic. And they are sprinkled around for different generations.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:37 PM, Surly Bevo said:

OH MY GOD, EPL CLUBS DON'T PLAY FUCKING FRIENDLIES IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR SEASON

They did this year https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12738041/mid-season-premier-league-friendlies-how-is-your-club-preparing-for-when-the-season-resumes

On 4/22/2023 at 11:01 AM, YGIFS said:

I got turned on to them after seeing them years and years ago behind Yard Dog on South Congress.  Now they're on Ted Lasso.  That's fucking awesome.  

Trent seems like the kinda guy who would say, "I liked your favorite band ten years before you, fucking poseur."  And the person, all shocked and defeated, "Okay man, you don't have to be mean about it."  And Trent would laugh, "Nah mate, just fucking with you.  Here I burned you a CD of some of their early stuff, enjoy.  Cheers."  

Trent works and studied in the arts, so him like a band long before you heard of them isn't a shock. That being said, I don't think he would ever call anyone a fucking poseur anymore, maybe when he was younger (and being edgy trying to prove himself).

Hence the very obviously staged fake dialogue.  

csb/ I make a few phone calls a week when I'm taking a shit to myriad shitheap politicians' offices.  When they ask who is calling, I say Trent Crimm from the Independent, Texas bureau.  So far only one staffer out of about a dozen offices has made the connection to Ted Lasso.  I even get calls back from their comms director telling me, "Mr. Crimm, in reference to your call last week.....yadayadayada."  Despite my outgoing voicemail giving a rather different sounding name.  That they don't watch one of the best shows on television or even bothering to google the fucking name tells you how much these people care about other people.  To Trent Crimm!!!

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:47 PM, shadow_operative said:

a diatribe? lol. one paragraph about how S1 was great = a diatribe? lol okie dokie then.

the thread police bullshit that's permeated this thread since S2 comes 100% from people who blindingly love everything about the show and who for some reason cannot handle anyone else having a differing opinion. it's beyond stupid, and all it ever accomplishes is more arguing and fighting. people are allowed to not have differing opinions. get over it. 

everything you write is painful to read

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

everything you write is painful to read

apparently so. this phenomenon where grown adult man can't handle someone online saying, "this show isn't as good as it used to be" continues to blow my mind/make me laugh. i thought i was supposed to be the hypersensitive one. compared to the denizens of this thread i'm a buddhist monk. it's actually kinda sad.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

apparently so. this phenomenon where grown adult man can't handle someone online saying, "this show isn't as good as it used to be" continues to blow my mind/make me laugh. i thought i was supposed to be the hypersensitive one. compared to the denizens of this thread i'm a buddhist monk. it's actually kinda sad.

Oh look, it’s Derka derailing another thread to make it about him. 

sigh. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Jack is scary obsessive and possessive for sure. Dating your investor is probably never a good idea but that just makes it all the worse, and are they going to address the burnout and breakup and all of that fallout in the remaining few episodes?

or maybe a spin-off in the vein of Kate and Allie. 

Keely is in a bit of season 1 Ted situation and potentially pre-show Rebecca situation.

On the Ted angle. Left who and what she knew, trying to make her way and win over new peers blah blah blah.

As to the Rebecca angle…well Rebecca flat out described that last episode.

On 4/26/2023 at 5:30 PM, shadow_operative said:

btw, season one *was* magical. i don't think there's ever been a TV event like it. it was the absolute perfect show for its place and time. just the perfect bit of comedic relief mixed feel-good storylines during a very bleak period of time all over the world. the makers of this show absolutely caught lightning in a bottle with that season, and in all honesty for you to insinuate that there was nothing special about that season and that the following seasons have been just as good is a giant disrespect to the magic that was season one. 

the show isn't close to being that good anymore. put on your big boy pants and learn how to handle that.

image.gif.21410fb6447ed249c6290f5267992296.gif

The point is that I don’t care if it is as good as Season 1. Nothing will ever be like that again, and I didn’t even watch it “live”. I didn’t start watching it until after Season 2 was finished. I don’t care if the show is as good as it was, I still love it and the constant “season 1” pining is ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Actually I think the show is as good as its ever been. If you think you've been watching a soccer show, you really haven't been paying attention. This is a feel good happy show disguised as a soccer show and in that vein this show is fantastic.

8 minutes ago, RPM said:

I just hope everything has been shot. It would suck to have to wait on a finale because of the strike.

They've been done for months, they talked about their wrap parties way back in Nov/Dec.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I decided I no longer like Stranger Things after season 2.  You know what I didn't do?  Post multiple times in the Stranger Things thread about how much I didn't like it anymore.  I just quit watching it and quit visiting the ST thread.  I didn't realize that was such a novel concept. 

But I hate something that you like so you must hate it as much as I do. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Excellent point.  I guess I better head on over to the ST thread to let them know how wrong they are.  Think I'll drop in on the West World thread as well.  I have opinions and they must be heard!  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Hate said:

The point is that I don’t care if it is as good as Season 1. Nothing will ever be like that again, and I didn’t even watch it “live”. I didn’t start watching it until after Season 2 was finished. I don’t care if the show is as good as it was, I still love it and the constant “season 1” pining is ridiculous.

there is literally 5x more complaining about season 1 talk than there is season 1 talk. you people have completely lost the plot.

people are allowed to be critical of shows. repeat this ad nauseam until it sinks in. 

Edited by shadow_operative

41 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I decided I no longer like Stranger Things after season 2.  You know what I didn't do?  Post multiple times in the Stranger Things thread about how much I didn't like it anymore.  I just quit watching it and quit visiting the ST thread.  I didn't realize that was such a novel concept. 

oh good, it's the 500th time this has been posted! 🙄 so in your mind, anyone who has anything less-than-positive to say about a tv show should just stop watching that show altogether and then never post here again? where the hell do you people come up with this stuff? and how do you even buy into it? it's absolutely childish and illogical. someone having criticisms of a show does not mean that person suddenly hates the show. how do you not understand this?

• Drool 1

39 minutes ago, mdmost said:

how do you people believe the things you type? this is the exact opposite of what's happening here. first, literally nobody who is posting here hates the show. and second, it's the people who blindingly love the show who want to make it a law that nobody who doesn't completely agree with them can post in this thread. aka the opposite of what you're saying.

this is a truly mind boggling phenomenon. I need some Ivy League behavioral scientists to come up with some major studies and an actual diagnosis for this phenomenon where grown adult men throw childlike tantrums over other people online criticizing a TV show that they like. absolute madness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Once again, criticism of the show is fine. I’m not a huge fan of the Keeley-Jack storyline. I’m not really sure what Barbara’s purpose is. Really that whole storyline doesn’t interest me very much. But the show still makes me lol several times each week. There is plenty of magic still to found in every episode.

• Hook 'Em 1

oh good, it's the 500th time this has been posted! so in your mind, anyone who has anything less-than-positive to say about a tv show should just stop watching that show altogether and then never post here again? where the hell do you people come up with this stuff? and how do you even buy into it? it's absolutely childish and illogical. someone having criticisms of a show does not mean that person suddenly hates the show. how do you not understand this?

Yes, that’s exactly what I think. At least in regards to you. You shit on too many threads and it feels like a sad cry for attention or like you’re trying to show off how smart you are and how dumb anyone who doesn’t agree with you is. That’s just my opinion though so no need for a 500 word dissertation on it. You asked, I answered.

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I think. At least in regards to you. You shit on too many threads and it feels like a sad cry for attention or like you’re trying to show off how smart you are and how dumb anyone who doesn’t agree with you is. That’s just my opinion though so no need for a 500 word dissertation on it. You asked, I answered.

8nm2SFo.gif.b27512a4c013063ff309182c2f66dcb5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

50 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Yeah. Barbara sucks. She’s like the Bizzaro Higgins. Never amusing. Always a downer.

What if....Barbara IS Higgins.  I said earlier that it seems like Keely is in a bit of a potential pre-show Rebecca situation.

Recall back to the beginning of the show, Higgins KNEW what Rupert had been doing.  What if Barbara has trooped around with Jack before and knows the bit but instead of doing what Higgins does because Keely has tried to treat her well (whereas Rupert would have never done that with Leslie) she saves Keely

Just spitballing

Edited by Surly Bevo

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

You know he intentionally shits on threads to feed his persecution complex?

• Hook 'Em 1