Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m not usually a complainer but

STOP HUMANIZING NATE

They did the heel turn and they’ve spent the last few episodes walking it back.

I don’t care about Keeley and Jack or Sam’s restaurant.

The only time I laughed was the dick tied to dick bit and the only time I got excited was when they scored that goal.

I want my “Ted Lasso” to be “Ted Lasso” not some TGIF lesson of the week sitcom.

A real letdown after last week.

image.gif.f5a7b743a8040fd9e8fb1effa044e92f.gif

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:
  Reveal hidden contents

just got to the scene where dani rojas and isaac do impressions of one another. that's ted lasso. that is the show that i've enjoyed so much. 

Spoiler

followed by coach beard and the waterboy doing killer impressions of each other. these are such small, quick bursts of comedy, which was one of the trademarks of s1. i hope the rest of the episode features more of this. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

i enjoyed the second half of the episode much better than the first 20-25 minutes. overall i thought it was a nice bounce back after last week's episode which i didn't really care for. i thought the final half hour of this episode felt more like S1 than any other part of this season. 

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i enjoyed the second half of the episode much better than the first 20-25 minutes. overall i thought it was a nice bounce back after last week's episode which i didn't really care for. i thought the final half hour of this episode felt more like S1 than any other part of this season. 

Spoiler

Admit it, you just were happy that Arsenal won 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

STOP HUMANIZING NATE

The only time I laughed was the dick tied to dick bit and the only time I got excited was when they scored that goal.

I want my “Ted Lasso” to be “Ted Lasso” not some TGIF lesson of the week sitcom.

Yes, yes, yes. yes.

13 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Only 5 episodes left.  

This episode would’ve been fine if you were binging the season, but having to wait another week sucks 

It was a fascinating concept and S1 was magical and can't take that away from us. But 5 episodes left is about right and it needs to be sunset. I guess @BrickHorn never came back from S2's huge drop as I'd like to hear her input.

btw, season one *was* magical. i don't think there's ever been a TV event like it. it was the absolute perfect show for its place and time. just the perfect bit of comedic relief mixed feel-good storylines during a very bleak period of time all over the world. the makers of this show absolutely caught lightning in a bottle with that season, and in all honesty for you to insinuate that there was nothing special about that season and that the following seasons have been just as good is a giant disrespect to the magic that was season one. 

the show isn't close to being that good anymore. put on your big boy pants and learn how to handle that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

btw, season one *was* magical. i don't think there's ever been a TV event like it. it was the absolute perfect show for its place and time. just the perfect bit of comedic relief mixed feel-good storylines during a very bleak period of time all over the world. the makers of this show absolutely caught lightning in a bottle with that season, and in all honesty for you to insinuate that there was nothing special about that season and that the following seasons have been just as good is a giant disrespect to the magic that was season one. 

the show isn't close to being that good anymore. put on your big boy pants and learn how to handle that.

Lulz

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I loved the episode. Reminded me of S1. I find myself caring less and less about Keeley and Nate's story. Although surprisingly I found myself happy for Nate. That was weird for me. 

I also really want to try Nigerian food.  

It’s so damn good 

30 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I loved the episode. Reminded me of S1. I find myself caring less and less about Keeley and Nate's story. Although surprisingly I found myself happy for Nate. That was weird for me. 

I also really want to try Nigerian food.  

Bro. Nigerian music is hot right now. 

ended with a nice tune too. 

I’ve never had the food. But they make it look spicy and delicious

Edited by kingkoopa6

On 4/25/2023 at 9:23 PM, Bama Chick said:

STOP HUMANIZING NATE

Idk. Seemed like a classic season 1 episode to me. Hit me right in the feels at the end with the team coming together to work on the restaurant. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

416DDCD2-E5E1-42FE-9450-39E0D46D3801.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Idk. Seemed like a classic season 1 episode to me. Hit me right in the feels at the end with the team coming together to work on the restaurant. 

Yeah, I really liked this week's episode quite a bit. I don't mind the Nate storyline -- he's going to ultimately be redeemed. When he went to the bathroom at the Greek restaurant, I was waiting for him to spit in the sink. He didn't, which I think is significant. He didn't go back to his crutch. I'm tired of Keely's storyline and don't really care about Rebecca any longer.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, I really liked this week's episode quite a bit. I don't mind the Nate storyline -- he's going to ultimately be redeemed. When he went to the bathroom at the Greek restaurant, I was waiting for him to spit in the sink. He didn't, which I think is significant. He didn't go back to his crutch. I'm tired of Keely's storyline and don't really care about Rebecca any longer.

A few notes:

• I too expected a spit in the mirror (which always grossed me out btw) and when he didn't, I think we were supposed to feel that Nate has overcome that gross period of insecurity that drove him to ugliness, and that he's growing and softening, etc.
  • 100% agree on the Keely and Rebecca, nobody cares, with 5 episodes left need to focus on the team and Ted's looming decision to quit while on top (or behind).
  • I feel like the Zaza storyline was half-baked in hindsight. It almost feels like what would happen to a character who got in trouble and had to be written out of the show, just didn't much add up to the abrupt way he quit (he had just given a strong motivational team speech) and it's like he never was on the team a few episodes later.
  • Trent Crimm fan-boi'ing at the end was really out of character from what we've seen for 3 seasons now. That was weird direction.

BUT, big prediction because I can always smell tropes and formula writing a mile away:

• I think the groundswell of the fans showing up to the practice is going to be important and the 4th bullet point. The 4th bullet point is going to be "community" or something like that and Ted planted the seed with his democratization of the team in the best line of the season, "It's their team, we are just borrowing it for a bit". Eventually the practices are going to be overrun with fans and it will be a festival like event and, though they won't have won on the field, they will have won the hearts of the locals and Mae's pub will be full of people despite the mediocrity, and Ted will have been the American White Savior teaching them this lesson before leaving back to America
Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you just quoted me talking about how season one of ted lasso was magic, and now that equals derka'd? okie dokie. you guys are soft as baby shit. 

the show isn't close to being that good anymore. put on your big boy pants and learn how to handle that.

Lighten up, Francis.