Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's looked pretty good against a low level of competition. I think tomorrow is a complete unknown regarding him for anyone being honest.

I think @closetohumping was having some fun. I know I was. $500 is a lot of money, I get that, but the dude lives in California and is making at least $15/hr in minimum wages, so he can clearly afford the risk. Conversely, I'm going to have to convince my wife to open up an OnlyFans page if I have to pay the $1000.

Are you speaking 3rd person like Prime or have a sock mix-up or what?

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's looked pretty good against a low level of competition. I think tomorrow is a complete unknown regarding him for anyone being honest.

I think @closetohumping was having some fun. I know I was. $500 is a lot of money, I get that, but the dude lives in California and is making at least $15/hr in minimum wages, so he can clearly afford the risk. Conversely, I'm going to have to convince my wife to open up an OnlyFans page if I have to pay the $1000.

You are convincing exactly nobody that $1000 is a lot of money to you.

image.jpeg.3a75154b5501cbf7a03a42a929950aac.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Are you speaking 3rd person like Prime or have a sock mix-up or what?

You may want to try your hand at the reading comprehension angle one more time here. Maybe go through it more slowly this time and see how that works out.

Also, I don't sock accounts. Being me is enough.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Did you get to see any of the game? They played good defense and played tough. They also played stupid on the offensive side of the ball, particularly the mediocre QB. They looked like they could be a 6-6 team, probably hinging on whether or not they beat CU.

I did. I think they will have trouble stopping any team with a decent running game and a QB that doesn’t take 3 + seconds to decide where to go w the ball. Force that QB to throw and they are not going to put up many points. 4 to 5 wins seems likely if breaks go their way. I’m hoping for 3 wins with all losses within 6 points

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/26/2023 at 10:03 PM, Steel Shank said:

I always prefer media outlets/newscasts that have "Action" in their name.

Also, I only do business with local companies that have "King" in their name - "Radiator King", "Chair King", etc.

To wit: cooling system at Sandy's Frozen Custard

IMG_1401.jpg

So...Action Jackson is the man huh?

Say that name fast 3 times...especially after a few adult beverages.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Plan to watch the TCU game only to watch Colorado lose. They were always the Big 12 school I hated the most after going to a UT game in Boulder.

What happened?  Tell us a story, story monkey. 

After watching Nebraska last night, I want to vomit regarding their prospects versus CU next week. They played tough, but that QB is absolute, unfiltered, filthy asshole. I swear, that idiot had money on the Minnesota moneyline. Also, playing the TB with fumble-itis, who have been in the fucking doghouse due to fumbles in the spring and fall camp, when you're trying to eat the clock and close the game out seems like a really smart choice. 
Rhule knows that tanking doesn't give him a higher draft pick next year, right? They better not fuck that game up next week. 

Ruhle is to blame for having an RB with serious fumbleitis number 1, and number 2 playing him. Chronic fumbling is a mental problem unless he has Tony Banks 3 year old size hands. A good coach knows to look to the OGs on this like DKR to solve it or bench them. Ruhle can eat a bag of dicks. Hope he never wins another game.

10 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I don’t doubt he’s good. I doubt he’s that good at a D1 level.

But I’ll stand by Deon is desperate to make an impression with everyone possible.

First half against a ranked top 25 opponent with 95% new bodies who are 100 days old, and winning?

Pretty great first impression.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, animaltobacco11 said:

First half against a ranked top 25 opponent with 95% new bodies who are 100 days old, and winning?

Pretty great first impression.

I'd say so. Looks like Colorado is better than all the haters assured us they would be. It's a long season, though!  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Sure, Prime could change his mind, but he was adamant in 60 Minutes interview that he would never coach in the pros because of players attitudes.

What was it, specifically, about the players' attitudes he had a problem with?

When he was in Dallas, he'd decide he didn't like a practice/meeting time and he'd call Jerry, who would call Barry and tell him to change the time.

What was it, specifically, about the players' attitudes he had a problem with?
When he was in Dallas, he'd decide he didn't like a practice/meeting time and he'd call Jerry, who would call Barry and tell him to change the time.
Sanders knows first hand the egos of the pro players. Especially first hand from his own behavior. Probably wants no part of it. Players don't really look at you like an authority figure like they do at the lower levels.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

But wait, I thought all the experts here said:

Deion couldn't coach
The new players aren't any good
There aren't enough players for a D1 team
TCU is gonna rip him a new one
Deion once owned a school that failed
Blah, blah, blah 

There was some “he’s going winless” talk.  

@closetojumping I’ll let you out for 995.00. Jk.  Too soon

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Sure, Prime could change his mind, but he was adamant in 60 Minutes interview that he would never coach in the pros because of players attitudes.

So on Thursday, Saban -- who has tried to denounce the story about him potentially going to Alabama numerous times in recent weeks -- again, and adamantly, denied that he's headed back to the college ranks.

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

No matter what happens this year, Sanders knows what he is doing. He came in and immediately changed the culture here. Had Colorado stuck with the same plan and stuck with the same coach and players from, they lose this game by more than the spread. Are they going to win the Pac-12 and be some big time contender? No but Colorado immediately has life and once they go to the Big 12 next year, the heavyweights of OU and UT will be gone and I think they will be just fine.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3