Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

31 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, I guess.  But you were busy losing to OU by way more than some ref fuckery, then in the following years you lost 4-5-6 games annually.  Acting like OU wouldn’t have owned the conference even with pristine reffing is laughable.  Only you big rich badass fucks have the resources to hang consistently.  And you didn’t. 

He's right you know. Our problem were boosters who went al davis on this program and an AD (dodds) who was too arrogant for his own good. 
So happy to have CDC now. Someone who can push back on the meddling boosters. We are in good hands.

6 minutes ago, FtheBig12 said:

He's right you know. Our problem were boosters who went al davis on this program and an AD (dodds) who was too arrogant for his own good. 
So happy to have CDC now. Someone who can push back on the meddling boosters. We are in good hands.

This is utter bullshit. You’re parroting morons like Kirk Herbstreit. Aside from protecting Mack, you can’t name anything “Al Davis boosters” did to direct the program. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

This is utter bullshit. You’re parroting morons like Kirk Herbstreit. Aside from protecting Mack, you can’t name anything “Al Davis boosters” did to direct the program. 

who's protecting Mack? He deserves a lot of credit for building a great program but that doesn't excuse his total meltdowns against stoops. I don't recall ever defending him. Might want to tone down the insults though. It's called discussion. You don't agree..that's fine. Like you probably do I actually do know some people tied into the program..not as much now as back then. CDC has done a good job keeping distractions to the minimum and it's why I think he was such a great hire.

You don't think Mack giving so much access to boosters was an issue? 

23 minutes ago, horn009 said:

OSU fans are attempting to pull off one hell of a spin-job by saying the officiating was actually against them and in favor of OU the whole game. The total penalties and what people saw with their eyes say otherwise. 

At this point all we can do is let the rig 12 fans have their moment. They know they are going to sink to irrelevance after the two "evil empires" are gone. Fear causes people to lash out incoherently. Let them have their moment. They aren't going to let us win this conference fairly so our only chance is to win convincingly....but Sark has to get better for that to happen. No more stupid game time decisions.

On 11/5/2023 at 7:50 AM, LTtxfan said:

Kstate guy complained early in video about Texas being rewarded the Howard fumble inside 5yd line... 

says  "Big12 refs are gonna Big12 ref" 😂😂😂

Other than his contention that laying on the ball and having no hands on it can constitute possessing the ball, and his apparent belief that the officiating favored Texas in general (as if holding and PI don't exist anymore)he was right about most of what he said (I didn't watch the entire thing). Texas should have been up 35-0, Texas is bad in the red zone, Murphy wasn't effective under pressure, K State was fortunate to be in overtime with the chance to win, their kicker was shaky, go for the win. I had no problem with any of that. 

1 minute ago, Park Gothic said:

Glad to see Sark finally chirping about the officiating. Must really be pissing him off for him to actually come out and saying something. 

Yeah, the fact that he finally says it in the press conference not once but twice means to me that he has been given the OK that the AD will have his back on this 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

Yeah, the fact that he finally says it in the press conference not once but twice means to me that he has been given the OK that the AD will have his back on this 

I think this coupled with we're entering the final stretch of the season where it is in our best interest to draw attention to it to try and combat it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Glad to see Sark finally chirping about the officiating. Must really be pissing him off for him to actually come out and saying something. 

The corruption is so obvious and ridiculous at this point he can't be nice and ignore it anymore. Why aren't some of you out in front of the B12 offices with protest signs?? I can't, too far to drive and I have to work.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Damn. About time we started pointing all this shit out. But be louder about it. 

Nope, not yet. If Sark starts openly shitting on the conference and calling it out for blatant corruption and favoritism it will just make them double down. Wait until they can’t tip the scales anymore. Other schools and conferences won’t care if Texas is getting jobbed. Hell, they’d celebrate it. 

5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

It does make you wonder if they were debating how not to give it to us.

I don't wonder that at all. It's beyond obvious that they were trying as hard as they could to find any way to give it to K State. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

The length of that review was something else too. They had the review showing on the Jumbotron with everyone watching. It does make you wonder if they were debating how not to give it to us.

They were. They discussed 100 different ways to spin it to give it back to KSU and eventually ran out of options.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I noticed that immediately. They weren’t going to look at it but then we called the TO to force them 

and then they spent 4EVER trying to figure out a way fuck us on the call

god it seemed like 10 minutes in the stadium - sure it wasn't that much but the commercials clock wasn't running

Mack the politician held them in check. We also were dominant. In 2004, I think we injured every QB. Greg Robinson had our guys teeing off on offenses throughout the game. Rig12 didnt want to see that shit anymore.

But when Briles and Gundy started getting their high powered offenses going, then things really got out of hand from 2010-20.

Plus new player safety rules, which also added an array of subjective rules Rig12 officials could use to tip the scales. Is there any doubt Texas has 5x more personal fouls than their opponents?

Subjective penalties like holding and PI have to be 3x, 4x, 5x over the past 10 years.

I have little doubt Coach Herman would still be coaching here if games were officiated fairly. He’d have 2-3 more wins a year I bet and a conference championship or two.
When you put it that way, umm..

Nawh, fuck the Rig12 and it's incompetent/dirty refs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Nope, not yet. If Sark starts openly shitting on the conference and calling it out for blatant corruption and favoritism it will just make them double down. Wait until they can’t tip the scales anymore. Other schools and conferences won’t care if Texas is getting jobbed. Hell, they’d celebrate it. 

I don't think we have a choice and Castiglione/Venables should do it too. Sankey should also consider it, because it is strongly effecting the value of his new additions. Until the refs stole the OU/OSU game, TX/OU was by far the most likely championship game. This would have guaranteed adding the Big XII champ to the SEC. 

The refs have heavily put their thumb on the scales repeatedly this season. If not checked, they will cost us at least one more game, and three if they get the chance. They will also not stop this when we are in the SEC. We will see Big XII refs in bowl games in the future and they will 100% fuck us there too. 

Aside from that, there's a big player safety issue. One of our players is likely to get injured by these flagrant holds and facemarks that are going uncalled, especially as the remaining coaches and players figure out nothing is going to get called, no matter how egregious. Worthy is tiny. He could easily get tangled up and injured getting tackled in the middle of trying to make a catch. 

It's also the right time. Both the TX and OU games featured obvious Big XII ref fuckery, which happened in the open field on plays that heavily influenced the game. Clear interference on Worthy, Cook and Stoops among others. Calls that are made 100 times out of 100. Ones Pee-Wee refs wouldn't miss.  

If anyone in the media even scratches the surface, there is a clear pattern and tons of video evidence. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

They were. They discussed 100 different ways to spin it to give it back to KSU and eventually ran out of options.

my guess is they were discussing 3 points to try to give it to KSU

1) did howard have it pinned between his elbow and leg at any point to consider it "possession"

2) was it clear that howard never had a hand on on the ball to consider it "possession"

3) can it be considered a clear recovery in the immediate after action since it took our player a few seconds to drag it from under howard

to be honest, I am shocked they didn't just say the replay is unclear and therefore the call on the field stands. 

The explicit rigging/fuckery has been going on since Mack left.  I'm guessing Mack and Dodds had a pretty firm handle on who to call to make sure the fuckery was kept to a minimum.  When they left it was open season for every small town ref fuck to start jobbing big bad Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Mar is a fucking embarassment to the refereeing profession and that is saying something.  dude is bush league as they come.

If you watch our games a lot, it is hilarious how many times players from both teams spill into the bench and the ref/linesman run to only our guy.  we also get "talked to" a lot after plays(TD's/TO's etc).

The bullshit on the roughing call was par for the course for the Rig 12.  That call absolutely does not happen in the SEC or Big 10.  This conference is and is going to be evem more small time next year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Sark has a great point. 

We have two of the most dominant interior DL in the country and 1 of the best WRs in the country. These are arguably our top strengths. Somehow none of these guys can draw a flag in Big 12 play. 

If you went back and watched film you could probably find at least 15 penalties involving these 3 players and have we received a single call yet in the Big 12? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

9 minutes ago, Pods said:

Sankey should also consider it, because it is strongly effecting the value of his new additions.

There is no fucking way that Sankey is going to stick his neck out and basically accuse another conference of fixing their games. As blatant as it has seemed this season, there is no benefit to him or the SEC to kick that anthill. 

Do you really think the SEC loses any material value over the long-term if Texas (or OU) don’t make the CCG?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Mar is a fucking embarassment to the refereeing profession and that is saying something.  dude is bush league as they come.

If you watch our games a lot, it is hilarious how many times players from both teams spill into the bench and the ref/linesman run to only our guy.  we also get "talked to" a lot after plays(TD's/TO's etc).

The bullshit on the roughing call was par for the course for the Rig 12.  That call absolutely does not happen in the SEC or Big 10.  This conference is and is going to be evem more small time next year.

No shit...  Early in the game one of KState's coaches started jawing one our guys on their sideline and absoultely nothing done.  We score a TD, and Marr's boys tell our guys the can't celebrate and direct them to go the sidelines.   

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

No shit...  Early in the game one of KState's coaches started jawing one our guys on their sideline and absoultely nothing done.  We score a TD, and Marr's boys tell our guys the can't celebrate and direct them to go the sidelines.   

I saw that bullshit too. Enraging.

14 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Sark has a great point. 

We have two of the most dominant interior DL in the country and 1 of the best WRs in the country. These are arguably our top strengths. Somehow none of these guys can draw a flag in Big 12 play. 

If you went back and watched film you could probably find at least 15 penalties involving these 3 players and have we received a single call yet in the Big 12? 

There were some good snapshots posted on this thread of the Houston game of  this happening.