Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

So, after the season, I intend to make a small cash donation to either the Texas One fund or the UT scholarship fund, providing Kevin Mar’s contact info. Which would be the entity most likely to never quit calling him? And if anyone has his address, PM me, please. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, statsman said:

So, after the season, I intend to make a small cash donation to either the Texas One fund or the UT scholarship fund, providing Kevin Mar’s contact info. Which would be the entity most likely to never quit calling him? And if anyone has his address, PM me, please. 

just start filling out online surveys with his phone number

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Interesting to note that the conference defensive player of the year and defensive linemen of the year did not draw a single holding call in conference play 

I remember last year, all the off season discussion about improving our pass rush- “how did we lead the league in pressures and have so few sacks?” Ha-ha; I knew

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, statsman said:

F'n brilliant

• Like 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

We should figure out his work email and everyone should set up a recurring $5 donation so he gets dozens of monthly emails thanking him for his support of Texas NIL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I agree the B12 reviews are wayyy too long, but the funny thing is that they are pretty good about correcting obvious, dumbass on the field calls by the refs. More often than not, they have helped us this year.

Correct. Because the initial call shockingly seems to always go against Texas. See that clown trying to shut down our player yelling no, no, no on the fumble recovery vs K-State that was initially called….not a fumble, since he was obviously so sure it was not. When it was.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Correct. Because the initial call shockingly seems to always go against Texas. See that clown trying to shut down our player yelling no, no, no on the fumble recovery vs K-State that was initially called….not a fumble, since he was obviously so sure it was not. When it was.

Oh, absolutely. The on-field guys are fucking crooked-ass clowns.

Thankfully, the review booth guys are decent.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Man, he was adamant that there was no way Texas recovered it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Interesting to note that the conference defensive player of the year and defensive linemen of the year did not draw a single holding call in conference play 

Doesn't seem like they got blocked much either...

13 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Oh, absolutely. The on-field guys are fucking crooked-ass clowns.

Thankfully, the review booth guys are decent.

Are they decent, or do they take so long reviewing that they realize the viewing audience has seen the replay enough times to realize the call on the field was fucked up? It'd be too obvious to fuck around. 

4 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

As I said, fuck that fat bitch. Our local media is shit. 

1 minute ago, Assman said:
36 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
Rumor is Derek Anderson will be the Ref for the B12 CCG.

This might be him...  not sure
image.png.dd53ed9bddd937da0a5d486d16bea4bd.png

Which games has he officiated for us this year?

Look up. 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:56 PM, Jiminez said:

Looks like the Big 12 refs hate a lot of Big 12 teams about as much as they hate UT.

image.png.158b4609f5e90d15579a597ac01ef4e7.png

Yeah, now factor out all the late game "even out" calls made when the outcome has already been determined.

Take the bait much?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Js1 said:

All 4 of them?

yeah dude it's totally insane

in what world is Ohio State better than any of those next 4 teams? They lost their only fucking "tough" game against Michigan. Their wins are a whopping 17-14 win over #9 Notre Dame where ND forgot to put 11 guys on the field the last two plays and let them score. Then 20-12 at home against pedo state. Godddamn the big 10 is such a fraud conference they are going to get humbled again bad in the post season.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Why is looked in quotes? WTF does he mean by that? Why not provide something of substance besides this vague nonsense? Why is being four loss teams at home something that "looked" better than beating Bama on the road?

This is the exact logic he used to justify voting against Vince. He just made some shit up that made no sense. You couldn't even defend it, because there was no logic by Bohls to defend.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

19 minutes ago, Zeus said:

in what world is Ohio State better than any of those next 4 teams? They lost their only fucking "tough" game against Michigan. Their wins are a whopping 17-14 win over #9 Notre Dame where ND forgot to put 11 guys on the field the last two plays and let them score. Then 20-12 at home against pedo state. Godddamn the big 10 is such a fraud conference they are going to get humbled again bad in the post season.

Big10 and ACC are easily the worst 2 conferences with ACC the worst.   They are potentially getting 2 in.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Those pollsters are probably treating this like the AP poll and you are thinking of it like the CFP poll. The CFP committee ranks teams 5-25 to justify the rankings for teams 1-4 because those are the only spots that matter. Their whole focus is on who should be in the top 4. The AP arguably shouldn't really care about top 4 in the same way because they aren't thinking of playoff spots. 

The argument for Ohio State - which I am not endorsing - is that they were ranked number 2 and they lost to number 3 is a close game. It's the end of the season and otherwise both teams have won all their games. Things are otherwise pretty calcified. Swapping them out makes as much sense as if they were both 9-2 and ranked 10th and 11th. The winner is 10-2 and moves up one spot while the loser drops a spot. I assume that, to these voters, it works the same way for the top 4.

To be clear - I don't agree with that logic and it looks like most AP voters don't either. But it makes sense if you maintain a certain perspective. 

Edited by Park Gothic
stupid fucking spelling bullshit
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

holy fuck all the people who put Ohio State at 3 what the fuck

The Big 10 bias is not talked about the same but way worse than the SEC bias from what I can tell.  The SEC has so many more skins on the wall to back it up.   The Big 10 is largely stuck in the late 90's early 2000's from an offense standpoint and just an awful TV product (in my opinion) yet still somehow manages to dominate ratings.  Just odd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Not to mention those stats not tracked, like ball spots, holding up offense play start while the opposing D gets set, etc.

With approximately 140 plays per game, screwing a team by one yard can result in a big uphill climb for said screwee. 

If they do that every other play, that's a 70 yard difference.  Two out of three results in nearly a 100 yard separation.  I've seen some of our games where I beleive this has happened.  That does not account for punts that go OOB or other kicking possession changes where 2-5 yard screw jobs sometimes occur.

🫠😡😡😡