I get more pissed off the more I think about it

Xcalibur

Ingram was completely gassed after two explosive plays back to back.

We should slowed down and subbed in Johnson. We should have called an Ehlinger run if we weren't going to sub Ingram.

Ingram was gassed and couldn't get there on the short dive and then reached out in desperation.

We slow down and let him catch his breath or substitute we win the game.

1 minute ago, Hawndoh said:

We should slowed down and subbed in Johnson. We should have called an Ehlinger run if we weren't going to sub Ingram.

Ingram was gassed and couldn't get there on the short dive and then reached out in desperation.

Johnson was out hurt, maybe you didn't notice

Lol. DB’s are usually the fastest guys on the team for a reason. RB’s fast enough to outrun an entire secondary are a rare breed. I was glad Ingram got as far as he did. But that was before I knew they’d give him the ball again. IIRC the answer was saying Rojo was out with an injury that drive. Why we don’t run Sam every single time we get inside the 5 is a mystery to me. Some teams are good enough to stop it. TCU isn’t one of those teams.

• Hook 'Em 4

You silly fools. The Mensa binder instructs Tom do the opposite of common sense thinking. That’s what makes him Mensa! Do clever things non-mensas don’t see in real-time. That justifies his over-paid salary while inflating his ego.

You’re non-mensa. You’ll never understand his insight.

• Like 1

It’s honestly shocking how mediocre we are. I was praying to every god in existence to not allow covid to take our season. I was so confident in the talent and maturity we have. Then we line up with Tech & I quickly notice how far away we still are. 

remember when running backs could carry the ball 3 plays in a row without resting for 20 minutes? I miss those days.

That will never happen here. Sideways passes to WRs 5 yards behind the LOS that net -2 yards on the play—tbat’s what we like. It’s the cool thing to do.

I think the worst play of the game was Buj having a wide open first down and opting to kick the ball. That says everything you need to know about our coaching, locker room, culture and complacency with losing. 

Sam came out in the presser talking about little things and attention to detail; which sounds like something Herman would say. It's also complete horseshit. We showed up and got straight up beat by a team we should smoke by 30 on paper. That isn't "attention to detail". That's a program that is just fine and dandy with losing.

• Hook 'Em 1

I pointed this out in the game thread, but the thing that pissed me off the most was this: with 55 seconds left in the first half, we'd allowed 20 points and there was no reason to think we wouldn't allow 20 more, and we were kicking off to TCU to start the second half.  So what did we do with our 55 seconds and our Heisman candidate, dual-threat QB?  We fucking turtled.  We didn't even try to go get some points.

How is that even possible?

• Hook 'Em 2

Something else bigger picture I haven't seen discussed enough is BJ quitting the game against UTEP and immediately being back on the depth chart and put in games. 

What kind of stupid entitlement bred standard is that? Just come out and say that you don't have control of the locker room and you're letting 20 year olds call the shots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I pointed this out in the game thread, but the thing that pissed me off the most was this: with 55 seconds left in the first half, we'd allowed 20 points and there was no reason to think we wouldn't allow 20 more, and we were kicking off to TCU to start the second half.  So what did we do with our 55 seconds and our Heisman candidate, dual-threat QB?  We fucking turtled.  We didn't even try to go get some points.

because we had just turned the ball over and gave them points trying to score with even more time left.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Johnson was hurt. Not the coaches fault we were in this situation in the first place, the officials controlled the entire game.

The whole premise of this thread is flawed because the officials fucked us the entire game, and the time we fuck ourselves we would expect the officials to just sit back had it gone right for us. 

There was no winning this game, the officiating is ruining what little prestige the league had. Also, no big 12 in the playoff. Hopefully never again, dissolve this shit conference.

• Fuck You 3

19 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

That said it all to me right there. 

The binder says with a minute left in the half at the 25 you only do runs up the middle and for Gods sake you don’t throw it and try to score. When questioned about that since you are kicking off in the second half the binder tells you to “Fuck off bitch! I’m the fucking binder! Not you!”

36 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

remember when running backs could carry the ball 3 plays in a row without resting for 20 minutes? I miss those days.

You obviously missed that Ingram was gassed and got run down from behind after a long run, then made a tough run for first down but instead of letting him catch a blow and run Sam for a play or two and probably score, let’s give him the ball again for third time in a row.  Fucking stupid as it gets.  

17 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Really. The refs cost us this game?

Look, I don't think anyone would argue with you that the reffing did not suck. Hell, the announcers even agreed which is extremely rare.

However, pointing to them as the real reason for our loss and bitching about the conference that Texas isn't even competitive in is really a huge misdirection play. We all know Texas sucks at those so let's all know who is ultimately responsible at least.

Herman hired the new assistant coaches.

Herman didn't raise any static with the refs.

Herman oversaw the lack of fundamentals coached into this team.

Herman... 

The refs sucked, but Herman lost this game.

Oh yeah I love this one, he should've screamed more at the guys who decide the game. Sure that would've worked, just like Charlie in 2015

Why are you mouth breathing pussies trying to blame Ingram fumbling on him being ran 3 plays in a row? Did you miss the part where he tried to extend the ball over the plane from a yard and a half out? Or was that rockheaded decision because he was too tired and needed a breather. Maybe we could find a running back that doesn't fumble every time he's asked to stay in the game for a full set of downs. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Why are you mouth breathing pussies trying to blame Ingram fumbling on him being ran 3 plays in a row? Did you miss the part where he tried to extend the ball over the plane from a yard and a half out? Or was that rockheaded decision because he was too tired and needed a breather. Maybe we could find a running back that doesn't fumble every time he's asked to stay in the game for a full set of downs. 

fucking this.  The fumble had nothing to do with the previous 2 plays.  If he'd scored there we'd probably had still lost.  We were leaving tcu way much time.  And if we could have stopped run on 3rd and 7 we may have still won.  We just find ways to lose.

15 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Please don't mistake my passion for slamming on Herman as any sort of anger. Below is my text to a buddy just before the shit show kick off...

I anticipate being completely disappointed but...

Texas

Who would come coach in the cesspool in Austin? Who you want and who do you think would actually come?

1 minute ago, WBT said:

fucking this.  The fumble had nothing to do with the previous 2 plays.  If he'd scored there we'd probably had still lost.  We were leaving tcu way much time.  And if we could have stopped run on 3rd and 7 we may have still won.  We just find ways to lose.

Eventually we will find a coach who understands the basic concepts of clock management. Eventually...

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to run tempo. We should have slowed the game down to burn clock at that point. Dayton was trying to reward Ingram for his great play to give him the TD and even though I don’t agree with that at least that decision is defensible. Going hurry up on first down is Herman level grade retarded game management at its finest. Just a terrible, terrible game management decision by a very poor coach. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

Job is too big for Tom, just like Strong. Difference is that Tom had a more consistent QB. 

this is hyperbole, we aren't a complete shitshow all the time and we are the kings of losing one score games.  Charlie Strong was getting run by 30 points a lot. we had worse special teams than under Tom.  the D is probably a wash but a good QB wasnt going to save the OC's charlie chose.

Charlie Strong never sniffed playing in a Sugar Bowl or a Big 12 champ game with Texas.