Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• Micah Hudson‍ took a trip to College Station to see some people. He was around campus. He spent Saturday and Sunday in College Station. It’s intersting. That's two trips in the last few weeks for him. I would still lean heavily towards him signing with Texas Tech, but he sat down in this chair and told me that it's Texas Tech or Texas A&M.

• There is not a big crowd around Micah's recruitment. There is something that keeps him coming back. Whether it's a relationship on staff, the feel of College Station or the proximity, he can decide he wants to come to College Station on a whim. It's tougher to do that if you want to go to Lubbock. 

• Micah's recruitment has the Evan Stewart vibe. Early in the recruiting cycle, A&M had no chance at Evan. Everyone was saying it. He visited. He showed up again and again, and by the third visit, you thought there was something here. Evan was never committed to another school. Micah is committed to Texas Tech.

• Keeping tabs on his visit plans is going to be interesting to follow. If he turns back up at A&M for South Carolina, ACU or Mississippi State, that would be three visits in a month-plus. We are keeping tabs on it. He is not in any hurry to come off his decision to Texas Tech. He is a cerebral, aware kid. 

• It's not clear weather in Lubbock either. You are in year two of Joey McGuire, so it's easier to sell the vision. Texas Tech and A&M have done the best job of recruiting him and building relationships. They are what he is looking for a college experience in terms of the town and surroundings. He doesn't want big and flashy. Texas and USC never played a roll. He is a quiet kid. The laid-back nature of Lubbock and College Station is what he looking for. 

• Cameron Coleman‍ will be here this weekend. His high school team is on a bye week. He was incredible last week. He is a superstar. He is a 5-star prospect and producing at a 5-star level as a player. He had nine catches for 294 yards and four touchdowns.

• That is not the only week Cam has had insane numbers. He is also playing against the best competition. He will spend the weekend in College Station. He has family ties to Bryan and Houston. Auburn and Alabama are trying to get him to come away from his pledge to A&M. 

• The negative recruiting arrows were being flung from every direction. That's why the bye week was important for the staff to get out there a quell some of that. 

• Drelon Miller‍ decommitting felt like that would open the floodgates. The coaching and recruiting staff have stopped it right there. Based on everything I have heard, the door isn't shut on A&M with Drelon. Now, you have to win. If you could win the next two, that would be massive to keep what you got on the recruiting front. 

• If you win against South Carolina and beat a ranked Ole Miss team, you will be heavily favored against Mississippi State and ACU, which means you roll into Baton Rouge at 8-3 with a four-game winning streak, playing the best football you have, spoil LSU and go 9-3 at their place. There is an argument to be made that they need to win, and it needs to look a certain way. 

• You have to get to Ole Miss without losing anybody else. Keep the ship afloat. Don't let any more cracks happen. To me, it's more important to beat Ole Miss than LSU. You would set yourself up for that month with a couple of home games to get guys to visit. From a recruiting lens, go to Baton Rouge 8-3, and that will keep everybody in the class and remain in the conversations for top targets. 

• There is real pressure to perform on Saturday now. They have completely eliminated their wiggle room. You have to win the games.

• I know Conner Weigman went hunting during the bye week with a cast on. I have not talked to him directly about how he is feeling. I think if they get to 8-3, and Weigman is on the sideline for the majority of it? That helps. At 7-5 or 6-6, nobody will care. It's happened three years in a row where the starter got hurt, and they have to play with a backup. Does that mean they will lose games? Having the selling point of Weigman being out and winning eight to nine games, then you could say they would be a 10-win team with him, at least. 

• Every case for every kid is different. 8-4, you can sign a top-10 class. 9-3 with a bowl win, I think you sign a top-5 class. 

• In this 2024 offensive line recruiting class, you haven't lost any of those kids. You have rock-solid guys with you, like Ashton Funk‍ and Coen Echols‍. You have sensational athletes in Weston Davis‍ and Blake Ivy‍. You pulled in Isendre Ahfua. Echols is getting pushed hard by Auburn. He could visit there. Davis is hearing from LSU, Texas and Oklahoma. Ivy is a private kid. He chose A&M over LSU. 

• Tristan Jernigan‍ is taking an official visit to Alabama for the LSU game. He is originally from Alabama. It's not nothing. It's a legitimate threat. It's definitely something to watch.

• The Aggies can put out all of these fires with performances on the field. These are impressionable kids who have impressionable inner circles. There could be little cracks in the belief, and that is all those opposing schools need
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• Micah Hudson‍ took a trip to College Station to see some people. He was around campus. He spent Saturday and Sunday in College Station. It’s intersting. That's two trips in the last few weeks for him. I would still lean heavily towards him signing with Texas Tech, but he sat down in this chair and told me that it's Texas Tech or Texas A&M.

• There is not a big crowd around Micah's recruitment. There is something that keeps him coming back. Whether it's a relationship on staff, the feel of College Station or the proximity, he can decide he wants to come to College Station on a whim. It's tougher to do that if you want to go to Lubbock. 

• Micah's recruitment has the Evan Stewart vibe. Early in the recruiting cycle, A&M had no chance at Evan. Everyone was saying it. He visited. He showed up again and again, and by the third visit, you thought there was something here. Evan was never committed to another school. Micah is committed to Texas Tech.

• Keeping tabs on his visit plans is going to be interesting to follow. If he turns back up at A&M for South Carolina, ACU or Mississippi State, that would be three visits in a month-plus. We are keeping tabs on it. He is not in any hurry to come off his decision to Texas Tech. He is a cerebral, aware kid. 

• It's not clear weather in Lubbock either. You are in year two of Joey McGuire, so it's easier to sell the vision. Texas Tech and A&M have done the best job of recruiting him and building relationships. They are what he is looking for a college experience in terms of the town and surroundings. He doesn't want big and flashy. Texas and USC never played a roll. He is a quiet kid. The laid-back nature of Lubbock and College Station is what he looking for. 

• Cameron Coleman‍ will be here this weekend. His high school team is on a bye week. He was incredible last week. He is a superstar. He is a 5-star prospect and producing at a 5-star level as a player. He had nine catches for 294 yards and four touchdowns.

• That is not the only week Cam has had insane numbers. He is also playing against the best competition. He will spend the weekend in College Station. He has family ties to Bryan and Houston. Auburn and Alabama are trying to get him to come away from his pledge to A&M. 

• The negative recruiting arrows were being flung from every direction. That's why the bye week was important for the staff to get out there a quell some of that. 

• Drelon Miller‍ decommitting felt like that would open the floodgates. The coaching and recruiting staff have stopped it right there. Based on everything I have heard, the door isn't shut on A&M with Drelon. Now, you have to win. If you could win the next two, that would be massive to keep what you got on the recruiting front. 

• If you win against South Carolina and beat a ranked Ole Miss team, you will be heavily favored against Mississippi State and ACU, which means you roll into Baton Rouge at 8-3 with a four-game winning streak, playing the best football you have, spoil LSU and go 9-3 at their place. There is an argument to be made that they need to win, and it needs to look a certain way. 

• You have to get to Ole Miss without losing anybody else. Keep the ship afloat. Don't let any more cracks happen. To me, it's more important to beat Ole Miss than LSU. You would set yourself up for that month with a couple of home games to get guys to visit. From a recruiting lens, go to Baton Rouge 8-3, and that will keep everybody in the class and remain in the conversations for top targets. 

• There is real pressure to perform on Saturday now. They have completely eliminated their wiggle room. You have to win the games.

• I know Conner Weigman went hunting during the bye week with a cast on. I have not talked to him directly about how he is feeling. I think if they get to 8-3, and Weigman is on the sideline for the majority of it? That helps. At 7-5 or 6-6, nobody will care. It's happened three years in a row where the starter got hurt, and they have to play with a backup. Does that mean they will lose games? Having the selling point of Weigman being out and winning eight to nine games, then you could say they would be a 10-win team with him, at least. 

• Every case for every kid is different. 8-4, you can sign a top-10 class. 9-3 with a bowl win, I think you sign a top-5 class. 

• In this 2024 offensive line recruiting class, you haven't lost any of those kids. You have rock-solid guys with you, like Ashton Funk‍ and Coen Echols‍. You have sensational athletes in Weston Davis‍ and Blake Ivy‍. You pulled in Isendre Ahfua. Echols is getting pushed hard by Auburn. He could visit there. Davis is hearing from LSU, Texas and Oklahoma. Ivy is a private kid. He chose A&M over LSU. 

• Tristan Jernigan‍ is taking an official visit to Alabama for the LSU game. He is originally from Alabama. It's not nothing. It's a legitimate threat. It's definitely something to watch.

• The Aggies can put out all of these fires with performances on the field. These are impressionable kids who have impressionable inner circles. There could be little cracks in the belief, and that is all those opposing schools need

"USC and Texas never played a roll."

Well, that's one way to admit subconsciously that you've taken quite a bit of bread. And that you're a motherfucking rock-stupid idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

"USC and Texas never played a roll."

Well, that's one way to admit subconsciously that you've taken quite a bit of bread. And that you're a motherfucking rock-stupid idiot. 

I love how all of this messaging is contingent on them doing something that they have never actually done under Fisher in beating quality opponents on the road. I still see a minimum of 2 losses on the schedule, and maybe 3 if SCar jumps up and bites them.  

On 10/25/2023 at 11:46 AM, Longhornfrenzy said:

In this 2024 offensive line recruiting class, you haven't lost any of those kids. You have rock-solid guys with you, like Ashton Funk‍ and Coen Echols‍. You have sensational athletes in Weston Davis‍ and Blake Ivy‍.

Their $9.95ers do this so much, it’s got to be a bit, right?

• Haha 5

image.png.ff8f93e0b731fea3038082fe8807ef4e.png

This is another Aggie thing. They suffer some setback, but it's mitigated because they claim it "wasn't a surprise." Just weird. It's not really a surprise is sorta like I meant to do that.

But this guy knows how college football works in this new era:

image.png.71ee299448107422b3d6ae4d52f71c77.png

This is true only if he means their bleeding out in the portal means losing another star recruit really won't make much difference.

And of course:

image.png.61bf52434260ef25fb39fb6aff710438.png

Moron.

• Haha 2

image.png.0ecceb994a6a67766c0d9268af8f8f04.png

Them grapes was sour anyway, Ags.

image.png.d70c71f2767ec52f0e684b3bd64eab85.png

Copy and paste: This is the week, boys! We've got top-five talent. This is the most important game of the season for our momentum with recruits. The whole world will be watching our contest with the Gamecocks. We must make a statement (this time, make it positive, please!).

Sprinkle in blown away by the game atmosphere and hitting it out the park and more abuse of the word momentum.

For a bunch of star whores like the Aggies, I don't know how they're going to handle stuff like this.

Markus Boswell, Aiden Newbill, Jaxon Lee:

image.png.118bf8ce18cec5a9bd38368546deb24e.png

Harrison Moore

image.png.f169420568b45a43f1c16a4eeaaed779.png

Kiefer Sibley

image.png.bffd7ed5d26ad9c74d580336b2358a0a.png

The best guys on the list are committed to other P5 schools. The players above may turn out great, who knows? But they will not keep A&M in the vaunted top five of talent ratings which is something only they care about.

I guess it's back to, I'd rather have a kid who wants to be here than a fancy five-star mercenary. Von Miller was a 3-star and he came out pretty good!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It seems highly likely that these idiots go 7-5. Assuming one of those 5's is a loss to LSU in Baton Rouge, what do we think the outlook heading towards an irrelevant bowl game is? 

My view is that no one can rationalize their way into newfound optimism in spite the mountain of facts more than aggies can. They'll be a week after an LSU loss, talking up their hidden gems and top 13 recruiting class while beating their chest that they're about stomp Kansas in the Texas Bowl.

Part of the charm in having this program on our radar again is witnessing how irrepressible their idiotic fanbase is. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.ff8f93e0b731fea3038082fe8807ef4e.png

This is another Aggie thing. They suffer some setback, but it's mitigated because they claim it "wasn't a surprise." Just weird. It's not really a surprise is sorta like I meant to do that.

But this guy knows how college football works in this new era:

image.png.71ee299448107422b3d6ae4d52f71c77.png

This is true only if he means their bleeding out in the portal means losing another star recruit really won't make much difference.

And of course:

image.png.61bf52434260ef25fb39fb6aff710438.png

Moron.

You're right on them always showing up with the "this wasn't a surprise" thing. The reality is that how they're perceived is as important as any other facet in their lives. They need to be viewed as in control and having things go according to their plans. 

I was on a team once in which the BD exec would always go with the "this isn't a surprise" defense when we'd lose a deal to our competitor. These were exclusive deals that took 6-18 months in development and meant gaining or losing millions for the company.

"Yeah, we saw that one coming." and shit like that.

It took the new CEO three meetings to lose his shit hearing that. "If you saw it coming, why didn't you do anything about it? Do you think it makes the rest of us feel better to know that you apparently knew we weren't getting the deal and yet you've been reporting for months that this deal was close? Have you been lying the whole time or are you so bad at your job that you're constantly being caught by surprise and losing out on deals? It's one or the other. You didn't see it coming. Stop insulting our intelligence with that shit."

Aggie $9.95ers tapping into that energy likely get a different result since it does apparently make their moronic reader base feel better. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It seems highly likely that these idiots go 7-5. Assuming one of those 5's is a loss to LSU in Baton Rouge, what do we think the outlook heading towards an irrelevant bowl game is? 

My view is that no one can rationalize their way into newfound optimism in spite the mountain of facts more than aggies can. They'll be a week after an LSU loss, talking up their hidden gems and top 13 recruiting class while beating their chest that they're about stomp Kansas in the Texas Bowl.

A big part of their build up in the off season will be along these narrative-axes:

1) Their all-world D-Line were still underclassmen and look, how amazing they were as a unit even as rest of the team sucked. Imagine what they can do when they are juniors and seniors. This is their "final hurrah" before all of them are drafted on the first day.

2) Jimbo did about as well as he could given that "wiggy" got injured.

3) Weigman was  better than most QBs in the SEC, ackshually , and also it was only his first year in "Petrino's system".

4) 7 > 5. Ergo improvement. 

5) Forget all that we have fed you for the last 6 years, 2024 has always been "the year".

6)  Got some real gems from the transfer portal. Missing pieces. Plugged the holes in the roster. etc.

Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

By next August, if he does not transfer, Wiggy will be a Heisman frontrunner.

They will ignore his performance against Miami, where he did very little outside of two shortfields gifted by special teams mishaps from Miami or garbage time.  Or the 6 points he put up in a half against Auburn where the team immediately did much better when Max Johnson entered the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

They will ignore his performance against Miami, where he did very little outside of two shortfields gifted by special teams mishaps from Miami or garbage time.  Or the 6 points he put up in a half against Auburn where the team immediately did much better when Max Johnson entered the game.

On TexAgs, they persistently urge the staff to remind the offensive recruits that Weigman will be back next year! They think everyone knows about Weigman and should be in awe.

Weigman looks like a good QB. His career will be interesting to watch if he continues in football. He's not Peyton Manning or Vince Young or even Johnny Manziel. His name does not have the star power of Arch Manning who attracted recruits without playing a college down.

Weigman is largely invisible to the greater college football world as would be the Aggies if they weren't spectacularly failing on the field and anchored by a stupid contract to their failed coach. They cannot conceive that they aren't a sleeping giant just a few nudges from waking.

Weigman may or may not boost their performance by returning, but nobody really cares.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

They assume that his dad didn't play MLB at the D1 level and doesn't understand that the horrific O line and offensive scheme are having a very negative impact on his son.  They also assume it is a foregone conclusion that he will return.  They are equally as wrong on both.

So Ivey has a serious shoulder problem. I'm guessing that has softened any efforts from LSU or Texas. No fucking thanks on having more OL with shoulder issues.

These are the guys that are known risks in the aggie class:

-Bussey

-Coleman

-Ivey

-Ahfua

-Reliford

-Jernigan

-Myles Davis

-Tyanthony Smith

Obviously they're not losing all of those guys. That considered, if the season plays out as expected and they go 7-5 ahead of SD1, it seems really unlikely that they hang on to all of those guys with that kind of performance. New additions would be very unlikely to be anywhere near replacement value of most of these losses. I guess Soloman Williams would be a strong addition, but, shit, the other viable recruits they're in on have better choices. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Part of the charm in having this program on our radar again is witnessing how irrepressible their idiotic fanbase is. 

Oh you just wait sir.. That same best class of all time that they must keep in place at all costs that delivered a 5-7 season last year, followed by a 7-5/8-4 season this year will all be juniors! That means this is their window of an MNC before the entire class is drafted away in the top 3 rounds. Just wait, all of that development and culture is really going to show up next year.  

1 hour ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

A big part of their build up in the off season will be along these narrative-axes:

1) Their all-world D-Line were still underclassmen and look, how amazing they were as a unit even as rest of the team sucked. Imagine what they can do when they are juniors and seniors. This is their "final hurrah" before all of them are drafted on the first day.

2) Jimbo did about as well as he could given that "wiggy" got injured.

3) Weigman was  better than most QBs in the SEC, ackshually , and also it was only his first year in "Petrino's system".

4) 7 > 5. Ergo improvement. 

5) Forget all that we have fed you for the last 6 years, 2024 has always been "the year".

6)  Got some real gems from the transfer portal. Missing pieces. Plugged the holes in the roster. etc.

Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News

If they get rid of Addazio, the rollercoaster starts ticking. Work aggies have been (somewhat rightfully) laying an enormous amount of blame on him while crowing that the greatest recruiting class in history + the best QB in the SEC will be upperclassmen when we join next year. Also they're currently 6-1 in dream world where Weigman doesn't get hurt, so just need minor improvement next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1