Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.218e1326b0fb056103ef7fd63a98243a.png

Be physical. Get good players. Knows how to make his program successful. Verrrry impressive.

Good bull. 

Very insightful. Stuff I never knew was important. 

I'm about the most optimistic guy in the world when we hire new coaches. If we hired this guy so we could be the place where he proves himself, I'd be furious. The Ags will rally around him and say stuff they've been saying with every new coach for decades:

• Lot of bad stuff going on in the locker room.
  • Team didn't have that Aggie fire.
  • This guy doesn't stand for any bs.
  • He'll make us tough.
  • I think the team is getting it's swagger back.
  • tu is so scared of us.

Sir I can remember people being excited when we hired an online coach who claimed he liked to use a blocking sled about 15 or so years ago...

• Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Fisch has done a really good job at Arizona. Everything else and his career overall is meh. 

I just don't think this is true. He's 14-21 at Arizona. 

Yes, Sumlin left a bad situation at Arizona but that is not a job where it's impossible to win. Rich Rodriguez was averaging over 7 wins a year at Arizona just a few years ago. 

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Back when you had to sign an NDA to take the college tour.

Before any ags in your life start shvitzing over the rumors, jew might want to get them these books for two of the 8 gifts that you plan on getting them for Chanukah. 
IMG_0453.thumb.jpeg.cd77fb042fabe0b9d565d1cca3fe6a61.jpeg

I kept the original one in my backpack along with a Spanish-English/English-Spanish dictionary my first 3 years in Los Angeles and I understood everything that someone said to me.

👍👍

PS- If the ag in your life is a big reader, go ahead and get them a copy of Chaim Potok’s “The Chosen”. It won’t make any sense to them, but it might help them to eventually understand the coaching decisions during games. 

You're meshugganah.

8 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Sir I can remember people being excited when we hired an online coach who claimed he liked to use a blocking sled about 15 or so years ago...

That's a higher more refined grade of idiocy than you get from Texags. We've also criticised a coach for wanting to make sure his players were hydrated just because he was bad at other things.

We're elite when it comes to refined, targetted idiocy, sir.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

His resume as OC:

Minnesota 2009 - 111th in the country in scoring
Miami 2011 - 64th
Miami 2012 - 49th
Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 - 32nd of 32 teams in scoring
UCLA 2017 - 37th

He had two 'successful' years as an OC.  Only lasted more than one season in one job - Miami.

OFEI tells a better story than scoring.

• 09 Minn: 81
  • 11 Miami: 31
  • 12 Miami: 36
  • 17 UCLA: 27
  • -
  • 21 Arizona: 97
  • 22 Arizona: 34
  • 23 Arizona: 15

i believe Fisch calls the plays, his OC at Arizona is someone named Brennan Carroll (Pete's son), who has never been an OC before and worked with the Seahawks from 15 to 2020 before joining Arizona in 21.

Lunch with Liucci: Billy Liucci joins TexAgs Radio (Wednesday, November 22)

Segment 1 (00:00:00 - 9:29:24)

• *Billy singing* “Hello, my friend we meet again. Been a while. Where should we begin? How bout some COACHINGGGG?”

• *More singing* Is it Jeff Traylor or Jedd Fisch? I don't think it's either. Sorry to squash the Jedd Fisch rumor. I'm going to turn Jedd Fisch into a dead fish. Run to Twitter! Let's randomly speculate!

• People pull anything I say about Jimbo Fisher. The reality is it doesn't cost me a moment of my day. A lot of what was said about Fisher is that he almost got it. They were 9-1 in the COVID-19 year. That team was built, if not for the schedule change,  to probably go 12-1. If Ohio State plays more than five or six games, they have more of a chance to lose than be in the CFP. COVID-19 is what kept Trevor Lawrence from playing.

• I have had your back on feuds, but on the SEC Mike feud, I might have had his. He was wrong about Sam Pittman vs. Fisher.

• Look at tenures. Kevin Sumlin, to me, in hindsight, UCLA was the death knell, but there is always something you see before that. They rose to No. 4 after the Kyle Allen-Kyler Murray thing. They started beating people. One loss to Alabama and in the playoff field. They played Ole Miss and got beat by a true freshman Shea Patterson. Those two, that was it.

• For Fisher, Alabama and Tennessee this year, you could have won those games, and none of this would be going on. You win one of those two, and Fisher is still coaching here. For losing back-to-back the way they did, they played well enough that it made it worse. A large part due to horrific blocking in the second halves. The frustration mounted, and I don't think he could recover.

Segment 2 (9:29:25 - 26:15:23)

• Creed is as populare now as they have ever been. The Vikings are playing them now. Rangers did it in the World Series. They are back on tour. They are meme’d everywhere. They were played at Kyle Field for the last couple of weeks. I like them.

• I need a drive around in the car video with me singing, and then Scott Stapp is riding shot gun.

• I was in Kansas City Monday night. It was a blast. I got to sit up in the suite with the Kelces and all Travis’ buddies from high school. We get on a giant bus, and it's like a limo inside. The first song that came on was Bad Bunny. Everyone was vibing, and then the Chiefs lost.

• We have this show. We have what I am writing. We have Friday's show for two hours. We can start talking football now.

• I know there is stuff out there about Evan Stewart from Texas sources. Those guys have been foaming at the mouth, waiting for him. It's a bizarre obsession. They are dying for Stewart to not succeed at A&M. If he didn't miss two or three games, his numbers would be fine. There are reports that he is not traveling this week and won't play. That is still TBD. He was in the building at team meetings yesterday.

• Putting Stewart on transfer portal watch? I would too. A lot of the higher profile guys during a coaching change will have options. I would also say let's see who they hire and see if that changes anything. Not just with Stewart in particular but with other guys. We are stating the obvious. I think there is a good chance that would have happened with Fisher still here too. Maybe your best chance is with a change.

• The key in 2023 is to determine what is going to take to keep Stewart. Texas had people who mortgaged their souls to keep Xavier Worthy last year. He has won some football games this year. It's worth it. For anyone who knows, he had one foot out the door.

• At LSU, their people don’t know. I had a person say Brian Kelly should sue me because I said he might be interested in the Michigan job if it opens up. That same person might throw a fit if they heard that Malik Nabers was allegedly telling a lot of people that he was likely to go into the portal. LSU got wind of it and made sure he didn't leave. That's been the best thing that has happened for them.

• When these things happen, you have to decide who you go all in on and reach a certain point where it may take too much to keep said offensive lineman, so instead, we can go get a comparable offensive lineman, who is as good or better and get a starting SEC cornerback. That's roster management.

• As of yesterday, there is still a chance Stewart can play this weekend and travel. That is not a done deal. If he doesn't practice all week, he won't travel.

• I don't know if any player says, "I can't let that losing streak get to 10," but most of the dogs, will say, "Man, it's LSU. We beat them last year, and they want revenge. They want to embarrass us." There is a word that starts with "F" LSU. They think they will embarrass us. Ain't happening. There are guys that will feel that way. That is who I want on that football field. That's it.

• I hope Stewart is suited up and out there playing because he is competitive as hell. I like what Moose Muhammad has done. Max Johnson is a guy who wishes he could play. He would do anything in his body to go play this weekend. I want Jaylen Henderson to feel the same way. Conner Weigman would like another crack at them. If you don't have that, sit your ass at home. There are plenty of guys that feel that way, but there are too many that don't. It's not an A&M thing or a Fisher thing. It's a losing thing. if you lose enough, that happens. I give Texas a hard time, but they are winning.

• Ainias Smith has tried. They lost to Ole Miss, but it was one of their better offensive performances. They handled South Carolina. They pummeled Mississippi State. They have played good ball since the bye.

• Jayden Daniels wants his Heisman coronation in Death Valley. The last guy to do that? Joe Burrow. That was a better LSU team and a worse A&M team.

• I have not heard anything about guys wanting to sit. That encouraging. The practice has been very well attended since Elijah Robinson took over. They want to go out and win. The question is can they score enough to keep pace against LSU? A&M has a top-10 defense. They have a weakness. That weakness does not match up well with LSU's strengths. This quarterback's strength is avoiding pressure. That is not a favorable matchup. Ole Miss wasn't either, and they scored 38.

Segment 3 (26:15:24 - 42:22:11)

• I am willing to talk about more than the timeline. Right now, as we sit here on Wednesday, I think today and yesterday, I know the goal was to really narrow it down. Ross Bjork and Justin Moore are spearheading this search. Right now, they are narrowing it down to a couple, maybe three. It was a wide net early and went down to a large handful. They vetted everybody, and the decision will be, "OK, we are going to go after this guy and continue to interview and carry through the process on another candidate or two.”

• As of today, you are looking at two or three guys emerging. From what I have talked to other coaches and agents around the country, it will narrow down to three finalists right about now.

• Let's say Kalen DeBoer. Do I think he is still a candidate? The games this weekend do matter. He is still in the Pac-12 championship. Coaches that have an opportunity for a playoff berth? Let's take him for example. That's a tough one. He will not leave a job unfinished or let himself be distracted while attempting to complete this storybook achievement. Because of that, if he was your guy, you would have a tough decision. You figure it out.

• Dan Campbell is not in it, just like I told everyone Dan Lanning wasn't going to be in it. It wasn't even remotely even true. With a guy like DaBoer, I say the same thing with Campbell. If you could get Campbell, you would wait until after the Super Bowl and figure it out. If you felt as certain as certain could be, you wait. You figure it out. If you are not 100 percent certain, I don't think you can wait. My guess is that A&M does not have that level of certainty.

• I would not knock Mike Elko off the list of candidates. There is Ryan Day smoke, but I am skeptical of it. I am skeptical if that's not an agent drumming up stuff. I would continue to include Day as a candidate. That is not who I would expect them to land. Go lose to Michigan and see if that gets interesting, at all.

• There are, in my mind, people who are way more likely than Day. One of which I will not say today. By the way, it is not Matt Rhule. I mentioned him in that big list, and people kind of zeroed in on him. To me, if this search were a year ago, if I were A&M, I would be going full tilt at Luke Fickell. Maybe he just made a bad hire with Phil Longo. They have not had a great year at Wisconsin.

• They have been very thorough across the street. Everything you have thought of, they have thought of. I don't want a search to go by without leaving a stone unturned. I do not feel that way. Guys like Fickell and Rhule, even though they have only been at their schools for one year, they probably look at A&M and go, "Damn. If it's a year earlier, I am there." Hell, Lanning might have been. That $20 million buyout might have gone up to $50 million with the Nike stuff. If you sign for seven years, it would be hard to leave after one. I do not think it will be him.

• You better hire someone who really understands what they are walking into with this conference and in this state at this stage. A&M has not won, but the expectations are here. The talent level is here. You are coming to win an SEC title and compete for national championships. There is a bigness to this thing that not everyone is cut out for. The past does not mean it cannot happen in the future.

• A&M has to get the right guy. I think the right guy still has to be equipped to handle how big this job is and what the expectations are. The people outside can call it unrealistic. That's stupid. It's a fair expectation. There is somebody out there. Urban Meyer, I don't believe is the guy.

• You have to find the right coach. You look at every team that is won. A&M has talent. Their roster is equipped to win titles. They were last year, and they will be next year
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, utexas8 said:

He does crack instead of coke?

Meth

25 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It always amazes me how the aggy propagandists are so dismissive when an aggy commit visits another school, yet they scream from the rooftops when another school’s commit visits them. They work themselves into a frenzy, as if they are filling their jars for bonfire.

That'll be $9.95 please.

6 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

• *Billy singing* “Hello, my friend we meet again. Been a while. Where should we begin? How bout some COACHINGGGG?”

• *More singing* Is it Jeff Traylor or Jedd Fisch? I don't think it's either. Sorry to squash the Jedd Fisch rumor. I'm going to turn Jedd Fisch into a dead fish. Run to Twitter! Let's randomly speculate!

• People pull anything I say about Jimbo Fisher. The reality is it doesn't cost me a moment of my day. A lot of what was said about Fisher is that he almost got it. They were 9-1 in the COVID-19 year. That team was built, if not for the schedule change,  to probably go 12-1. If Ohio State plays more than five or six games, they have more of a chance to lose than be in the CFP. COVID-19 is what kept Trevor Lawrence from playing.

• I have had your back on feuds, but on the SEC Mike feud, I might have had his. He was wrong about Sam Pittman vs. Fisher.

• Look at tenures. Kevin Sumlin, to me, in hindsight, UCLA was the death knell, but there is always something you see before that. They rose to No. 4 after the Kyle Allen-Kyler Murray thing. They started beating people. One loss to Alabama and in the playoff field. They played Ole Miss and got beat by a true freshman Shea Patterson. Those two, that was it.

• For Fisher, Alabama and Tennessee this year, you could have won those games, and none of this would be going on. You win one of those two, and Fisher is still coaching here. For losing back-to-back the way they did, they played well enough that it made it worse. A large part due to horrific blocking in the second halves. The frustration mounted, and I don't think he could recover.

• Creed is as populare now as they have ever been. The Vikings are playing them now. Rangers did it in the World Series. They are back on tour. They are meme’d everywhere. They were played at Kyle Field for the last couple of weeks. I like them.

• I need a drive around in the car video with me singing, and then Scott Stapp is riding shot gun.

• I was in Kansas City Monday night. It was a blast. I got to sit up in the suite with the Kelces and all Travis’ buddies from high school. We get on a giant bus, and it's like a limo inside. The first song that came on was Bad Bunny. Everyone was vibing, and then the Chiefs lost.

• We have this show. We have what I am writing. We have Friday's show for two hours. We can start talking football now.

• I know there is stuff out there about Evan Stewart from Texas sources. Those guys have been foaming at the mouth, waiting for him. It's a bizarre obsession. They are dying for Stewart to not succeed at A&M. If he didn't miss two or three games, his numbers would be fine. There are reports that he is not traveling this week and won't play. That is still TBD. He was in the building at team meetings yesterday.

• Putting Stewart on transfer portal watch? I would too. A lot of the higher profile guys during a coaching change will have options. I would also say let's see who they hire and see if that changes anything. Not just with Stewart in particular but with other guys. We are stating the obvious. I think there is a good chance that would have happened with Fisher still here too. Maybe your best chance is with a change.

• The key in 2023 is to determine what is going to take to keep Stewart. Texas had people who mortgaged their souls to keep Xavier Worthy last year. He has won some football games this year. It's worth it. For anyone who knows, he had one foot out the door.

• At LSU, their people don’t know. I had a person say Brian Kelly should sue me because I said he might be interested in the Michigan job if it opens up. That same person might throw a fit if they heard that Malik Nabers was allegedly telling a lot of people that he was likely to go into the portal. LSU got wind of it and made sure he didn't leave. That's been the best thing that has happened for them.

• When these things happen, you have to decide who you go all in on and reach a certain point where it may take too much to keep said offensive lineman, so instead, we can go get a comparable offensive lineman, who is as good or better and get a starting SEC cornerback. That's roster management.

• As of yesterday, there is still a chance Stewart can play this weekend and travel. That is not a done deal. If he doesn't practice all week, he won't travel.

• I don't know if any player says, "I can't let that losing streak get to 10," but most of the dogs, will say, "Man, it's LSU. We beat them last year, and they want revenge. They want to embarrass us." There is a word that starts with "F" LSU. They think they will embarrass us. Ain't happening. There are guys that will feel that way. That is who I want on that football field. That's it.

• I hope Stewart is suited up and out there playing because he is competitive as hell. I like what Moose Muhammad has done. Max Johnson is a guy who wishes he could play. He would do anything in his body to go play this weekend. I want Jaylen Henderson to feel the same way. Conner Weigman would like another crack at them. If you don't have that, sit your ass at home. There are plenty of guys that feel that way, but there are too many that don't. It's not an A&M thing or a Fisher thing. It's a losing thing. if you lose enough, that happens. I give Texas a hard time, but they are winning.

• Ainias Smith has tried. They lost to Ole Miss, but it was one of their better offensive performances. They handled South Carolina. They pummeled Mississippi State. They have played good ball since the bye.

• Jayden Daniels wants his Heisman coronation in Death Valley. The last guy to do that? Joe Burrow. That was a better LSU team and a worse A&M team.

• I have not heard anything about guys wanting to sit. That encouraging. The practice has been very well attended since Elijah Robinson took over. They want to go out and win. The question is can they score enough to keep pace against LSU? A&M has a top-10 defense. They have a weakness. That weakness does not match up well with LSU's strengths. This quarterback's strength is avoiding pressure. That is not a favorable matchup. Ole Miss wasn't either, and they scored 38.

• I am willing to talk about more than the timeline. Right now, as we sit here on Wednesday, I think today and yesterday, I know the goal was to really narrow it down. Ross Bjork and Justin Moore are spearheading this search. Right now, they are narrowing it down to a couple, maybe three. It was a wide net early and went down to a large handful. They vetted everybody, and the decision will be, "OK, we are going to go after this guy and continue to interview and carry through the process on another candidate or two.”

• As of today, you are looking at two or three guys emerging. From what I have talked to other coaches and agents around the country, it will narrow down to three finalists right about now.

• Let's say Kalen DeBoer. Do I think he is still a candidate? The games this weekend do matter. He is still in the Pac-12 championship. Coaches that have an opportunity for a playoff berth? Let's take him for example. That's a tough one. He will not leave a job unfinished or let himself be distracted while attempting to complete this storybook achievement. Because of that, if he was your guy, you would have a tough decision. You figure it out.

• Dan Campbell is not in it, just like I told everyone Dan Lanning wasn't going to be in it. It wasn't even remotely even true. With a guy like DaBoer, I say the same thing with Campbell. If you could get Campbell, you would wait until after the Super Bowl and figure it out. If you felt as certain as certain could be, you wait. You figure it out. If you are not 100 percent certain, I don't think you can wait. My guess is that A&M does not have that level of certainty.

• I would not knock Mike Elko off the list of candidates. There is Ryan Day smoke, but I am skeptical of it. I am skeptical if that's not an agent drumming up stuff. I would continue to include Day as a candidate. That is not who I would expect them to land. Go lose to Michigan and see if that gets interesting, at all.

• There are, in my mind, people who are way more likely than Day. One of which I will not say today. By the way, it is not Matt Rhule. I mentioned him in that big list, and people kind of zeroed in on him. To me, if this search were a year ago, if I were A&M, I would be going full tilt at Luke Fickell. Maybe he just made a bad hire with Phil Longo. They have not had a great year at Wisconsin.

• They have been very thorough across the street. Everything you have thought of, they have thought of. I don't want a search to go by without leaving a stone unturned. I do not feel that way. Guys like Fickell and Rhule, even though they have only been at their schools for one year, they probably look at A&M and go, "Damn. If it's a year earlier, I am there." Hell, Lanning might have been. That $20 million buyout might have gone up to $50 million with the Nike stuff. If you sign for seven years, it would be hard to leave after one. I do not think it will be him.

• You better hire someone who really understands what they are walking into with this conference and in this state at this stage. A&M has not won, but the expectations are here. The talent level is here. You are coming to win an SEC title and compete for national championships. There is a bigness to this thing that not everyone is cut out for. The past does not mean it cannot happen in the future.

• A&M has to get the right guy. I think the right guy still has to be equipped to handle how big this job is and what the expectations are. The people outside can call it unrealistic. That's stupid. It's a fair expectation. There is somebody out there. Urban Meyer, I don't believe is the guy.

• You have to find the right coach. You look at every team that is won. A&M has talent. Their roster is equipped to win titles. They were last year, and they will be next year

Billy is perfect for that school -- just a fucking complete dipshit tool.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

IMG_0477.thumb.jpeg.6e4494d64159ba93d7b1311663440942.jpeg

With a name like “Hunter Andrews”, I thought for sure he was a TE.

IMG_0479.thumb.jpeg.ec569c27c1f5001f9ac9f4286f010781.jpeg

Nope, he’s a 6’2” 215 RB…

…who I could see playing H-Back/TE.

I mean look at him!

IMG_0478.thumb.jpeg.450211919bdf64787d4b329bba58c2cb.jpeg

A police sketch artist could have drawn that face if all you had told them was-

“The guy’s name is ‘Hunter Andrews’ and he plays football.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Interesting that Billy is saying it ain't Fisch.

I'm looking at DeBoer a little closer and I'm surprised that he has not elevated UW recruiting at all. Lanning has absolutely lapped UW. He might be a great coach but I'm now more interested to see what he will do without Pennix and those WR's. Wonder if he takes the aggy job because of Weigman and sees his big 10 transition may not go so smoothly. 

20 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Here are the men's collegiate Polo teams that compete for the US Polo Association championship: Babson, Brown, Cornell, Harvard, Skidmore, Yale, Kentucky, UVA, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Middle Tennessee State, Georgetown, Morehouse, Colorado State, OK State, SMU, aggy, North Texas, Texas Tech, Cal Poly-Obispo, Stanford, Grossmont, Montana State, Oregon State.

Texas has a men's Polo team but we don't take it that seriously. 

Skidmore, Missouri High School?

41 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

So many Texas references, followed by non denials. The rest of the show is coulda woulda shoulda. 

21 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I'm looking at DeBoer a little closer and I'm surprised that he has not elevated UW recruiting at all. Lanning has absolutely lapped UW. He might be a great coach but I'm now more interested to see what he will do without Pennix and those WR's. Wonder if he takes the aggy job because of Weigman and sees his big 10 transition may not go so smoothly. 

Yeah man, Oregon has been basically in the top 15 in the composite every year in the last decade and in the top 10 more than they have been outside of the top 15.

even if you look at the low water marks for Oregon (17 they were 19th and ahead of Washington, 16, they were 27th and ahead of Washington, 14 they were 21 and ahead of Washington) - there has never been a year in the last decade that Oregon was behind Washington in the composite rankings for a class.

look at the 2023 Team Talent composite: Oregon is #10 with 5 5* , 48 4* and 32 3*. avg of 89.96 - ahead of Notre Dame, Miami, Penn St, Michigan and Florida. they are just behind OU at the top of the kind of 3rd tier in the rankings.

Washington is #26 with 0 5*, 27 4* and 49 3* and an avg of 87.6. they are behind UCLA, Mizzou and just ahead of Michigan State, Lousiville, Mississippi St and Wisconsin. 

if you go back to the first year this was done (2015) - Oregon is #20 with 2 5*, 24 4* and Washington is #29 with 0 5* and 15 4*

2020: Oregon is #12 with 4 5*, 33 4* and 47 3* - Washington is #19 with 1 5*, 42 4* and 40 3*

you don't bring in DeBoer because he is some recruiting witch. you bring him in for his scheme.

Lanning is a fantastic recruiter whose background at Georgia set him up at Oregon. add in that Oregon is a significantly better recruiting program and has way more NIL at hand and yea...you continue to see Oregon going up in recruiting and Washington actually dropping.

so you have a guy (Lanning) whose rep is a great recruiter at a school which has been a great recruiting school and recruited better than Washington for basically the last 20 years (Oregon), and you are shocked that DeBoer hasn't caught up to Oregon in recruiting?

image.png.0ee4aae35a428aebe2dc48eab07ee370.png

You don't see that kind of dedication every day. It must really be pissing off the obsessed t-sips that Evan makes time to be in the building where team meetings are happening. I could just spit!

image.png.9551e3d017dde7334ab7d1eece9e33d5.png

Genius! Genius, I tell you. You say that you can do it. You're bound to be right. You were all over the wisdom of a Jimbo extension like a motherfucker.

image.png.faf0971a905c451eb98d86acfe869f39.png

Now that they've managed Jimbo's goal of bowl eligibility, they can move onto the goal #2: not getting embarrassed. Ain't happening. Close loss as a good as a win. I have no idea what he's trying to say after that. That's it.

image.png.cd6c7224c0af102f19b81fc9e0df648f.png

1 Enormously encouraging. Some guys might even play. Outstanding!

2 Wow, going to practice! These guys are all in!

3 A&M wants to win. Billy drills down to reach the reservoirs of wisdom: We'll have to score more points to do it.

4 Wait a minute, Billy. I thought embarrassment ain't happenin'. Save me with your last sentence, buddy.

5 Hey, guys, looks like me might get routed even if Evan has attended some meetings and other have attended practice.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NoName said:

Yeah man, Oregon has been basically in the top 15 in the composite every year in the last decade and in the top 10 more than they have been outside of the top 15.

even if you look at the low water marks for Oregon (17 they were 19th and ahead of Washington, 16, they were 27th and ahead of Washington, 14 they were 21 and ahead of Washington) - there has never been a year in the last decade that Oregon was behind Washington in the composite rankings for a class.

look at the 2023 Team Talent composite: Oregon is #10 with 5 5* , 48 4* and 32 3*. avg of 89.96 - ahead of Notre Dame, Miami, Penn St, Michigan and Florida. they are just behind OU at the top of the kind of 3rd tier in the rankings.

Washington is #26 with 0 5*, 27 4* and 49 3* and an avg of 87.6. they are behind UCLA, Mizzou and just ahead of Michigan State, Lousiville, Mississippi St and Wisconsin. 

if you go back to the first year this was done (2015) - Oregon is #20 with 2 5*, 24 4* and Washington is #29 with 0 5* and 15 4*

2020: Oregon is #12 with 4 5*, 33 4* and 47 3* - Washington is #19 with 1 5*, 42 4* and 40 3*

you don't bring in DeBoer because he is some recruiting witch. you bring him in for his scheme.

Lanning is a fantastic recruiter whose background at Georgia set him up at Oregon. add in that Oregon is a significantly better recruiting program and has way more NIL at hand and yea...you continue to see Oregon going up in recruiting and Washington actually dropping.

so you have a guy (Lanning) whose rep is a great recruiter at a school which has been a great recruiting school and recruited better than Washington for basically the last 20 years (Oregon), and you are shocked that DeBoer hasn't caught up to Oregon in recruiting?

I'm not saying he should be at oregon levels but he has not elevated them at all from the norm. With what he is good at doing,  you might think he would have recruited better WR and QB. UW isn't some outpost school but they are more similar to Oregon State than Oregon on the trail. Once again oregon has recruiting rolling for some years now so my expectation isn't to be at that level. But some sort of improvement should be expected but it's not happening. 

Edited by Butch Had Not
Grammar sux

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

The same thing (about QB) could be said about Lanning. Both Nix and Penix will be 24 by the next draft - the same age as Trevor Lawrence who has been in the NFL for 3 years. Experienced QBs (that were transfers) have helped both tremendously. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Duke 247 guy (Adam Rowe) and Tarp wrote an article - they think Elko stays at Duke.

The gist:

"After talking to numerous sources, we feel comfortable reporting that Elko has indicated to multiple people, including his players, that his intention is to stay in Durham as the head coach at Duke."

"They (commits) are all operating under the expectation that Elko will be their head coach next season.

At this time, I feel comfortable stating that will be the case."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The Duke 247 guy (Adam Rowe) and Tarp wrote an article - they think Elko stays at Duke.

The gist:

"After talking to numerous sources, we feel comfortable reporting that Elko has indicated to multiple people, including his players, that his intention is to stay in Durham as the head coach at Duke."

"They (commits) are all operating under the expectation that Elko will be their head coach next season.

At this time, I feel comfortable stating that will be the case."

Hey man, remember when Herman told everyone he wasn’t leaving Houston? Id trust 99% of these guys as far as I could throw them

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Kinda weird he didn’t mention traylor at all

Gerry (IT) reiterates that aggy ‘has their guy’ and that it’s a current P5 HC. 

Looch says that it’s not Fisch. 

Football Scoop reporting that Jonathan Smith is the sole focus of Michigan St. 

Duke sources believe Elko is returning. 

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gerry (IT) reiterates that aggy ‘has their guy’ and that it’s a current P5 HC. 

Looch says that it’s not Fisch. 

Football Scoop reporting that Jonathan Smith is the sole focus of Michigan St. 

Duke sources believe Elko is returning. 

My left field candidate is Drinkwitz.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I remember my physics final at RLM. I was in the building when the exam took place. I wasn’t in the classroom, but sort of classroom adjacent. I still got a 0 for some reason.

Hell, that’s better than I did… and I actually took the final exam!