the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

4 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Mr. Fielder’s only justification was that the source was the
“President of the United States.”

I would love to have been the judge in that case just to be able to say:

”The President of the United States isn’t good enough.”

I know we can write her off as a ranting crazy person, but this mindset is running pretty rampant. The problem isn’t that she’s saying insane things, it’s that the insane things she says are so normal.
Years ago, I first noticed the game of faith chicken that goes on in some churches. The more outlandish and unbelievable the claim expressed, the greater the sign of faith and thus the more holy it is. It leads to this madness.

I am so stealing that phrase.
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Difficult to prove if every Trump/GOP Enterprise is corrupt…..there are no legitimate enterprises to take over. amirite!?

Yeah, it would be like building a case against a Mob family for not keeping corporate minutes.

"Look, we're willing to look past the extortion, racketeering, tax fraud, embezzlement, and corruption...you're the Mob...that's what you do.  But we'll be dammed if you're gonna callously flaunt the bylaws requirements of these United States of America!"   

At this point, what the fuck is the "Trump Organization" except the name listed on a bunch of liens around the world, and the renter of some warehouse space in North Jersey filled with rotting steaks and bottled water??

50 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, it would be like building a case against a Mob family for not keeping corporate minutes.

"Look, we're willing to look past the extortion, racketeering, tax fraud, embezzlement, and corruption...you're the Mob...that's what you do.  But we'll be dammed if you're gonna callously flaunt the bylaws requirements of these United States of America!"   

At this point, what the fuck is the "Trump Organization" except the name listed on a bunch of liens around the world, and the renter of some warehouse space in North Jersey filled with rotting steaks and bottled water??

What's really pathetic is that was well known throughout the planet, including the US, well before 2016. To have even considered making this effeminate loser POTUS at that time is like in the late 1990's someone saying "Ted Kaczynski should be US Postmaster General!!!" 

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

On 8/2/2021 at 12:55 PM, C-Man said:

The "mark of the beast" comment hit me. My BIL is a MAGA/Trump idiot who has refused to this point to get vaccinated. My wife is vaxxed as are both of their parents. Wife runs her dad's dental practice. At any rate, my in-laws have been battling health issues the past month and finally they began seriously grilling my BIL why he won't get vaccinated. He's saying he won't do it because of religious reasons, etc.

He goes to church every week (Preston Hollow Presbyterian -- I know they're not teaching this shit) 

That's bizarre.  Presbyterians tend to be the most rational of Christians.

• Hook 'Em 1

What's really pathetic is that was well known throughout the planet, including the US, well before 2016. To have even considered making this effeminate loser POTUS at that time is like in the late 1990's someone saying "Ted Kaczynski should be US Postmaster General!!!" 

You arrogant ass….the 2024 Trump Admin will make this happen.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Generally agreed.  However, Highland Park Presbyterian, which was a big PCUSA church, serving not just HP, had a schism about 10-15 years ago.

Part of the schism was that PCUSA required individual churches to deed their property to the central denomination and the property there is worth 10s or 100s of millions (I guess it makes good collateral or something because I don't think anyone would consider selling it and moving the church).  Anyway, a group of robber barons strenuously objected to the transfer and they also happened to be fundagelical types that additionally cast the issue as PCUSA being too tolerant of female clergy and hommasekshuls and other commanis propositions.

The vote (remaining a PCUSA denomination and deeding over the property or switching to PCAmerica, which is Calvinist Baptist (a joke)) narrowly decided to stay PCUSA, but a bunch of people left for Presbybaptist or flat fundagelical churches.  Quite a few went to Preston Hollow, but I see that it too is PCUSA.  I think the clergy staff there also shifted pretty right and it turned off a lot of the regular, PCUSA Presbyterians.

The moral of the story being that even mainline Prod denominations that eschew stupidity harbor a fair number of fundagelicals.  And some olds that probably aren't full-on Trumpsters or fundagelicals but are pretty socially conservative.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Maybe it owns the NFT of trump throwing paper towel rolls at Puerto Ricans.  That has to be worth something. Or maybe that’s owned by the photographer(s) that video’d it. Or maybe we the people own it as work product of the chief executive. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

You get the Presbyterianism in the pew, while you're bored, and the apocalyptic shit off FB, while you're interested.

Got a family member right now who is all (friendly) Evangelical Jibberish when we text, when I am pretty sure she's Episcopalian and you'd expect her to be checking behind the servants to see if the place settings were polished. I'll bet money she has gone off into tent revival land thanks to staring at her phone.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Generally agreed.  However, Highland Park Presbyterian, which was a big PCUSA church, serving not just HP, had a schism about 10-15 years ago.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Part of the schism was that PCUSA required individual churches to deed their property to the central denomination and the property there is worth 10s or 100s of millions (I guess it makes good collateral or something because I don't think anyone would consider selling it and moving the church).  Anyway, a group of robber barons strenuously objected to the transfer and they also happened to be fundagelical types that additionally cast the issue as PCUSA being too tolerant of female clergy and hommasekshuls and other commanis propositions.

The vote (remaining a PCUSA denomination and deeding over the property or switching to PCAmerica, which is Calvinist Baptist (a joke)) narrowly decided to stay PCUSA, but a bunch of people left for Presbybaptist or flat fundagelical churches.  Quite a few went to Preston Hollow, but I see that it too is PCUSA. 

The bulk fled to the new PCPC on Oak Lawn. 

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I believe the Catholic dioceses of Dallas is located on oak lawn.  Always seemed…incongruous to me. 

Until you realize that the Catholic Church, and most churches for that matter, are really just tax-free real estate holdings companies. 

That's sort of true.  But having it on their balance sheet is sorta counter-productive.  The outside world looks in and sees "Land/Improvements: $20mm.  cash on hand:  $20k"  So it looks like they're rich, but actually living month-to-month hence the need for aggressive fundraising/tithing/donations.  To the outside, they seem wealthy but it's paper equity they can't really touch.  To the inside, it's a call for help, 'We only have 2 months of G&A...can you please help?'  

What I can't fucking believe in this country is how there is not a corollary industry that doesn't tailor equity lines of credit to churches sitting on massive appreciated lands/buildings.  They don't have to pay property taxes so that should free up some cash flow to pay the ammortized note.  Come in 50bps lower than commercial because you can piece all of them in bulk from around the diocese/whatever you call a group of protestant churches in an area.  They're infinitely easier and faster to underwrite than almost any other asset type.  They can start funding missions, expansions, classes, outreach, etc. out of that pool of cash instead of constantly threatening their parish, "We're going under/we're disappointing Jesus if we don't complete the annex by September 1st!"  

I guess they don't do it because the cash always comes through in the end.  But I've seen some churches that just can't make it.  They have to fold, but it's rarely for inability to pay the note on the land or the construction.  It's usually because the congregation dies/moves away or they stole everything they could steal or the church they kick up to regionally/nationally folds them for some other reason.  

Okay, where's the next grift between crumbling churches and Trump?  I'm IN! 

40 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I believe the Catholic dioceses of Dallas is located on oak lawn.  Always seemed…incongruous to me. 

Until you realize that the Catholic Church, and most churches for that matter, are really just tax-free real estate holdings companies. 

Incongruous because gayborhood or high-falutin?

At the time the diocese located there, it was pretty much just another neighborhood, especially compared to the other northern "burbs."  The original Parkland is just down the road.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Incongruous because gayborhood or high-falutin?

At the time the diocese located there, it was pretty much just another neighborhood, especially compared to the other northern "burbs."  The original Parkland is just down the road.

Because gay area. Maybe it’s actually on cedar springs in that area, I just remember seeing it. They can always relocate if they didn’t care for the changes to the area over the past 50 years.  

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Because gay area. Maybe it’s actually on cedar springs in that area, I just remember seeing it. They can always relocate if they didn’t care for the changes to the area over the past 50 years.  

Oh, it's definitely the gayborhood.  One of the best gay communities in the country, supposedly.  Cedar Springs is more "out" and "festive," but the whole area is heavily populated with gays and gay couples.  It is a great place to live, really.

But that didn't start until the 70s.  The upscale apartments and stuff didn't start until the 60s, and there's been a resurgence.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That diocese shares a lot with a bank. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Oh, it's definitely the gayborhood.  One of the best gay communities in the country, supposedly.  Cedar Springs is more "out" and "festive," but the whole area is heavily populated with gays and gay couples.  It is a great place to live, really.

But that didn't start until the 70s.  The upscale apartments and stuff didn't start until the 60s, and there's been a resurgence.

When I was in college, my brother bartended down there occasionally and I’d go drink when I was up for summer. It was a fun crowd. This was late 90s. 

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

That's sort of true.  But having it on their balance sheet is sorta counter-productive.  The outside world looks in and sees "Land/Improvements: $20mm.  cash on hand:  $20k"  So it looks like they're rich, but actually living month-to-month hence the need for aggressive fundraising/tithing/donations.  To the outside, they seem wealthy but it's paper equity they can't really touch.  To the inside, it's a call for help, 'We only have 2 months of G&A...can you please help?'  

What I can't fucking believe in this country is how there is not a corollary industry that doesn't tailor equity lines of credit to churches sitting on massive appreciated lands/buildings.  They don't have to pay property taxes so that should free up some cash flow to pay the ammortized note. 

GIF by Achievement Hunter

More on the denial of the motions to dismiss.  https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/federal-judge-hands-dominion-procedural-win-defamation-lawsuit-to-move-forward-against-giuliani-sidney-powell-and-my-pillow/

Judge made pretty quick, but thorough, work of all of it.  Cut through all that "opinion" and litigation privilege shit like butta.

Also, Dominion apparently finally sued Newsmax and OAN, including Chanel Rion and Christina Bobb Dobalina.  Recall that both networks tried to make nice for a bit, but apparently couldn't restrain themselves from the revenue from the above, and others.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

More on the denial of the motions to dismiss.  https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/federal-judge-hands-dominion-procedural-win-defamation-lawsuit-to-move-forward-against-giuliani-sidney-powell-and-my-pillow/

Judge made pretty quick, but thorough, work of all of it.  Cut through all that "opinion" and litigation privilege shit like butta.

Also, Dominion apparently finally sued Newsmax and OAN, including Chanel Rion and Christina Bobb Dobalina.  Recall that both networks tried to make nice for a bit, but apparently couldn't restrain themselves from the revenue from the above, and others.

Reading that opinion, it looks like that judge (Trump appointee) might even grant summary judgment in favor of Dominion.  I'm not sure that's totally feasible in a defamation case, but the ruling on the MTD seems to show what he thinks of it pretty clearly.

• Like 1

Lulz

“That expert has also publicly claimed that George Soros, President George H.W. Bush‘s father, the Muslim Brotherhood, and ‘leftists’ helped form the ‘Deep State’ in Nazi Germany in the 1930s—which would have been a remarkable feat for Soros, who was born in 1930,” Nichols noted in one parenthetical.

• Haha 2