the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

You're looking at Donald Trump 2.0.

He talks to people in an effective, conversational way. He's an outsider. He's a "successful" business man. He's close to the original Donald J. Trump.

He. Will. Say. Anything.

I'm not joking. If he stays out of jail, he will make a fortune off of this. He may be the latest guy to seize the reins of the hate engine/criminal operation created by the GOP.

I'm not predicting he'll get elected. I'm not really predicting anything. I'm just opining about what I see.

Who ever thought Trump would actually be president and command a following of around 70 million voters, more than half of whom are dead-enders?

Not me. I found him absurd and laughable. I was way off.

If we're lucky, he'll die of a cocaine overdose before 2024.

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This country won’t survive a legit trump 2.0

There's not one though.  

Lest we forget, Trump revved up a lot of people who don't normally vote (as proven by their past voting records and numbers compared to previous elections) because he was able to play the part of political outsider who wanted to tear everything down. 

And in 2020 he had the help of the Qanon nuts, many of whom had also not voted much previously, and many who have now faded back into the woodwork.

Cruz, DeSantis, Lindell, etc. are all pathetic shadows of what they think Trump is.  And I agree that Lindell is probably the closest, but hell, look at his Cyberthon or whatever, he couldn't even fill up individual tables, let alone the room.

Cruz, DeSantis, etc. are not going to be filling up cow pastures in Butt Fuck, Alabama with thousands of supporters.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/25/2021 at 6:08 PM, henrygandorf said:

i actually agree with this one.  no way in hell that fat orange fuck gained 12mm votes in 4 years.

Well, they can't audit Arizona, because those cyber ninja fucks corrupted the data.

Maybe there's a backup.

Nah.

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's not one though.  

Lest we forget, Trump revved up a lot of people who don't normally vote (as proven by their past voting records and numbers compared to previous elections) because he was able to play the part of political outsider who wanted to tear everything down. 

And in 2020 he had the help of the Qanon nuts, many of whom had also not voted much previously, and many who have now faded back into the woodwork.

Cruz, DeSantis, Lindell, etc. are all pathetic shadows of what they think Trump is.  And I agree that Lindell is probably the closest, but hell, look at his Cyberthon or whatever, he couldn't even fill up individual tables, let alone the room.

Cruz, DeSantis, etc. are not going to be filling up cow pastures in Butt Fuck, Alabama with thousands of supporters.

I’ve thought this is true for a while but now I’m thinking their biggest chance is to siphon the Hispanic and black vote in my opinion.  You can’t get the yokels out to vote like they did for dotard but you might grab 40% Hispanic and 25% black with those folks.  That would be dangerous in getting those losers in. 

• Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's not one though.  

This is a bit of a tangent, but I was skimming the old gamergate thread on Shaggy the other day and realized that you were one of the posters that was pretty sympathetic to what was a completely manufactured bad-faith harassment campaign that you thought was actually about ethics in gaming journalism. You certainly weren't Prophet, you weren't calling any of the victims sluts or anything, but you gave credence to the obvious bullshit claims that the whole thing was really about some scandalous behavior by unethical journalists (it wasn't) and implicitly criticized gaming sites for focusing the story on the misogyny in the movement instead of the potential corruption of gaming journalists (if you think I'm mischaracterizing any of your posts from that thread, here's the link: http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/149066-How-Zoe-Quinn-(game-developer-SJW-nutjob)-!ed-her-way-to-the-top). 

As it turns out, gamergate was nothing but an organized harassment campaign intended to manipulate media coverage of gaming and scare women they didn't like out of the industry with rape and death threats. Leaked IRC logs prove that their "justifications" were made up and that they knew it. The logo they created for to represent them was a goddamn 4chan rape joke meme. And despite how stupid and juvenile and insignificant this all might seem, some of the people involved with Gamergate went on to become hugely influential figures on the right and used many of the exact same tactics to help bring the alt-right into the mainstream and transform the Republican party into a blatantly fascist party just a few years later. 

My point is that you've been misunderstanding and underestimating these assholes for closing in on a decade now. If I were you, this realization would cause me to wonder why I got it so wrong in the past and whether I'm still getting it wrong now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Days After ‘Kraken’ Sanctions Ruling, Wisconsin Governor Asks Judge to Force Trump to Pay Up ‘Personally’

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers (D) asked a federal judge to force former President Donald Trump to “personally” pay fees for his “audacious” election-subversion efforts, days after a brutal sanctions ruling imperiled the law licenses of nine lawyers who attempted to overturn the results of the 2020 election in key states.

“More than eight months ago, former President Trump filed this lawsuit in an audacious attempt to overrule the will of the voters by fiat,” the governor’s attorney Jeffrey A. Mandell wrote in a 17-page legal brief. “He sought unprecedented relief, and his team pressed the case in a slapdash manner incommensurate with the gravity of the subject matter. Now, Trump recasts the litigation in a sepia tone, glossing over flaws with conclusory exculpations and dismissing criticism as ‘Monday morning quarterbacking.'”

The Wisconsin Democrat casts this effort as revisionist history.

“Trump provides no legitimate defense of litigation conduct that went beyond mere procedural missteps, constituting a deliberate abuse of the judicial process and attempt to overturn the votes of 3.3 million Wisconsinites,” Evers’ brief demanding sanctions states.

Requesting attorneys’ fees, Evers pointed to the far heavier sanctions sought by the city of Detroit in a case by the so-called “Kraken” lawyers, whose efforts to overturn election results in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin were rejected by every court. On Wednesday night, a federal judge in Michigan referred each of the nine attorneys associated with the Michigan arm of that litigation to face disciplinary proceedings in their home states for “possible suspension or disbarment.”

On Friday, the governor’s attorneys informed U.S. District Judge Brett Ludwig about that decision.

“Recent sanctions decisions in other post-election litigation support the propriety of sanctions here,” the governor’s brief states. “Federal trial courts in Michigan and Colorado awarded fees under both 28 U.S.C. § 1927 and inherent authority in other baseless post-election cases.”

“The Michigan and Colorado decisions cited several key considerations also present here,” the brief continues. “There, as here, the litigation was ‘not a normal case in any sense,’ as its purpose was ‘questioning the validity of a Presidential election, and the fairness of the basic mechanisms of American democracy.'”

Judge Ludwig, who will determine the sanctions motion, was appointed by Trump and scathingly rejected his effort to overturn Wisconsin’s election.

“This is an extraordinary case,” Ludwig wrote in a 23-page ruling in December, italicizing the word repeatedly in his ruling. “A sitting president who did not prevail in his bid for reelection has asked for federal court help in setting aside the popular vote based on disputed issues of election administration, issues he plainly could have raised before the vote occurred. This Court has allowed plaintiff the chance to make his case and he has lost on the merits.”

“In his reply brief, plaintiff ‘asks that the Rule of Law be followed,’” Ludwig observed.

“It has been,” the judge concluded.

Wrangling over the consequences of that failed litigation has continued for several months since then, and Gov. Evers wants Trump to “personally” pay a price for it, under the court’s inherent authority.

“Nearly a month after losing re-election and having the results confirmed via recount, Trump prosecuted a lawsuit, devoid of factual or legal support, in an attempt to subvert the voters’ will, pushing bad-faith election litigation to new lows. His actions warrant sanctions under the Court’s inherent authority, and his attorneys’ conduct merits fee shifting under 28 U.S.C. § 1927.”

Trump’s attorney in the Wisconsin case, William Bock, III, did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment.

Nhl Grittynhl GIF by NLLWings

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They don't need to. First, DeSantis has enough allies in Florida on the RW airwaves to grab voters not just in Florida but elsewhere especially with certain percentages of the Hispanic vote. Plenty of white voters will go for DeSantis because they are all in on the 'freedom, eagle, patriot' mantra that @Brisketexanis fond of citing. He is getting the RW media to attack any hint of malfeasance offered by less biased journalism, and he has as much name recognition as Cruz w/o the prior Presidential debate baggage.

I don't know if he would win if the election were free and fair (ignoring suppression and outright calling SoS in swing states like the former President did) but I wouldn't be quite so dismissive of him.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They don't need to. First, DeSantis has enough allies in Florida on the RW airwaves to grab voters not just in Florida but elsewhere especially with certain percentages of the Hispanic vote. Plenty of white voters will go for DeSantis because they are all in on the 'freedom, eagle, patriot' mantra that @Brisketexanis fond of citing. He is getting the RW media to attack any hint of malfeasance offered by less biased journalism, and he has as much name recognition as Cruz w/o the prior Presidential debate baggage.

I don't know if he would win if the election were free and fair (ignoring suppression and outright calling SoS in swing states like the former President did) but I wouldn't be quite so dismissive of him.

He's also much more "palatable" to the suburban, normally Republican voters who held their noses and voted for a liberal as a means to an end to get rid of Trump.

7 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

but you gave credence to the obvious bullshit claims that the whole thing was really about some scandalous behavior by unethical journalists (it wasn't) and implicitly criticized gaming sites for focusing the story on the misogyny in the movement instead of the potential corruption of gaming journalists 

7 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

As it turns out, gamergate was nothing but an organized harassment campaign intended to manipulate media coverage of gaming and scare women they didn't like out of the industry with rape and death threats.

I said some unwarranted things and I have no problem admitting that.  I agree that there was a campaign to harass women, very much agree these days, but I think it should have been used to expose the shady practices in the industry in general. The bigger stories should have trumped all other stories about whether somebody slept with somebody else.  It should not have taken 8 years and some big ass lawsuits, including one by California, for shit like what Activision/Blizzard's employees were doing to come to light while gaming sites looked the other way.

I know somebody who knew about the Cosby Suite around the time of gamergate (he didn't know it was called the Cosby Suite), but his editors sat on the story because they were scared of Activision/Blizzard cutting off their access/advertising and/or being sued.  There was a pretty widespread practice of shitty men acting like shitty men towards women in the industry, but it went beyond that, and the gaming media was complicit with their silence.

While I did not identify them in that thread (at least I don't think I did - I tried to be somewhat vague/misleading ), I freelanced for a couple of game sites, worked for a game developer, and I knew some of the bloggers who worked for some of the websites involved prior to all of that, and ethics is not big in the industry.  I also worked for a gadget site, and saw shady shit first-hand.  I still stand by my views that there was a shit-ton of corruption with reviews.

It's not quite long gone, but the days of game companies quietly doing press junkets/vacations for favorable reviews/coverage, other favors, etc. are somewhat fading.  Generally most legitimate gaming sites now identify things like if the company flew them somewhere, gave them some fancy exclusive stuff, etc. thanks to the FTC Endorsement Guidelines being updated/revamped and/or possibly enforced.  That's changed a lot of things - I have to run disclaimers on a site I manage for a friend that has product reviews, but 10 years ago, those disclaimers weren't there, and you wouldn't know if a company sent a laptop to review, and conveniently mentioned that if it was kept for "a long time after the review", they wouldn't pester us for it to be returned.

/end derail

9 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

And despite how stupid and juvenile and insignificant this all might seem, some of the people involved with Gamergate went on to become hugely influential figures on the right and used many of the exact same tactics to help bring the alt-right into the mainstream and transform the Republican party into a blatantly fascist party just a few years later. 

My point is that you've been misunderstanding and underestimating these assholes for closing in on a decade now. If I were you, this realization would cause me to wonder why I got it so wrong in the past and whether I'm still getting it wrong now.

You are giving them too far much credit, and giving Trump far too little.

Trump brought the alt-right into the mainstream.  Trump transformed the GOP.  Trump lowered the bar.  Take Trump out of the equation and we aren't having this conversation.   

The folks you are talking about piggy-backed on a group of disaffected Republicans and non-voters who had been apathetic until Trump came along and Hillary was running.  They also benefitted from a viral movement of mentally ill and uninformed idiots (the Qanons) in 2017/2018, for whom Trump was the perfect storm for them (pun intended).

Fascists drive the crowds, which is something Trump could do ("LOCK HER UP!"), and even he has his limits (ala his push for vaccines). Most of the Republicans (like DeSantis and Cruz) simply react to the crowds and what they think the crowds want to hear.  Nobody is going to listen to Ted Cruz or Ron DeSantis and then try and go storm the Capitol.  

Trump is the key. Trump got certain groups of people excited that nobody else was paying close attention to, groups of people ignored by the mainstream GOP.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

54 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You are giving them too far much credit, and giving Trump far too little.

Trump brought the alt-right into the mainstream.  Trump transformed the GOP.  Trump lowered the bar.  Take Trump out of the equation and we aren't having this conversation.   

The folks you are talking about piggy-backed on a group of disaffected Republicans and non-voters who had been apathetic until Trump came along and Hillary was running.  They also benefitted from a viral movement of mentally ill and uninformed idiots (the Qanons) in 2017/2018, for whom Trump was the perfect storm for them (pun intended).

Fascists drive the crowds, which is something Trump could do ("LOCK HER UP!"), and even he has his limits (ala his push for vaccines). Most of the Republicans (like DeSantis and Cruz) simply react to the crowds and what they think the crowds want to hear.  Nobody is going to listen to Ted Cruz or Ron DeSantis and then try and go storm the Capitol.  

Trump is the key. Trump got certain groups of people excited that nobody else was paying close attention to, groups of people ignored by the mainstream GOP.  

Trump didn't bring anyone anywhere. He was wielded by Bannon who has bragged multiple times about how he harnessed gamergate and redirected it into building the MAGA base of angry young men. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Desantis may not even win Florida. Edit gov race. He ain’t sniffing the nomination for president if he can’t get re-elected

Edited by Sawbonz

58 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Trump didn't bring anyone anywhere. He was wielded by Bannon who has bragged multiple times about how he harnessed gamergate and redirected it into building the MAGA base of angry young men. 

Angry young men didn’t give us Trump. Angry olds, too many republicans in the primary field, and too many pussies at the Republican convention in 2016 gave us Trump 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Has anyone else made a bucket list of shit they're gonna do when Trump dies?  I'm a middle aged father of 2 but when that morally bankrupt tub of evil shit dies in the very near future...I have a list of things I'm gonna do/drink/inhale/snort/shout/smear my balls in.  

I'm getting a twitter account so I can broadcast all of it to every Trumper i know.  And I know a lot of them.  And I'm gonna tweet under the guise of "messages of unity for the country I love during these challenging times."  Is that wrong?  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Has anyone else made a bucket list of shit they're gonna do when Trump dies?  I'm a middle aged father of 2 but when that morally bankrupt tub of evil shit dies in the very near future...I have a list of things I'm gonna do/drink/inhale/snort/shout/smear my balls in.  

I'm getting a twitter account so I can broadcast all of it to every Trumper i know.  And I know a lot of them.  And I'm gonna tweet under the guise of "messages of unity for the country I love during these challenging times."  Is that wrong?  

I’ll show his death the same respect and attention he showed to every person with skin that was darker than his, which is obviously none.  I’ll also ignore his passing and then watch as he is swept away into the dustbin of history where he rightfully belongs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Desantis may not even win Florida. Edit gov race. He ain’t sniffing the nomination for president if he can’t get re-elected

I really have a hard time understanding why there is people who believe he will be the GQP/Death Cult nominee in 2024. This cult has a voracious appetite for hatred and bigotry and they are going to need someone with more storefront racism in the campaign than De Santis will provide.

9 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I really have a hard time understanding why there is people who believe he will be the GQP/Death Cult nominee in 2024. This cult has a voracious appetite for hatred and bigotry and they are going to need someone with more storefront racism in the campaign than De Santis will provide.

Josh Hawley faded really fast for whatever reason.  

I'm thinking dinner at Le Bernardin with bottles of champagne. That's how we celebrated his defeat. I think that would be fitting to celebrate his death as well.

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think I'll celebrate by smoking a brisket and having it with a pot of pinto beans, twice baked potatoes, cole slaw, lemon chess pie, and beer.  I'll take a picture of my plate, put it on Facebook, and tell the Trumpers whom I haven't yet unfriended that I am celebrating the demise of their orange god.  I think that they would want to know.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

I have a bottle of Dom I’m saving.

Thinking a road trip to Queens to piss on it’s grave.

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

That tombstone better be piss proof 

And stonecut by Mexicans.  For irony.  

Actually, the cemetery is literally in Queens.  We'll get some Puerto Ricans.  

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And stonecut by Mexicans.  For irony.  

Actually, the cemetery is literally in Queens.  We'll get some Puerto Ricans.  

He won't be interred at Queens.  The Florida GOP will probably pass a law allowing him to be buried at Mar A Lago, much like Elvis is at Graceland.

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He won't be interred at Queens.  The Florida GOP will probably pass a law allowing him to be buried at Mar A Lago, much like Elvis is at Graceland.

Appropriate the bloated corpse of this shitshow of a human being be buried in a literal swamp in SE Florida over the familial plot in Queens.  

"That's perfect irony, Elaine!"  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Appropriate the bloated corpse of this shitshow of a human being be buried in a literal swamp in SE Florida over the familial plot in Queens.  

"That's perfect irony, Elaine!"  

A plot in a traditional cemetery Trump can't monetize.  But an attraction at Mar A Lago he can.  

Mar A Lago is gonna become the Graceland for maga folk, until a Cat 5 or rising sea levels wipe it from the planet.

• Like 2

A plot in a traditional cemetery Trump can't monetize.  But an attraction at Mar A Lago he can.  
Mar A Lago is gonna become the Graceland for maga folk, until a Cat 5 or rising sea levels wipe it from the planet.

And of course, it will be behind fencing, heavy security, etc. Which is where my “rent a truck-mounted trebuchet that launches bags of piss” business plan comes in.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And of course, it will be behind fencing, heavy security, etc. Which is where my “rent a truck-mounted trebuchet that launches bags of piss” business plan comes in.

Offer bags of shit for an extra charge, even if you provide your own.

Every accusation is a confession, part 210486392

MAGA Election Clerk Tina Peters Accused of Not Counting Ballots in Local Races

During Peters’ first year as clerk, in 2019, her office was blamed for leaving more than 570 uncounted ballots in a box, long past an election. Less than a year later, one of her office’s drop boxes leaked ballots, sending some floating in the summer breeze. Now Peters has gone underground, reportedly hiding in a safe house provided by Lindell, after she allegedly participated in a breach of Mesa County voting machine data this year. That data soon wound up on conspiracy websites, making Peters a folk hero among the MAGA set and the subject of an FBI investigation.

Peters (who did not return requests for comment) took office in 2019, after her predecessor, Sheila Reiner, reached her term limit. What followed was an unusually bombastic tenure in a typically low-drama role.

In May 2020, Polson formally began an effort to recall Peters. The campaign took issue with Peters’ handling of the lost ballots, as well as her staff turnover, a series of controversial business expenses (including more than $3,000 in food), and her decision not to oversee a pair of town-level elections. (The towns were forced to oversee their own elections, costing them two to three times the typical cost of a county-run vote.)

Soon the recall campaign had another data point: a ballot drop-off box, installed by Peters’ office for the 2020 primary election, appeared defective, sending completed ballots blowing across a parking lot. Peters claimed the leak was staged and blamed a local couple who’d reported the issue. The couple denied the allegation in an interview with the Daily Sentinel, where a reporter also noted ongoing issues with ballots becoming lodged in the drop box.

When Donald Trump won Mesa County in November 2020, but not Colorado or the U.S. at large, Peters promoted an election conspiracy theory on Twitter. And by May 2021, investigators allege, she became personally involved in the intrigue.

On, or shortly before May 25, Peters or someone in her office switched off security cameras that monitored the county’s voting machines, Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold alleges. On the 25th, Peters is accused of allowing an unauthorized person, who used the name “Gerald Wood,” to access the machines and make copies of data, which were soon leaked to Ron Watkins, a conspiracy theorist who previously acted as an administrator for the fringe forum 8kun. Watkins and fellow travelers like Lindell attempted, unsuccessfully, to argue that the leaked data suggests malfeasance by voting machine company Dominion. (Dominion is suing Lindell and other election conspiracy theorists for defamation.)

Soon after the breach became public, Peters rode Lindell’s private jet to his “Cyber Symposium” in South Dakota, where she made her speech about “discrepancies” in Mesa County voting data. (For good measure, Peters also used taxpayer money to buy a United Airlines ticket to the symposium, which she listed in business expenses as a “conference,” the Daily Sentinel reported. Even larger is the cost of replacing 41 pieces of voting technology that were compromised during the breach.)

Although Peters denies wrongdoing in the data leak, the breach is now the subject of investigations by local, state, and federal investigations. And Peters is nowhere to be found. Last week, Lindell told Vice that he was helping Peters hide in an undisclosed location (originally Texas, he said, but she has since moved due to security concerns).

For Peters’ critics back home, it’s the latest development in an election security saga that should have ended one or two ballot fiascos ago.

“It’s kind of horrifying to watch. Several of us on the recall committee worked at the elections office. Seeing the work and trust that we built come crashing down was really hard to watch,” Polson said. “We figured something worse was going to happen. It was just a matter of when and how and what.”

• Hook 'Em 2