the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

On 11/28/2020 at 9:50 AM, Eastwood said:

Yeah, this is a state senator, not a US senator. There are some legit people in state legislatures, but there are some absolute goobers susceptible to Q tendencies. I would be surprised if this even makes it to a vote.

The Clay Davis...DOWNTOWN Clay Davis?

• Hook 'Em 2

I promise I tried to find a still-shot or video clip of the scene from the movie "TWINS" with Danny DeVito.  But some of Trump's lawyers coming out of the woodwork, with no special experience in Election La\, and now becoming painfully more obvious---very little experience in CivPro....remind me of a scene at the beginning of the movie (before Arnold ever shows up in his life).  DeVito's character has just been thrown out of a sales meeting where he was offering a box of irregular socks.  He returns to his office and the stenciled information on his door reminds me of Trump's current legal team who pretty much specialize in everything but what's called for right now.  I can't remember everything on DeVito's door but I remember, "Ticket Brokerage, Notary Services, Wholesale Patio Furniture."  Anyway, that's what this legal team appears to me as. 

10 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Like an obese T rex that tilts forward to counterbalance its heavy tail, so the Donald must tilt forward to counterbalance his heavy (full) diaper. 

PRESIDENT TRUMP SHITS IN A DIAPER, IMA GONNA GO AND GET ME SOME OF THOSE THERE DEPENDS AND START SHITTING IN DIAPERS AS WELL

/maga

(Surly should be stocking up on diaper-related stonks).

• Hook 'Em 1

Just playing with the preposterous idea that Team Trump was actually on to something, and that there was widespread fraud... well, okay. Now what?

There's just no way to correctly handle that scenario post-election. But it does lead to the crazy idea for which it is now time:

Get rid of the secret ballot.

It's a holdover from when you could be put in prison for not voting for your liege-lord's son for alderman or whatever. It's not relevant to a 21st century environment. And it prevents transparency post-election. If every single voter were known, and how they voted were known, recounts wouldn't be a problem.

Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Just playing with the preposterous idea that Team Trump was actually on to something, and that there was widespread fraud... well, okay. Now what?

There's just no way to correctly handle that scenario post-election. But it does lead to the crazy idea for which it is now time:

It's a holdover from when you could be put in prison for not voting for your liege-lord's son for alderman or whatever. It's not relevant to a 21st century environment. And it prevents transparency post-election. If every single voter were known, and how they voted were known, recounts wouldn't be a problem.

Just a thought.

At least with respect to the electronic ballots that we cast in Texas, I don't believe that they are necessarily "secret."  It's not REVEALED how you voted, but I believe that information matching the ballot number to the voter is stored electronically.  I present my ID, get a unique code for a ballot in my precinct, input that into the voting machine, and cast a printed ballot that I believe reflects the code I was given.  I would presume that would be traceable back to a specific voter, but I confess that I don't know for certain.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Just a thought.

Maybe.  But it would absolutely have to be something that only the voter could verify.  Not the public.  Otherwise talk about giving more power to our corporate overlords.  All we need is employers able to verify, and perhaps dictate, how their employees vote.

But we do need a good paper trail.  We should go to scantron.  Quick and accurate to tabulate, and there's a paper trail.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Just a thought.

Who voted should be public record, how they voted should be private.  That would remove any questions as to the number of votes.  Any challenges would have to center around miscounts or changing votes.  I do think there should be a way for individuals to verify that their vote was counted properly, but I understand there’s risk there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m assuming you would not be in favor of making this public, because otherwise you are creating lists of people to be harassed nonstop by incel Trumpanzees.  

Well, no, it's gotta be public. Otherwise, how will we know which Trumpanzees to send off to the re-education camps. (Oh, shit. I wasn't supposed to admit that out loud...)

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

About those experts

In addition to the factual errors, that declaration is a classic example of a bunch of conclusions, supported by very few actual facts.

He rather rapidly goes from an assertion that it is possible to hack these machines, to the conclusion that it actually took place, with zero evidence to support the deduction.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

In addition to the factual errors, that declaration is a classic example of a bunch of conclusions, supported by very few actual facts.

He rather rapidly goes from an assertion that it is possible to hack these machines, to the conclusion that it actually took place, with zero evidence to support the deduction.

Well, look.....it's POSSIBLE for Sela Ward to have a weekend of freaky sex with me -- we each have the necessary equipment, we have a proven track record of using it (we each have kids), and weekends are regularly used by people for leisure activity.  THEREFORE, Sela Ward and I had freaky monkey sex this past weekend.  QED.

32 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Just a thought.

We need to move back towards politics being LESS front and center. I miss the days where I didn't know who my neighbors were voting for. I don't want to know who you voted for. I don't want to tell you who I voted for. I don't want to talk politics over beers.  Getting rid of the secret ballot would be disastrous in the information age and would likely be a precursor to rampant, targeted voter fraud. 

Edited by BradInATX

13 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Who voted should be public record, how they voted should be private.  That would remove any questions as to the number of votes.  Any challenges would have to center around miscounts or changing votes.  I do think there should be a way for individuals to verify that their vote was counted properly, but I understand there’s risk there.

Can't speak for all states, but who voted is public in Texas. You may be able to opt out but by default it's public info if you voted or not.

Now it's not reported which races you voted or left blank. 

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can't speak for all states, but who voted is public in Texas. You may be able to opt out but by default it's public info if you voted or not.

Now it's not reported which races you voted or left blank. 

It is public and very easily findable which primary you voted in, which I found out this year. That is a v v good proxy for who you voted for at the top of the ballot.  

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It is public and very easily findable which primary you voted in, which I found out this year. That is a v v good proxy for who you voted for at the top of the ballot.  

Yup. If you think who you are intending to vote for is in any way private, well, news flash. There's marketing firms out there who are pretty good at figuring out who you're going to vote for well before you even tell your spouse.

Certainly there's problems with just a blanket "here's who voted for who" list, but the idea of a paper trail for ballots is a good one. Subject to abuse? Well, what the hell ain't? But better than an open ended system that can have its integrity questioned with zero evidence whatsoever? Probably.

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yup. If you think who you are intending to vote for is in any way private, well, news flash. There's marketing firms out there who are pretty good at figuring out who you're going to vote for well before you even tell your spouse.

Certainly there's problems with just a blanket "here's who voted for who" list, but the idea of a paper trail for ballots is a good one. Subject to abuse? Well, what the hell ain't? But better than an open ended system that can have its integrity questioned with zero evidence whatsoever? Probably.

Oh, I think most folks on Surly have long been in favor of some sort of system that leaves a paper trail.  It's hard to hack paper, and even if you did, validating paper against registered voters mitigates that risk.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

At least with respect to the electronic ballots that we cast in Texas, I don't believe that they are necessarily "secret."  It's not REVEALED how you voted, but I believe that information matching the ballot number to the voter is stored electronically.  I present my ID, get a unique code for a ballot in my precinct, input that into the voting machine, and cast a printed ballot that I believe reflects the code I was given.  I would presume that would be traceable back to a specific voter, but I confess that I don't know for certain.

I'm pretty sure a ballot isn't trackable back to a voter, or at least it isn't supposed to be. As a voter, I suppose you could know which ballot was yours if you kept the ballot # that was listed on the machine. And it may be possible to track them based on time stamps (e.g., when you voted and when a particular ballot was cast), but there shouldn't be a direct connection in the systems. 

Edited by Dahobbs

9 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

They're decent, but they're not that good. There were several articles showing that those marketing firms were predicting Republican wins in PA/MI/WI based off of their algorithms that determine someone's political leanings.

Facebook's algorithm thinks I'm a Republican. I haven't voted Republican in 20 years.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

File this under the 'Every accusation is a confession' tab

For evidence of this, see the outrageous action Democrats took, called "having more people vote for their candidate than the other guy."  There it is, proof that the Dems will do ANYTHING, including VOTE, to win.  THIS CANNOT STAND!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There’s actually 11 secret chemicals. 

Those make it delicious.  The ADDICTIVE one, though....that's where the sinister shit comes in.  Probably the same thing that Comet Ping Pong Pizza puts in its pizza sauce, or something.  Surely developed by the lizard people who live under the Denver airport.  It's all right there in front of you.  DO THE RESEARCH!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Those make it delicious.  The ADDICTIVE one, though....that's where the sinister shit comes in.  Probably the same thing that Comet Ping Pong Pizza puts in its pizza sauce, or something.  Surely developed by the lizard people who live under the Denver airport.  It's all right there in front of you.  DO THE RESEARCH!

Ok. If there’s two things in which I won’t argue with you on and defer to your expertise, it’s fried food and sela ward. 

20 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

The fact is that Smartmatic was founded by some Venezuelans.  Whether they are or were in any way controlled by Chavez or Maduro is unclear. Their software was used in some banana republic elections, where it's probably not necessary to juice software to secure the win (good old fashioned strongarm tactics are plenty sufficient).

Smartmatic acquired Sequoia and part of Sequoia was subsequently acquired by Dominion.  Some aspects or parts of Smartmatic's software may have crept into Dominion's systems, but this was ~2004.

The connection between Dominion and Venezuela barely exists, much less some deadhand control by Chavez.

Part of the insane genius of all the Trumpco BS is that somewhere, deep down inside all the shit, there is a tiny grain of fact.

Edited by TwiceHorn