the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

30 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

As much as I despise Trump, I find it hard to believe that he does not know his lawsuits are a waste of time.  My concern is what in hell he is trying to cover up by keeping the public's attention on his lawsuits.

Trump doesn’t work like this. He’s not secretive. He doesn’t cover up shit mainly because he’s not smart enough to do it. Trump will continue filing lawsuits forever because he will never concede and it supports the grift. He is doing all types of bad shit on his way out (pardons, removing regulations, drilling in Alaska, starting shit in the Middle East, removing from Open Skies treaty). It’s all out in the open. It has nothing to do with the unrelated grift. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:
34 minutes ago, AnTiM said:
As much as I despise Trump, I find it hard to believe that he does not know his lawsuits are a waste of time.  My concern is what in hell he is trying to cover up by keeping the public's attention on his lawsuits.

I think quite a bit of this is that you have to keep filing lawsuits in order to keep the donations coming in that are funding his new PAC. Which he's going to be CEO of and pay himself from.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The grift is the number one reason, IMO. That is always the Trump way.

However, is could also be a distraction to keep people looking thataway instead of over here as he and his cronies figure out how they're going to shut down the government in two and a half weeks and make it be Biden and the Democrat's fault.

Both excellent points.  Being a caveman lawdog, I tend not to think this way.  But even aside from the money, which is probably the number one thing, there's probably some value in giving idiot Trumpkins a) a glimmer of hope and b) something/someone else to be aggrieved with.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He’s doing it because he’s a narcissist sociopath and will indulge in magical thinking to avoid accepting objective failure. That’s it.

"No, it can't be that simple! There must be a more complicated reason!"

Oh, wait. No. There's not. It's really that simple.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Is there a Gary Oldman gif for "All of it"?

Trump may have his issues, but there are multiple folks behind the scenes that have other shit they're trying to pull and/or get done.

Exactly. Trump is a buffoon. Barr, Miller, and Mcconnell are not.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He’s doing it because he’s a narcissist sociopath and will indulge in magical thinking to avoid accepting objective failure. That’s it.

As a magical-thinking narcissist sociopath, I tell y'all this is exactly it.

All you rational motherfuckers gonna run around inventing REASONS to explain what you see. That's funny.

Ain't no reasons. Just felt like doin' shit.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Exactly. People keep thinking there’s a rational strategic process here. There’s not. He’s just trying to win the day.  He’ll do whatever it takes to win the day. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

That is possibly a bigger dookystomp than the district court's opinion.

They shout out the district court’s smart, competent handling of the matter below, basically saying ‘“Fuck you!” to all Trump shills whining about the district court’s ruling - and by extension their opinion upholding it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, elfenix said:
4 hours ago, AnTiM said:

I think quite a bit of this is that you have to keep filing lawsuits in order to keep the donations coming in that are funding his new PAC. Which he's going to be CEO of and pay himself from.

this. He’s going to drag it out for years 

It’ll morph into the ‘Donald j Trump institute for Consecative Voting Rights’ 

Edited by tx 3 putt

4 hours ago, AnTiM said:

4 hours ago, elfenix said:
4 hours ago, AnTiM said:

This.  It's a simple thing.    This is costing Trump nothing, since it's coming out of campaign funds or third parties.

If Trump concedes today, people won't donate tomorrow.  

But if they keep rolling out lawsuits, he can keep on asking for donations.

There's a reason why Sidney Powell posted her documents on a site asking for money.

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The grift is the number one reason, IMO. That is always the Trump way.

However, is could also be a distraction to keep people looking thataway instead of over here as he and his cronies figure out how they're going to shut down the government in two and a half weeks and make it be Biden and the Democrat's fault.

He's not playing a long game, and if he shuts the government down in two and a half weeks, it's going to be on him and Mitch, and Mitch is going to be doing enough shady shit as it is, that he doesn't want this.

Plus a government shutdown will piss off plenty of contractors, something Mitch will not be happy about.

I was curious to see how the counties that use dominion in PA matched up with the voter shift from 2016.

66b68b69191a8dd5e982f38ce83cd703.jpg

The shaded counties are the 14 that use dominion.

It’s pretty clear what happened in PA(it has been pretty clear since about 12 hours after the polls closed): Hillbillies and Philadelphia shifted towards Trump. The suburbs across the state shifted strongly against him.

A lot of those big blue arrows are in pink counties that are just less red than 2016.

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Ha what the fuck

Imagine being so far removed from reality that Twitter and Facebook putting mean 'ol warnings on flat out bad faith lies and propaganda that takes literally 5 seconds to completely disprove is the censorship and free speech hill you want to die on.

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

13 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Exactly. People keep thinking there’s a rational strategic process here. There’s not. He’s just trying to win the day.  He’ll do whatever it takes to win the day. 

While these are no doubt true, we also know that Trump isn't directly ordering lawyers to file shaky lawsuits and has little idea what they're actually doing.

There are a couple of layers of money people and strategery people between him and the lawsuits.  They're happy to follow his orders because it keeps the grift going and creates grievance among the base that will have future utility.

• Hook 'Em 2

Kilgore Trout on Twitter has a post about the Sidney Powell suit and saying that its purpose is to provide chum for future conspiracy theory discussions in the various boards.  They love digesting legal documents, examining typos, decoding every last aside.  You have to continuously feed the beast to keep them in your thrall. It’s essentially one giant Q drop.  I thought that was a good argument.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's not playing a long game, and if he shuts the government down in two and a half weeks, it's going to be on him and Mitch, and Mitch is going to be doing enough shady shit as it is, that he doesn't want this.

Plus a government shutdown will piss off plenty of contractors, something Mitch will not be happy about.

15 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No argument that he CANNOT lose, that is inconceivable discomfort to his psyche. However, like a lot of conmen, I think he knows how to pivot while he's scrambling for a foot purchase on the side of the cliff.

Humor me, I'm irrational sometimes.

Mitch may not want a shutdown and Mitch wants his two Senators. So, who has the upper hand here? A government shutdown doesn't look bad for Trump--c'mon man, he just lies about it and blames someone else. Trump may not be rational and he may not be strategic (for planning purposes) but I have no idea who is whispering in his ear either. He would leverage anyone or anything to get himself out of a jam if it benefits him and his pocketbook. That's what he does, he lashes out while looking for a way to pivot. He pivoted himself out of how many GOT HIM situations now?

Did his fury and  lashing out at the CDC back in February for leaking the virus news while he was overseas in India not convince anyone? Especially now that we know he knew about this in early January? Sure, he pays no attention to his briefs, no secret. Except, for someone who doesn't pay attention, he managed (along with those senators) and made some money off of it. His whole plan was to never do anything about this which would've made the CDC, FDA, and HHS look worse than they already did, but it got leaked, messed up HIS stock market and it's been downhill ever since. He may not have realized in the narcissistic part of his brain that the market would crater regardless, but based on the trading that occurred after the Senate was briefed as well, why not be cynical and figure everyone was more upset about not being able to get more moneymaking plans in place than they were about the time lost to mitigation and preparation for human health? He was completely okay with the forecast high models of fatalities; he loves high numbers like that. Are you kidding me thinking he wouldn't have? He has so little emotion for others in that regard, that it's viewed objectively (in his mind) as impressive. Never mind that it might rival Stalin.

Trump is a cruel, sadistic, narcissist and it isn't just Mitch that is holding back on a stimulus. Anything Trump can do to hurt the people who hurt him (ungrateful voters, governors, etc) wars with his self preservation. IMO, that's some of the leverage he has and what is also behind some of the concurrent destruction. Part revenge and part pivot to look for the win/escape.

Trump knows who a shutdown hurts and it isn't just people that vote for him. A government shut down? Hah, that hurts THE SWAMP. At least that is how he will sell it and his people will lap it up like manna.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is there an internet list being kept on all of the lawyers that have worked for trump post-election?

I think this may be the most maddening "how the fuck does this pass the smell test for you loons" part of the past month.

IF there was any real evidence of large-scale, coordinated fraud--you know, the undeniable proof that all of these brilliant internet sleuths have conclusively found--some of the biggest and best law firms in the country would be lining up to work for free to attach their names to unearthing the biggest political scandal in American history.

Instead, Trump's attorneys have been dropping like flies and are reluctant to actually include fraud in their filings, lest they be (more) embarrassed.

So he's stuck with Rudy and some Q lady going through a breakdown that they're keeping close enough to let her continue to spread wild conspiracy theories to the base while still allowing room to distance themselves when she oversteps. And they're STILL supremely confident the bombshell is imminent. It would be sad if it wasn't so fucking funny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

^^^

Even if they do that Biden still wins with EVs to spare. Are a majority of state legislators really willing to put their careers and legacies on the line for a futile gesture?

I mean they couldn’t even have their “hearing” in the actual State Capitol

It is one thing for the bloviating gelatinous mass that's been fermenting in the Oval Office for the past 4 years rants and raves and throws out blatantly false accusations. We've all learned to basically ignore everything the President of the United States of America has to say. But this guy, this senator, is supposed to be a serious person who understands his words and actions have consequences. For even proposing this he should be brought up on charges of corruption and sedition.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Llogg said:

It is one thing for the bloviating gelatinous mass that's been fermenting in the Oval Office for the past 4 years rants and raves and throws out blatantly false accusations. We've all learned to basically ignore everything the President of the United States of America has to say. But this guy, this state senator, is supposed to be a serious person who understands his words and actions have consequences. For even proposing this he should be brought up on charges of corruption and sedition.

• Hook 'Em 1

Do the Surly litigators think there is any real merit to the PA constitutional argument regarding the mail in ballots?  Of course it is utterly laughable that republicans are seeking to declare a law that they voted for unconstitutional, but if there is something to it, that could present quite the cluster.  What sort of remedy would the court be likely to grant?  I can't see them throwing out all of the ballots and calling it a day - I have no idea what sort of remedy would work here.

5 minutes ago, Keef said:

Do the Surly litigators think there is any real merit to the PA constitutional argument regarding the mail in ballots?  Of course it is utterly laughable that republicans are seeking to declare a law that they voted for unconstitutional, but if there is something to it, that could present quite the cluster.  What sort of remedy would the court be likely to grant?  I can't see them throwing out all of the ballots and calling it a day - I have no idea what sort of remedy would work here.

Your skepticism is what judges are saying too.  You can’t really be asking me to throw out millions of votes because they were done by a method that was agreed was okay beforehand. 

No argument that he CANNOT lose, that is inconceivable discomfort to his psyche. However, like a lot of conmen, I think he knows how to pivot while he's scrambling for a foot purchase on the side of the cliff.
Humor me, I'm irrational sometimes.
Mitch may not want a shutdown and Mitch wants his two Senators. So, who has the upper hand here? A government shutdown doesn't look bad for Trump--c'mon man, he just lies about it and blames someone else. Trump may not be rational and he may not be strategic (for planning purposes) but I have no idea who is whispering in his ear either. He would leverage anyone or anything to get himself out of a jam if it benefits him and his pocketbook. That's what he does, he lashes out while looking for a way to pivot. He pivoted himself out of how many GOT HIM situations now?
Did his fury and  lashing out at the CDC back in February for leaking the virus news while he was overseas in India not convince anyone? Especially now that we know he knew about this in early January? Sure, he pays no attention to his briefs, no secret. Except, for someone who doesn't pay attention, he managed (along with those senators) and made some money off of it. His whole plan was to never do anything about this which would've made the CDC, FDA, and HHS look worse than they already did, but it got leaked, messed up HIS stock market and it's been downhill ever since. He may not have realized in the narcissistic part of his brain that the market would crater regardless, but based on the trading that occurred after the Senate was briefed as well, why not be cynical and figure everyone was more upset about not being able to get more moneymaking plans in place than they were about the time lost to mitigation and preparation for human health? He was completely okay with the forecast high models of fatalities; he loves high numbers like that. Are you kidding me thinking he wouldn't have? He has so little emotion for others in that regard, that it's viewed objectively (in his mind) as impressive. Never mind that it might rival Stalin.
Trump is a cruel, sadistic, narcissist and it isn't just Mitch that is holding back on a stimulus. Anything Trump can do to hurt the people who hurt him (ungrateful voters, governors, etc) wars with his self preservation. IMO, that's some of the leverage he has and what is also behind some of the concurrent destruction. Part revenge and part pivot to look for the win/escape.
Trump knows who a shutdown hurts and it isn't just people that vote for him. A government shut down? Hah, that hurts THE SWAMP. At least that is how he will sell it and his people will lap it up like manna.

Your skepticism is what judges are saying too.  You can’t really be asking me to throw out millions of votes because they were done by a method that was agreed was okay beforehand. 

Let me summarize what you’ve actuated captured here. A narcissist who is experiencing defeat will go through only two emotional action stages: 1) denial/resistance to the loss. Then, when that has failed, 2) revenge on those who hurt him. In this case, “those who hurt him” is America, less the known Trump loyalists. He is going to metaphorically - and maybe literally - burn this country down over the next 60 days.

And as for the remedy being requested, that’s exactly what the courts are seeing and saying. It’s possible that the mail-in ballot law violates the Pa constitution. But if so, it did so from the start, and these plaintiffs could/should have known it then. Instead, they waited till ballots were cast and they didn’t like the result. Courts are not going to favor a remedy that disenfranchises a shitload of voters and tosses out an entire election, especially when the plaintiff purposefully delayed so long that lesser remedies are not available (a problem called laches). So, a court might declare the law unconstitutional and say that it’s not available for future elections, but it would almost certainly let this election stand.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1