the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

Prominent defense attorney Sidney Powell sued Georgia's top officials late Wednesday, alleging in federal court that the GOP-run state government permitted a massive voter fraud scheme that rigged the Nov. 3 election in favor of Democrat Joe Biden.

The suit was filed in U.S. District Court in Atlanta on behalf of several Georgia residents, electors and Republican Party officials and named Gov. Brian Kemp, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and state election board members as defendants.

spacer.png

We are barely a month out from two key elections in Georgia, involving Republicans.

Let's fucking have Trump and Co. going hard in court after Georgia's Republican leadership.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Welch said:

So she’s having a legitimate mental crisis. Is there such a thing as a motion to determine if a lawyer is mentally competent enough to continue a case?

also I love how she snuck these in during the middle of the night right before a major holiday and 4 day weekend. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

46 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

From my crash course in legal studies at the feet of Trump’s Dream Team I have learned you don’t introduce any evidence until you get to the appellate court

No, no, no that's too early. The big evidence reveal has to come in front of the Supreme Court. It's just like how the Jets are laying low this season and are going to play their best football when they get to the Super Bowl. It's a pretty genius move.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

You have to wonder about the Barr angle in all of this. I mean he knows all of this. All of it. He's been providing cover for decades, and I'm sure he's made it so nothing sticks to him, but these tweets from last year, and the same circles going around and round. No way Barr's trip to Europe last year was to uncover anything impartial to aid in the protection of democratic principles. He has a warped idea of what those encompass. Just seems as if the Rudy circus is to distract us from stuff like this below that is still relevant. Anyone wanna bet that Firtash charges get dropped? Spain dropped theirs a year ago but the US is the one that matters.

47 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

You have to wonder about the Barr angle in all of this. I mean he knows all of this. All of it. He's been providing cover for decades, and I'm sure he's made it so nothing sticks to him, but these tweets from last year, and the same circles going around and round. No way Barr's trip to Europe last year was to uncover anything impartial to aid in the protection of democratic principles. He has a warped idea of what those encompass. Just seems as if the Rudy circus is to distract us from stuff like this below that is still relevant. Anyone wanna bet that Firtash charges get dropped? Spain dropped theirs a year ago but the US is the one that matters.

Just as a general proposition, I would not read too much into "six degrees of Kirkland & Ellis."  

Fortune 100 companies go to a handful of firms for things, including General Counsel.  And, in turn, general counsel and AGs and deputy AGs find cushy homes in those same firms.  It's a fairly small world.

Notable that a number of GOP officials have cycled in and out of K&E, probably a number of other firms, too, and probably a fair number of Dem-identified government attorneys.  Yet K&E represents Boockvar in the PA litigation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

When do the dems start going on the offensive? This charade is the biggest takedown of our systems and form of government and history. For every stupid thing these idiots do we need 100's of voices in opposition. There needs to be consequences for this shit.  People need to be held in contempt or brought up for treason.

Never. But even if they did it doesn’t matter. Our system has one critical dependency: mutual good faith support for democratic institutions. that’s broken down once before in our history- 1860. 
I remember when @Anastasis was cheering for Donald Trump in 2016, in part because of what it would do to the GOP. I observed then that the last time a major political party collapsed the result was fire and blood. 
We can take momentary comfort in the fact that 80 million people voted to reject all this, and if our institutions hold for the next two months, he’ll be president. That’s better than the alternative. But the plain truth is that the GOP, through a combination of active support and silent consent,  have indicated that democratic legitimacy is not a shared assumption, and in early 2024, Brett Baer will ask all of the primary candidates if the 2020 election was stolen, and they will all say yes. 
There is a narrow path out of this crisis and I will outline my thoughts on what that is on a different thread at some point. But at this point, regardless of the outcome of the election, America is in a full blown political crisis and the probability of violence and political collapse is higher than it has been in 155 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Because we seem to love to throw around the word "treason" a lot, we should probably examine what it means in the US.

Because the English liked to call anything much in opposition to the crown treason, the founders circumscribed its meaning in Article III of the Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Congress, in turn, has defined the crime of treason using similar language as follows

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Treason, thus, is almost completely limited by its terms to wartime acts.

There are other things in the law, such as sedition and espionage, that are rooted in disloyalty to the country, but don't rise to the level of treason.  Further, it should be noted that "sedition laws," consistent with the fears of the founders, have been abused much as they feared in relation to treason laws.

There is currently a seditious conspiracy act that has been enforced, but only against overtly violent conspiracies, not merely conspiracies of thought or word, although the act encompasses them.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

The words "treasonous" and "traitorous," being "meta" terms, are probably more accurate for "our purposes."

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Skimming those complaints, it's just more of the same old shit (poll watcher access, minor, random vote-handling irregularities), with some vague allegations about Dominion voting machines and software derived from Smartmatic, which is indeed Venezuela connected, but 14 years ago.

Julia Haller appears as counsel on the complaint, apparently in the employ of Sidney Powell.  If she is not, and remains employed by the federal government, that is something of a problem for her, as a general proposition.

Having reviewed Texas' rejection of Dominion machines, the reasons for rejection were potential insecurities (ethernet ports on certain machines, downloading computer vision drivers direct from Canon instead of a secure server) and primarily paper handling, e.g. paper jams and not having the number of double-locked boxes required by Texas law.  There's no suspicion of the software being faulty or easily manipulated, except the vulnerabilities mentioned.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Skimming those complaints, it's just more of the same old shit (poll watcher access, minor, random vote-handling irregularities), with some vague allegations about Dominion voting machines and software derived from Smartmatic, which is indeed Venezuela connected, but 14 years ago.
Julia Haller appears as counsel on the complaint, apparently in the employ of Sidney Powell.  If she is not, and remains employed by the federal government, that is something of a problem for her, as a general proposition.
Having reviewed Texas' rejection of Dominion machines, the reasons for rejection were potential insecurities (ethernet ports on certain machines, downloading computer vision drivers direct from Canon instead of a secure server) and primarily paper handling, e.g. paper jams and not having the number of double-locked boxes required by Texas law.  There's no suspicion of the software being faulty or easily manipulated, except the vulnerabilities mentioned.

It sure seems like their core story always comes down to this: there’s a “ghost in the machine” that secretly rigs the vote count. And how can we tell? Easy - it counted more votes for Biden than Trump, and that can’t possibly happen because everyone loves Trump bigly, so clearly, it’s fraud. Have I got that about right?
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It sure seems like their core story always comes down to this: there’s a “ghost in the machine” that secretly rigs the vote count. And how can we tell? Easy - it counted more votes for Biden than Trump, and that can’t possibly happen because everyone loves Trump bigly, so clearly, it’s fraud. Have I got that about right?

Pretty much.  Can't review the affidavits, but they're excerpted heavily.  The expert on the software/machines seems to opine that it is "possible" for shenanigans to occur, as opposed to probable, or actually happened.

The plaintiffs are all R electors.  I think that changes up the standing calculus a little bit from what we have seen before (individual voters and poltiical parties/campaigns).

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

SIAP

Hey! Easy come easy go!

#WelcomeToTheConGame

Now he can go up to the soon to be former President with tears in his eyes....

If this was the guy from Houston, I read the article earlier today.  Says he gave them $2.5 million and when nothing happened and he got pissed they offered to give him $1 million back if he didn't sue them. 

Edited by Bullneck

7 hours ago, SameSame said:

The most obvious half-assed paper ever turned in at the deadline completely filled with bullshit.

Hey maybe they’ll be sick of grading mouth-breather work and just give me a C based on participation so they can start drinking with their friends.

fify possibly based on life experience as a TA.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know one person that posted just yesterday the vote totals as of 8:30 pm election night in the 6 “disputed” states, then the explanation that the dems then brought bushels of prefilled Biden ballots until they had enough to win. But it’s ok because the real ones are watermarked. 

so they are still clinging to that narrative as well. 

doesn’t occur to them that such demonstrative evidence would have made its way into one of the 35 court filings 3 weeks after the commission of the crime. 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know one person that posted just yesterday the vote totals as of 8:30 pm election night in the 6 “disputed” states, then the explanation that the dems then brought bushels of prefilled Biden ballots until they had enough to win. But it’s ok because the real ones are watermarked. 

so they are still clinging to that narrative as well. 

doesn’t occur to them that such demonstrative evidence would have made its way into one of the 35 court filings 3 weeks after the commission of the crime. 

It’s a sneak attack.

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I am glad the democrats decide to cheat effectively every once in a while. Do we know why they don't always do it? Do they get in a sulk?

It’s a good thing they did. Between the fake mail in ballots and the dominion program, only a couple hundred thousand people actually voted for Joe Biden. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s a good thing they did. Between the fake mail in ballots and the dominion program, only a couple hundred thousand people actually voted for Joe Biden. 

I mean, who cares about Joe Biden? He is merely a tool, one of many we use to destroy Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1