Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Arthur getting fired is Good News for Bijan.

Hopefully atlanta hires a better new head coach that knows how to take advantage of BR's talent...

This was the last TD scored under Art Smith's tenure as Falcons HC. 

I bet it's going to eat him up for years and years.  Huge mismanagement of Bijan's talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/8/2024 at 7:11 AM, LTtxfan said:

Arthur getting fired is Good News for Bijan.

Hopefully atlanta hires a better new head coach that knows how to take advantage of BR's talent...

A syphilis-ridden mule would be able to use Bijan better than Smith did.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

LOL Bijan on a rookie is BB's wet dream. You're crazy. 

I did not say that. I think it is a damn good fit. But if so, just not to the Cowboys.

Sorry my bad, you posted as I was responding to a notification.

Edited by InkaUtexas

On 1/13/2024 at 11:57 AM, deft said:

Yeah well now he’s an unemployed monkey turned into a man by a wizard

Bijan really is special.  Remember when he got Tom Herman fired for keeping the best rb in college football on the bench for half a season?   Look at the start date of this thread and the first few pages if you don’t.   

Edited by SDG
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I did not say that. I think it is a damn good fit. But if so, just not to the Cowboys.

Sorry my bad, you posted as I was responding to a notification.

Bro what I didn't quote you. 

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

CrakRok said it so it must be true

Not saying Bill won't eventually end up the HC, but legitimate sources reported today that Harbaugh is coming in for a second interview next week.

Weird, unless it's some convoluted plan to drive Bill's price down while Harbaugh drives his price up for San Diego.

3 hours ago, naija said:

rather Harbaugh than Belichick re: Bijan.

Belichick without Brady has been a shitty head coach. ESPECIALLY when he was also the GM. 

Belichick can’t evaluate college talent for shit and  veteran free agents aren’t walking through the door to take a paycut to play for Belichick if Brady isn’t around. 

It was always the draw of Brady and never the genius of Belichick.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Belichick without Brady has been a shitty head coach. ESPECIALLY when he was also the GM. 

Belichick can’t evaluate college talent for shit and  veteran free agents aren’t walking through the door to take a paycut to play for Belichick if Brady isn’t around. 

This. This is what I think. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Idk man you need to listen to Edelman podcasts. I think a lot of it had to do with having a certain group of players that played a certain way. Tom was the embodiment of that ethos, but the whole team was bought in. I think a huge player leadership portion of the organization died when he left. Atlanta with a fresh start could be a great opportunity 

• Hook 'Em 2

That first Super Bowl they won the AFC championship on the road without Brady. In the Super Bowl their offense scored 13 with the defense scoring 7. Nevermind the defense held down the Rams O. They also won a Super Bowl scoring 13 points which is the lowest winning total since 1975 or some shit.

So that’s two Super Bowl wins with the offense along for the ride.

The losses in which they gave up 21 and 17 were amongst the lowest scoring totals to win a Super Bowl in the last 50 years.

They won 3 super bowls in Brady’s first 4 years of starting. Years in which he never completed more than 64% of his passes, never threw 30 TDs and had double digit picks in each of those years.

Even that Falcons game, the Falcons scored on a pick 6. The Pats had 12 points into the 4th quarter when the defense caused a fumble that ended with a 25 yard TD drive. And of course the Seahawks blew it.

They were fortunate the Bills, Dolphins and Jets were largely crappy during this time.

To act as though this run wasn’t heavily influenced by defense and special teams is completely off base. That’s the Bill factor.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Idk man you need to listen to Edelman podcasts. I think a lot of it had to do with having a certain group of players that played a certain way. Tom was the embodiment of that ethos, but the whole team was bought in. I think a huge player leadership portion of the organization died when he left. Atlanta with a fresh start could be a great opportunity 

They had a lot of underappreciated guys. NE was probably the first to use the undersized but not overly fast WR. Troy Brown, Welker, Edelman. They weren’t stars, but they were incredibly difficult to cover on the underneath stuff. Edelman destroyed the Rams in that Super Bowl.

13 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

They had a lot of underappreciated guys. NE was probably the first to use the undersized but not overly fast WR. Troy Brown, Welker, Edelman. They weren’t stars, but they were incredibly difficult to cover on the underneath stuff. Edelman destroyed the Rams in that Super Bowl.

They were stars what are you saying? lol they have all kinds of accolades and honors. 

I think Belichick would work well in Atlanta. Shitty division. Young, talented roster. QB issue can be addressed with a vet signing - no expectation to develop one currently on the team. 

I hope he doesn’t bring Matt Patricia. 

They were stars what are you saying? lol they have all kinds of accolades and honors. 

Maurice Jones-Drew: He shouldn't be a Hall of Famer. His stats aren't there, and he was never one of the league's top receivers during his career. Speaking about Edelman. He was a 7th round pick as a former QB from a nothing college. The most TDs in a season was 7 and generally was 11 yards per catch. Not sure if accurate but a quick read says he was never a pro bowler.

Welker was undrafted and cut once. He was great and did get some accolades no doubt but was second fiddle to Moss. He also only had 50 TD catches and was an 11 yard per catch guy.

Troy Brown had 1 pro bowl. He is NE Hall of Famer but outside of their circle was never really hyped as a star. 31 TD catches.

There’s probably more appreciation for them post career than during it. All 3 late draft picks or undrafted that are likely miscast and underutilized with any other team.

Bijon will be such a great Ambassador to the NFL for decades! I’m just so glad that he chose to wear the “Burnt Orange” in college! He (BR) is the walking “epitome” of success!

Hook’em!!!

Bijan!!! I guess I was hungry and thinking Dijon, as in Mustardson!!! I’ve gone through 5-6 bottles of BR’s mustards and have one of his T-shirts!

Hook’em!!!

On 1/21/2024 at 3:15 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I saw The Blair Witch Project there

Lived there as a freshman and can’t count the number of movies I saw there; back then (fall of ‘85) the last daily showings of each movie (only two screens back then) were $1. I saw Weird Science there the night I moved in…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1