George Clayton, Republican - Candidate for Texas State Board of Education

Pancho

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So....y’all know he’s gonna win the seat, right? Not in spite of being a raging asshole...but because of it. It’s the GOP brand, and they wear it proudly.

I think the opposite.  They love these examples just because of how outrageous the are.  Everyone can stop just short of him, point at him, and make themselves feel good for not being a raging racist asshole like that guy.  

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think the opposite.  They love these examples just because of how outrageous the are.  Everyone can stop just short of him, point at him, and make themselves feel good for not being a raging racist asshole like that guy.  

The people that love this asshole (a moniker unquestionably earned on merit) have felt very uncomfortable with the way the world was changing around them — upity minorities competing for good jobs through educational opportunity, women pushing into roles and for pay only offered to men, queers wanting to get married, hell even a n***** in the White House!

Those people adore anyone whose overt assholery evokes a similar discomfort in members of these groups or progressives okay with such change.  They read those tweets, break into a Jack Nicholson grin and give a little fist pump.  They read these threads and feed on your worry and woe.  That’s true of this guy and  our asshole-in-chief.

Its a weirdly Pavlovian feedback loop.  The asshole politician projects something backwards and outrageous, the mainstream reacts in horror, the deplorable have their basest feelings validated, the asshole politician gets the deplorables loyalty and support at election time freeing them to project the next outrageous thing.

Here’s to enough people getting shocked out of complacency and indifference to make near future elections break that cycle.  The emboldened right fringe needs to get back in their fucking gimp box.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 3

This massive piece of shit thinks he can run out the Trump playbook and get enough mouth breathing racists to vote him into office. And he's probably right. 

He’s certainly right. Because this is a country and state of assholes. Not JUST assholes...but enough.

It's certainly spreading to all major offices, but why is it that the first place you look if you want to find a Texas GOP fundatard dickhead is the BOE?

And, even if you take the politico-racist angle out of his tweets, who in the fuck goes around publicly messaging recent or soon-to-be high school graduates questioning their qualifications?  That's just a dickwad move.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I just skimmed through that moron's Twitter feed. It's like a mashup of Swam, Epi, & CLH's greatest hits. For a guy pretending to be a champion of education, he sure as shit has trouble speaking proper English and stringing together coherent thoughts. He's a true asset to the GOP.

• Like 1

It's certainly spreading to all major offices, but why is it that the first place you look if you want to find a Texas GOP fundatard dickhead is the BOE?

And, even if you take the politico-racist angle out of his tweets, who in the fuck goes around publicly messaging recent or soon-to-be high school graduates questioning their qualifications?  That's just a dickwad move.

“Dickwad” is the current GOP motto. I’m serious, and it’s amazing. They’re mean and petty when there’s not even any real purpose, other than to be dicks. They’re fucking mean. I’ve never seen anything like it, but there it is.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“Dickwad” is the current GOP motto. I’m serious, and it’s amazing. They’re mean and petty when there’s not even any real purpose, other than to be dicks. They’re fucking mean. I’ve never seen anything like it, but there it is.

sweet, fragile brisket.  hang in there, amigo. 

The State Board of Education is so overlooked in the power they wield over education, which all our kids carry forward.  This is from 2008, but it's amazing the amount of stupid shit they are responsible for:

How Well do You Know Your State Board of Education?

(It's Texas Monthly piece, won't let me paste it here.)

And these people are elected, not appointed. 

More on Clayton, written by a guy named Steger out of Richardson:

http://www.marksteger.com/2016/01/george-clayton-is-running-for-school.html

Monday, January 11, 2016

George Clayton is Running for School Board

George Clayton says he is running for RISD school board. You remember him, right? He's a one-term Republican member of the State Board of Education. He lost his re-election bid in the GOP primary. Then, as a Democrat, he lost his race for Texas State Representative to Linda Koop. Currently, he says he's the co-chair of the Trump for President Campaign for Congressional District 32. And now he says he'll be running for Richardson ISD board of trustees.

Inconsistent? Undisciplined? Unfocused? Opportunistic? You decide. In any case, these are just some of the lurches George Clayton has made in his career in politics. Somewhere along the line he announced he was going to challenge Angie Chen Button for the Texas legislature, then discovered he didn't even live in her district. Once before he said he was running for RISD school board. Then he said he wasn't. Do a search on "George Clayton" in The Wheel for more strange behavior. Full disclosure: I didn't endorse him in his 2010 run for the SBOE (smart decision in hindsight), then endorsed him in his re-election bid, reluctantly, by a process of elimination (the SBOE is that dysfunctional), but I still found him to be...well, read the archives.

In 2016, here's George Clayton in his incarnation as Donald Trump supporter, commenting about President Obama crying for the victims during a speech about gun violence:
Yesterday, Barack Obama cried. He did not cry because of his emotions toward those who have been killed by murderers, but because his Executive Actions did not obliterate the second amendment. He is upset because there are limits even to this lawless unpatriotic president. Are you familiar with these words. " I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of The President of the United States and will, to the best of my ability, PRESERVE, PROTECT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES."? How many times has this man violated his oath? How many times have the liberals come to his defense when he did violate his oath? Under, even similar but less drastic circumstances, a Republican president would have been impeached, tried, convicted and removed to lifelong exile while the main line media waved the American flag and cheered. Our nation is being undermined so completely and with such dedication, it will take a strong president and congress to restore the integrity that our nation has so longed enjoyed. The degradation of the United States is the change Mr. Obama claims that he is. In this, he is absolutely correct.
Source: Facebook.
Yikes! This is from a man who says he's running for school board. Is this the kind of man anyone wants running our schools, a man who mocks the president for shedding tears over murdered first graders? Really? A man so lacking in empathy shouldn't be anywhere near children, certainly not in charge of public schools.

His attitude towards parents is similarly uncaring. In 2010, in comments on an online article in The Dallas Morning News, he said his plan to improve science and math scores started with "keep parents as far from the schools as possible...What do parents know about pedagogy, writing curriculum, organizing lessons, determining grading rubrics etc. All they know is how intelligent little Sharon or Johnny is."

George Clayton, the serial candidate and sometime loser, is now threatening to bring this kind of thinking to the RISD.

9 hours ago, futureman said:

sweet, fragile brisket.  hang in there, amigo. 

Ain't nothing fragile about it.

I fucking hate dickheads who are dicks for the sake of being dicks. I want to see them defeated, I want to see them fail, I want to see them fucking crushed.  Mean people fucking suck, so fuck them in their fucking skulls.  Capiche?

• Like 1

For years now, I've been watching or reading about the nutjobs who get appointed to or run for the SBOE.  Something about controlling the curriculum of our children really attracts the radicals.

2010:  https://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/magazine/14texbooks-t.html?em

2010 (cache - original source no longer available):  https://muslimmatters.org/2010/05/26/washington-monthly-revisionaries-how-a-group-of-texas-conservatives-is-rewriting-your-kids’-textbooks/

2012:

~~~

George Clayton was on the SBOE from 2010 to 2012.  Here's some background:

... It soon became clear that Clayton was, on the surface at least, a mild-mannered administrator at North Dallas High School who believes wacky things like evolution should be taught in science class, which led to the second question about his SBOE bid: "Why?"

The SBOE is famous for cramming ridiculous things into school textbooks and having members that say outrageously regressive things, but the questions about why Clayton would want to join that circus in Austin was only academic, since he didn't stand a chance in the Republican primary fight against Geraldine "Tincy" Miller, who had maintained a stranglehold on the seat since 1984. But then Clayton, badly outspent and with little name recognition, pulled off a David-vs.-Goliath-style upset, unseating the previously bulletproof Miller.

And what's his track record been like since he was elected? He's been a conservative on the board, but a moderate one, said Dan Quinn, who heads communications for SBOE-watchdog the Texas Freedom Network.

"He's generally been a vote of sanity on the board most times," said Dan Quinn,

Now, after only two years since redistricting truncated what is typically a four-year term, Clayton is leaving office, having been elbowed out by social conservative Miller and an uber-social conservative Gail Spurlock. You might know her as the one who thinks Pilgrims were pinko commies.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/did-george-clayton-lose-his-sboe-seat-because-hes-sane-gay-or-had-no-money-7131192

So, in summary, George Clayton sounds like he sucks, but he doesn't appear to clear the bar for the the SBOE's suckitude threshold.

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This. This should be automatically disqualifying for literally any job that requires any amount of intelligence or basic judgment whatsoever.

17 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

He talks just like me!

13 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

A certain piece of shit named Daniel Figurelli comes to mind.

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

For years now, I've been watching or reading about the nutjobs who get appointed to or run for the SBOE.  Something about controlling the curriculum of our children really attracts the radicals.

2010:  https://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/magazine/14texbooks-t.html?em

2010 (cache - original source no longer available):  https://muslimmatters.org/2010/05/26/washington-monthly-revisionaries-how-a-group-of-texas-conservatives-is-rewriting-your-kids’-textbooks/

2012:

~~~

George Clayton was on the SBOE from 2010 to 2012.  Here's some background:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/did-george-clayton-lose-his-sboe-seat-because-hes-sane-gay-or-had-no-money-7131192

So, in summary, George Clayton sounds like he sucks, but he doesn't appear to clear the bar for the the SBOE's suckitude threshold.

then he came back and ran for the Texas house as a Democrat.  The Texas Tribune has him listed as a democrat now. 

https://www.texastribune.org/directory/george-m-clayton/

The Tribune's page on George shows his twitter account as being @GeorgeClayton.  The tweets quoted in the OP are from a different account.  @SBOEDist12 could be someone trying to impune the real George Clayton.  Or, it could be that George has more than one twitter account and really is that stupid.

53 minutes ago, bernorange said:

The Tribune's page on George shows his twitter account as being @GeorgeClayton.  The tweets quoted in the OP are from a different account.  @SBOEDist12 could be someone trying to impune the real George Clayton.  Or, it could be that George has more than one twitter account and really is that stupid.

From looking at the feed for https://twitter.com/georgeclayton I'm pretty sure the Trib just made an error

Because we have been turned into a nation of competitors by marketing people and the main scoreboards are looks, power, possessions and wealth.   No moral scruples need apply to getting the upper hand in any or all of these areas.   That breeds a whole lot of insecurity.  With that insecurity comes the tribe mentality and the natural instinct to diminish others in order to uplift yourself, instead of genuinely improving yourself.  

We are judged too much on what we have and what we do to others...not what we do FOR others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, staboner said:

wow thats depressing. how did we get to a point in our society where being a shithead is what people will support.

we hate ourselves more than we like our neighbors. just so fucking unhealthy. 

It's all we are.  Cruelty and hate is our brand, and business is booming.