Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

My company put up to a vote on Teams for what we'll donate our $5/month to wear jeans charity for this year as it's been Relay for Life for a decade or two. Of course doing it on Teams where every Karen in the company spends 6 hours a day pretending it's facebook means that we are now donating to....Care-Net...yay. Guess no jeans for me for the next decade.

I get the Care-Net issue, but what is this for starters?  Sounds like HR run amok.

$5/month to wear jeans charity

Wait, is this some deal where if you kick in $5/month to the company's group charity of choice you can wear jeans to work?

Edited by jimmyjazz

23 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

No pressure to do it at all, but there are plenty of Nazis who are all about making sure the donation is in if you do wear jeans.

Good lord.  That sounds borderline illegal, and definitely Karens unhinged.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord.  That sounds borderline illegal, and definitely Karens unhinged.

Best part was the old CEO never paid and nobody ever said shit to him, but a poor part-timer making $15/hr that started last week was fresh meat.

My favorite story with him was Christmas time when the CEO's assistant came around asking for donations to give the CEO a Christmas gift. My first year I thought it was a joke, but sure enough it was real. Man I'm glad that asshole retired.

Edited by SimonBolivar

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

At least pick 3 unrelated, demographically-diverse charities so people who don't want to donate to Care-Net don't "have" to just to wear jeans.  Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross, whatever.

Lol this is non Houston-DFW-Austin-San Antonio Texas man. It was met with boisterous applause and demographically-diverse charities sounds like some liberal bull to me. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

At least pick 3 unrelated, demographically-diverse charities so people who don't want to donate to Care-Net don't "have" to just to wear jeans.  Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross, whatever.

Mobile Loaves and Fishes \tampons.

I used to think socks were their greatest non-food need, then my daughters learned me.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/01/politics/cvs-walgreens-medication-abortion-republicans/index.html

Republican attorneys general from 20 states wrote letters to executives at CVS and Walgreens warning the pharmacy chains against using the mail to dispense abortion pills in their states, in a shot against a new Biden administration policy.

The letters rebuke recent guidance from the Justice Department – issued in an opinion from the DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel – that concluded the federal law did not prohibit the mailing of abortion pills. The release of the Justice Department opinion came ahead of the rollout of new rules from the Food and Drug Administration allowing certified pharmacies to dispense medication abortion with a prescription, including by mail order.

Paxton signed off on it, because of course.

https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-source/press-releases/2023-02-01-fda-rule---walgreens-letter-danielle-gray.pdf?sfvrsn=ff1e6652_2