Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

Its not my job to come up with the answer, Irwin F. Fuckface. Your leader said he was going to "SHUT IT DOWN!". Weren't those his exact words? 
Like I said earlier, you'd be better served just responding with your Avatar on a loop.

At this point, it's your only redeeming quality on this board.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think his mental acuity seems pretty on point for a 78 year old man, which is far more than I could say for Donald Trump at 73 (BUT TRUMP!).  I also know that you are aware why he sometimes speaks slowly, but you don't care, it's all team R with you, so that makes you a dick.  (Hey to @hayden_horn.)

What's "hey to hayden horn" about? Are you taddling, Jimmy? 🤣

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

How is this trolling? I'm talking about the mental competency of Joe Biden on the Joe Biden thread. 

So your definition of trolling is any opposing viewpoint....got it

It’s trolling because you don’t know anything about the mental competency of Joe Biden. You believe things about his mental acuity that are invulnerable to disproof in this setting.

• Hook 'Em 3

Call it what you like, but I'm simply pointing out that our Presient's brain is fucking scrambled. All of you know it's true. Joey baby is not going to make it another 3 years and he shouldn't be in there now. Harris, at some point, is going to have to finish out his term and then will be your candidate for 2024. Good luck with that 

Why do you believe Biden's "brain is fucking scrambled"?

Because Jesse Watters showed you some footage of a handful of misspoken words over the course of several speeches edited together to make the president look like a bumbling idiot and you fell for it?

• Haha 2

I'd love to see Biden and Trump sit down together to take the Stanford-Binet IQ test with public results.

I'd also love to see them both take a lie detector test with questions about whether they actually believe in God, if they've ever sexually assaulted a woman, if they've ever laundered money for Russian oligarchs, if they've ever sold state secrets to foreign agents, or if they've ever thought about Putin while they masturbated.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

What are you summoning HH for? I'm on topic and violating no rules. Do you want me censored for my opinion that the President is mentally incompetent? Is that a topic we are not allowed to talk about? 

Stop shitting all over this thread. You’re not adding to any reasonable discussion. 

@blacklab

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'd love to see Biden and Trump sit down together to take the Stanford-Binet IQ test with public results.

I'd also love to see them both take a lie detector test with questions about whether they actually believe in God, if they've ever sexually assaulted a woman, if they've ever laundered money for Russian oligarchs, if they've ever sold state secrets to foreign agents, or if they've ever thought about Putin while they masturbated.

Or if they’ve ever paid for an abortion or talked about dating their own daughter.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Satchel said:

It’s trolling because you don’t know anything about the mental competency of Joe Biden. You believe things about his mental acuity that are invulnerable to disproof in this setting.

Fuck you I'm trolling. Your post is more of a troll post. It's not on topic but only meant to bash me for having a different opinion than yours.  HAYDEN!!!!

10 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Fuck you I'm trolling. Your post is more of a troll post. It's not on topic but only meant to bash me for having a different opinion than yours.  HAYDEN!!!!

You contribute absolutely nothing to this board. If the mods want to allow it so be it but your posting history speaks for itself.

Feel free to bump a post from you that does anything but troll here. You can’t because it doesn’t exist. Your posts are worthless.

23 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Relax. Stop playing the victim. I’ve not bashed you. I asked you questions.

Doing what they can until a deal gets done:

Biden Administration Approves Two Big Solar Projects
The solar farms, planned for the California desert, would generate enough electricity to power about 132,000 homes, the Interior Department said.

WASHINGTON — The Biden administration said Tuesday that it had given the go-ahead to two major solar projects on federal land in the California desert, pushing forward with clean energy plans by using federal authority after Joe Manchin III, the West Virginia senator and coal industry supporter, this week said he would not back broader climate legislation, stalling it in Congress.

The two approved solar projects, and a third for which approval is nearing completion, would generate about 1,000 megawatts, enough electricity to power about 132,000 homes, the Interior Department said. All three projects are in Riverside County, Calif.

The project approvals are significant because they represent one of a limited number of policy tools available to the Biden administration as it works to wean the United States from fossil fuels and achieve a goal of slashing the country’s greenhouse gas emissions roughly in half by 2030.

Democrats have vowed to move forward with a vote on President Biden’s signature policy agenda, the Build Back Better Act, which includes $555 billion in clean energy tax credits. But the measure is not expected to pass given the statement this week from Mr. Manchin announcing his opposition.

Without that legislation, Mr. Biden is left with executive actions to advance his agenda. But that authority also faces challenges. In February the Supreme Court will hear arguments in a case brought by coal companies and Republican-led states to limit the authority of the Environmental Protection Agency to regulate greenhouse gas emissions.

“All bets are off with this Supreme Court,” said John Podesta, a former top aide to President Barack Obama, speaking at a recent panel discussion on climate change. “It’s definitely a challenge.”

The solar farms approved on Tuesday are known as the Arica and Victory Pass projects. According to the Interior Department, they will be photovoltaic solar projects and will generate a total of up to 465 megawatts of electricity with up to 400 megawatts of battery storage. The combined projects would cost about $689 million to build, according to the agency, which called them an “infrastructure investment.”

The Bureau of Land Management also is expected in coming days to approve a separate 500-megawatt photovoltaic plan known as the Oberon solar project. Located on 2,700 acres of public land in Riverside County, it is expected to generate 500 megawatts of renewable energy and power nearly 142,000 homes, the agency said.

“The efficient deployment of renewable energy projects will create good-paying jobs and are crucial in achieving the Biden-Harris administration’s goal of a carbon pollution-free power sector by 2035,” Tracy Stone-Manning, the director of the Bureau of Land Management, said in a statement.

Meanwhile, the agency also said it was soliciting interest for utility-scale solar energy development on nearly 90,000 acres of public land within what it called solar energy zones in Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico. In addition to eliminating emissions from fossil fuels in the electricity sector by 2035, Mr. Biden has pledged to cut United States emissions at least 52 percent from 2005 levels by the end of the decade.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think his mental acuity seems pretty on point for a 78 year old man, which is far more than I could say for Donald Trump at 73 (BUT TRUMP!).  I also know that you are aware why he sometimes speaks slowly, but you don't care, it's all team R with you, so that makes you a dick.  (Hey to @hayden_horn.)

“End quote”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Dollars to donuts they would both strike these. Along with another 20 from the senate. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Immortal isn’t trolling. These are his actual opinions. 

Very clever. I just think it's funny that you won't admit that I'm right. There is no way that you have watched Joe Biden speak in the last 6 months and come away with the opinion that his brain is functioning normally unless you're a fucking idiot. So which is it....delusion or idiocy?

Very clever. I just think it's funny that you won't admit that I'm right. There is no way that you have watched Joe Biden speak in the last 6 months and come away with the opinion that his brain is functioning normally unless you're a fucking idiot. So which is it....delusion or idiocy?

what? I was just telling people to stop reporting your posts for trolling because that was actually in fact your opinion not a troll. 

Define normal. He’s functioning perfectly well for a man with a life long stutter.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Different take the state of affairs from Frum that's worth mulling over.

Biden Won Big With a Bad Hand
Relative to its strength in Congress, the Biden administration has proved outstandingly successful.

Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia is taking heat for sinking, at least for the moment, the Biden administration’s Build Back Better Act. But before pointing fingers, Democrats should use those fingers to count votes.

The past may cast some light on the politics of narrow majorities. Republicans had a bad election in 2000. They lost two seats in the House, reducing their majority in that chamber to a precarious three votes. Republicans lost four seats in the Senate, resulting in a 50–50 tie. Vice President Dick Cheney was the tie-breaking vote in the Senate, just as Vice President Kamala Harris is now. And, of course, George W. Bush entered the presidency under the cloud of the Florida recount, having lost the national popular vote to Al Gore.

This outcome severely limited the new President Bush’s governing options, especially before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, reshaped U.S. politics. Bush shrank his legislative agenda to two broadly popular items: first, a tax cut that passed the House with 230 votes and the Senate with 58; then an education bill that passed early in 2002 with 381 votes in the House and 87 in the Senate.

Like Biden’s ambitions, the Bush administration’s first-year agenda was beholden to the least reliable members of the president’s party in the Senate. In 2001, those were Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island and James Jeffords of Vermont. Jeffords would switch parties in 2001, tipping the partisan balance of the Senate. The whims and vagaries of those two officeholders transfixed and baffled the Bush White House just as the moods and caprices of Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema transfix and baffle the Biden White House now.

Bush took office at a more placid time than Biden did. He arrived with a less ambitious legislative agenda too. But if the times have changed, the grammar of power has not.

“When I cannot get a dinner to suit my taste, I endeavor to get a taste to suit my dinner.” That was Washington Irving’s advice to travelers. It’s good advice for politicians too.

Relative to its strength in Congress, the Biden administration has proved outstandingly successful. In 11 months, Biden has done more with 50 Democratic senators than Barack Obama did with 57. He signed a $1.9 trillion COVID-relief bill in March 2021: $1,400-per-person direct payments, $350 billion in aid to state and local governments, an extension of supplemental unemployment-insurance benefits and subsidies under the Affordable Care Act. He signed a $1 trillion infrastructure bill in November. He signed some 75 executive orders, many of them advancing liberal immigration goals. He’s also won confirmation for some 40 federal judges, more than any first-year president since Ronald Reagan, and twice as many as Donald Trump confirmed in his first year with a 54-vote Senate majority.

But sooner or later, Biden was bound to bump into congressional constraints.

Indeed, from a progressive point of view, it’s a miracle that he did not bump into those constraints even sooner than he did. Had Trump accepted defeat in November with any kind of grace or decency, Republicans would surely have held at least one of the two Georgia Senate seats, and President Biden would have had to negotiate his agenda past Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

It’s bad psychology and worse political science to use electoral outcomes to make grand pronouncements about public opinion. But if we should be very careful in our statements about what voters wanted, we can easily see what the electoral system delivered. That system delivered a decisive repudiation of the Trump presidency in the presidential election in November, then a repudiation of the Trump post-presidency in Georgia in January. Beyond that, however, the system did not deliver the opportunity for progressive change that it delivered in 2008, let alone in 1964 or 1932.

Instead of fulminating against Manchin for calling quits when he did, Democrats might want to reflect on how much of their agenda got enacted only thanks to the team spirit of a senator from a state that Trump won in 2020 by 39 points.

Anybody can win a poker game with a good hand. It takes a real maestro to play a bad one.

Biden won a bigger pool with worse cards than any Democratic president ever. He won that pool because Manchin gave Biden more loyalty under more adverse conditions than the moderate Democrats of 2009 gave to President Obama.

Perhaps it’s not the nature of Democrats to appreciate the glass half full. But half full it is.

The Democrats have a year remaining in the present Congress. That’s too little time to waste on recrimination, but time enough to secure voting rights, to accelerate the shift to carbon-zero fuels, and to complete and publish the investigation into the attack on Congress on January 6, 2021. A rebuff is not a retreat. It’s a sign to proceed in a different direction.

16 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Was this a stutter or did he just straight up lie?

Not having cable, I don't normally keep up on the "he said, she said" minutiae of these kinds of back-and-forth statements unless brought up on this site. And, not understanding the context nor intent of the the above, I was left thoroughly confused.

So, I went to the transcript:

Q    Mr. President, you often talk about the importance of keeping your word of trust.  Do you believe Senator Manchin kept his word to you?  And how do you rebuild trust with progressives in your party to advance your legislation now?

THE PRESIDENT:  You know, I told you before — you’ve heard me say this before: Some people think maybe I’m not Irish because I don’t hold a grudge.

Look, I want to get things done.  I still think there’s a possibility of getting Build Back Better done. 

What I don’t want to do is get into — and Joe went on TV today and — I don’t know if it was TV or not; I’m told he was speaking to the liberal caucus in the House and said, “Joe Biden didn’t mislead you, I misled you.”

And so, look, I’m not — I’m not looking for — let me say something: You saw what happened yesterday.  All the talk about how my Build Back Better plan was going to increase inflation, was going to cause these debts and all the like — what happened?

Goldman Sachs and others said if we don’t pass Build Back Better, we’re in trouble — because it’s going to grow the economy.  And without it, we’re not going to grow.

And what happened?  Stock prices went way down.  It took a real dip.

It's possible it was a lie, but Biden certainly has plausible deniability with his admission that he doesn't know if Manchin's alleged statement was on TV or not along with the addition of "I'm told".

Also, if you go back to the transcript, Biden certainly doesn't seem to be maliciously attacking Manchin. In fact, he doesn't mention him again until asked the following:

Q    Mr. President, did Senator Manchin break his commitment to you?  When you announced the framework, the White House says that all 50 senators were believed to get behind it — all 50 Democratic senators.  So, did Senator Manchin break his commitment to you?

THE PRESIDENT:  Senator Manchin and I are going to get something done.  Thank you.

Googling the follow up clarification by the White House, CNN has the following:

The President also told reporters he had been "told (Manchin) was speaking to the liberal caucus in the House and said, 'Joe Biden didn't mislead you, I misled you.'" It was unclear what meeting Biden was referring to.

Later Tuesday, the White House attempted to clean up that comment.

"The President was underlining that constructive and respectful conversations are happening in good faith between himself, Senator Manchin, and other lawmakers. However, the President wanted to clarify that Senator Manchin did not characterize himself as having been 'misleading,'" White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates said in a statement Tuesday evening. "The President looks forward to continuing to work together with Senator Manchin and his colleagues in the Senate and House to address shared priorities based on common values."

CNN has reached out to Manchin's office for comment on Biden's remarks.

Manchin spoke with the Senate Democratic Caucus in a Tuesday night call that his spokesperson called "an honest conversation with his colleagues for whom he has a great deal of respect."

The original tweet about what Biden said seems more about stirring the pot than the real story, which is that it sounds like there're a lot of negotiations that seem to be going on behind the scenes, and we're only getting small glimpses peaking out from behind the curtains.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The original tweet about what Biden said seems more about stirring the pot than the real story, which is that it sounds like there're a lot of negotiations that seem to be going on behind the scenes, and we're only getting small glimpses peaking out from behind the curtains.

Nuance and context are dead on arrival these days. Pundits and commentators are only interested in emotional gut-punches and sound bites that stir up disgust and anger in their audience.

Honest debate died when Limbaugh stepped into the void left by William F. Buckley.

Throw in Boortz, and Alex Jones, and dozens upon dozens of other foaming at the mouth bullhorn bullies, and truth hasn't stood a chance since the early 90s.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Nuance and context are dead on arrival these days. Pundits and commentators are only interested in emotional gut-punches and sound bites that stir up disgust and anger in their audience.

Honest debate died when Limbaugh stepped into the void left by William F. Buckley.

Throw in Boortz, and Alex Jones, and dozens upon dozens of other foaming at the mouth bullhorn bullies, and truth hasn't stood a chance since the early 90s.

You've outlined quite nicely the justification for dumping cable news altogether. It's the obsession with gotchas that they use to fill the demands of a 24-hour "news" cycle.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

You've outlined quite nicely the justification for dumping cable news altogether. It's the obsession with gotchas that they use to fill the demands of a 24-hour "news" cycle.

Since I cut the cord, I find it much easier to discern fact from opinion. MSNBC is not the cure to FOX. Reuters, AP, and BBC are.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1