Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s pretty predictable when they show up. They’ll be gone again soon leaving behind one troll to keep the flame alive until the next round of what they think is good news for them. It’s as predictable as the seasons. 

I’ve put Sack and immortal on ignore.  It really improves the board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Dude unless they believe exactly the same as you there's no way they could have a clue how things actually work! How could they?

Not understanding economics is not a belief. Economics, science, history (actual history, not history of the Confederate Daughters), etc are based on actual facts. The message boards FB posts of these folks makes you question if they understand the basics of anything.

A rainbow flag or a BLM flag triggers these folks into a full online meltdown.
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

No, about half don’t even have a truck. The ones that do have 150s. White Range rovers with 12th man stickers seem to be the go to.  Now go 10 mins west, and you get into the horse properties and you definitely get the more “country” guys, but still pretty far from hicks.  Those dudes hang out up in Waller. 

I was in the Hockley-Waller-Tomball Research Triangle a few days ago and it sure seems like the Dudes Selling Flags By the Side of the Road industry is thriving over there.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 12/18/2021 at 1:47 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Here’s a simple question @Bravo and any other lurking “conservatives”:

Do you think trump tried to steal the 2020 election and was complicit with other members of the GOP?  

That’s all I want to know. Yes or no. 

Over 48 hours and not a single response to this.  Very telling.  @Bravo

That shit is all over the west side. I’m south of Cinco Ranch. Pretty sure 70% of my neighborhood is Trumpkins that have no clue how things actually work. The loudest ones have the least understanding.
I should print up little thank you stickers to put underneath those, signed by "The Oil Industry"
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:19 AM, workswithseed said:

FedSoc seems to kinda suck.

Well, historically, it's more about human nature.  I believe most judges take their oaths and their jobs pretty seriously, to include trying not to let their personal biases infect their decisions.

Of course, that is unavoidable to some extent because all of us are blind to some of our biases.

Judges have become more overtly poltiical in the last quarter century or so, and many of them are probably less conscientious about keeping their personal biases out of their courtrooms and opinions.  And they have been encouraged to be political by their respective parties and moreso by the GOP in response to perceived liberality, often coming from Republican appointees.

Still, like many other things, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The news will likely add more volatility to the market. Whether the bill is officially dead, delayed or poised for a major rewrite, investors must grapple with yet more political uncertainty on top of worries about the Omicron variant and inflation.

Goldman Sachs, for one, lowered its growth expectations. Strategists there told clients last night that it was cutting its real G.D.P. forecast for 2022, including to 2 percent in the first quarter from 3 percent. The Goldman team said Democrats may yet pass some provisions in the Biden bill, focused on manufacturing and supply chain issues, but were less likely to approve measures like extending the expanded child tax credit.

But Wall Street is likely to cheer the demise of some other provisions. The Goldman strategists said it was less likely now that corporate taxes would go up, having previously predicted that those higher rates would reduce the S&P 500’s earnings by 3 percent next year. Many investors also feared, as Manchin does, that the bill would have increased inflation

4 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

@hayden_horn Are you telling us that we can't say this post is from a triggered bitchass?

i just get tired of the useless back and forth. yes, his post is worthless. it's sad that he chooses to post like this. 

on topic, i choose to agree with parts of biden's address today, and disagree with some others. he's really fumbled the ball over the past couple of months, since delta, really. so while i agree in part with immortal's post, i find his style of posting extremely unhelpful in having any kind of real discussion.

but if you want to call him that, explain why, at least, so there's some content and not this petty sniping back and forth. it's exhausting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i just get tired of the useless back and forth. yes, his post is worthless. it's sad that he chooses to post like this. 

on topic, i choose to agree with parts of biden's address today, and disagree with some others. he's really fumbled the ball over the past couple of months, since delta, really. so while i agree in part with immortal's post, i find his style of posting extremely unhelpful in having any kind of real discussion.

but if you want to call him that, explain why, at least, so there's some content and not this petty sniping back and forth. it's exhausting.

tv land fighting GIF by nobodies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Oh you don't like my style? I am so sorry, sir. I'll make sure and parrot your posting style from now on

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2